Old 04-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #16  
Committed to this

S/C/G: 285/268/135

Height: 5'5"

I can't weigh myself every day or I get obsessive about it but I wish I could because its hard to wait for feedback.

I retain water so much that even once a week weigh ins are affected by water retention sometimes for me.

There is a great site that has all the weight watchers info for every restaurant on the planet. Its called Dotti's weight loss zone and even if you are not doing weight watchers, you can get the general nutrition info breaking down a general formula that a point used to equal about 50 calories. Make sure you use the OLD points numbers (the ones in the red, the second set of numbers) if you are going to use the info. Weight Watchers changed their formula and a point doesnt always equal 50 calories anymore, but she has all the old points values on the site so you can figure out calories by using the old points values.
authentic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #17  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Hi rachel2writer:

Its nice to have you join us!

You sound like your off to a great start! Yes dont take on too much too soon. The important thing is to make it consistent. Make it a habit. You can increase later from there.

A few years ago i lost 90 pounds cal counting and walking. Thats why when I get back on plan, I get myself ready with some 60 minute walks here and there. I start building muscle back and get used to making it a habit again.

Then I get right back to the 80 -90 most days cause i know I can do it and its what I need to do to stay focused.

Yes them bad days can really creep up!!

WTG on hitting your exercise goals!

authentic:

Weighing: Yep you gotta do what works for you. A few years ago I got so stressed out once I broke my scale! LOL

Retaining water, I know, my left calf is really burning lately and I just know i am retaining. I have been reading online and they say when the muscle heals it usually releases. So i am probably still retaining from that.

Then if you hit the salty or fast foods too.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a great weigh in day for me!
Thanks for the info. Ill have to check it out!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #18  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

Ugh, can I join?

I had a baby 01/05 and am just about back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. HOWEVER, my pre-preggo weight is about 50 lbs from where I want to be.

Today is my first day back to calorie counting on fitday and my elliptical is set up in our tv room. The only obstacle is my lack of sleep. My son still isn't sleeping through the night so I'm only getting about 4-5 hours every night and just started working full time again 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping if I can at least get my diet straightened out, I can add in the exercise eventually. As a new mom, working full time, and dieting/exercising on little sleep is a little overwhelming.
But I'm just hoping to take it a day at a time.

I'd like to lose 10 lbs by 05/31 but I'll be happy for any loss at this point. Best of luck, ladies! And thanks for the support
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 287.2/250.0/165

Height: 5' 10"

Can I join? Maybe if I have friends to be accountable to I'll be able to keep on track.

I was down 80 pounds 18 months ago and then gained it all back plus 7 more pounds over last year. I have managed to lose 22 pounds since Christmas, but I've lost motivation.

My goals for the rest of the week (4/19 to 4/22) are to track and follow my foodplan with Sparkpeople, exercise a little every day and do something each day to help relieve my stress.

Last edited by MrsClaus; 04-18-2011 at 07:18 PM.
MrsClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #20  
Committed to this

Welcome AbbySinthe and MrsClaus! I am just posting my daily exercise to the thread. I managed to get 30 mins of cardio in today even though I kept trying to make excuses not to do it. It's funny, when I am stressed I try to avoid exercising, but the exercise always makes me feel better.

I now need to get through the rest of the night and not do any snacking. I am an evening eater, so wish me luck ladies.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #21  
I AM healthy!

AbbySinthe + MrsClaus

Of course you can join us! Everyone is welcome whether you have 20 to lose or 200. Its nice to have you gals!

AbbySinthe

Yeah its hard getting enough rest when you have a baby around. Working on the food sounds good. I remember when my babies were small. I have 5 kids and it always seemed like 2 were babies at a time. pushing a double stroller was torture!

Anyhow, maybe take the baby for a walk?

MrsClaus

I hear ya on the 80 lbs. We are in the same boat. I lost from 280 down to 190. I was that weight about august of 2008. But my ex passed and it was already stressful enough fighting him in court for years. (His choice not mine) and dealing with the back to back death of my 2 parents, then him.

It was bitter sweet, but he was only 35! It really freaked me out!
Anyways, wound up needing to go on an anti anxiety med for about 6 months and I started gaining like crazy!

I am mad at myself. But I just need to do it again. This time I want to get down to 145. I was 165 in high school. We'll see.

Authentic:

How did ya do?
Okay gals well I FINALLY got my taxes done! I own my own online business so this year was a real bear!
I kept my walking up all last week though. I swear I put about 24 hours solid into taxes! Arrgghh.

TOM is here, so i think I will skip weigh ins for a few days!
Walking was fine. I didnt have any healthy food in the house to cook for dinner though.

So we went to albertsons and got fried chicken.
I had a coffee and a kefir for breakfast = 315
and a tuna sandwich for lunch = 200
I had about 5 potato wedge fries, and 2 chicken thighs, and one small hawaiin roll.

Does anyone know how much 1 piece of fried thigh is?

I tryed to look online for albertsons but it only said breast or leg.
I dont think I went over 1700.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #22  
Committed to this

Well I barely got through last night without snacking. (I ate an extra cheese stick, but was still fine on WW points for the day because I had activity points I could use and the cheese stick did not use all of them).

I need some strategies to get through my evenings better. How do you all keep yourself from snacking too much at night?
Old 04-19-2011, 10:36 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 290/200/145

Height: 5'1

I would also like to join your group if that is ok. I am going to be starting weight watchers on my own at home and doing some form of exercise at home, either the elliptical or one of my leslie sansone dvds. I would like to lose 8lbs a month.

Take care!
Mushy201
mushy201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #24  
I AM healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic View Post
Well I barely got through last night without snacking. (I ate an extra cheese stick, but was still fine on WW points for the day because I had activity points I could use and the cheese stick did not use all of them).

I need some strategies to get through my evenings better. How do you all keep yourself from snacking too much at night?
Just keep doing your best.

I am a night time snacker too. So I plan for it.

The big trick for me is finding snacky stuff that isn't too salty, or that doesn't make me crave insane amounts of food!

I LOVE potato chips. But I could eat the whole dang bag! LOL

And I am taking a BIG bag.

Okay, so maybe not all in one setting. but in 2 settings. lol

I LOVE popcorn. But I like ...you guessed it! I like to eat the WHOLE bAG! haha

I was halfin it. But I really am beginning to doubt the cals it says. The one I adore is pop secret real butter.

It says 35 cals per cup, but regular no butter pop corn is the same.

And very salty...so for now I am taking a break of it.

My snack of choice right now is gold fish.

Measure out 1/2 a cup = 150 cals, or if I have enough 1 cup = 300 cals.

Something I know helps me curb the insane food urges is to have a smoothie every day.

Some days i run out of fruit. But ya know.

1 apple, 1 orange, 1 banana, 1/2 cup blue berries, 2 cups spinach. I usually have that for break fast and then 1 cup of kefir: think yogurt drink.

Some time later. I drink 1 big cup of coffee too.

Lunch is usually tuna, light mayo, with oroweat thin sandwich bread(100 cals for 2 slices)
Old 04-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #25  
I AM healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushy201 View Post
I would also like to join your group if that is ok. I am going to be starting weight watchers on my own at home and doing some form of exercise at home, either the elliptical or one of my leslie sansone dvds. I would like to lose 8lbs a month.

Take care!
Mushy201
Hi Mushy! Of course you can join us! you can do it! Just jump in!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:41 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 287.2/250.0/165

Height: 5' 10"

Yesterday was pretty good. Ate within my calories and was able to get a little exercise in.

I had hoped to take a bubble bath last night, but horrible storms came through our area yesterday evening. Luckily it was not as bad as it was in some areas.

Evening snacking is tough for me as well. In the past, I have just planned out snacks to have in the evening.
MrsClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #27  
I AM healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsClaus View Post
Yesterday was pretty good. Ate within my calories and was able to get a little exercise in.

I had hoped to take a bubble bath last night, but horrible storms came through our area yesterday evening. Luckily it was not as bad as it was in some areas.

Evening snacking is tough for me as well. In the past, I have just planned out snacks to have in the evening.
That is great! Your off to a good start! Well today is day 10 of being completely on plan. Yeah!

Think I'll do a weigh in tomorrow!

How is everyone else doing?
Old 04-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #28  
300lbs in avatar

S/C/G: 339/287/225

Height: 5'9

Hi ladies! Is it too late for me to join?
CaliforniaDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:59 PM   #29  

Me too me too! Is it too late to join?
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #30  
I AM healthy!

Hi Honeybee and Rainbow! Of course you ladies can join us! The more the merrier!!

Glad to have you both!

Rainbow I think I have been reading one of your threads!

Okay so I decided to weigh in today!

I am down to 254.6. Yeah!

So that means I am down 14.1 lbs so far this time. It feels like so little in comparison to what I need to lose and what I lost last time, but, one step at a time.

I am in a really great frame of mind. I have pushed thru getting back on track and staying on track. I have the exercise muscle worked up again, and I am actively losing and seeing a diffference.

So i am stoked!

I took new pics 2 days ago and I can see a BIG difference from when i first took pics in feb and in march.

I know I have probably lost more then 14 lbs.

I know they say it takes alot to build up muscle and what not but I honestly think it looks like I have lost closer to 20 pounds!

Last edited by Jasmine31; 04-21-2011 at 10:30 AM.