Old 11-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #16  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Hi everyone,

I was really glad to find this forum. I need to lose 100+ pounds. Having and giving support will be a big help. I have been lurking a few days and I have already been encouraged.

First name: Cheryl

Geographical location: South Carolina

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 4 grown children

Pets: 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Internet, non-active things!

Height: 5 ft. 2 in

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: August 18, 2008 (This time!)

Starting Weight: 282

Present Weight: 260

Goal Weight: I do not want to set a goal weight at this time. It is too overwhelming to think of how much weight I need to lose. I am looking at 5 pounds at a time as I hope to lose 5 pounds a month.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Being around tempting food in many places.

Following any specific plan: I am using exchanges given me by a nutritionist but also counting the calories. I will lose a pound a week if I consume 3500 calories a week less than I use so that is what I plan to do. I many turn lose of the calories someday and just use the exchanges but not today.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
There are two things that are different for me this time.
1- My mobility was affected and that really scared me. I have already lost enough weight to help that.
2 – I have a son in college. He was feeling a bit overwhelmed when considering the number of courses he would need and the length of time that it will take him. I reminded him that when he was a freshman in high school, he did not stop to think about the number of courses he would need to graduate. Neither did he stop to think “It is going to take me FOUR years to graduate high school.” Going to school was his life and before he knew it, he was graduating. I told him to do the same thing with college. Just do what he needs to do today and graduation day would be here in no time.
Then a light bulb went off in my head. The same is true for me with losing weight and getting healthy. There is no quick fix. I just have to do whatever is needed TODAY. If I do that everyday, one day I will realize that it is graduation day because I will be at a healthy weight.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:02 AM   #17  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I just realized that I never put a profile up!

First name: Tammy

Geographical location: BC Canada

Children/Ages:3 Madeline is 7, Olivia is 5, Phoenix is 2

Pets: 1 dog Loki, a pembroke welsh corgi, 2 cats: Casper a maine coon and Frodo a blue and white persian

Hobbies/Interests: reading, walking, sewing

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: brown eyes and brownish black hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: My starting date was September 27

Starting Weight: 376

Present Weight: 330.6

Goal Weight: 140 to start... probably lower

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: my emotional and boredom eating. And the fact that I would not eat all day and then gorge at night

Following any specific plan: calorie counting at 1800 a day. Eating mostly clean. Organic. Traditional eating.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm eating a wide variety of foods. I've stayed on plan for twice as long as I've EVER stuck to a diet. I woke up one day, went shopping, bought healthy foods and ran with it. There was not working up to it, researching, nothing. I just did it. And that's what I do. I just do it. Because it's not an option.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am so happy to be losing weight. I am so happy that I feel better, and look better and sleep better and do everything better. I am so relieved that in the next two years I will out of the obese danger zone and fit and healthy.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #18  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I just discovered that, even though I have been on the 100 lb Club for almost 4 years, I've never filled out a profile. So.........what you've all been waiting for! LOL

First name: Jeanette

Geographical location: Space & Treasure Coast, FL

Marital Status: in a long term relationship

Children/Ages: "stepson", age 21

Pets: five cats (three indoor and two outdoor) and an evil bird

Hobbies/Interests: karaoke, TV, sports, ballroom dance

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes, auburn hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I start every single day...today happens to be 12/11/08

Starting Weight: 340 lbs

Present Weight: 338.8 lbs 12/11/08

Goal Weight: 170 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Making a total lifestyle change and NOT a temporary reduction plan

Following any specific plan: not at the moment--I've got Diet ADD! I've tried just about everything.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm ready.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Thanks for all the love and support over the last four years!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:27 PM   #19  

First name:Chloe

Geographical location:College in Indiana, Oregon on vacation times

Marital Status:single

Children/Ages:none!yay!

Pets:we have four dogs, three cats, and two rats. my dad's a vet so we've always had a lot of animals

Hobbies/Interests:music, rugby, reading, painting nails

Height:5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: both dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:12-29-2008

Starting Weight:246

Present Weight:246

Goal Weight:140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Bingeing, recovery from bulimia, making healthful choices

Following any specific plan:trying to stay between 1200 and 1400 calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Less restricting, eating disorder treatment

Anything else you would like to share with usefinitely ready to make a change!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #20  

Height: 5ft6'

First name: Tracey

Geographical location: Nova Scotia, Canada

Marital Status:married

Children/Ages:9,6,4,2

Pets:a chihuahua and a cat (Echo and Punk)

Hobbies/Interests: I play an MMORPG with my hubby, I love to read, movies, taking pics, anything to do with my kids

Height:5ft6in

Eye/Hair Color:brown and brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:um...for official sake lets say jan 1st, 2009

Starting Weight:255lbs

Present Weight:255lbs

Goal Weight:130lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: constantly wanting to eat and not making time for myself to exercise

Following any specific plan:nope

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have spent the last 9 years overweight. I dont want it to be a decade. I dont want to look back on my twenties as the fat years.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #21  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

First name: lottie (sn)

Geographical location: Pittsburgh

Marital Status: against marriage but have been with bf for 14 yrs this march

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: one kitty furbaby!

Hobbies/Interests: reading, writing

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: green/auburn

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: September 15th

Starting Weight: 299

Present Weight: 275

Goal Weight: 190, then 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: nibbling

Following any specific plan: low glycemic index 1500 calorie diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: my real dad (who I didn't know) recently died. He had diabetes and lost both legs, went blind and then died of kidney failure. MAJOR MOTIVATION!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just that I LOVE this site.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:25 AM   #22  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

First name: Glenda

Geographical location: Pinehurst, NC

Marital Status: Married ~ Mostly Happily but with a slight chance of irritation

Children/Ages: Daughter 8 yrs

Pets: 1 Miniature Dachshund/Black & Tan named Taffy ~ 5 Jack Dempsey Cichlids in a 55 gallon tank ~ 4 glow light tetras & 2 cory cats in a 20 gallon tank ~ 1 yellow bellied slider named Tuck and 10 of his goldfish pals.

Hobbies/Interests: Throwing parties, cooking, tailgating, crafts...

Height: 5' 0"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes ~ Dark blond/light brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Everyday

Starting Weight:255

Present Weight:255

Goal Weight: under 200 for now

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying motivated, staying on plan, getting bored with food, carbs.

Following any specific plan: Non-Specific Low Carb (Dr Recommended due to health condition)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:

Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Anything else you would like to share with us:

I'm really frustrated with every aspect of my life right now. I'm not sure what to do about it. The main thing that is bothering me is my weight because I think everything that bothers me, all leads back to how heavy I am. My weight is preventing me from doing the everyday things that need to be done, what ever those things may be. I needed somewhere to turn so I decided to Google ~ I'm feeling lucky, "Weight Loss Message boards" and this one popped up. I came and lurked for a little bit and I like what I have seen so far. I'm looking for support without criticism as I have encountered criticism on other forums. It is one of the things that has prevented me from continuing on with other sites. I hope this Message Board will be different.

Last edited by hpnodat; 01-22-2009 at 12:26 AM.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #23  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

First name: Randee

Geographical location: Oregon

Marital Status:In a relationship

Children/Ages:Son is 12, Daughter is 10

Pets:none

Hobbies/Interests:scrapbooking, playing games with the kiddos

Height:5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan 1, 08...slacked a bit but started again Jan 1, 09

Starting Weight:283

Present Weight:237

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: PIZZA and Starbucks!! I just gotta say NO!

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: IM DOING IT FOR ME THIS TIME!! Before I was doing it for selfish reasons..its MY time now!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I just want to say thanks for all the support this board offers everyone!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:51 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

First name: Jo

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 3 cats, Reynolds, Kaylee, and Auggy

Hobbies/Interests: All things Geekdom.

Eye/Hair Color: Blue gray/strawberry blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 7th, 2009

Starting Weight: 280 lbs

Present Weight: 190 lbs (As of Apr 29, 2011)

Goal Weight: 150 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My own subconscious. If I'm not constantly vigilant, I reach for junk food without even thinking.

Following any specific plan: Counting my calories and exercising at the gym.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've found the patience and awareness that I need to get this done. The further into this plan I get, the more I discover about myself. It's truly becoming a journey of a lifetime.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Who'da thunk lazy ol' me would get addicted to exercise?

Last edited by Jo Kittibuck; 04-29-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Updating info
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:15 PM   #25  
Keep on going!

S/C/G: 278.3/see ticker/135

First name: Kit

Geographical location: Ontario

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: a son, almost 2

Pets: some fish

Hobbies/Interests: reading, dancing.. huge movie fan, travel , scrapbooking, internet

Eye/Hair Color: brown & brown

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: for the millionth time, but more committed than ever this time.. started march 5th 09

Starting Weight: 260

Present Weight: 249

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: accepting that I wont be doing this perfectly .. I always tend to give up after I did something I felt I shouldnt, or missed out on a workout etc , & I have pcos, just seem to feel more discouraged about it coming off not quick enough.. I have almost no patience! lol

Following any specific plan: no not really , just lowering my carbs & sugar intake .. and no more pop

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: finally woke up, finally committed.. other times yes i really wanted to lose but I wasn't really to fully commit to a lifestyle change .. and im agoraphobic, so im just really sick of not being able to get out.. and I really want to be be doing more with my son.. especially this summer.. so I have the extra motivation now & Im doing some things differently that's been a big help in curbing my hunger/cravings

Anything else you would like to share with us: ive lost weight twice in bigger amounts before.. I never really was over weight until i was 17 I think .. I was 170 & got down to 134 .. then I ballooned to 220 & got down to 159 .. I actually gained little during pregnancy , but gained about 30 lbs afterwords having to deal with post postpartum depression & a lot of stress/anxiety in home life
alsten02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:33 PM   #26  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Default Introducing myself to 100+ club

First name: Cary

Geographical location: North Carolina (originally a Michigander but got tired of the winters)

Marital Status: Single

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: singing, reading, and now working out

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, long brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: April 20, 2009

Starting Weight: 265?

Present Weight: don't know

Goal Weight: 210

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: actually starting so I've already overcome that hurdle!

Following any specific plan: Tracking energy balance via mypyramidtracker.gov

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I can't "win" when I use scale to measure progress. If doing better than expected, then I ease off on efforts and if worse than expected, I give up. So absolutely no scale this time until I calculate I've lost 50 lbs (which is why I don't know my starting weight)

Anything else you would like to share with us: Why yes, I am a geek to come up with such a mathmatically based plan!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #27  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Introduction/Bio for the 100+ club

First name: Michelle (even though username is "diyana" - you can call me either or both.

Geographical location: Wisconsin

Pets: 3 dogs - 2 males, 1 female

Hobbies/Interests: Gardening, fishing, exercising, listening to music, watching TV, creating websites, surfing the web, crafts

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Green, blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time....June 10, 2009

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 234

Goal Weight: 150ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying committed no matter what!

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am going to stick with it, working around the obstacles that life and my body (illness/injury) may throw at me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've been on 3FC for awhile and really appreciate the opportunity to give and receive support!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:59 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Default bio

First name: Cindy

Geographical location: Colorado

Marital Status: Happily Married

Children/Ages: 3 sons, ages 19-21

Pets: 2 elderly Basenjis

Hobbies/Interests: I love to read, go to the theatre, garden and spend time with the Hubby.

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July1, 2009

Starting Weight: 253

Present Weight: Haven't weighed myself yet.

Goal Weight: 153

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: a mind set that says 'I'll fail this time--again.'

Following any specific plan: Bistro MD. Treadmill every day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Annual check up did not give me the best news--and my knees hurt all the time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I find this completely overwhelming. I'm just at the point where I want to start SOMEWHERE and figure out what works for me. DH and sons are very supportive--that counts for alot!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:20 AM   #29  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

First name: Karen

Geographical location: Nevada

Marital Status: in a relationship

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: a tuxedo cat

Hobbies/Interests: drawing/digital coloring

Height: 5' 8"

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: starting over today (7/9/09), my last "journey" was in '04 when I lost around 70 pounds and have somehow managed to keep it off since

Starting Weight: 360+(?)

Present Weight: 285

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: staying motivated to cook and exercise as opposed to eating out and staying in, plus avoiding any soft drinks (can't have diet as I have bad reactions to artificial sweeteners but of course I shouldn't have regular either).

Following any specific plan: undecided

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: cooking for two and not just for myself

Anything else you would like to share with us: I dropped nearly everything I knew and moved to another state to start my life all over with someone I met online. My boyfriend has been very supportive of me, but I've battled with depression and have had a hard time adjusting to all the changes I've been through. I've actually been diagnosed with depression in the past and sometimes wonder if I'm manic-depressive or have a touch of OCD. I haven't had a chance to make any friends since I've moved except for online ones, and since my boyfriend works a lot I tend to get lonely. I also have a history with asthma, which got pretty bad when my weight was higher. I'm hoping I'll have even better control of it if I can drop some more pounds; it certainly can't hurt, right?
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

First name: Ubergirl

Geographical location: Pennsylvania

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 18,14,12,4

Pets: puppy

Hobbies/Interests: reading, swimming

Height: 5.8"

Eye/Hair Color:blue, blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:6/19.2009

Starting Weight: 295

Present Weight:284

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: a history of failure

Following any specific plan: counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have just achieved a life-long professional dream. But I realize I need the professional appearance to go with it. I work in a profession where getting out to meet and greet is important, and I have a tendency to hide because I'm embarrassed about my weight. Now, someone has really taken a chance on me, and I feel like I need to take advantage of it, because this is my shot!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote