Old 09-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #91  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Everlasting,

Good for you to get on scale. I can't bring myself to do it. I think it would make me feel awful.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/135

Height: 5'6

patchwork thanks for the link!

to the new ladies! and for those of you struggling, hang in there! i'm in the same boat and i had to come vent about it this morning. i know i shouldn't let it bother me but sometimes a bad weigh in can just ruin your day.

i went out for my birthday on wednesday night and yes, i did splurge. i just had to punish myself and weigh in thursday morning. up 1.8lb. honestly, i wasn't surprised or even upset because that's a lot better than i thought it would be.

yesterday my cals were at 1225ish and i did pilates... but this morning i'm up another 0.2. wth? the 0.2 doesn't bother me b/c that's really nothing but i was hoping that i would have flushed out those 2lbs. i'm very frustrated.

i'm just hoping that by staying on plan this weekend i can flush it out for monday. i have to go to a housewarming party this weekend though so i'm going to try to budget for 1 or 2 drinks.
slicedbreadbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Everlasting and Thighs be Gone.

Thighs, I remember you from the first time around. I'm SO SORRY about all of your recent stress. I'm so sorry for the loss of your parents. I also had a very stressful year last year-- totally derailed me and sent me zooming back up the scale. Didn't get on the scale for quite a while, but oddly (or sadly) enough, I knew exactly how much I weighed, almost to the pound when I finally stepped back on. Kudos to you for doing nice things for yourself. That is an excellent first step.

Everlasting it IS hard to jump back on the weight loss train after a pregnancy weight gain, but so worth it.

Thistoo I'm so sorry that your weight is creeping up in spite of all that you do. Hopefully as your body adjusts to the antidepressant you will see less effect. Of course, there is no hope of losing weight if you are seriously depressed, so this is a small price to pay.

Me, had a nice day today, even though I'm frustrated that I have not yet seen the whoosh I thought I'd get from getting firmly back on plan. So far, I'm at a net loss of zero this week. But the good news is that today I wore a shirt that a a little too tight back in July/August (when I was in the "no way am I stepping on a scale" mode. I feel a little thinner. Also, I FINALLY got my hair done, and I bought myself a new pair of earrings, and it was NICE feeling like I looked nice today.... when I'm in "who cares, I'll just binge" mode, I also tend to neglect my appearance in general. Today made me remember how nice it was to feel and look good. Onward.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #94  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Back, THIGHSBEGONE ~ I'm sorry to hear about your great loss! You've had a stressful year for sure! Glad that you have decided to come back here though; you'll get things sorted out soon enuff.

Everlasting ~ you're off to a great start ...

TODAY'S MENU -- Friday (/ means done)

BF -- .5 bagel/chz + egg + coffees = 245 /
MS -- small banana + coffee = 85 /
LN -- leftovers: tomato-patties with corn/veggies = 350 /
AS -- 6 baby carrots/PB + drink = 200 /
DN -- home-baked pizza = 700 /
ES -- coffee = 10 /
TLL -- 1590 /

I saved up some calories over the day so I could have that pizza for dinner. We had a cold, wet day here so we stayed indoors and did light housechores which is good exercise at least. I got lots of walking in this week.

Hang tuff ladies; and have a wonderful OP weekend ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #95  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I did try to take a nap but couldn’t fall asleep, so I decided to clean the baseboards in the house thinking that would involve a lot of sitting, but that lead to my dusting, then taking down the curtains in the dining room to shake out, then washing them, then washing the blinds and the window. How does one simple job escalate? At least the DR is really clean. I also gave April a Spa Day which included brushing her teeth. I feel pretty good now so maybe it was just the grogginess from the cold meds. I hope anyway. Its supposed to rain all weekend so we are planning to just stay home and relax.

I made chicken soup from leftover chicken, which included a lot of onion peppers and garlic.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:41 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

The last two days I was not watching it. Last night I ate an extra dinner serving AND made popcorn. Its been almost 4 weeks I've been trying to lose the weight I've gained but it seems like half the days I do okay and half the days are like yesterday.
And I've weighed myself and haven't lost an ounce. I thought at least since I'm watching my eating a bit I would lose two or three something! And I've been exercising. Tuesday is the 4 week mark so my official weigh in day. If I didn't at least lose 2 pounds I will be disappointed to say the least. My plan is not to eat Monday night after 6pm. Keep the water salt weight down.
jinee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

PenguinGosh! You are my new idol. I can assure you that the LAST thing it would occur to me to do when I wasn't feeling well was the clean the baseboards! Hope you feel better soon.
Jinee Good for you for sticking with it for a month! I get where you are coming from. I was planning to come on here and whine because I've been on plan for a week and lost nothing, when I thought I'd see a big whoosh starting out. But I know if we keep working it, it will work eventually. Maybe both of us are retaining a lot of water right now. Hang in there!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #98  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Thighs Be Gone, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a horribly stressful time you've had. I'm glad you've found us; this is a great place for support when you're trying to find your feet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicedbreadbox View Post
i was hoping that i would have flushed out those 2lbs. i'm very frustrated.
My body holds onto water weight forever too. I feel your frustration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post
there is no hope of losing weight if you are seriously depressed, so this is a small price to pay.
Truer words, my friend. It's a Catch 22 situation for sure. I'm the same way about letting my appearance/attention to fashion go when I'm not feeling good about myself, so I'm glad to hear you're back in a place where you can see that you look good. I've been making a conscious effort to focus on my appearance lately because I know it makes me feel better, which helps with stopping stress-related binge behaviors.

I'm at 199.2 this morning. Nowhere near where I should be, but I'm not going to give up. I'm just really frustrated that I still don't fit into any of my jackets. Fall will be here soon and once again, I have nothing to wear.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #99  

I do feel better this morning. I found the secret to Hubby's not staying home yesterday; last week his boss got sick and was out for a few days so Hubby being the kind and compassionate soul he is gave his boss a hard time for staying home {boss is Army Hubby is Navy, if that gives you any ideas} so when a week later Hubby didn't feel well he DARE NOT stay home and give Boss a reason to give him a hard time. {and just like that grown men are 12 years old again.}

My shoulder is still a bit sore but nothing major, today is the day I traditionally clean house {vac, mop floors} but at least I know the DR is clean! I would like to do a workout but I'm not sure what to do yet.

Uber, let me confess that we moved into the house in 03, and this is the first time I've cleaned them since, and I only got the ones in the dining room. Its been bugging me recently, but now I know how much fur/dust is on them. ewww. I'd like to re-paint the LR, DR, and hallway soon and tape won't stick to dust.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #100  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

ÜBER AND JUST WANT TO BE--Thank YOU and to everyone else for the welcome back. As silly as it may seem, your support means so much. I have been back on plan for about ten days and started journaling calories again three days ago. I am also running again. Currently. I am able to do about 2.5 miles without stopping. I have also just tried to become more active here in my home. I also started a dog sitting business that has kept me relatively busy. I had a garage sale this morning and made $90! Lol--but at least I burned a few calories getting my stuff out there.

I will be here. And often.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #101  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THIGHS ~ we all appreciate all the support we receive here. You did well at your yard sale; and I know the work involved as I held 2 in the past -- enuff for me to say, forget it the next time we moved. I just donated stuff to goodwill as I was already exhausted from the packing & moving.

PENGUIN ~ I find doing housework a great way to burn calories when I'm stuck indoors for a couple of days becuz of rain. After I did my bathroom, I started on the walls and cupboards, etc.

TODAY'S MENU -- Saturday
BF -- medium wg bagel + PB + coffee = 390 /
MS -- small banana + coffee = 85 /
LN -- chkn-veg soup + sandwich = 475 /
AS -- drink + chz = 190 /
DN -- baked skinless chicken wings + bbq sce = 450 /
ES -- drink /
TTL -- 1600 /

Well, we had nicer weather today with some so we spent some time outdoors today. Eating is going well. Have a super OP Sunday everyone!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-15-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #102  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Hello, all, Calluna checking in here. It looks like Mme. Flu is going to release my lungs back into my care - I feel significantly improved today. Thank goodness!

Back to work tomorrow for me, and maybe I'll get on the bike today and spin a little to see what happens. Did a decent job not eating too much junky comfort - although it doesn't feel all that comforting to eat junk food so much, so perhaps that is why.

cheers, everyone.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:15 PM   #103  

I bought a 20 and a 35# kettlebell over the weekend, I found the 20 on clearance at Target and the 35 at Walmart.

We are trying to stay home this weekend to finish jobs around the house that we have put off.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #104  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Good morning group! I am STILL hoovering at 225-223 I am so sick of this each and every time I get to this weight I stall my diet has been in check but that is never enough for me. I work and go to school so the time left to workout isnt much. I have been able to workout for about 3hrs each week and honestly that isnt enough because I usually get about 5-6 hours a week in. I must get out of the 220s. I need to see 219 this month. I am going to have to find a way to turn it up. I said I would walk early in the morning I havent started yet but I also purchased a walk away the lbs DVD in effort to help me with my morning workouts. I hope all is well. we can do this
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #105  

Nothing much planned for today, just hanging around to work on the house.

The company Hubby works for announced that they are closing the branch here in Memphis in Dec. We don't want to move somewhere else working for this company, we can't pay two mortgages and we would lose our house, even if we wanted to move, we can't rent the house out because we have a VA loan. We can't complain about this rule because the VA loan has been a great help to us over the years.

Matilda, I'm a fan of Leslie's workouts. They are fun and get me moving on days I don't want to workout.