Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 06:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default Long time dream

I want to be able to wear a pair of Rockies jeans, with the shirt tucked in, a shirt that shows off some cleavage , ropers and a cowboy hat. I want to wear this outfit into the nearest honky tonk and have the guys whistle at ME when I walk in (and hope my husband is a little jealous for it).

M'Chelle
Old 03-07-2001, 10:09 PM   #17  

My dreams

Be able to shop in a regular size store
Wear a halter top
Be able to wear a bikini (may never do it, but want to be able to)
Want DH to be able to pick me up
Not have to worry about fitting in roller coaster seats
Feel healthy and normal

Nicole
251/214/150
Old 03-08-2001, 10:31 PM   #18  
Round Two...Here we go!!!

I thought of a new dream. I really want to take a tap dance class. I took tap dancing when I was like five years old and I always wanted to do it again. Maybe that will be my reward for when I reach 200. As long as they don't make me wear a thong leotard. LOL
Old 03-16-2001, 08:34 AM   #19  

Default Wonderful Idea!

I can't believe this. I read all your posts and i am about to cry. I want to do a lot of the same things all of you do!

Sit comfortably in any public seat

Weigh less than my husband. When He says I look good I want to believe it (I think he really does mean it)

Have more fun at the beach and not be wearing a skirt over my suit. I always look around to see if I am the fattest! I don't wnat to do that anymore! We live near the beach and I want to enjoy it!!

Buying clothes in Victorias Secret is one of my biggest goals. I think of it everytime I walk past a store. It was so nice to see others want to shop there as well. Is till hve my wedding nightie from there in my closet. I want it to fit!

Also, wearing a pair of pants somewhat tight and looking good in them. I want to wear clothes that are stylish instead of ones that just fit. Plus size clothes aren't as nice looking.

good luck with the goals everyone!!!
Old 03-16-2001, 12:29 PM   #20  
Devilish Debutante

I want thighs that don't rub together ...... and I would like to shop at Victoria's too
Old 03-17-2001, 05:11 PM   #21  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I have some clothes from when I was in high school that I want to wear again. A couple of blouses and these fantastic jeans. Also I'd love to be able to wear a bikini!! I can't remember when I last wore a 2 piece bathing suit. I'd like to get through a summer without an episode of heat rash because of fat thighs rubbing together.
Old 03-19-2001, 08:31 AM   #22  

Default Forgot to add a dream

I wanted to add one more dream to my list.

I want to have a family protrait done.

I haven't had one yet and my 1st child will be 4 years old in cotober. I always felt so fat that I didn't want one done. My husband has pictures of our boys on his desk at work but none of me. He begged me to give him one but I just couldn't bear the thoguht of all those people looking at it. I gave him our wedding photo but that was it. We have been married for 4 years and no nice photos of us. I should reach my goal before our next anniversary so I will schedule one then. I can't wait to have a photo of all my guys with me.
Karen
Old 03-28-2001, 05:24 AM   #23  
Work in Progress

I hope you all don't think I am conceited but I didn't want to lose "my dreams" so I am bringing this one up
Pat
Old 03-28-2001, 04:30 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default Another dream to add...

Pat - you aren't being conceited. This is a terrific thread.

I want to, for once in my life, feel "normal" if there is such a thing. All of my life I have been the chunky, chubby, fat girl. I would love for the first time in my life to be seen in a positive light.

M'Chelle
286/278/150
269 by Easter
Old 03-31-2001, 10:51 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default More of my dreams...

I hadn't posted to this just yet, because I have almost everyone of the same goals as you all victoria's secret, "Normal" clothes sections, etc.
But, I thought of another one to add to the list.
I would love to be able to go into a public restroom and not have to worry if I am going to have to "contort" my body to get out of the stall all the while hoping no one else is in the restroom to watch the fiasco.

Another addition to my dreams is a homemade quilt. I saw this in an old quilting book. I'm going to take all my really "Fat" clothes and make a quilt out of them and put it on display. That way each time I see my quilt, it will remind me of where I came from and that I never want to go back there again.

Those are just a couple

Dawnyal
Old 03-31-2001, 11:55 AM   #26  

Default One more

I thought of another one after I got out of the shower
I would love to be able to use a "normal" size bath towel and have it fit around me all the way without bulging open over certain areas.

Dawnyal
Old 04-02-2001, 09:48 AM   #27  

Babygirl, I just got my larger size bath towels to fit around me. They are pretty big and never touched when I wrapped them around. You really hit a nerve on that drem with me!! I have some more normal size towels and they are next.

I keep thinking of new dreams everyday. Friday I was shopping at the Mall and I can almost fit into the normal size section. I got a snotty look from a slaes girl when I was checking out the size 16's in the missy dept. I am mostly in 18's now but I was buying an inspiration outfit.

So, I guess I have a dream that I don't feel like people are saring at me when I am shopping!
Karen
Old 04-02-2001, 12:47 PM   #28  

Default I dream of

I dream of

1... fitting comfortable in seats on airplanes w/o worrying if belt will fit

2... being able to ride the rides at the theme parks in Orlando with my nieces -- some have those new harness type seats where a harness comes over your shoulders and fits into a seat belt thing at your waist

3. bicycling

4. not being embarassed when someone asks my size at Christmas time for a present

5. not having to worry about frail looking chairs or wicker furniture in friends' homes

6. feeling comfortable eating out alone - -ie. w/o feeling that spying eyes are noting what I eat
Old 04-02-2001, 03:33 PM   #29  
Teacher Lady

Default Barbygirl.....

I love the quilt idea and plan to start one myself.
It is a really awesome plan.
I'm goig to start cutting squares tonight.
Old 04-02-2001, 07:12 PM   #30  

spinsky--> I'll find the book that has it in it tonight and I'll scan a copy and show you the idea. I've already been picking out clothes that I want featured and as soon as they get too big for me to wear I'm going to start putting it together
I've only made one other quilt and I patterned that after that quilt on step mom. I didn't know how to make a quilt, so i just cut 3 inch squares out of a bunch of material and sewed them together. Then I just cut out all different sized squares and pieced them in. My mother loved it. I gave it to her for my parents 30th wedding anniversary.

Dawnyal
Closed Thread