Old 11-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #31  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Well, just a bit closer to goal this morning. 295.5. With the weekend looming, I am concerned because when I'm at home with the boys on the weekends, I cook more for them, and end up tasting as I cook. I think this weekend the boys can cook for themselves! I want to break below 295 by Sunday!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:12 AM   #32  
Renaissance Woman

So, last night, I devoured a whole bag of potato chips. No, not the single serving size. The one with eight servings in it! Kettle Brand sour cream and onion. I have NEVER eaten a whole bag of potato chips before. I have no idea why I started on them. I just wanted a few. I even put some into a small container. Then I refilled the container. Repeatedly!

I was pretty frustrated with myself. I don't know why I wake up every day with such commitment only to lose all resolve between 4 and 10 p,m. If I can figure that out, I will have this weight loss thing licked!

I spent the day doing pennance. I cleaned my bedroom. It was pretty bad, very cluttered and over-stuffed with books and papers. And lots of dust. Now it's virtually dust-free and everything that doesn't belong in my room is out. Tomorrow I'll finish up by cleaning my closet.

My therapist suggested I clean and decorate my bedroom in anticipation of receiving a gentleman caller. Screw that. I'm doing it all for me!
Old 12-04-2012, 02:15 PM   #33  
Renaissance Woman

Waaaay past the potato chips today. Happily! Have had a couple of good really low carb days. Today I find I'm hungrier, even though I'm still rockin' the very low carb ketogenic diet. Actually, I haven't achieved the ketogenic mix today. Too low on the protein too, so I've got some turkey necks coming up for lunch in a little bit. Nom!

Stuck at 295.5 for the second day in a row. Come on fat! Melt!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #34  
Renaissance Woman

After a really lovely weekend away, I came back to weigh in at 293.

Learned that eating to manage stress is the major hang-up and that I need to deal with stress better. Exercising really helps while I'm doing it. But I found that things like massages, and especially reflexology on my hands and feet.

I might have that done on a weekly basis till I discover other methods of stress management that don't cost so much. The reflexology is $25 for both hands and feet plus a full body massage. That's $100/month. I think I can easily give up my Starbuck's habit for this!
Old 01-16-2013, 04:39 PM   #35  
Renaissance Woman

Wow! It's been over a month since I've posted. And yet, no progress. The holidaze was a bit tougher on me than I had anticipated. I gained 10 lbs since I was last here. Unbelievable that it was so easy to do, but to get that 10 off will take a lot longer. Grrrr!

No sense dwelling on where I've been. Just focusing on where I'm going from here.

Today, so far, it's been a good day with the choices. Keeping the carb intake very very low. Have had three servings of vegetables so far today, and I am looking forward to two servings of roasted Brussels sprouts for my afternoon snack. (I know, but I do enjoy them!) This evening is my cardio/TRX class, which, to my surprise, I am beginning to LOVE!

I am struggling with water intake. According to my doctor, due to my size, I should be drinking 19 8-oz servings of water. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!??? As a middle-aged woman with incontinence issues, that seems like a daunting task. I've only had six servings so far today and the glass of water in front of me is the least appealing thing I can thing to put in my mouth at the moment. It's not that I don't like drinking water, because I do. I am not at all thirsty! I normally drink about 10 servings of water/day. I've figured out that, since I have 12-oz. drinking glasses, I can drink 13 of those a day, one nearly every hour that I'm awake. I'll probably go to the bathroom 13 times a day. I've been reading about training one's bladder. Really?