Old 02-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #1  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Default Grumble Grumble

TOM. I don't like Tom.

Sometimes it sneaks up on me. I start feeling "blah." I find myself tired and irritated. I begin thinking I dislike my job. I feel like DH is nitpicking me. And of course- my scale starts rebelling.

And then it dawns on me..."Oh...Tom...How I DID NOT miss you."

Mostly I'm just angry that I made this month more difficult then the last. I ate more hm...questionable foods and I can tell. It always makes Tom more difficult.

Anyone else want to grumble about Tom or anything else?
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #2  
Living Intuitively

Oh. And because I played so much with my food choices last month- My sugar cravings are back. :: sigh ::
Old 02-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

I posted this last week and I think it aptly describes my feelings LOL

Dear Period:

I know you are a necessary function of life. I know I desperately need you to be like clockwork every single month so that I may follow the biological directive you are made for and reproduce. I assure you that I very very much wish to do so. I am so very thankful that you are reliable and on time 99.9% of the time to help me in this endeavor.

But we need to talk.

What is this mess about making me gain 4 lbs???? I know it is you and I'm wondering exactly what I did to make you angry with me. I just don't get it. See, in order to fulfill your mission in life I need to get pregnant and I know me not being pregnant is making you think less of me, but the truth is; I can't get pregnant until I lose weight. I just don't understand why you would sabotage this by making me GAIN 4 lbs.

It seems very counter-productive. You should be ashamed.

It's very hard to want to stay on plan and eat right today when I feel so absolutely bloated and miserable. But I'm going to. I'm not going to let you win. I'm not going to let you sabotage my weight loss because you want to be a little b*tch.

Period, you need to grow up and get with the program.

I posted it to be funny and to make myself feel better about the gain, but I got a lot of negative feedback from the not so lucky girls that don't have one every month. To that, I just want to say it was not my intention to cause issue and I am very grateful I have a normal schedule in regards to my TOM. Grateful that I have a normal flow, but at the same time that doesn't mean I have to enjoy the problems with a normal flow. I meant it to be funny, not to cause anyone heartache!
FickleHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #4  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Double grumble grumble!!!

Holy crap do I ever relate right now. I have an IUD, so I don't ever get a full on period (thankfully) But then I forget that I will still be b*tchy, moody, irritable, irrational, crampy, grumpy, hungry, angry, ravenous and have no will power (all crammed into a span of 5 minutes too!) Then I remember, crap, I have to deal with this every damn month. I have noticed these emotions/feelings/bingeing have a direct correlation with the numbers on the scale! Thankfully (for me) the hormonal rollercoaster really will only last a few days (feels like weeks!) Now that I am charting my progress, in theory, I should be able to better anticipate these monthly happenings (didn't keep track of TOM before) and MAYBE be a little more emotionally prepared for it... like I said... in theory
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #5  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

FickleHearts - I totally enjoyed that
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #6  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

My letter (thanks for the inspiration)

Dear TOM,

I don't need you any more. It was good to have you keeping me working so I could produce my (totally awesome absolutely fantastic) kids. But I'm done with that.

I even underwent an endometrial ablation because you were too intense--but you still wouldn't go away.

I'm done with you--done, I say.

Go away.
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Grumbling right along with you.Mine is a whole week early...really not liking the whole getting older thing,because now TOM decides to show up early or late I should have known too...because I ate ALL WEEKEND LONG
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #8  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethFromDayton View Post
My letter (thanks for the inspiration)

Dear TOM,

I don't need you any more. It was good to have you keeping me working so I could produce my (totally awesome absolutely fantastic) kids. But I'm done with that.

I even underwent an endometrial ablation because you were too intense--but you still wouldn't go away.

I'm done with you--done, I say.

Go away.
yep. I'm 50, almost 51 and I'm not birthing another kid. I've had my period for 39 years now. That's enough.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Well I am at that glorious stage in life where my periods are irregular and I have random hot flashes. On some wonderful days I have both. At the same time.

The scale reflects every period with a 2-3 pound weight gain but I ignore it and stay on plan knowing in a couple of days those pounds will leave and usually take a friend or two along with them.

Thankfully the hormone shifts become less jagged all the time so the mood swings aren't too extreme. This too shall pass and in its own good time.
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #10  

I never thought I'd say this in a million years but I am DYING for a normal period, a real period even!!

My body is so out of whack with hormones after stopping some meds I was on so now I don't know what end is up. The meds I was on killed everything inside (no period symptoms, no crying, no moodswings, no bloating, but also no sex drive). Except for the sex drive thing, it was awesome. It must be what a man feels like everyday LOL!

I only have to deal with this about another month so I can get the levels all tested and hopefully onto pregnancy-land, God willing. At this point, a month is nothing!

Be happy you have a normal period, it means you are healthy!!!!

Sorry to rain on your TOM pity-party-----love you guys!!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 182/182/130

Height: 5'2

Grumble Grumble indeed -_- this was me all week. I was freaking out because I was following my plan (with the exception of a small amount of chocolate on day 1) and suddenly I was back up three pounds. >=O I stepped off my scale, climbed into my bed and just cried. I was dangerously grumpy LOL.

It ended yesterday. I was hanging on to 3-4 pounds of just water.

Hang in there!!
UrbanHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #12  
Living Intuitively

I'm not sure if my TOM is really regular. Sometimes I think it's just dressing up in costume, masquerading as the real thing. I'm not sure if I'm really ovulating. I need to start charting.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #13  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
I only have to deal with this about another month so I can get the levels all tested and hopefully onto pregnancy-land, God willing.
I'm looking forward to vicariously enjoying your pregnancy. Babies are the best!

The first time I was pregnant, I loved being pregnant. The second time, I hated it. But I got perfect babies out of both times, so I consider it an absolute win.

Last edited by bethFromDayton; 02-26-2013 at 01:13 PM.
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #14  

Lunarsongbird---when it's time to start really charting for baby planning, make sure you check in with your doctor. I thought I was tracking my ovulation perfectly and it turns out that I was never ovulating at all! I told my doc I could tell I *WAS* and she just shook her head and said I couldn't have been.

I know you are very knowledgeable with this info but I just didn't want you to waste any time like I did.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethFromDayton View Post
I'm looking forward to vicariously enjoying your pregnancy. Babies are the best!

The first time I was pregnant, I loved being pregnant. The second time, I hated it. But I got perfect babies out of both times, so I consider it an absolute win.
Thank you Beth!! It will be nothing short of a miracle if I can pull this off! And I will have to be eating healthy for those 9 months so I'll still be here no matter what!

I will only have one shot of ever being pregnant so I am already determined to enjoy every minute of it, even the morning sickness and birth process!