3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Regainers Relosing. Get it off AGAIN! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/251082-regainers-relosing-get-off-again.html)

Beverlyjoy 02-27-2012 08:51 AM

Hi relosers - I've noticed something in all/many/some of us here. Of course, we are frustrated and angry at ourselves for gaining back weight. I think it's important that we all forgive ourselves and move forward. I know that sometimes I feel like I can't be 'OK' until I get to a certain number - to relose a certain amount of the gained weight. But - we cannot change the past - only learn from it. If you/we are feeling in a limbo - let's try to change it into inspiration and positive energy to move us forward (and downward on the scale). I think it's going to be hard for me. But, worth any effort. I don't know if it makes sense but.. it's what I've been thinking lately.

The past couple of days have contained healthy food in healthy quantities --- I am grateful for that.

I had the willingness to plan/measure/log my foods, tae deep breathes before each meal/snack for centering, slowed down some, read my helpful information, did some journalling, lot of water and more. The doctor gave me the go ahead for some gentle stretches -- I did them in my back and legs but, I could not do many core/abdominal things as it hurt. In time.

I hope you all have a great day.

Today I must get my glasses fixed.

mahtha 02-27-2012 10:17 AM

Beverlyjoy, I <3 you! What great reminders - both to treat ourselves as well as we'd treat a good friend, and that today is a new day we shouldn't waste energy looking over our shoulders.

I was REALLY good all weekend and saw a little blip on the scale yesterday, but back up today. I haven't lost a single pound in 2 weeks. :tantrum: I keep hoping when the scale finally decides to budge it's gonna be a big one. There is NO WAY I'm eating more calories than I'm burning, I've cut way back on portions and carbs, I'm drinking my water. I'm doing all the right things. PLEASE, would the scale fairies smile down on me this week? :angel:

I'm not giving up. I prepped salads and fruit and baked chicken for the work week and am grocery shopping on my way home tonight to restock the fresh veggies. This whole thing has my Irish up and I'm a stubborn one. I WILL WIN!:lol3:

Thanks everyone, I can't tell you all how much I appreciate the support here. It's amazing being able to vent knowing you guys truly understand. :hug:

patchworkpenguin 02-27-2012 12:04 PM

Beverly, You are right, of course:D. Being angry at ourselves isn't helping us at all. :dizzy: I think that I'm so focused on the number on the scale {that isn't changing} that I don't appreciate some of the other changes and lessons I'm learning about my relationship with food and myself. Such as my pants are fitting better in the legs but my waist still measures the same, so I feel I'm NOT making any progress, even though I really am. Even Hubby commented that I look thinner, until he said it I thought I was fooling myself to make me feel better.

Our weekend was nice, we had a nice time with my parents, dinner went well, Mom brought {and left some} cake for Dad and I made dinner. When he was a boy his Mom would make Pasta Fazul, he talked about it recentlly, so I offered to make it for him. It was good, and we had a lot of leftovers which I split between us.

patchworkpenguin 02-27-2012 06:42 PM

I did 2-30min cardio workouts today.

thistoo 02-27-2012 07:44 PM

Penguin, Pasta Fazul was a staple of our household when I was a kid. My dad grew up on it so my mom made it for him all the time. I HATED it, probably because we ate it so often. I bet I wouldn't hate it now, but I can't eat pasta anymore, so I'll never know.

My head is killing me tonight. I think it's going to be an early night for me.

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-27-2012 07:58 PM

CAROLINE ~ hope that headache goes away; sometimes I go to bed early and then don't have an evening snack either -- turning that into an advantage ... ;)

PATCH ~ PASTA FAZUL -- not sure what that is but obviously, it is a pasta dish. We have pasta once a week, but I make sure to measure out 1 cup cooked pasta for myself (give DH 1.5 cups). Plus, I am slowly switching over to whole grain or protein pastas. Good for you getting that exercise in.

BEVERLYJOY ~ yes, we all feel bad about the mistakes we have made in the past; but I know we feel the same about this -- all mistakes are life lessons. So, now we learn & continue on ... :D

:welcome: SIRENITY ~ sorry to hear about your loss; and you certainly have had more than your share of stressors as of late ... but this too will pass, as they say. Glad you joined us over here. Today is a new day, and you still have more to be proud of than not ... :hug:

Eating has been pretty good for me this month; I am pleased with my efforts and accomplishments. I have been changing up my snacks and strategies to deal with them; continuously tweaking and making improvements. Have added in some DANCERCISE this month to burn more energy.

Have a good week everyone ... :val3:

ANewCreation 02-27-2012 09:04 PM

I know I've been MIA for a couple of weeks but I'm doing well. I'm calorie counting and it's working. I've lost 2#!

Life has been very busy being full time daycare provider for the grandkids but I am loving it. I think it helps to be too busy to eat more than you should. By the time I got both of them down for naps I was just interested in finally getting a bathroom break - LOL!

I won't be able to go swimming for another 2 weeks because the Y won't take the baby until she is 6 weeks old, so until then we are taking walks around the neighborhood. I love her stroller and apparently so does she. The older one rides his little bike and it just wears both of us out--thank you hilly streets :)

Well, it's probably going to be hit and miss for me checking in here but I will try as time/energy allows. My best to everyone, an encouraging hug and congrats for all the weight loss !

thistoo 02-28-2012 09:59 AM

Morning, all. I did go to bed early last night and woke up headache-free. Small victories! I'm up half a pound this morning, which is a drag, but I was on plan yesterday and I'll be on plan again today, so it'll go down eventually.

Instead of being upset about it I put on my new dress and a whole bunch of lycra and came to work. I'm regretting these heels, but no one knows if I take them off while I'm at my desk.

It's a beautiful, sunny day here in eastern Tennessee, and while I will be inside all day, I am enjoying the sunshine regardless. I spent some quality time with Jillian's 30 Day Shred before work, and it was a lot easier than I remember. Fitness victories are almost as good as scale victories, so I'll take it.

Have a great day, everyone!

patchworkpenguin 02-28-2012 11:57 AM

Hubby and I had an attack of the munchies last night. We ate a good dinner but a few hours later I wanted something crunchy. {I cut back on chocolate but now I want crunchy}. I tried gum and a few other things but the desire persisted, so I thought I'd have a small bowl of cereal with a banana. Hubby thought that was a good idea {except the banana}. But then he went back for a second bowl, so I went back also. As I was pouring the second bowl I KNEW this was a mistake and I would be unhappy but I felt practically 'gleeful' about having more. Pretty soon more was too much and I was 'misera-ful". I don't understand why I do things like this? :o

Beverlyjoy 02-28-2012 03:20 PM

I ate healthfully yesterday. My food changed and went in different directions, but I managed to stay with healthy and to not overeat. I am grateful for that.

I accomplished many tasks: measured/logged all food, lots of water, journalling, deep breathes before eating, no seconds, most often left a bite and slower.

I need to work on eat sitting down only... it's very easy to nibble while standing, cleaning up, cooking etc. Maybe I will put on my new bracelet as a reminder to eat seated only.

I am going to weigh tomorrow. It will be good to know what's going on with this. I know what I weighed the day of surgery (two weeks ago)... they had me weigh when I came home and weigh a couple days after to make sure I didn't start retaining water from different things. I will accept it... whatever it is. Then I'll know where I stand. It's playing with my head.

It's important that I eat healthy food now. The first five or six days after surgery all I ate was soda crackers, lots of graham cracker, jiuce, applesauce, toast, etc. I don't know why - I tried to eat walnuts then. WRONG - not the right thing after gallbladder surgery. At my follow up appointment my surgeon said I can start to eat anything I want. Not a good thing to say to a compulsive eater. He did, however, say to watch the fat until my body gets used to digestion without my gallbladder. I am able to eat new things everyday.

I hope you are all having a great day.

Justwant2Bhealthy 02-28-2012 03:40 PM

NEWCREATION ~ glad you stopped by; those kiddies are a good influence on you -- out walking hills and swimming very soon. That's great! Exercise victories are still victories; it all counts! :D

PATCH ~ well, did you stay within your daily total -- if you did, you can remain "gleeful" today ... ;)

CAROLINE ~ you are doing fine; on plan and the exercise is good too. I know you really don't expect to lose a lb every day, but eventually something's gotta give. I'm hoping for a big swoosh for you very soon ... :)

I was very hungry last night; did end up having a snack after all. Was way under on my calories after dinner, but at the end of the day, finished at 1687 -- not bad. Still on plan and that's what matters most. Had a lean center pork chop, salad, and rice/veggie mix last night. Tonight is leftover roasted chicken with the leftover rice-veggie combo.

:wave: BEVERLYJOY ~ you snuck in there when I was typing. :lol: Ya, I have to watch that snacking on the go thing too. I did that with my snack last night. Oops ... :nono:

Have a good one ... :val3:

konfyoozed 02-28-2012 03:41 PM

patchworkpenguin - i don't eat sweets as much, and now i crave CHEWY. particularly melted cheese. one fat for another in my system i guess. heh.

today i woke up with the mother of all migraines. it was nagging at bedtime last night but i thought it was just from pushing too hard during my workout, so i popped a couple ibuprofen and went to bed. bad idea. hubby's alarm went off and i reacted like i had a horrid hangover and wanted to shoot the thing! instead i just folded up a wash cloth and put it over my eyes to block out the light, took some more ibuprofen and went back to sleep. fast forward to 2pm and i crawled out of bed feeling a little bit more human, but still don't feel like eating (my granola bar and my stomach are currently having a showdown in my abdomen). it's gonna be one of those "fend for yourself" days for hubs. food makes me nauseous. might have to skip or tone down the workout tonight.

on another note, more positive, since i've started taking melatonin to help me sleep (almost 6 weeks now) this is the first migraine i've had! and that's a true blessing cause i used to get them at least once a week, sometimes twice. and sometimes they'd last for 2 days! this one is blissfully short in comparison.

kmac1196 02-28-2012 04:23 PM

Well, I completed Day 2 of Fat flush yesterday and boy was I sick! Migraine and I thought I was going to be sick but didn't. Today is better. Detoxing is hard! I feel clear today, less bloated. Lost 2 lbs in 2 days so that's a plus. cravings are gone. Hunger is gone. I'm in a happy place!

patchworkpenguin 02-28-2012 04:53 PM

I did 20min of kbox holding 1 lb handweights to warmup then did 60min of UB, trying to pyramid down though the 3 rounds. Can you tell it was UB day?:dizzy:

thistoo 02-29-2012 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy (Post 4233811)
CAROLINE ~ you are doing fine; on plan and the exercise is good too. I know you really don't expect to lose a lb every day, but eventually something's gotta give. I'm hoping for a big swoosh for you very soon ... :)

Right? I can't expect to lose a pound a day, but sometimes I catch myself in that mindset, especially when things are going well. It's ridiculous! I still have a lot of work to do on my all or nothing mentality, obviously.

Having said that, I'm down to 203.4 this morning, which is three pounds lost for this week, and I'm thrilled about it. Onederland is right around the corner! I probably won't make it next week, but for sure before I leave for Florida.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmac1196 (Post 4233856)
Well, I completed Day 2 of Fat flush yesterday and boy was I sick! Migraine and I thought I was going to be sick but didn't. Today is better. Detoxing is hard! I feel clear today, less bloated. Lost 2 lbs in 2 days so that's a plus. cravings are gone. Hunger is gone. I'm in a happy place!

Detoxing is really hard! I'm glad you're through the worst of it and hope you're feeling even better today. It's miserable, but so worth it. I started listening to a book called "Wheat Belly" yesterday, and it's really interesting. Mostly it's more of what we already know about gluten, but the doctor who wrote it has some interesting case studies, himself included.

Penguin and Mandy, awesome job on the workouts! Mandy, I hope your migraine is completely gone. Melatonin has really helped me cope with my lifelong insomnia problem, though now that I'm doing paleo I find I don't need it most nights. Beverly, I hope you're feeling even better today. I'm so glad for you that your recovery is going smoothly. Don't stress about what the scale says today! Know that you're on the path to wellness.