Old 03-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottie63 View Post
I weigh everyday because it keeps me accountable. I know once I stop weighing daily I'm starting down a slippery slope because I most likely am scared of the numbers.
This.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #17  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

When I was actively losing, I'd weigh in every Monday morning. Weighing every day drove me insane LOL But now that I'm pretty much where I want to be, I weigh in daily after my shower. If I notice an upward swing continuing more than 2 days, i'm ON IT. Never gain back more than .4 this way, so I'm hoping to do it the rest of my life. I ain't taking that 160 lbs back (holy F*&# 160?!)
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #18  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I weigh everyday and record it and then look at the trend over a period of two weeks. It can be a little frustrating when you see little spikes but it's almost ALWAYS water retention from salty meals or crazy workouts. You get less concerned with the day to day and more concerned with the week to week. I find this method is good because when people try to lose weight, they are often SO focused on every passing minute that they get discouraged when they don't see results immediately. Filling your life with other things to keep you busy in the interim makes getting to goal less stressful. Fat loss can take a while, so I try not to make it the sole reason for getting up in the morning. That's not to say I haven't wanted to scream at some points!
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:22 AM   #19  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

I weigh everyday and I like monitoring what my weight looks like on a daily basis. I know that if I weigh 2 pounds heavier one day, it's not because I gained 2 pounds of fat ~ it's probably water retention and all that good stuff, so I pay attention to my body.

My official weigh-in day is Friday, so it's nice to weigh daily because let's say I weigh 186 on Friday, then get down to 184 on Wednesday, but weigh in the next Friday at 185...I will at least have seen the 184 and know that it is on the way!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #20  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I weigh every day. When I first entered maintenance I tried switching to only once or twice per week but found I missed seeing the daily number.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:08 AM   #21  
Serious Ju Ju!

S/C/G: 260/see ticker /175

Height: 5 10 ( I hate being taller than all the cute guys!!!)

I used to weigh every day, but no loss or even a slight gain (especially the 5 pounds Auntie Flo brings) depressed me. So now I weigh on the 1st and the 15th. The HOPEFULLY big loss it shows is a great reward and Im not obsessing
seashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 335/313.6

Height: 5'4

i weigh daily also, a lot of times several times throughout the day, and i love how for me there is no consistency i can weigh, then use the restroom, weigh again and have gained..also i can lose weight after a meal..lol.so i just take the lowest one for my daily weight. i think it helps me remember to eat the right foods, if i have a gain it is usually because i didn't eat veggies (or not enough) the day before, i know that seems silly but its been a trend on the scale for me.
and i actually enjoy weighing..when i wake up and just lay in bed thinking that i want to go back to sleep i will remember oh lets go weigh...so i will actually get up for it...which is huge!!!! im not a pop out of bed and do anything girl!
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:41 AM   #23  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

I weigh daily, so I can track fluctuations and see what helps my body and what hinders. Not that you can see anything like that in the span of a day (except maybe that massive influx of sodium I had last week... up 2lbs the next day).

That, and I'm neurotic and impatient and want instant gratification. I'm also afraid that if I don't weigh everyday I'll end up gaining. Kinda the opposite of what I want to happen.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #24  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSharing83 View Post
I only count my Sunday weigh-ins because I like to know my progress and monitor it consistently. I can't weigh just once a month because I am too impatient, so weekly seems to be a good balance for me.

I occasionally take a peek at the scales during the week just to see what they say and help keep me in check, but I don't change my ticker or anything until Sunday.
Same here. Once a week, Sundays :-) However, I too peek during the week!
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

At first, I weighed every day, but Sunday has always been my official day and the only day I actually recorded. Then for a while I only even looked once a week because I thought I was being too obsessive. The last 6 weeks I have looked and recorded every day for a couple of reasons. Mainly, I wanted to track how my menstrual cycle effected weight loss and gain (10 pound difference - CRAZY).

I have really slowed down now (I went from 2-4 pounds a week to about 4 pounds a month now) and it is interesting to see when the ounces come off - and STAY off. I plan on making a chart of 2 months worth to see the fun bounces all over the place. As long as the end weight is lower then the first weight, whatever happens in the middle is just fluff!
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #26  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I also weigh every day, but only write down my weight on Monday. I need that daily accountability. In the past, if I am not weighing, I am not trying. It's way too easy for me to bury my head in the sand.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #27  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Another daily weigher here. I weigh in the morning after peeing and nursing the baby. I chart it on a graph, that way I can see the ups and downs of a daily weigh, but the general downward trend of my weight.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #28  

S/C/G: HW211(MRC-SW193.6)/182/130

Height: 5'0"

I weigh several times a day. The fluctuations throughout the day don't bother me. I'm used to them and can even guess what my weight will be the next morning based on what I weigh at night. It helps keep me focused. :-)
mandiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 241/239/130

Height: 5'0"

I weigh once daily (although I have weighed twice a day in the past).

I get frustrated weighing every day but I'm so worried about gaining/maintaining without knowing it for an entire week. I really would like to be confident enough to weigh just once a week. I want to try and do that.

Once, I agreed to have my husband hide my scale from me for a week! I ended up losing more weight that time because I wasn't sabotaging myself when I saw a gain or stall that upset me. Logically, I know it's normal to see fluctuations from day-to-day but I really struggle with it anyway.

I need to find a way to get myself to weigh just once a week! Time to hide the scale again
laueliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:57 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

When I first started I was weighing every day, but I found myself making lots of excuses for any variant--not good. Last year I managed a month without weighing, but just now I'm weighing once a week.
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote