Old 04-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #121  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

beverleyjoy, glad the goodies went out the door! It's tough to have that stuff around.

Anyhow, the weather was finally nice today. 77 degrees and sunny! Gorgeous, unfortunately I had a bunch of returns/exchanges at work so the sun was very little help. boooo!

I am gonna get on the bike tonight for 50 mins/10 miles and in a bit here I'm gonna make a salad for dinner. I just made some carrot/apple juice and it was soooooo good! Delicious.

I also blogged tonight about my journey with weight loss over the last 6 months or so, the ways things have changed, etc, if anyone wants to check it out, the link is in my sig.

I have pt tomorrow, and of course it's going to rain. blah.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:18 AM   #122  
Getting started

S/C/G: 260/tricker/159

Height: 5' 7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizz View Post
Hello everyone,

Being still a big fan of accountability and restarting my weight loss, I would like to follow this plan in April:

1. Only eat what is good for me - I am thinking a bit radically here and will drop candy and chips, crackers & co from my menu altogether and focus on meat, milk products, eggs, fruit, whole wheat bread and veggies instead.

2. Exercise daily - at least 30 mins. This is planned as a habit forming.

Bonus goal: go to the gym at least 14/27 days still left from April. Because I need to get over feeling insecure and out of place there and making it a regular thing should help with desensitisation, I hope.

I will post a for every day when goals 1 & 2 were met.

If the bonus goal is met, a new bag will be my reward. Happy accountability to all!

4 -
5 -
6 - - gym day: pilates (60 mins)
7 -
8 - - gym day: pilates (90 mins)
9 - - gym day: latin dance aerobic class (60 mins)
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
17 -
18 -
19 - - gym day: dance aerobic class (55 mins)
20 - - gym day: pilates (60 mins)
21 -
22 -
23 -
24 -
25 -
26 -
Honestly, I am here to rant a bit as an exercise. The above is my April (non-)adherence proof and should my perfectionist self not be totally mad? I am making an effort these days to be less hard on myself and more forgiving in general - to myself and others - and look at life from a less control freakish perspective, so the accountability thread comes in handy to exercise some self forgiveness. The odd part is though that with that April plan adherence I have actually lost 6 lbs in the last 3 weeks which is ridiculous, I mean, why ever should life reward me for being lazy? But instead of beating myself up about it, I will just try to be grateful and make an extra effort in the 5 days still left in April to adhere to my plan.

And I also wanted to share this to show that well, you reading this post, are sure not the only imperfect person around here but I love the fact that we still hang in there and try to make an honest effort for the better every day. Sooner or later it will start bearing fruit.
Lizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Just popping in for a quickie fly by **waves**

Got on the scale it has not moved. Bumped up my calories for 2-days last week trying to cycle around. I guess not moving is better than gaining considering my stress level as of late. Hoping things mellow out at work end of this week, beginning of next.

The down side is unless a miracle happens I am not going to make my mini goal which ticks me off !!! Overall my calories are good. Protein shakes for breakfast (whey/soy powder mixed w/almond milk,yogurt,fruit) , I've been taking a portion of cheerios for lunch to eat like snack mix and 2 prunes, then I have dinner and that depends on my calorie allotment for the day.

Had planned to try to walk to work today since I start a later shift today but it's raining. 43* and raining...atleast it's not snow. Spent all day Sunday out in the garden area working my hoe, spreading manure etc... got a little sunburn and am still sore but it was in the 50's and felt so good !!

Have a GREAT day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #124  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I had an appt w/ my endocrinologist this morning. She is THRILLED at how well I am doing. Unfortunately I also found out that I need to have a thyroid biopsy on Friday. Ugh. It's probably nothing, but still better to get it checked out.

Hope you are all having a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #125  
unabashed

I FINALLY LOST 2 lbs. I'm so close to the 220! 4 more lbs!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:06 AM   #126  
mj5

Good Morning!!! Ok, so I'm not freaking out about the thyroid biopsy quite as much as I was yesterday. Still NOT looking forward to it, of course. Luckily I was able to juggle some stuff around at work and now I have Thurs, Fri, and Monday off (and the weekend, of course). Of course....I received a phone call from my gyn office yesterday reminding me that my annual exam and mammogram is due so those are scheduled for Thursday. So much for a day off with no appts! Oh well, it will be good to get them done. I am going to "treat" myself to a little retail therapy after (SOMETHING to look forward to, LOL) AND I have Monday with no appts...just the gym, then some serious lounge time

Beverlyjoy--Good for you getting the goodies out of the house!

lottie--I know...finally warmer here, but the rain..CONGRATS on your loss!!!

Lizz--That's what its all about...hanging in there! Supporting each other through the struggles and cheering each other on through the successes! Congrats on your 6lb loss!

jab--Staying the same is always better than a gain! Ok, so you may not make your mini goal. Goals can be revised. It has to feel good that the garden area is coming together!

I just need to stay focused on what I am doing for myself...my food, my workouts, drinking water. I did email my trainer and let him know that my workouts Sat and Sun might be effected, but I'll deal with that when I get there. Obviously I need to be honest with myself. If I am not up to it, I need to rest. Or do something else...zumba might be too much, but a walk might be ok. We'll see....

Have a great day everyone!!!!

Do something nice for yourself, you deserve it! Paint your nails, put on some lipgloss/lipstick not because you are going anywhere, just because you can, put on your favorite scent, or whatever you do to "pamper" yourself
Old 04-27-2011, 09:32 AM   #127  
unabashed

have I mentioned my kitchen appliance addiction? I now want a food dehydrator. gah!
Old 04-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #128  
mj5

Good Morning! Hope you all have a great day! Today I have my annual exam and mammo..yippee...well, good to get them done. THEN some retail therapy for me! Zumba later and I can't wait!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #129  

The scale moved, 2 lbs down...finally...lol.

It has rained all week, hard soaking rain....I have standing pools of water in my flowerbeds and driveway. I am hoping my flowers don't rot before they have a chance to start this season. Can't work in the garden, can't go pick up another load of manure to spread in the garden and am not walking but on the bright side it is NOT snow.

I am going to put in some blueberry shrubs and have 2 plum trees on order. I have access to pick wild berries problem is harvest is usually low so I think putting a couple shrubs in my yard will net me better overall in the long run.

Had 2 different ppl comment to me that I looked like I had lost weight, which feels really good.

I was considering switching to a different protein powder for my shakes in the morning, but to be honest when you go online to compare it is mind boggling.

mj~ you will be in my thoughts and prayers, biopsy is one of those words that just naturally freaks everyone out!! Retail therapy sounds like fun!! I blew my budget buying stuff for the garden...shrubs, fruit trees, some rugosas for the one fence line and some new fencing for the veggie garden area. I wanted to double the size of it from previous years.

Lottie~ Congrats on the weight loss

**Big wave to everyone else, I know I am behind on the board**

I had gone back to the old homestead and dug up a trunkload of my flowers last year (remember I ran away from home year and half ago) . I was there the other day (I rarely go as it just brings back too many things I don't want to think about) and I honestly thought about digging up my hydrangea and a small cherry tree I put in the season before I left.
I then noticed some of my things were loaded on the husband's trailer to take to sell for scrap which hurt.

I guess he is cleaning out the attic and one of the sheds and instead of saying, hey did you want these things, he is selling them at a scrap metal yard. Now we talk all the time, I still cut his hair. I still help him out financially with the auto and home owner insurance not to mention other financial things, so it's not like we have been on bad terms or out of contact. I bought him a brand new stove for the kitchen just a few months ago cuz the old one died and I felt guilty. All of our children are adult, it's not like I am obligated to help him with anything. I do it in part because I feel guilty because I walked and in part because I care.

I wrestled off something that belonged to my great grandfather and something that had belonged to my grandmother from the pile and put them in my car. Other stuff was crushed/mangled so he could make as much fit on the trailer as possible because it is sold by weight.
I know what the deal is, it's not anger it's just he doesn't care. He never has stopped to think about how his actions will affect someone else's feelings he just does what he wants and that is the way it ends... obviously I'm still upset, more than I realized since I am here rambling, sorry about that.

Work will soon be back to normal, I think...lol. My schedule has to be re-arranged because the new supervisor is having trouble learning the system and of course is super slow so I need to shadow to try to help. The problem is she just starts pushing keys on the keyboard instead of asking. I told her you have to read what is on the screen and pushing the wrong thing or a series of the wrong things will/could be worse than doing nothing. We also have another newbie starting next week so I am unsure how I am going to juggle that too. Guess I'm still stressed.

Well gotta trot and get ready for work before I dump the rest of my life here...lol.

Sorry, but it feels good to vent some.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:04 AM   #130  
unabashed

After tuesday's PT, I am not ready to go back today. I'm going to have to cancel. sigh. I'm just still SO tender if she touched me I might cry.

I started doing yoga last night. I was able to do 20 mins,and even did a plank! I could never do those. Still can't do a side plank. Maybe in a month or so. I can't get past the side plank actually. ha. I'll just keep doing the first 20 mins in hopes of building up some strength.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:17 PM   #131  
mj5

And the news just keeps getting better.....I have several large cysts on both ovaries. Awesome. I have to go back on Monday for more tests and then meet w/ the Dr to decide the plan...probably lap. surgery to remove them. I have had them before, and had the lap. before, just NOT a great week for MJ!!!

The good news is, my mammo was fine (yea!) and I had fun doing some retail therapy. I found an awesome pair of "Born" shoes on clearance for $20 and a great pair of jeans, also on clearance THEN went to back to back zumba classes....yep, I'm tired, but a good tired.

jab--I'm so sorry. Ramble away! That's what we are here for. Oh and I totally hear you on the proten poweder! I just use what my trainer told me to...that made it easier! Thanks...I just can't wait for it to be over with!!! OH and congrats on your loss!!! That's awesome!

lottie--oh no, hope you are feeling better!

I'll check in tomorrow at some point. Have a great night!

Last edited by mj5; 04-28-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 PM   #132  

The scale moved the wrong way this morning, up to 253 but I'm moderately confidant it was because I had eaten breakfast AND because of my "off" day yesterday with the goodness that was fried chicken (seriously, it tasted like heaven).

Today, I am back full on schedule so I should see some more loss here in a few days.

Food:
Breakfast:
2 soft boiled eggs (140 calories)
2 pieces of toast, no butter (160 calories.)
1 cup orange juice, no pulp (110 calories.)
Total: 410

Mid-morning snack:
Ambrosia apple (80 calories).
No fat chocolate pudding cup (90 calories)
Total: 170

Afternoon snack:
Small banana (72 calories)
1 mini-Babybel cheese round (60 calories)
Total: 132

At work snack:
1 Larabar (Chocolate-chocolate chip) (190 calories)
This was actually supposed to be part of my late evening snack, but I think my TOM is approaching and I am RAVENOUS right now.
Water.
Total: 190

Dinner:
1 President's Choice BBQ chicken breast (120 calories)
Large salad (about 2-1/2 cups) made with romaine lettuce, radishes, celery, carrots, cucumber, broccoli and cauliflower. (about 50-60 calories I think).
1 Tbspl Walmart branch cesar dressing (60 calories)
Water.
Total: 240ish

Evening snack:
1 package frozen edemame beans from Costco (100 calories) seasoned with Mrs. Dash "Southwest Chipotle" spice (0 calories).
Water.
Total: 100

Midnight snack: (potentially but not concrete, depends on how I feel, may not happen.
10 Popchips (54 calories)
1, 100-calorie can of Coke (100 calories).
Total: 154

Daily total: 1396

I know I should probably have more fruit, but I find that fruit doesn't fill me up.

As for exercise, nada. I know, I know. Yesterday it was pouring rain and cold, plus I was up early for my training session with my second job, then I had errands and then I had to go to work.

Today, I was up slightly less early, but I had to work for my second (at-home) job for 1-1/2 hours, then get dinner/lunch ready for work, shower, dress, and after that there was no time to do anything but take the dog for a few throws of fetch in the yard. Tomorrow is my day off, I'm hoping to put in the minutes for the second job and then take the mutt to the park where I can walk on the trail there.

I'm also going for a nice walk on Saturday with a coworker at one of the local lakes.

I should do Dance Central this weekend too. 20 minutes of dancing goes by fact.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #133  
mj5

Hi everyone! Well, the thyroid biopsy was not bad at all. A little uncomfortable, but really not bad. Phew, that's over! I was up bright and early and went to the gym and got in a great workout. I am feeling pretty good now, so as long as I feel good in the morning I will still go to zumba. I have been really paying attention to my food, just in case I wasn't able to workout, so it's all good.

Hope you are all having a great evening!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #134  

mj~ Glad to hear you got the thyroid biopsy out of the way. Big bummer about the ovaries... I was very glad to get rid of all my plumbing some years back, it just kept breaking down..lol.

Rainbowgirl ~ your menu sounded good !! The scale will bounce back the right way soon enough.

Lottie ~ hope you are feeling better, and that is a great job on the plank

I'm just on break from my chores and thought to give a wave.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend!!
Old 04-30-2011, 05:04 PM   #135  
mj5

Hi everyone! We actually had sunshine today! It was gorgeous!!! upper 60's and super sunny. LOVE it! Zumba was awesome. I was still a little sore, but not too bad, so I went. I'm really glad I did. After lunch, I went to my brother and sister in laws, so practice prom makeup w/ one of my niece's. That was fun. She is hilarious! We had a great time! And, we came up with a great prom makeup look for her. She normally doesn't wear much makeup, but for prom she wants something special. I can't wait to do her makeup that day!

Tomorrow back to zumba, then just chillin w/ hubby!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!