Old 01-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #556  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning everyone!

What an encouragement to read all your posts. All of you are doing fantastic!

lunarsongbird, baby step adjustments are the way to go! I started that way too but the more I got into the organic (I can't believe the fruits and veggies have so much FLAVOR!) and unprocessed foods, the more I love this new way of eating. And I eat so much LESS and just don't WANT more because I am getting my nutrition and not junked up on addictive chemicals and stuff. I agree with you about GMOs... the more I learn about it the more determined I am to avoid it.

Donna, you must be feeling so much better with so much weight gone. And yes, you are not far from the two-teens and then... ONEderland!! And it really is true... nothing DOES taste as good as thin feels! And yes... how are you going to reward yourself at 100 pounds? Although that IS a reward ha.

jenicra, it is fun to see you posting away down here in this thread... and you are moving right through it too. Way to go.

ANewCreation, on another pound gone.

Okay, for my big news....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ni-me-but.html

AND... even though I have not lost a pound (!!!) since 12/23 my doctor DID say it is probably gaining muscle from all my hard workouts... AND I just tried on the size 16 pant I bought in December that I could not begin to get on and zip. They fit!!! Which mean I am quite a bit smaller!!

Hope everyone has a super week. Let's go for it!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #557  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Misti! Congrats!!

Jenicra - nice to see you posting!

Donna - what an amazing milestone!! Keep on pushing through!

AnewCreation - woohooo for scale moving downward

I'm back "up" to 230 even, from 228.6, it's a normal thing for me, a dip into a new decade, then a popping back up. I used to call it orientation into the new decade :S I know I had a normal piece of pie last night and not near enough water, I'm still ok with my food choices during the times of stress and absolute lack of sleep I've had this week. My oldest son started getting sick the 15th, and I was 234, today it all seems gone besides the residual, and I'm weighing in at an even 230, thats a 4 lb loss. The old me, would have given in and ordered pizza, hit the drive through, or just grabbed stuff from the freezer to fill our bellies quickly. The newer healthy me doesn't want that and more, even though the thought DID cross my mind, it was fleeting and quickly put away. Food isn't a reward, its fuel, and just like my checkbook, I want as much fuel for my (caloric) dollars, so, I fuel more wisely. Good news is, fevers seems to be gone from both boys, the baby is taking fluids again and wetting, even though the antibiotics are taking their revenge on him. He loves yogurt, so been feeding him some to help restore/maintain his gut flora and fauna.

Hoping everyone has an excellent Saturday, it's sunny here but the temp is still below freezing, high of 45 yesterday so if it does it again today, I think I'll take the kids to the park for some fresh air and a walk.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #558  

LOL oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

230.0 -- come ON 229 ARGH

I will get there if is the last thing I do!!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 01-19-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #559  

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY I DID IT!

I waited 10 mins and weighed again and it said 229! I am on the downhill side of the thread

YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 01-19-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #560  

Misti, you are so cute!! And a girl by my own heart!!! So happy for you, 229 is going to be HUGE for me!!!

You are having the best morning and your happiness is making mine great too, I love it!!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #561  

LOL thanks elvislover. For sure you are almost there! And I see you are also coming up on 100 pounds lost! Now THAT will be a celebration for you!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #562  

I'm so close I can literally taste it!!! I weigh in on Monday so I am praying I lost 3.7 but it's a huge stretch! (I am medically monitored so it's ok if I lose that much, I don't want anyone to think I am doing anything unhealthy!)

I never thought I'd lose 10lbs back when I started this, I thought I was destined to be heavy the rest of my life. To think I am closing in on 100 is surreal to me. And I couldn't have done it without all of you.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #563  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I also am wanting that 229...Come to us, my pretty. Misti- we are just going to rub elbows with you to try to get some of your magic to rub off on us, hm?

Misti, It's so wonderful that you finally broke through your plateau!!

I did an official weigh-in today and gained a pound.
So here's something math. It two weeks:
I'm down 10 pounds on the scale. I've lost 11 pounds of fat and 1 pound of muscle.

Just shows that darn scale isn't everything.

Case and point- Misti's pants now fit. Silly Scale.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #564  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

229 this morning.

Honestly, an extremely high stress day yesterday. I'm still reeling from it, but determined not to let it drag at me. I have a LOT of awesome in my life and it all deserves my best. I deserve to be my best, and those who try to tell me otherwise can go kick rocks!

After all the stress and drama of yesterday, I had to go to WalMart, my neighbor went with me, the same one who had the snarky comment about the 1st 10 pounds being all water weight. She swings into the bakery and grabs a huge cheesecake and says, "We're having cheesecake! After the day you've had you DESERVE this". I politely said, no, I don't want it. She kept insisting that I -needed, deserved, should have- that cheesecake. I finally had to reply, kind of forcefully, "No, I DESERVE to be the best I can be, and that's NOT going to give me that!". Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love a good cheesecake, but I also know right now is going to be a delicate mental and emotional state for me, and giving in to HER need to feed me crap food (honestly, I think it's some sort of perverse need to keep me in the box she's comfortable with), it would be way to easy to allow that one slice to turn into a quick run to McD's today for lunch at the park with the kids, and later in the week, a sonic run for a dr pepper and the snow ball effect would have begun. No, thanks. I don't need the headaches and stomach distress that will result from the sugar and carbs and fats and fillers all over again.

I wish we had a kickboxing class close by....

Last edited by Angihas2; 01-20-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:15 AM   #565  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I traveled for business this week and as usual, fell face first into a lot of food. I gained 2 pounds. I've been dancing around this same blasted weight since October. I have one more business trip at the end of the month then I have a 6 to 8 week hiatus while I go through physical therapy for my feet and ankles.

I really need a different job. This traveling consultant gig isn't working for me. I screw up my weight loss efforts every stinking time I travel, I get so tired on travel weeks that it takes several days after to recover and frankly, the work that I'm doing just isn't a challenge for me.

I think I'm going to start looking for another job tomorrow.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #566  

Yay, angiehas2! 229 is what we are all rooting for! The next "9" you see you'll be in the teens! Sorry about your neighbor, we shouldn't have to deal with sabotaging people. I'm glad you kept saying no. And I don't deal with snarky people like that so I give you credit that you haven't already written her off like I would have! There will be plenty of opportunities in the future for us to have foods off our plan but right now, we have to do what is best for us. I'm so happy that you didn't cave.

Hugs Garnet, sorry you had a rough week. The stress on your body from traveling must be so hard. I wish you luck in finding a new job to help with your work/life balance, I realized in the last few years just how important the balance can be.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #567  

Hi everyone

LOL you are all a riot!

elvislover, good for you for being medically monitored. I too am under my doctor's supervision and it is nice to have her support. 100 pound is such a huge loss! Good job.

lunarsongbird, LOL. My 229 is still pretty shaky so not sure there is any magic dust from it but I am sending some just in case. LOL well I was going to but can't remember the code and every time I try to go advanced it deletes my message and takes me to a strange page... so guess you will have to pretend.

And my pants ow fit (barely ha) but I was in Catherine's yesterday and someone helping me asked if I needed a 2x or 3X. GAAAAAA I am a 1X and sometimes a 0X!! Boooooo hisssss. She kept trying to sell me a 2X top and I said NO! A few of my snugger fitting tops are still 2X and big on me, and it has been MONTHS since I wore a 3X!!!

Angihaus, good job on not giving in to your neighbor. Sheesh, why do people try to DO that? Trying to force feed someone whom they know is losing weight is so rude!!!

Garnet, sorry you had such a rough week. Hope you are able to get a job soon that is more of a fit.

Greetings to the rest of you.

I am off to church in my size 16 pants LOL

And I have now tried to post this THREE times and it has not worked so if this doesn't work I guess it will be later. At least I typed it in notepad!!!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 01-20-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #568  

Thanks Misti!!!

OMG, you are so not a 2X or 3X based on your height/weight and the pics you posted here. Even so, buy what you want! I have bought a few smaller clothes that the clerks probably laughed like, who are these skinny clothes for? I never went to Catherine's, do you like it? We lost our Fashion Bug and they always pushed coupons for Catherine's.

God is going to love seeing your new 16 pants in church today, yay you!!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #569  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

LOL at Misti, but boy, oh boy, do I understand where you're coming from! Congratulations on the next decade. You earned that pound, didn't you!?

Angihas - good for you for sticking to your guns with the cheesecake. I know that wasn't easy. And you're so right, those kinds of things can so easily lead to a spiral of yuckiness.

Garnet - sorry to hear about the job stress. I think I'd be in same position as you if I traveled for work. Good luck with the search (and the physical therapy!)

Elvis, Misti drew to my attention just how darn close you are to having lost 100 lbs - whoa there! How awesome is that?

Daily weight: 238.4

Last edited by jenicra; 01-20-2013 at 01:39 PM.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #570  

Thanks jenicra (and misti again too!)!! It's surreal to me, really. It's probably not going to be until Feb.1st-ish that I get there (praying for a big loss tomorrow at my weigh in to bring me to 229!). I'm very excited, it's been a long haul!

My eye is on the prize of one-derland though, I will be shocked when I get there!