3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/251082-regainers-relosing-get-off-again.html)

konfyoozed 03-07-2012 12:27 PM

i am scared that the onset of allergy symptoms has aggravated my upper respiratory system. not only am i congested in the head, i'm coughing up, what feels like, chunks of lung! didn't go to the gym last night, hoping it's settled enough for us to go tonight. :(

on a more positive note, it's weigh in day and i've got a good feeling i'll be seeing a lower number on the scale today. *fingers crossed*

hope everyone has a great day!

patchworkpenguin 03-07-2012 01:06 PM

Cardio and lower body for later. Its supposed to get to 71* today but it doesn't look likely. overcast windy, and chilly is a better description.

I weighed today. I'm down 2 lbs but this puts me back to what I have posted. So no excitement of a new loss. I did get asked if I lost weight today. Yay!

Mandy, hope you feel better soon.

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-07-2012 03:07 PM

My -- just miss a day here and 2 pages fly by ... but that's OK! I fell asleep last evening while reading; but must have needed it, as my DH likes to say.

Well, I had one of those days yesteday that felt like I was starving; I was a bit low on my calories so had a bigger evening snack. I was still hungry when I woke up today, so I had a bit bigger BF and lunch. I had some soup with my veggie pita pizza for lunch and that helped a lot. We had chicken pieces in BBQ sauce and veggies for dinner last night; and tonight is pasta night, so that will help me feel fuller too.

SUE ~ I have good days and not-so-good ones too; just like every one else. After we moved into our new house last August, I took it easier for awhile to rest my sore, tired legs & feet (I was worn out from all the packing, moving, and then unpacking -- most of which I did myself). I have chosen an exercise plan to match my physical challenges, but I do have to be careful not to over-do it (gotta watch those old injuries).

I do toning exercises upon waking that are pretty easy actually; I do them from 10-20 minutes (they go faster now). I can also move them to the evening if something gets in the way. I do my hand-weights while reading here; and some dancing in the evening to bouncy music 2-3 times a week --all fun stuff for me. I do think that I have more free time than some of you do so don't be too hard on yourselves.

MANDY ~ wow, that's a bad case; hope you feel better fast ...

KRISTEN ~ 4 lbs is an awesome loss in just one week! Wow, buying Christmas Trees in March; are they going to be planted? Oh, I suppose that must be so ... ;)

It felt like spring here today; got up to 55 F with the :sunny: out, but now some clouds have rolled in, it's about 53 F -- and everything is melting out there. We have huge puddles in the roads and the birdies are all taking baths. :lol:

Have a wonderful Wednesday ... :flow1:

konfyoozed 03-07-2012 03:08 PM

well. i saw a lower number on the scale today... a whopping 0.7 pounds... not even a full pound. :(

guess i can't fuss too much, considering i think i only went to the gym 2 times in between weigh ins, and had a crazy off plan weekend...

mahtha 03-07-2012 03:53 PM

I've really struggled at the scale over the past few weeks BUT...
The last 2 days I've noticed my figure is trying to peek out! :cheer2: I've always had a small ribcage and waist compared with my hips and especially my thighs. Since it's been so cold I've been dressing in layers and hiding my shape, but these past few days I've noticed when I'm only wearing a cami on top I can see the beginnings of definition again.

I've decided I'm going to stay in layers as long as possible and come spring I'll don something more form-fitted and watch the reaction.:devil:

patchworkpenguin 03-07-2012 04:29 PM

I did 36min of Plyometrics. The instructor does two sets of each exercise, so I tried to do 1 set plyo and 1 set low impact but sometimes I was between the two on the impact-meter, otherwise know as my creaky floor. Next I did 35min of cardio/weights.

I'm eating a Jonagold apple for my after workout snack; I've not tried this particular kind before, but I just realized the 'sparkles' on my computer screen were apple juice squirted out when I take a bite, :D.

The weather cleared up, Mr Sun came out to play. :sunny:

Mahtha, congrats on 'taking shape'!

Rosebud, BBQ chicken sounds good. I watched someone make some on a cooking show last week also.

CHUNKEY_MUNKEY 03-07-2012 06:09 PM

i cant belive im back here again , i regained almost all my weight that i had originally lost .... after working so hard to get it off i wonder how i could let that happen but it feels good to be back on the bandwagon ! ......

heathermichigan 03-07-2012 07:00 PM

I had a really great NSV last night! :) I've only lost a few pounds since restarting (6.5 or so), but when I put my jeans on last night to go out, they were no longer uncomfortably tight! :carrot: Definitely helped me keep the eating at the restaurant in check.
Everyone...keep on keepin' on! We can do this :hug:

SilkyDove 03-07-2012 07:22 PM

Suggestions?

Penguin (sorry, I don't know your real name..lol.

I am just coming out of denial. I just kept buying larger and larger sizes. It hit me when my Husband said to me that my body was starting to look like His ex's (He wasn't trying to be mean, but could see me slipping into depression because of the changes in my body).

I began walking the lot today (I work at an auto dealership). I do have a question for everyone though. I am being told that I need to eat my biggest meal of the day at lunchtime (I have stomach issues that keep me from eating breakfast), but I have no idea what would be best to eat. I sit at a desk all day and really cannot eat anything heavy for lunch.

Thanks!
Dove

kmac1196 03-08-2012 06:39 AM

Yup! We're close, Sue. And I am the same way about my figure. Small waist compared to hips/thighs! Noticing loss there first, too.

Rosebud...Christmas Tree Shop is not for xmas trees! LOL it's a store that sells all kinds of stuff...knick knacks, decorations, table clothes, lamps, etc....at a bargain. Fun to go to.

Mandy...take those losses! It's down and it gets you closer to your goal. (remind me of this when I complain about my small losses, too, k?)

Way to go HEather!!!

TOM is due tomorrow but have no symptoms. HMMMM I know this diet with all the supplements I'm on, lessens them but none? Anyway, I'm still on track. No cravings. Not hungry. Feeling fine. Monday I add 1/2 a sweet potato...Then I'll add some walking. Waiting to get to 210 to start running again. Cannot wait!!!!! Have a lovely day everyone. Supposed to be in the high 50's here today!

mahtha 03-08-2012 09:17 AM

Good morning ladies! :wave:

Got home from a long day of work yesterday to a nice surprise of dinner on the table! D21 made her famous turkey burgers and sweet potato fries, a favorite of her roommates. What a wonderful treat to have someone else prepare dinner for a change, I felt so pampered!

Yesterday was another OP day and I got my excercise in after dinner. One foot in front of the other...

I'm really encouraged to see so many wonderful successes here. OPs, NSVs, small changes in mindset, all the great little thnigs that will add up big for each of us. :cheer2:YAY for the losers!:cheer2:

I hope everone has a fantastic day!

heathermichigan 03-08-2012 10:47 AM

Ugh, stupid scale. Gained 2.5 pounds since yesterday morning. (I'm prepared for, and expect, the .25 to 1.5 or so bumps up and down, but not 2.5!!!!) And I had a great day yesterday--good workout, stayed on plan, plenty of water, low salt intake). I used that anger toward the scale to get a great workout in this morning. Trying to stay positive is hard some days!
Let's all have a great day and show that scale who's boss. ;)

Slashnl 03-08-2012 01:28 PM

I am not doing a good job of getting back on track. I feel like my head is not where it should be. I'm finding excuses and just plain bad attitude getting in my way. I'm a little disappointed in how difficult this is again.

But, I need to just focus and do what I'm supposed to do. I can't keep giving in to the excuses.

I know I'll get it together, just not today, I guess.

Justwant2Bhealthy 03-08-2012 02:21 PM

DIANE ~ just keep plugging away at it; eventually, things will fall into place. Start with small changes; baby steps. Take note of where you are slipping up and plan some strategies to get around that the next time. Write down what you are eating, and about your feelings too. Remember, practice makes perfect: that is really very true ... :hug:

:o KRISTEN ~ Oh, :lol: ... we don't have anything like that here -- cuz we live in the hinterland ... ;) Sheesh, we can barely get groceries at a decent price -- that's an exercise in futility as it is. Considering where we live (at the North Pole), you'd have thunk someone would think to start a Santa's Shop or something like that here, but NO ... :shrug:

HEATHER ~ that could very well just be water gain; take a looksee at your sodium intake and/or TOM. Nice NSV on the pants though ... ;)

DOVE ~ Yes, my last doctor suggested that too -- switch dinner and lunch on some days; and it has turned out OK. You could just have some leftovers, or a salad with lean meat, or a lean quisine if you have a microwave at work, or a wg bunwich with fruit & milk, etc. It's really the calorie amount they are talking about. You could make up some meals on the weekend and freeze them; pop them in the micro. I had leftovers for lunch today from the last two nights. I always make extra now so I can do that.

SUE ~ wonderful of your daughter to make that nice & healthy meal for everyone.

:welcome: Back, CHUNKEY MONKEY ~ I remember seeing you around the site; good for you getting back on track again. Here's the thing that we are all learning -- we must keep on top of things for the rest of our lives. We have to be ever aware; always paying attention; and not let things get way out of hand before taking action. It is a learning process, but I think sticking around here for maintenance can help us all keep the focus in the right place, and heading in the right direction too ... :hug:

PATCH ~ doing great with the exercise; I like to eat an apple at least once every day (my doctor suggested that too). And, another doctor on the net said that if we ate one apple & one pear a day, it would help us lose weight. Some studies say he's right about that; but, I find the fruit helps in other ways too ... ;)

MANDY ~ HEY, take the .7 lbs; better than nothing. Moving in the right direction at least ... :lol:

We actually had :rain: all last evening, then the temps plummeted to -7C or more, and we woke up to a ***** storm this AM -- but the :sunny: has just decided to peek out right now-- yeah! Have a great day everyone, and keep up the good work ... :flow2:

patchworkpenguin 03-08-2012 02:29 PM

I helped out our Bible Study co-ordinator today and led a group. Before our Lecture the speaker usually shows the crafts made in the Children's Ministry. The CO is an older lady who doesn't walk well so she asked me to quick run downstairs and get them, so picture me jogging through the basement of the church holding a pink pig puppet and an happy/sad mask! But I got them there on time!:p

Cardio and Classical stretch for today. Its raining as its supposed to do for the rest of the week. :(

Diane, start with small steps. Do what you can do/get done and work on the rest later. Focusing on one thing right now. You can do anything, but you don't have to do everything right now!

Heather, hang in there, sometimes Mr Scale likes to mess with our minds! Keep focused on your jeans fitting!

Mahtha, what a wonderful treat! Yay for DD! I do most of the cooking, Hubby will occasionally fix eggs but I have to fix my own plate. My parents took me out to eat at a pretty fancy place a few years ago. The chef artfully arranged my food on my plate and I just about cried because someone had taken some effort for me {for a change!} :D

Dove, instead of one big meal can you eat two smaller 'snack' meals. Such as eating a sandwich at 11am, then eating an apple or small salad at 1pm or so. That way you get a 'big' meal but not all at once?

Kmac, TOM is like that for me, some months nothing then next month, I'll get a few symptoms, then back to nothing. Each month is a little different. Keeps me on my toes.

Munkey, welcome glad to have you join us.

Rosebud, I have noticed that I don't crave a snack in the evenings if I have a snack and a good dinner.