Old 04-09-2011, 07:03 AM   #46  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--How are you holding up today?

K9Owner--LOL!!! Nope! We ALL look like a hot mess after class, that how I know I really did something!!! Sorry you missed a lot of your zumbathon. Have a great class today.

Speaking of zumba...one of my niece's texted me last night and said that her bff has been really wanting to try zumba, but is nervous to go to a class alone. So, Aunt Jo to the rescue! LOL!!! I immediately planned a 'girls day' and we are all going next Saturday morning to a class together. I am so excited! I told my niece that her friend can meet me at classes anytime she wants if she likes it, just so she isn't "walking in alone". They all super excited and so am I!

Today is going to be an awesome day. The weather is supposed to be sunny and warm(ish). I am going to zumba, then getting a massage, then spending the rest of the day with hubby. Perfect Saturday if you ask me!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:24 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends... first of all... thanks for your kind words and never ending support.

Yesterday I was able to have a healthy day. I am so, so grateful. I ate within my plan, drank lots of water, and did some stretches. I am hoping I can build on it. Perhaps, having the willingness to get on the scale yesterday morning gave me the willingness to try.

dxichic - glad to get those taxes done, I bet. I admire your bagging up the trail mix at church for the homeless.

Have a great weekend.

I tried reading alot of positive thinking quotes and materials. Actually, it was helpful.

MJ - I LOVE how much you love your zumba and are now spreading the good word of it. Go girl...go Aunt Jo!!!!

k9owner - thanks for your support. Great suggestions for getting more movement and exericises in my world. LOVE it.... another zumba lover.

drugz - thanks for the hug!! It felt good. Glad you are planning to get your exericse in.

lottie - so glad to hear your interview went well. Good that your fibro isn't too bad these days. My son has it, too. It can be so hard to live with sometimes. He needs to get LOTS of sleep to feel better.

jab - HI and have a great weekend. Enjoy the good weather.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #48  
mj5

Beverlyjoy--Great job yesterday!!!! Awww, thanks! Well, not so long ago...like November, LOL!!! that was me...I wanted to try it, but wasn't sure I was brave enough to go to the class...so I took my nieces with me. Little did I know, that ONE class was just the spark that I needed to get me really moving in the right direction! Now its my turn to re-pay the favor w/ my nieces friend.

I have also added a "Wellness" portion to my weekly staff meeting. I make sure I talk about a variety of topics to try to catch everyone's interests at one point or another (or they can suggest something to put on the agenda...which is even better). I have had three of my staff tell me that they have either started using or signed up for gym memberships. Another staff person has started going to TOPS meetings and loves them. She has already lost three lbs and feels great. Everyone at work tells me I'm "infectious in a good way", LOL! I love it! A healtheir team can also be a happier, more productive team.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:48 PM   #49  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Heya everyone, wow I'm behind on here, hope all are doing well.

I don't think I'll be hearing back from the gym unfortunately. I'm not even sure why, the interview was great.

Whatever.

I'm looking to the future, I'm worried, but, I'm going to apply for a job within' my company as an asst manager at a store that is outside my current region but is hiring an asst with hopes of them becoming a manager within' 6-12 months.

It's 45 mins or so away by bus. maybe an hour, but for the money and benefits, it would be worth it. I love the company I work for, and I"m good at my job, so I"m hoping for this to work out. I'll be discussing it with my current manager soon. I'll need a good word.

I'm down 2 lbs this week. yay. A little glimmer of goodness in this otherwise craptastic stressful week.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #50  
mj5

Good Morning! Just popping in quick before I head to zumba.

lottie--That stinks about the gym job. Grr. That would be super good news about the promotion, though. Awesome 2lb loss!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #51  
unabashed

scratch promotion, doing something else. something concrete.

Anyhow, today was crazy busy, got a new a/c, spice rack, salad spinner, groceries and a wire hangy fruit basket thing.

also saw the play, 'next to normal', it was good.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:10 AM   #52  
NewBody=Drugz4Me

S/C/G: 275's?/Ticker/150

Height: 5'9

My knee has been really hurting today so i just did some callanetics..didn't track my food for today and yesterday. Eh no big, i'll be back on it tomorrow!'

Hope everyone has a great monday!
Drugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:54 AM   #53  
unabashed

today is weigh in for this biggest loser challenge I'm doing over on spark, I have lost 2 lbs so far, I'll weigh in a min, I hope I lost 1 more.

eeep.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Here we are at Monday once again. Got only about 3/4 of my to do list done this weekend.

My one daughter is at her lay-over in Detroit on her way to Florida. I'm trying to be upbeat because I know the job market here is tapped out and she has a better chance where she is going.

I had my protein drink for breakfast, my cheerios packed for lunch and am off to a stress filled day...lol

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:33 AM   #55  
mj5

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well.

Today is my official weigh in day. I lost 3lbs! With all of the work stress and everything last week I am happy with that.

Have a great day!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

I am skipping water aerobics today in lieu of yard work - weeding, raking, yuck! Most of the weeds out here have pokey, picky, sticky thorns. Got a 1/2 acre to see to and a 1200 sf garden to get back in shape for spring planting.

BeverlyJoy - Good job climbing back on the horse. Let's just take it slow.

Drugz - Hope your knee feels better soon and you're back at it today!

mj5 - Great job on the 3#!!

Lottie - Great job on the 2#!! I once had a three tiered wire basket and loved it but kitchen renovation eliminated niche it was in.

jab - Wow! You got 75% of your chores done!!!! That impressive!

K9 - Hope you are recovered from the super work you had to do this weekend.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #57  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I have a feeling this is going to be a bad week LOL I have a lot of evenings out planned, and there will be some birthday cake eaten somewhere in there so I did it a bit light today...

br: cheerios and orange, coffee
lu: turkey sandwich with cranberry, scoop of baked beans
din: spicy pepper chicken with quinoa

fruit or veg for snacks, that's about it!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #58  
Getting started

S/C/G: 260/tricker/159

Height: 5' 7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottie63 View Post
scratch promotion, doing something else. something concrete.

Anyhow, today was crazy busy, got a new a/c, spice rack, salad spinner, groceries and a wire hangy fruit basket thing.

also saw the play, 'next to normal', it was good.
Hey Lottie, change will come your way or more likely, I have a feeling that you will make change happen for yourself from a professional point of view sooner rather then later. I am crossing my fingers for you to find a new job that suits you well, should you decide that it is time to go for it.

Good luck with the weigh-in!
Lizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:46 PM   #59  
My name is Mare, hello!

S/C/G: 265/255/165

Height: 5'7"

I have 786 calories left for the day, so my plan is to not over eat at dinner. I need to figure out how many calories are in spaghetti with meat sauce. I plan on grilling some zucchini and yellow squash as well. I just love that stuff.
MEH1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Sit yourself down for this. I went to my appointment with my Orthopedic Surgeon today to once again schedule my foot/ankle surgery. It had been November since I had seen him. He took xrays and had me walking around, up and down on my tiptoes, and more. Asked me how it was feeling. I said some improved, because basically I have not done much for the past year. He said that this tendon had healed a little more. (apparently Tendons heal very slowly). He said that he didn't think he wanted to do the surgery at this time. (I nearly fainted) That there is a different kind of brace I can try on my foot/ankle that might work for me - and be all I need. That my foot has improved enough and he wants to try the brace before doing this big surgery with the long recovery time. Surgery is the very last resort. I was dumbfounded and speechless. (an usual thing for me) He thinks it could work. If it doesn't then he will do the surgery later. He repeated, surgery is the last resort.

So go figure. I am happy, in shock and really don't know what to think. Maybe, just maybe, all the wierd delays was 'the reason' it all happened the way it did. Time will tell.

I don't know if this is going to be the magic cure. But, I am ready to try.

I am in absolute shock.

Also...yesterday was a healthy day...so grateful. I: planned/measured/logged, lots of water, wieghed, stretches/strengthening/recupbent bike, no seconds, left a bite.........and.........ate seated only. I stopped myself from any licks, nibbles, tastes, etc. I am really proud of that.

Well - I need to digest all this news.

Have a great day.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote