Old 04-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #76  
Jillian

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I hear that with the not knowing how many calories you're eating. I tried a calorie counter for the first time today.. even though my diet was way off today and i still eat what seems like a lot of carbs. I think i need more protein in my diet?! but i dont really eat a lot of meat.. not really sure. Did quite well at easter yesterday. I didnt eat any of the snacky foods just a little ham and some veggies.. did get overtaken by the bread and a small dessert but my dessert was mostly strawberries so not so bad other than all the salt and sugar!

Today i was rushed so i went to subway but even still, almost like 600 calories for lunch and a lot more carbs than i'm used to having in one meal. Need to really focus on being more prepared by my schedule makes it quite difficult. I dont get out of work until 9pm then i work out for an hour so by the time i get home i'm cooking or eating dinner at 11.. its off. But i also dont eat my first meal of the day until noon. Still need to figure something else out i think. It's hard when i have to worry about cooking for me and my boyfriend, hard to prepare a whole meal a day ahead of time because its night quite as fresh and yummy the next day! Any suggestions? Not to mention i have like barely any money to put towards a grocery budget...

**frustrated**
DTerminedOne1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:06 AM   #77  
Getting started

S/C/G: 260/tricker/159

Height: 5' 7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
Glad to see all 3 new ladies here!!

Hi Lizz!

That sounds like a great plan. Yeah I get tired of counting cals and try to just eat sensibly and it dont work for me. lol
Hey Jasmine,

When I read that, I must admit, I did not like you, much. Honesty hurts but it seems that my experiences turn out to be similar to yours. The weight loss is slower compared to counting calories, about 2 lbs/week, though it could be that I am only in a phase when it has slowed down naturally, compared to the initial push? Though 2 lbs/week should still be a good rate I think.

I will give it a couple more weeks to try and see if the loss remains steady, despite having slowed down a bit and will take it from there. These days I can see myself going to the gym far more than adhering to fitday and letting numbers control every single of my awake hours! lol

With the exception of chocolate I have been mostly good these past few weeks. There is a life beyond butter and chips! lol
Lizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #78  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLINA View Post

We went out for dinner on Easter. I ordered the lowest cal item on the menu and took half of it home. I figure I ate an extra 200 calories too much.

The food was loaded with salt.
So I am staying off the scale for the next couple of days. I don't need to see all that water weight.

It's raining today, so tomorrow I'll go out for along walk.
No more holiday dinners for awhile...Isn't that great!

Great job for only going a little over! My problem is I will take half my meal home and eat it late at night! LOL Yes i hate the holiday food stuff! uugghhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic View Post
It sounds like everyone practiced moderation on Easter! Congrats to all.

Well, I tried the new lower calorie protein drinks and they taste the way I imagine draino would taste if it was chocolate flavored, so into the garbage they went.

I am going back to my old protein drinks. I like two brands of protein drinks.

1 Carnation instant breakfast, no sugar formula (blue bottle) (13g protein, 150 calories, 2g fiber)
2. Atkins advantage dark chocolate flavor (16g protein, 160 calories, 2 g fiber)

both make excellent on-the-go breakfasts. I of course still have to have my morning coffee (extra strong) with them.

Anyway, no more cutting calories and sacrificing taste. 50 calories are not worth the agony of those horrible low cal energy drinks.
Yeah doesnt sound like its worth it. I used to do the atkins shakes, but during that time frame I was still getting crazy eat everything food cravings so i dropped it.

Not saying it was the shake. But I had to change up everything and the shake left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTerminedOne1219 View Post
I hear that with the not knowing how many calories you're eating. I tried a calorie counter for the first time today.. even though my diet was way off today and i still eat what seems like a lot of carbs. I think i need more protein in my diet?! but i dont really eat a lot of meat.. not really sure. Did quite well at easter yesterday. I didnt eat any of the snacky foods just a little ham and some veggies.. did get overtaken by the bread and a small dessert but my dessert was mostly strawberries so not so bad other than all the salt and sugar!

Today i was rushed so i went to subway but even still, almost like 600 calories for lunch and a lot more carbs than i'm used to having in one meal. Need to really focus on being more prepared by my schedule makes it quite difficult. I dont get out of work until 9pm then i work out for an hour so by the time i get home i'm cooking or eating dinner at 11.. its off. But i also dont eat my first meal of the day until noon. Still need to figure something else out i think. It's hard when i have to worry about cooking for me and my boyfriend, hard to prepare a whole meal a day ahead of time because its night quite as fresh and yummy the next day! Any suggestions? Not to mention i have like barely any money to put towards a grocery budget...

**frustrated**
You know what I use? fitday.com It tracks your cals and even has a food "pie". What I try to do is keep my carbs at 50%, 20% protein, 30% fat.

It has a "pie" thing that shows you what % of those you are at.

So its easy to make changes if you figure out your foods before you start eating.

Protein for me, I think my kefir has protein in it, ill have to check, but other then that lunch is usually tuna, 1/2 a cup. Dinner is usually 1 cup of lean ground beef or 1 cup chicken breast.

mmmmm.... I love subway!

I dont eat much for breakfast. I have a cup of coffee, and a cup of kefir(yogurt type drink)

I also love smoothies. Think banana, apple, spinach, maybe blue berries, mix it all together. Something quick and easy and you can drink it on the way to work!

What I do alot of right now is the terriyaki chicken grill breast from costco. Its precooked so perfect for a bbq. But also cools quickly in an oven.

Throw down aluminum foil on a cookie sheet and 20 minutes later chicken is done.

Maybe get a steamer and toss some veggies on with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz View Post
Hey Jasmine,

When I read that, I must admit, I did not like you, much. Honesty hurts but it seems that my experiences turn out to be similar to yours. The weight loss is slower compared to counting calories, about 2 lbs/week, though it could be that I am only in a phase when it has slowed down naturally, compared to the initial push? Though 2 lbs/week should still be a good rate I think.

I will give it a couple more weeks to try and see if the loss remains steady, despite having slowed down a bit and will take it from there. These days I can see myself going to the gym far more than adhering to fitday and letting numbers control every single of my awake hours! lol

With the exception of chocolate I have been mostly good these past few weeks. There is a life beyond butter and chips! lol
2 lbs a week is still great! What works for me, or doesnt work for me, may or may not work for someone else. Just sharing my experiences. For me it is hard to practice moderation. If I could I wouldnt be fat in the first place. LOL

but I am making a real effort lately to do that when I dont know how many cals something is.

I just prefer to count, that way I know for sure.

glad to hear you are doing well!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #79  
I AM healthy!

Okay gals, so I am doing fine with the food and walking. But I decided to weigh in yesterday! It was up 1.5 lbs from Saturday.

arrgghhhhhhh

Weighed again today and its down .20 lbs from yesterday.

grrrrr......

I must still be retaining! Annoying but I will push thru!
Old 04-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #80  
Jillian

Yeah im still a bit frustrated myself! yesterday was a great day for me food wise, i wound up at 1301 for the day. I do actually use FitDay.com it is a wonderful tool to use! Upped my protein for yesterday as well and i felt much better about the results. So even though that was a good day, i still am having an issue with exercise. I really WANT to be successful at losing weight this time but i cannot seem to go to bed earlier so that i can get out of bed in the morning and work out! I dont know what the issue is. Im just so tired all of the time and its really frustrating. Not getting home until 10 and then eating at 11 and not crashing till 1 makes it very difficult to get up at 8:30 to work out. Have to do something though. I just dont know what its going to tak to get my butt outta bed in the morning!!!

Either way i'm going to stick to plan with the calories and work on it. Have to do something!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:32 PM   #81  

I am really surprised. I actually lost 0.8 lbs over Easter and I "fell" off the wagon, so to speak. I ate roast chicken with rice and veggies (all mixed together), I also ate Easter dinner of ham, pork tenderloin (which was gross, my recipe blah), asparagus, and had 3 helpings of trifle for dessert along with a decent amount of chocolate and at least 4 cans of Coke over the 4 day long weekend.

But, Saturday and Sunday we were out for hours (5 at least on Sunday) with my cousins and uncle on their ATVs, and that burns a decent amount of calories (especially when someone *points at herself* gets stuck in a bog and forgets about 4-wheel drive.. duh). On the drive home (4 hour drive) yesterday I didn't eat very well; bag of chips, bottle of Coke, and 2 Blow Pop suckers, and a large chocolate bar, but I ate very little at work (100 cal of edemame beans, 2 Babybell cheese rounds, 100 cal grapefruit chunks, 1 larabar) so that probably helped.

Today I'm back on it. I need to lose another (at least) 5 pounds before May 17, my next doctor visit. I'm 3 lbs away from my 5% loss, too, so I'm going to push for it.

My dad was awesome enough to pay for my New Balance shoes. They are SO comfortable, OMG. They feel like I'm walking barefoot - they're so wide with no curvature in the sole so it doesn't make my foot arch or anything weird. My feet still hurt when I do about 15 min worth of my Kinect cardio stuff though; not sure what that's about, but I wore them all weekend out quadding so it can't be the shoes I guess.

And, true to Vancouver, it's raining but I'm still taking the mutt for a 20 minute walk after I run to Safeway to stock up on fresh veggies for the next couple of days.

So far so good! Glad to hear everyone else is sticking with it, even if they, like me, had a few bumps over the long weekend.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #82  
I AM healthy!

Quote:
Yeah im still a bit frustrated myself! yesterday was a great day for me food wise, i wound up at 1301 for the day. I do actually use FitDay.com it is a wonderful tool to use! Upped my protein for yesterday as well and i felt much better about the results. So even though that was a good day, i still am having an issue with exercise. I really WANT to be successful at losing weight this time but i cannot seem to go to bed earlier so that i can get out of bed in the morning and work out! I dont know what the issue is. Im just so tired all of the time and its really frustrating. Not getting home until 10 and then eating at 11 and not crashing till 1 makes it very difficult to get up at 8:30 to work out. Have to do something though. I just dont know what its going to tak to get my butt outta bed in the morning!!!

Either way i'm going to stick to plan with the calories and work on it. Have to do something!!!
Its hard when you work outside the home. do you have a lunch hour at work you could walk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowgirl View Post
I am really surprised. I actually lost 0.8 lbs over Easter and I "fell" off the wagon, so to speak. I ate roast chicken with rice and veggies (all mixed together), I also ate Easter dinner of ham, pork tenderloin (which was gross, my recipe blah), asparagus, and had 3 helpings of trifle for dessert along with a decent amount of chocolate and at least 4 cans of Coke over the 4 day long weekend.

But, Saturday and Sunday we were out for hours (5 at least on Sunday) with my cousins and uncle on their ATVs, and that burns a decent amount of calories (especially when someone *points at herself* gets stuck in a bog and forgets about 4-wheel drive.. duh). On the drive home (4 hour drive) yesterday I didn't eat very well; bag of chips, bottle of Coke, and 2 Blow Pop suckers, and a large chocolate bar, but I ate very little at work (100 cal of edemame beans, 2 Babybell cheese rounds, 100 cal grapefruit chunks, 1 larabar) so that probably helped.

Today I'm back on it. I need to lose another (at least) 5 pounds before May 17, my next doctor visit. I'm 3 lbs away from my 5% loss, too, so I'm going to push for it.

My dad was awesome enough to pay for my New Balance shoes. They are SO comfortable, OMG. They feel like I'm walking barefoot - they're so wide with no curvature in the sole so it doesn't make my foot arch or anything weird. My feet still hurt when I do about 15 min worth of my Kinect cardio stuff though; not sure what that's about, but I wore them all weekend out quadding so it can't be the shoes I guess.

And, true to Vancouver, it's raining but I'm still taking the mutt for a 20 minute walk after I run to Safeway to stock up on fresh veggies for the next couple of days.

So far so good! Glad to hear everyone else is sticking with it, even if they, like me, had a few bumps over the long weekend.
Glad you still lost! WTG!! atving sounds fun!

Link me to your balance shoes.

With all the walking over the years I have had issues with my feet too. They didnt stop until I got me some skechers. They are wide width.

(I have occasional pain but I mean serious pain!)

http://www.famousfootwear.com/Shoppi...059&pg=1003568
Old 04-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #83  
I AM healthy!

Okay gals so I dared to get on the scales again today!

I am 252.2

Kind of frustrating since I weighed 252 on Saturday the 23rd!!

How long does it take to get water weight off? And In ADDITION....I should of actively been losing saturday thru Wed(yesterday) so i should be down 2 lbs or so in addition!

arrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Maybe Ill have a big whoosh soon I hope!

If I multiply 7 days x 1700 cals(daily cal deficit) 4-23rd thru 4-29th....

that is 11,900 cals, divide that by 3500 = 3.4 lbs

So if I was 252 on 4-23rd, and I stayed on plan, by 4-30, this saturday, I should be down an additional 3.4 lbs.

252-3.4 = 248.6

So i better be 248.6 by saturday, or sunday!!

I am just going to eat really clean. U fortunately I think I am going to have to disclude popcorn.

I know pizza is salty too and twice in a row didnt help.

I wont give up pizza but I dont eat it all that often anyways.

But I just need to do this!!!

argrgrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 04-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #84  
I AM healthy!

Okay gals, confession time. One thing I didnt have time to tell you about on Sunday:

The family get togethers are starting already!!!

Thats cool, but this means I need to work even harder!!

Last Sunday when we all got together at the park everyone played kick ball.

Well mil sat out and so did I and my 7 y/o.

(My 2 eldest kids didnt even come)

Well when sil went to get pizza, (my fil was doing all the pitching for both teams), they were one short so he asked me to step in.

So i did.

I was proud of myself cause i actually made it to home base TWICE and scored the first points for the team.

But I was really huffing and puffing toward the end!

I so didnt want to look like the fat girl who was trying to play kick ball and got out of breath quickly.

Know what I mean?

Overall i didnt do bad and hubby said I looked fine.

But I was really happy when the pizza came cause i really was getting out of breath!

I really need to get all this weight off! i dont want to spend my life on the sidelines.

I have done alot of walking so my legs are pretty toned and some on my upper thighs, but when you run you use alot more of your upper thigh muscles then you do just walking.

Those were kind of achy this week.

(I also wonder if that could also be why i am retaining this week.)

Last edited by Jasmine31; 04-28-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #85  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

I have been doing really good this week! Im really happy I am able to do so well because I have been very busy with work and planning to move. I planned all my meals out on sunday night and I just go and highlight the meals, (I have a food journal to record all of my food and calories), after I eat them. great job ladies!
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #86  
Jillian

@Jasmine- Unfortunately i only get 30 minutes for lunch. But i have been walking for about 10 to 15 minutes at a time on all 3 of my breaks so that helps. I think i've realized why i've been dragging my butt all week though, woke up this morning to an awful cold! Definately still sticking to the diet though. Completely on plan, and even doing better than expected. I was trying to keep my calories between 1400-1600 and the last 2 days i have been under 1400!!! So should still be a good week.

I am going to confess that i have a wedding to go to this weekend for my best friend which means I will be eating not so good food and drinking quite a bit. I have gone back and forth with my conscience on this one. So i have a couple of questions...

1. I am eating crabmeat stuffed sole for dinner, any way to calculate about how many calories i'll be consuming from dinner?

2. I am going to attempt to stay away from dessert or only have a tiny bit just to enjoy the taste!

3. Any comments or information i should know about drinking alcohol while trying to not completely ruin my OP week? I am not a big drinker so i havent encountered this issue before seeing as this is my first week counting calories!

Any feedback is appreciated! thanks!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #87  
I AM healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybee123 View Post
I have been doing really good this week! Im really happy I am able to do so well because I have been very busy with work and planning to move. I planned all my meals out on sunday night and I just go and highlight the meals, (I have a food journal to record all of my food and calories), after I eat them. great job ladies!
Thats great! keep up the good work!

Quote:
@Jasmine- Unfortunately i only get 30 minutes for lunch. But i have been walking for about 10 to 15 minutes at a time on all 3 of my breaks so that helps. I think i've realized why i've been dragging my butt all week though, woke up this morning to an awful cold! Definately still sticking to the diet though. Completely on plan, and even doing better than expected. I was trying to keep my calories between 1400-1600 and the last 2 days i have been under 1400!!! So should still be a good week.

I am going to confess that i have a wedding to go to this weekend for my best friend which means I will be eating not so good food and drinking quite a bit. I have gone back and forth with my conscience on this one. So i have a couple of questions...

1. I am eating crabmeat stuffed sole for dinner, any way to calculate about how many calories i'll be consuming from dinner?

2. I am going to attempt to stay away from dessert or only have a tiny bit just to enjoy the taste!

3. Any comments or information i should know about drinking alcohol while trying to not completely ruin my OP week? I am not a big drinker so i havent encountered this issue before seeing as this is my first week counting calories!

Any feedback is appreciated! thanks!
Slam some vit c. The mini walks are a great start!

I am not sure on the crab meat. But if it has butter or mayo it will be caloric. Im not a big drinker either. Maybe have a drink and then a club soda?

Theres another thread around here on how to trick others into thinking your drinking too when you aint.

LOL
Old 04-29-2011, 05:54 PM   #88  
I AM healthy!

Okay chicks, about ready to rip my hair out! 252 today!

SAME weight I was at last Saturday!!!

I should be down a few more lbs by now! Here is the kicker. I can see my belly is bloated and retaining!!! Arggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 287.2/250.0/165

Height: 5' 10"

I had such good intentions when I joined the summer push and then life got in the way.

Quick info. Married for 22.5 yrs. 3 kids. Oldest daughter is almost 21. She has Asperger's (form of autism) and is bi-polar. Son is 9 and is autistic. Youngest dauther is 5. We homeschool. Dh works nights. I work at home. We also take care of my parents who are in their 80's but their health is not great. Throw in some in-laws and some out-laws and things tend to be stressful for me.

Unfortunately, my oldest overdosed early Monday morning and was in the ICU for 3 days. Nothing like something like that to stress you out.

My brother-in-law and my husband both gave me some things to think about and strangely enough I am feeling more at peace than I have in some time.

Hopefully I can get back into keeping up with this push and everyone here. So far today has been a good eating day.
MrsClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #90  
I AM healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsClaus View Post
I had such good intentions when I joined the summer push and then life got in the way.

Quick info. Married for 22.5 yrs. 3 kids. Oldest daughter is almost 21. She has Asperger's (form of autism) and is bi-polar. Son is 9 and is autistic. Youngest dauther is 5. We homeschool. Dh works nights. I work at home. We also take care of my parents who are in their 80's but their health is not great. Throw in some in-laws and some out-laws and things tend to be stressful for me.

Unfortunately, my oldest overdosed early Monday morning and was in the ICU for 3 days. Nothing like something like that to stress you out.

My brother-in-law and my husband both gave me some things to think about and strangely enough I am feeling more at peace than I have in some time.

Hopefully I can get back into keeping up with this push and everyone here. So far today has been a good eating day.
Hello, so sorry to hear you are having such a rough time! I hope your son can pull thru.

It sure sounds like you have your hands full with everything. Make sure to take time out for you. But dont beat yourself up!

Good to see ya!