3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/251082-regainers-relosing-get-off-again.html)

justaloozer 03-03-2012 09:16 AM

Pineapple burger sounds delicious!

Welcome Heather!

I am down 10.6lbs since 2/22! I am very excited to see the scale moving in the right direction! Hopefully I will lose everything I regained by June. I think I can do it before then, but I want to give myself time!

thistoo 03-03-2012 11:18 AM

Welcome Heather!

The pineapple burger was just a hamburger with grilled pineapple slices and caramelized onions. Pineapple on burgers is my favorite, but I don't eat it that often because pineapples are so high on the glycemic index.

My weight is back down to 203.2 this morning, though, so I guess the pineapple didn't do any harm. I'm not feeling awesome this morning, which is my own fault, so I won't complain. Last night we got one last brief but intense storm and my bedroom window shattered. So I will have to deal with that on Monday, but at least my maple tree didn't fall on my house. I'm always grateful when the trees stay standing around here!

SilkyDove 03-03-2012 11:42 AM

Thank you

Thank you everyone, for such a warm welcome! For some reason it is so much harder this time around. Between work and school then home, I don't have time or engery to excersise.

konfyoozed 03-03-2012 01:54 PM

silkydove - do you have time to walk between classes or during breaks at work? sometimes that helps. :)

patchworkpenguin 03-03-2012 02:08 PM

Caroline, I was thinking the burger patty was a big slice of pineapple, which actually sounds pretty good to me. Sorry to hear about the window, glad it wasn't worse.

Heather, a good attitude will probably help. Beverly, one of our members recently pointed out that a lot of us {me, included} are very angry at ourselves for the regain, and that we need to forgive ourselves and be kinder to ourselves.

I can report that Mr Scale says the same, my measurements are all the same but I'm able to wear clothes that were too small the last time I tried them on. :?:

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-03-2012 03:21 PM

:welcome: HEATHER ~ good for you catching that regain so quickly; glad you came back and joined us here.

PATCH ~ a loss is a loss is a loss. Amanda once said that even if the scale doesn't go down, as long as inches and sizes go down -- you are not in a plateau as long as you are losing something. I had been lamenting about being in a long plateau at the time, and she wisely corrected me about that.

CAROLINE ~ glad you are OK down there; good the tree stayed up, but that window will cost a bit (although your insurance may pay for that). I've never tried pineapple on a hamburger before; might be like having a sweet relish on it, I suppose.

SILKYDOVE ~ I agree with MANDY, you probably do a lot of walking each day anyways; but I used to walk during my lunch breaks too.

JUSTLOOZER ~ :congrat: on losing those 10+ lbs forever; that was pretty good, if you ask me ... :D

NEWCREATION ~ I love it when my clothes get looser -- that's just another NSV for me; but I am having to take my new pants up again for the second time. :)

We had deli BBQ Spit chicken with salad for dinner for the last 2 nights. Will likely have fish & chips & salad (for me) for tonight. We have a wee ***** storm going on here right now with lots of blowing; just the kind of day to stay indoors and veg out. :brr:

patchworkpenguin 03-03-2012 03:34 PM

I did 51min of cardio = 4 miles with Leslie.

heathermichigan 03-03-2012 05:43 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! :)
I have been fortunate that I quickly fell back into weight loss mode, mentally and behavior-wise. I want this bad.
And the pathetic thing is....a huge part of me getting on the scale and starting again was that people stopped telling me how great I looked! :o Vain much?:dizzy:

Jessica88 03-04-2012 02:02 AM

Hi everyone! I would love to join this discussion. I am so ready to get my weight off again! I was down to 155 lbs last summer and then a lot of things changed (break up and new job) and now I am too scared to get on the scale but I am probably somewhere around 175-180 lbs right now. I know it isn't a horrible regain but it has really effected me a lot and I just can't seem to get back on track, I have been trying since January and I have had good weeks and bad weeks (mostly bad) but I have not been able to stay consistent. Now that I am ALMOST over the break up, and just resigned from my job I feel like I will have more time for myself and to get everything on track because I have not been happy with how I have been treating my body lately. Hopefully being active on here will help me stay on track

thistoo 03-04-2012 08:26 AM

Patch, your version of the pineapple burger sounds pretty good too! Though I would eat pineapple on anything, pretty much. Dairy Queen makes a pineapple shake that is possibly the best thing in the world. But just thinking about it makes me gain weight, so I won't.

I am dogsitting this weekend so I'm not near my scale this morning, but it's probably just as well. I went off the rails a little last night and ate some popcorn, which isn't terrible (other than the part where I am supposed to be avoiding grains) except that it was SO SALTY. Wow, was it ever salty. So I'm sure my weight is up this morning. I'll drink a lot of water today and hopefully it'll go down again tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by heathermichigan (Post 4239545)
And the pathetic thing is....a huge part of me getting on the scale and starting again was that people stopped telling me how great I looked! :o Vain much?:dizzy:

Heather, I'm right there with you. When I got down to the 180s range the first time around and started fitting in well-cut designer clothes (we have REALLY good thrift/consignment stores here) people would compliment me on my style all the time, and when that stopped happening it was my first clue that I'd really let myself go again. I liked feeling put together for *me*, so I am really motivated to get back there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica88 (Post 4239891)
I know it isn't a horrible regain but it has really effected me a lot and I just can't seem to get back on track

Hi Jessica; welcome. Personally I think any gain that takes away from your confidence is a big deal, so if it's making you feel bad, then it's a problem. I'm glad you're finding yourself in a place when you're ready to take control again. We all know exactly how you feel, so you're in the right place!

I am still not feeling awesome this morning, so I'm going to do my best to stick with my eating plan today. I hope everyone has a nice, relaxing Sunday. :)

dgramie 03-04-2012 09:25 AM

I agree with whoever said we need to stop beating ourselves up for a regain. Its just so hard to keep the motivation this time around.

ANewCreation 03-04-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilkyDove (Post 4238260)
I lost over 100 lbs a few years ago and began to regain it back when I had to take off work to take care of my husband who had been disabled in an auto accident then began going through my 3rd and later my 4th round with breast cancer. I am finding it VERY hard to get started again. I think because I remember how darn hard it was the first time. I work full time, go to school full time, and just can't seemt ot find the time or energy to get that start and keep it going. any suggestions?:?:

Girl, you have been through a lot and my heart goes out to you and your hubby. I often think of something my swim instructor said and I hope it give you some hope--be kind to your self. She would tell us that when we were struggling to finish a lap, meaning it was okay to slow down, take time to get an extra breath in, then resume swimming. It didn't mean to full on stop, just take an extra breath. Anyway....

May I suggest being kind to yourself? Take a moment to catch your breath? I think being here is that moment for you.

What are some of the automatic behaviors you can recall working for you? Start there. You'll fall back into those 'old' good habits in no time.

As far as exercise goes, what did you love to do? Can you carve out some time for that? If you can't, then incorporating intentional movement through out the day really adds up. Parking further away from the store or work, taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Walking to someone one's office instead of sending an email. Making two trips up and down the stairs at home instead of one (when carrying laundry for example). Even little things like skipping the automatic door at the grocery store and pushing a door open. If you don't have a lot to buy at the store skip the cart or just use the small basket you can carry.

Slip back into this any way you want and then build on it. It will do you good and be far less overwhelming, I promise.

We're all in this together!

ANewCreation 03-04-2012 10:50 AM

dgramie, I understand. I sometimes catch myself grumbling that I've worked so hard and given up so much for one lousy pound or two. And then it gets even more depressing to think this is the way I get to live my life forever....but then I mentally smack myself ;) and remember how much better I felt at an obese weight of 183 and then I start to feel better. Sending hugs your way :)

I'm changing my weigh in day to Sunday because week day mornings are hectic. So today, I am down one pound! Woohoo!

Off to change my ticker ;)

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-04-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

... then incorporating intentional movement through out the day really adds up. Parking further away from the store or work, taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Walking to someone one's office instead of sending an email. Making two trips up and down the stairs at home instead of one (when carrying laundry for example). Even little things like skipping the automatic door at the grocery store and pushing a door open. If you don't have a lot to buy at the store skip the cart or just use the small basket you can carry.

NEW CREATION ~ great tips there -- I would add walking the perimeter of the store before going to the cash (I do that all the time); when talking on the phone, walk around instead of sitting; take walk breaks during commercials or every 30-60 minutes when on the PC (just get up and walk around for a few minutes); walk to a corner store for pick-ups; walk your dog or cat; spread housechores out over the week (evenings) & Saturday for exercise. I even hang my laundry for freshness and exercise and to save $$$. It all adds up over time; burning more energy ... :D

:welcome: JESSICA ~ you have had a lot of stressors going on in your life too (all those changes). Good for you for "grabbing the bull by the horn", so2speak ... :hug:

We have lovely :sunny: here today; temps are colder, but they will warm up again next week. Well, we had leftover pasta (I had in the freezer) with salad (for me) last night; tonight we will have the fish and salad (DH will have his baked tators instead).

SilkyDove 03-04-2012 02:56 PM

Thank you

Thank you so much! My husband tells me the same thing, to be nice to myself. After reading your response, I began to think about things I used to do without thought. I really love your suggestion of getting up during commercials and putting the laptop down and moving. I really do NOT want to use diet pills (can't really afford them and they only work while you take them) I want long term changes not short term. We have a small tract of land that we just bought behind us and I am thinking I might go out back on weekends and begin working on a small garden. I have to clear a patch first, which will be a good start.

You are all amazing and I am very thankful to have found you.:goodvibes