Old 03-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I think you look wonderful!! I'm not sure I would wear it myself to work, but on a casual weekend day, I would love to wear that if I looked as good as you do in that dress.

Can I ask where you purchased it? It's beautiful!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #32  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Ok, so let's talk about hemlines as I'm dealing with that right now in my own little head.

Why is there this 'cut off' age with hemlines? To me, if you got legs - SHOW THEM OFF. Yet, when I'm in the store and I try on a dress that's hemline is a little short, I think, "it's too young for me." Maybe it's not the hemline though, but the cut of the whole dress.

My husband says I have rockin' legs. Now, me, I still don't see it. I see all the imperfections. BUT... I refuse to wear long pants in summer and I'm sure I'll feel that way until the day I die. Wearing long pants or long, clingy anything when it's over 90 degrees with sky humidity looks way more stupid to me than shorts! Or a short skirt.

Plus, I think (maybe?) I no longer have problems with chub rub. If that is the case. Man, I'll be wearing skirts/dresses all summer long for that cool, open breezy feel. However, like itsmyturn said, I'm aware of other people's reactions and I don't want to feel 'icky'.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #33  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

haha it's funny you bring up hemlines and age appropriate....I'm closer to 40 than 30

But I'm young at heart and the only time I dress my age is when I'm on a business trip to my home office

I dress to the weather........and yes the chub rub is going, it's hardly there when I walk now so it felt GREAT in my dress.....

I honestly believe wear it if you feel great in it.......I think my problem is what other's think and trying not to care......

Plus why do people care? I don't get that???? People are so quick to judge. I walk into the bank the other day in my hat, studded black belt etc to deposit my rent cheque (I rent my house up north out) and the teller was like....what do you do??? Yeah I looklike some punk sometimes......lol anyways, that's besides the point.

Length, style etc.....who makes up the rules anyways? Cause I wanna speak with that person! Oh and berryblondes, if you have rockin legs, show them off Your hubby would love it I bet!

Last edited by InsideMe; 03-14-2012 at 10:40 AM.
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #34  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
I think you look wonderful!! I'm not sure I would wear it myself to work, but on a casual weekend day, I would love to wear that if I looked as good as you do in that dress.

Can I ask where you purchased it? It's beautiful!
Thanks hun! I honestly don't remember where I bought it, it was a little boutique downtown TO last year.
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #35  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

I think you look great. You might want to watch bending over but that's always a consideration for shorter length dresses. If your boss is ok with it, it's fine for work.

You can't pay attention to people. The ladies were probably jealous b/c you were getting looks from men. All of that would make me a bit uncomfortable too but just b/c they are making judgements when they should be minding their own business.

I personally find it funny when people make comments like "that's too sexy, she's not a teeny-bopper anymore". Remember they days when it was inappropriate to wear sexy things if you weren't a grown-up? People are all mixed up nowadays...and yes, I just said "nowadays"

Whatevs babe, rock what you want. You look great. If they are gonna look, let them look. It doesn't matter if their judgements are good or bad b/c as the saying goes...a hater's gonna hate....

Last edited by 4star; 03-14-2012 at 11:14 AM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #36  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
Also kind of judgmental. Just saying.
your right ... i think women naturally just are judgemental though .... not all but alot .... i know i am sometimes im not perfect
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:44 AM   #37  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I don't think it's too short! It looks really cute, and your legs look great. I definitely would never give a second glance at someone wearing that in a store.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #38  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I really love that dress on you! I don't think it's too short either and have certainly seen much shorter than that.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #39  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up You go girl!!

I think the dress is awesome!! I think that the "lady" behind the counter was jealous that she couldn't wear that dress on a warm day and the men were looking because you looked marvelous!

I know the calendar says that it is still winter (spring doesn't arrive until March 20th), but if the weather is warm enough dress for it.

It's all in the attitude....If ya got it, flaunt it!!

Peggy
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #40  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Chub rub = body glide anti chafe stick. Or any other brand chafe stick.

As for hemlines -- I think you can wear whatever you want age wise. So long as I clear the "toe test" I'm good. I just don't like fussing with dressing riding up when I sit, getting in an out of cars, etc. If they don't pass the toe test, it's just easier to put some leggings or something under there and then not worry about it any more while still enjoying the dress.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 03-15-2012 at 02:31 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #41  
Workin' It

I think you look great. Rock that dress, honey.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #42  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post
So long as I clear the "toe test" I'm good. I just don't like fussing with dressing riding up when I sit, getting in an out of cars, etc. If they don't pass the toe test, it's just easier to put some leggings or something under there and then not worry about it any more while still enjoying the dress.

A.
What is the "toe test"?
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #43  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

PS I forgot to say that I liked your "before" pic too! Even tho you were heavier, you still have on shorter shorts and short sleeved t, not draped head to toe trying to obscure your entire body like so many of us do/did. Confidence at every size!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #44  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

A family thing -- parents used to make us bend over and touch our toes and if any undies were showing or too much upper thigh then the dress was too short and you had to go put something under it before going out in it.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #45  
Vegetarian college girl

S/C/G: 185/157/140

Height: 5'9"

I think you just look really sexy and curvy and nice maybe it wasn't appropriate for a work day, I have no idea, but at a BBQ or a picnic or outdoor brunch... this is awesome!

Proud of you on your weight loss
wtfudge is offline   Reply With Quote