Old 02-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #16  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by linJber View Post
This is a generality, but I think the truth of the mater is that we feel guilty when we see someone doing something successfully that we know we should be doing ourselves,

I just hope that our collective success stories encourage others, even if they can't tell us right now.
Lin
Interesting perspective. I think for me, I see hope when I see someone succeed who is my weight. Whenever I get bummed, I always go to the Progress Pics so I can see that YES, someone did it! So can I!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I actually lost a good friend (or so I thought) over this. We were both morbidly obese, got together a lot, very close. I did NOT make a big deal about my weight loss, I did not ever bring it up. SHE started to see it and comment, things like "wow you look great, how are you doing it?" turned into "you are making me look bad!" as I got closer to 50 pounds gone and she was still struggling. The last thing she said to me in person was "Don't lose anymore weight before I see you again!!!" I was maybe 220 pounds. I have not seen her since. She has not returned my calls or responded to requests to get together. It makes me VERY sad.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote