Old 09-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #136  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Quote:
I don't think I made it out of the warmup.
That's the way it is for me too! I can't do half the things those normal gals can do, so I just do what I can. I sometimes get envious of you lower-weight ladies too, becuz I'd luv to be where you are. I think you are all so blessed to be able to go out and walk; and do sports and so forth ... sigh!

OH WELL, I'll get there some day ...

My eating was good today too; I had a pork chop steak with seasoning and a coleslaw salad with cukes & my own cherry tomatoes. Got some walking in today doing errands and pick-ups; but my legs felt like lead weights. It was yucky damp, cold weather today so that was likely the cause.

Even when I have an off day, I just keep going. When I first came here, I had lots of those; but with lots of practice and tweaking my plan to suit us better, that happens less often now. Not perfect by any means though, as I still have to watch very closely.

Have a Fantatistic OP Friday, everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-20-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Hurricane View Post
I am trying to plan my meals on MFP for the day, so I'll ask my husband what he wants for dinner the next night so I can plan the rest of my food for the day around that. That helps me to stay accountable and stay on track, plus I don't mind whenever we make changes either
Hey there, Pink. I just signed up for MFP yesterday. When I was trying to lose weight before, I was using a different website, but it doesn't seem to want to cooperate very well this go round for editing my recipes.

Have you been using it very long? It's odd to me to count back the exercise calories and I was horrified when I first saw 1200 cals/day, but then I figured that was after the exercise calories used.

Also liking the breakdown of goals for carb/fat/[protein. I am always close to spot on for carbs, low for fats and high for proteins, butr I'm eating pretty much the way I did when I lost weight before and before I gained back these 10 pounds. Guess I'll see if it still works.

I like that it has a lot more options for the nutritional values; a lot more foods than the other one I was using, so easier than having to enter a ton of stuff.

The calculator on there says if every day is like today, in 5 weeks, I'll be at 192.8. No idea if that is good or bad. I like to eat so I have to exercise quite a bit.

Thoughts anyone?
Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/135

Height: 5'6

angelskeep i use MFP. i've been using it since january (although i haven't listened to my calorie limits all the time) it has me at 1200 but i try to keep it around 1400. i try not to use the exercise cals but it does happen. usually by a couple hundred. but if i have a 700 cal burn, i don't feel too bad. it's just nice to see those green bars isn't it?

hope everyone is have an awesome OP Friday so far! Friday's can be tough but i'm determined today.

in a good mood today. i got my butt up at 5am for a spin class (after i had a spin class at 7pm last night!) and wow, that class was crazy. my HANDS are sore. it's at a yoga studio so the room is heated to like 85 degrees with 40% humidity. i was definitely the weakest link in that class but i don't care because i managed to make it through the whole hour. and believe me, there were a couple times where i thought about just walking out. but i'm proud of myself that i stuck it out and finished.

going to try to try a different yoga class tomorrow though. i'm going to brunch with the bf tomorrow and they have lemon ricotta pancakes i'm thinking about trying... :x
slicedbreadbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #139  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Back from the beach, waay overate and gained like 6 lbs which I am almost 100% sure is mainly water weight. Gotta get that off. I missed a LOT in the 2 days I was gone so I am not going to do personals. Sorry all :\ Really tired today. I think it is because of the valarian root I took last night and all the junk I ate the last 2 days BLEH. I did only drink water when we were gone so that was an NSV but the amount I ate wasn't Blarg. Hoping I drop it back down pretty quickly. I felt way bloated on tues before we left too and I am not sure why :\. Getting straight back on track today and trying to decide what to have for lunch that is really low calories and sodium Hmm.....anyway will have to figure that out Just checking back in. Docs appts on mondsy YAY! Is it bad I am excited?? lmao
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #140  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post
Hi All-- I have to be honest. I'm doing awful. Having trouble remembering why I care... but I promised that I wouldn't disappear and forget I was trying just because I haven't been sticking with it. So here I am. Hope I'll be getting my mojo back soon.
I remember yo from when I was on here before and yo have done sch an amazing job. I know you will get back on track. Even if you hit a big speed bump instead of just a little one. You care because it is good to care. AND...you can care without beating yourself up for a backslide. Is there something yo did before that you are missing this time around? Or did it all get boring and you need to switch it up some? I am sure you have the answers you need if you just let yourself find them.

Hugs and hang in there.

Penguin-howdy again and I sure hope your hubs finds a job.

Everyone else...yikes...too many of you but hello and happy Friday anyhow!

I have my meal plan all set, right on track on Day 5 now. It has been a while since I could do more than 3 without getting hijacked by Chinese buffet! I am sore from exercise, 60 minutes bicycling to the grocery store and back and 15 min WATP yesterday, 90 minutes walking so far today and 15 min. WATP to go this evening. I made Greek Meatballs in the shape of a meatloaf for dinner...ground boneless/skinless chicken breasat and zucchini based. Delish and low cal. I even get a dark chocolate candy bar for a treat. I'm feeling good about my plan toady. Yaaay me!

Breadbox-I just saw your post. It has me at 1200 net calories, so I guess I am eating back what I exercise. I'm still getting used to the new way of logging stuff on there instead of my other place. I used to just try to stay between 1500-1800 calories intake and exercise like crazy and that worked. I set my goals on MFP and basically have kept the same food plan and exercise and jsut seeing how it works into the way they show it and so far it seems okay. It says I am on plan. Over in exercise, and just under in calories. Always over in protein and under in fat, but it worked before so I will just wait a while this time and see if I need to adjust.

Barb

Last edited by angelskeep; 09-21-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks. I don't know why I don't post when I am struggling. But, I've had some very bad food days. I have had four healthy days - monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday and so far, today.. I am trying to figure out what plan to follow.

All this all week has gone well. I am so grateful. I 've had the willingness to write it down, plan, measure, drink lots of water, weigh everyday, and I've done my meditation for three days.

I think I might be addicted to sugar. Eating just a little bit it is hard for me.... because I always want more. It's tricky. Sugar is in everything. I have cut back on sugar (and all it's cousins) the last four days. I talked to my friend who is a Registered Dietician and has a PHD in psychology. She said that the only way I'll know is to give it up and see how it goes. She also said not to go home and throw everything out with sugar in it. Use up things I have with sugar (some frozen dinners). I don't want to jinx myself, but - not eating much sugar, so far, has kept the craving away. Time will tell. I am still in the 'honeymoon' phase.

My journalling is different this week too. I usually journal all my Beck stuff that I like to think about and keep track of. Also, I have been journalling my feelings.

Have a great weekend.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #142  
Rosebud

BEVERLYJOY ~ glad to see you back here. I also cut my sugar way, way back. I didn't throw everything out either, but I don't worry about a few grams here and there. Now & then I will have a dish with a minute amount of sugar in it but I don't worry about that little amount. A couple of times a year, I will even have a small slice of pie but I always cut the sugar back in that too. I don't think I have a sugar addiction but I did have to lessen it to keep my blood sugar levels in check. So far, so good.

We had a lovely day today. Went out for a nice walk in the sunshine this afternoon and felt much better than yesterday. I walked yesterday, but it was so cold and damp (raining actually) that my legs felt like lead weights. Today was so much better. Eating went really well this week too. We had a lean hamburger for dinner tonight; and I even treated myself to about 7 real potato fries and still stayed well under my calorie allotment for the day. I love my plan ...

Have a wonderful OP weekend everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-21-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #143  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

We all jumped earlier when a huge kaboom of thunder rang out, shook the house and knocked something over in the attic, which is Hubby’s problem now.

Today is my odd-jobs day. odd job 1) kill strange bug in bathroom * check* Ewww! I also did 2 loads of laundry, 50min of weights, gave April her Spa Day, dusted and ‘curated’ the LR shelves, because I was sick of looking at the same stuff, had leftovers for dinner, then Hubby and I went for a mile walk. We are currently waiting for the new season of Haven to begin on SyFy. Hubby made us peach shakes all by himself, lol, I haven't seen the kitchen yet, but I'm sure its a mess.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #144  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Angel- Im at 1250....but that is the limit I set for myself because of my PCOS, anything above the 1200 range and I stall/gain(whether I exercise or not...). In actuality though I usually end up between 700-900 lately because my doc and I are trying something kind of like IF for my insulin resistance (all doctor monitored, all completely healthy, no I don't recommend it for anyone).

Beverly - Beck stuff?

2bhealthy- What plan are you on? or are you just counting cals?

Penguin- Mmmmm peach shakes...YUM. And no, you probably don't want to see the kitchen LOL.

Was totally on plan today, going well with the IF type thing so far. Successfully got back on plan today. See my dietician and PCP on monday before my drive test YIKES! Gained like 6 lbs in two days (almost all water weight prob) 3 lbs of it gone already. Feelin pretty good just major tired from the valarian root I took last night and the fact that most the food I ate wed and thurs was fat mainly (cheese and mac n cheese and "comfort foods" I think I have a slight lactose intolerance which doesn't help, nor do the 3 candybars I gorged on when i went on an emotional roller coaster long story)...I did only drink water though!
by monday I should know if I gained or what from my lack of diet on wed/thurs. No more planned "Cheat/vacation" days planned till december when we have our vacation in cali and by then I hope to be 100% in the swing of the diet thing again so that I am not tempted to eat majorly unhealthily.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Justwant2bhealthy - my friend said that if the sugar is the fifth ingredient or beyond it should be OK. I am borderline diabetic. I guess I should try and cut it out... along with refined flour, etc. Sugar in so many different names is just about in everything. So glad you had a nice walk.

smsdreamer - The Beck Diet Solution is a psychological program. It provides a step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss. The program is based on Dr. Beck's clinical research in Cognitive Therapy (CT). Things to learn such as: put fork down between bites, eat seated only, slow mindful eating, eating isn't an emergency and many more. Dr. Beck's first two books don't have a specific food plan. You pick your own and a backup.

The third book,Complete Beck Diet, for Life expands the earlier work and includes a food plan with suggested menus.

It's helpful because I have terrible habits around food. There's a Beck Solution forum here at 3FC.

I made it through last night. I've been going to bed earlier so that I don't have more time to face food. I won't eat when I first get up because I have to take my thyroid medicine and I MUST wait one hour before I eat after taking it.

Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 09-22-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #146  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

We had a slight hope that Hubby would have a job past Dec, but we got the news yesterday that it won't happen. The company has just decided to shut down here in Memphis; there's no talk of asking people to transfer, thanks for your 20 years of service. Just Goodbye. Which is why its so weird to send Hubby for training. Now?

Today is cardio day and I get to clean house. My shoulders and triceps are sore from yesterdays workout, too.

Funny story. April is not allowed on the furniture, but we know she sneaks up on the love seat while we are gone. So when my parents came to pick me up for Bible study on Thurs, Hubby was curled up on the couch when we left. As I was locking the door I hear Hubby yell "NO! Bad dog!". April had forgotten that Hubby was home and tried to climb up on the love seat as I was leaving. LOL. We decided we need to try that again sometime. Silly Dog!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #147  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Beverly, Interesting. One of my majors is psychology, I might want to look in to that.

Penguin LOL too funny.

Just a quick check in, I gotta to practice driving here in a few mins, my drivers test is in 2 days YIKES! so far so good for OP day, just my morning smoothie in. I am back down to the EXACT weight I was at on tues before our trip, but considering I felt bloated and like I was holding water then that doesn't say much LOL. *Crosses her fingers* Here's to a speedy loss back down to my lowest weight
Old 09-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #148  

SMS-when you say 1250 calories do you mean total calories eaten-as in not the calories consumed minus the calories exercised? I think I am still a bit confused by MFP. It wants me to have 1200 net calories, which I think is 1200 plus however many I exercise away. I've been exercising approx 500 cals/day, so it gives me a limit of approx 1700 cals. That is still a deficit and at least a pound a week in theory. It comes out to what I was figuring I could eat before I joined MFP with the exercise added in, so I'm hoping it will work like it did before w/o MFP. I only joined MFP on Wed. so I will have that as my wiegh in day from now on. It says I should be around 192.5-192.8 after 5 weeks. My goal I set was to lose a pound and a half a week. I picked just 45 min a day of exercise, but I am almost always over that. LOL! And I've grown fond of Barefoot Cellars Pinot Grigio ice cold in a frosted glass...so I have to exercise a little extra for that on the days I indulge. Soon it will be cold outside and the wine won't be so attractive, I think. Hot tea instead.

Methinks it's time for a 15 min WATP. Will have an hour walk when hubs gets home from work this afternoon, then another 15 min WATP after dinner.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful on plan weekend so far!

Barb
Old 09-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #149  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

Barb. Yes I mean 1250 total, I don't have mine set to count exercise because I don't "exercise" I am just getting back in to the swing of losing weight and the best way for me to do that is focus on food at first. Even when I do exercise if I count back my cals I burned I don't lose PERIOD. even if I exercise 100 cals off and eat those 100 cals back in theory id still have netted 1250 but my body doesn't work like that I don't lose that way, I maintain and sometimes depending on what it is I ate 100 cals of I gain. Go me ROFL. But yes your net is 1200 but your total is 1700 you have it right. It says oh you at 1200 cals but you exercised 500 cals so time to eat back those 500 cals which puts you at a TOTAL of 1700 cals consumed.

Last edited by SMSDREAMER2007; 09-22-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:15 PM   #150  
Rosebud

DREAMER ~ yes, it is a portion & calorie plan. NO SECONDS. Smaller plates. Lean meats, lots of veggies & salads, fruit, plus whole grain complex carbs in "measured portions" (small new potatoes, yams, brown rice, barley, pasta, baked beans; whole grain bread, english muffins, and smaller bagels).

I took all our favorite meals and made them healthier by cutting down fat & sugar & calories, but we still get to eat what we love. We have take-out on occasion, but that may be baked chicken wings or bbq spit chicken or one slice of pizza once a month only. It all has to fit under my daily calorie allotment though.

I find this plan very flexible and DH loves it too; we both get to eat what we like, and it's sustainable long-term ...

EDIT2ADD: tonight we had one of DH's favorites: fish & chips; I had a few of the baked chips but had a big coleslaw salad with mine. DH has his fish and piles of chips with gravy. That way, we are both happy (and I stay on plan too).

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-22-2012 at 07:23 PM.