Old 10-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #31  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter View Post
I'm still here, but I'm a grump anyhow so it's unlikely anyone misses my posts.

I am more or less in maintenance, trying to stay below 155 but due to some struggles with binging lately (emotional life just a completely ridiculous mess, it's actually comical) am more like maintaining below 160 as a practical matter.

The 100 pound club still feels like my "home" forum here, even though I'm in maintenance now.
You are totally the kind we need around here so make sure you come home often .

We are all grumpy and moody.. our food is being messed with after all..lol We grumble through workouts... and that is ok as long as we do them. We need to see that there is light at the end of the tunnel
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #32  
Becoming A Better Me

TGIF ladies!
altho not to sure its such a good thing as ill be just as busy over the weekend as during the week! its nice to see this thread has been active since u started it belinda, thanx for the jump start! hope u ladies have an awesome day!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #33  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerouscurvesahead View Post
TGIF ladies!
altho not to sure its such a good thing as ill be just as busy over the weekend as during the week! its nice to see this thread has been active since u started it belinda, thanx for the jump start! hope u ladies have an awesome day!
Now if we can just keep everyone active and engaged! I don't like coming here and not seeing any activity it just makes me sad
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #34  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallSteps View Post
Yeah this!! I come here at least once a day and read and try to post something new or on someones thread but sometimes it does seem like you are just talking to yourself.
The week between Christmas and New Years is the worst. Last year I was the only one who posted for a week and a half in a check-in.

I get frusterated with check-ins where no one seems to want to talk to each other. They just show up, post their weight, or a single sentence and leave, and these are the people who started the challenge! I hang out on forums to find people to talk to, to get to know each other. I understand that we are all busy and we don't always have time to post each day, because I'm guilty of it myself, but people tend to take cues from the people who start the threads.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:57 PM   #35  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

This group has always had slower times and CRAZY times!!! The crazy times are the classic re-start times: New years, a little bit before summer when everyone panics (LOL!), September. There are surges of starters, and they trickle away...it's just normal. It's a VERY small percentage of people who start this journey, get there, and stay there!

BUT, there's always a core group. I have been on and off the wagon, sooo many times over the years, making it about halfway to my goal, and then gaining it all back plus some, several times in the past 10 years or so (I had a different username at first). But I've always checked in....even if there was a long gap in between...

It is really nice to have pepoe to have that chit chat every day with. And the people ARE here...just have to call 'em out, which you did!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #36  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

After seeing everyone post about the slow times and of course how everything picks back up at New Year's just makes me want to stick to this throughout all of the holidays! I had enough 'breaks' over the years. Naturally I will have a day off every now and then where I'm just lazy and enjoy eating those doritos or a piece of cake, but overall I am not ever giving up on myself again!!

So let's keep this place moving!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:21 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

What is everyone's plans for the weekend? It is cold here in Illinois the low is going to be 29 degrees for tonight..I am thinking of taking kids to a local pumpkin patch one day over weekend not sure when because our middle daughter is going to 6 flags with her youth group Sunday so that is costing us a small fortune..lol my youngest who is 5 wants to spend the night with his older sister sat night when she gets off work..she is 18 and moved into her own place a couple months ago and is attending a local college..so it is going to be busy running those 3 kids around and then there is my husbands cousin who we have custody and is mentally and physically disabled wanting me to take her to a movie..not sure how we are going to pack all this in 2 days lol
kmstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 290/seeticker/199

Height: 5'6''

Default I'm in Illinois, too

and I am freezing already! I have to work all day tomorrow, and Sunday I will most likely do laundry and watch football like usual. Really don't want to turn on the heat, especially since it seems like we just had the air on!
Brandnewday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #39  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Pink, one of the best weightloss years I had was when I did P90X starting in Oct and running through Jan {i got sick in Dec} BUT I didn't over-indulge during the holidays because I was working so hard with my workouts I didn't want to undo my hard work.

Brandnew, I don't like turning the heat and AC on during the same day. I know its okay to do, I just feel weird about it.

Stacy, not much planned here.

Famograham, I confess I don't post much in the main forums, I tend to stick to my check-ins. I"ll have to change that.

In case anyone is interested SmallSteps started a few threads for us October Roll Call and October Moving for those who exercise! Thanks Smallsteps. Great idea.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #40  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I'm pretty much in maintenance too, with pregnancy and such. And quite frankly, I am sick to death of the number of lists, compilations, and challenges on this board. It is overrun with these types of threads and a pain to look through. So I go to boards on here with less endless list threads and more traffic.

There used to be more chatter on here, but now it's just _________ challenge. No thanks!

I check in and encourage people as needed, but most of my time is spent elsewhere now. When support is needed, I'm happy to give it. But I see little benefit in a endless hamster wheel of lists!

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 10-05-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #41  
Becoming A Better Me

well, its going to be 80 here over weekend n its fall festival season so will be going 2maro this year is different tho, my daughter is in the parades so even more reason to go! sunday ill be doing a gf's haircut n highlight n somewhere in all that get house work, yard work n laundry all done for the week! whew! i need a nap lol!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #42  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I'm still here, pretty much maintaining for the last 2 years so nothing significant to say in area of weight loss.

On the personal front, my job of nearly 17 years was eliminated on 8/29. I knew it would be more than 4 years ago, but didn't know exactly when so even with some level of anticipation it's been a major adjustment. Now have been studying for GRE and MAT to take before applying to grad school (I had taken GRE in 1987 but gee, they don't accept scores that old!). So I'm still spending hours/day in front of computer, but not much time on "fun" stuff.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #43  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone.

ArcticMama- Congrats on that baby!!! 4 is a wonderful number. I miss those baby days!! Definitely don't want any more, 4 is enough for me, but I miss the days of tiny toes and tiny fingers and rocking them all hours of the night just wondering who that little person would be.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #44  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

This is the time of year where I ALWAYS mess up and fall off the wagon. That's why I'm staying completely conscious because getting through the winter months will be most important for me...it will be sweet victory.

Artic Mama, I know you hate the word challenge (lol) but I think we should challenge ourselves to stay on plan throughout these tough winter months when it's soooo easy to fall prey to holiday food. I made a promise to myself to not look up one day and there is only two months left until summer and I'm still big as a house. That requires staying on plan through the cold so I'll be here even if I'm the only one posting on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day!

Last edited by angieand2girls; 10-06-2012 at 04:31 PM.
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 290/288/200

Height: 6'2

I hope there is SOME action on these boards! I come to here for support that I lack in other places. Granted it helps that I'm losing weight with co-workers, but my grandmother can be so critical of my weight. Usually the weekly call from her gets me down. I just started up again also. Hopefully there will be a few of us that remain dedicated throughout the holiday season! We will be that much further ahead of those that make the New Year's resolutions!
LosersWin is offline   Reply With Quote