Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 02:55 PM   #16  

Default hi Guys!

Here goes my two cents. First for those having a hard time. Please don't give up. That is the trick, something will evntually click and you will able to do it. This is coming from an 80 pound looser who thought I could not do it again. At one point I could only diet 1/2 of day and I would give up. But finally one day a year and half ago I decided to stop the insanity and I did it on pure wil-power and want to. I beg of you girls never to give up there is a light at the end of the tunnel as long as you don't give up.

Well here is my wish list:

I wish I could see the guy that screamed out of his jeep as I was crossing the street "harpoon the whale" I'll never forget those words and show him what a mermaid I am turning out to be and of course slap him around a little, ha! ha! ha!

I wish I could see the lady at the mall which thought I did not understand spanish ( and was talking about me with someone )and telling them why did she let herself go like that, what a shame she is so young) and show her who looks better now.

And last but not least I would like to show all of those that said "what a pretty face but what a shame" that there is no shame left just in there face for saying things like that.

Well sending all a great bit
group hug and keep going..........
Old 11-08-2002, 02:55 PM   #17  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally posted by JacobsMommy
Jennelle and Dana - I feel your pain. I'm in a slump too. I hate this. But I keep trying...well...I keep acting like I'm trying...I keep thinking that I am am going to start trying...and then I just eat some more.
I know this feeling so well!!!

I miss phentermine. I wish I could have it back.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:53 PM   #18  
Old Cackler

sandi... if you want to try the meridia again, talk to your doc about taking it at night rather than in the morning. it affects your serotonin levels, which as we all know TOO WELL affects our mood. and add into that an obvious time-of-day effect for you [and since serotonin levels cycle during the day], trying the meridia at a different time MIGHT help..

just a thought.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:36 PM   #19  
missaprylj

OMG! I have NEW-FOUND motivation! Next year at this time, (if all goes well) I'll be getting my temporary driver's license... and I KNOW we're all going to pass them around.... EEEEEEEEK. I don't want people's eyes to bug out of their heads when they see mine! :P Peace. -Apryl

Old 11-09-2002, 09:32 AM   #20  
Old Cackler

apryl??? DRIVING???? should the rest of us in other parts of the country be WORRIED about this/??????? should we clear off the roads for awhile??
Old 11-09-2002, 11:14 AM   #21  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Apryl - It's a woman's perogative to lie about her weight on her driver's license! When I worked at K-Mart a few years ago, I would have to check people's ID when they wrote checks or used credit cards. In our state, all the personal info is right up near the top where the license number is, so I would see it by default. Do you know that most very, very overweight women listed their weight as 125? I would like to do a survey on driver's license weights. In fact, I think I'll post a poll now!

Be careful out there on the streets!
Old 11-09-2002, 11:26 PM   #22  
missaprylj

Ha-Ha Jiffypop... very funny!! Considering I've never even really sat on the driver's side, let alone driven yet, you might have to clear the roads... especially Slimdown since we're in the same state! Muahahaha! Jennelle, that is too funny, yet, so believable! LOL. Could you imagine being the person that took the information for the licenses? It would be hard not to just "change" it for them *devlish grin* Well, goodnight everyone. Peace! -Apryl

Old 11-09-2002, 11:32 PM   #23  
Losing Again!

1. I love spending time outdoors, and if I were in better shape and much lighter, backpacking would be much easier on the bod. It's one thing for someone who weighs a normal weight to throw 45-60 extra pounds on their back, but for me, that's huge.

2. My 10 year high school reunion is just two years away, and I am scared to death to go already. I would love to walk in and watch them all pick their mouths back up off the floor.

3. All the cute clothes at the mall that don't cost an arm and a leg.

4. for more confidence, I know who I am and that there are great things about me that someone someday will fall in love with, but right now, I'm having a hard time getting out there for fear of what others will think.
Old 11-10-2002, 01:03 PM   #24  

Daners, you just reminded me of another one ... but it's sort of tied up with all kinds of things! I want to get thin so I can be serious about a singing career (specifically, jazz). The "other things" are: well, first, I really can't do a whole lot about that right now because I'm a stay at home mom and don't have the flexibility for that kind of life-style; and second, as many of us know, carrying around this extra fat gives us an excuse for failure! Hey, it's not because I can't sing, it's because I'm fat! (oh, yeah? any of you who have gone to see jazz on a regular basis, I KNOW you've seen large women singing!)

Pen
265/218.5/150ish
Old 11-10-2002, 08:30 PM   #25  
Old Cackler

oh pen!!!! it's so cool that you said that!!! i'm looking for a voice teacher right now!! it's been a lifelong ambition to sing scat and torch songs, and after what i've been through the past couple of years, it's time to do it!!

i'll keep you posted. i already have a feather boa. does that count? oh,. and i'll ALWAYS have the cleavage.. now, all i need is a voice and accompanist!
Old 11-10-2002, 10:10 PM   #26  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Hi Jiffypop! I play keyboard. . .I'd be delighted to be your accompanist!!! We can take it on the road!

*smiles* irishwings
Old 11-11-2002, 12:55 AM   #27  

Jiffy, I imagine you may have a hard time finding a voice teacher who can teach you those things! (not impossible, but hard) A voice teacher can help you with your support, range and such ... but if you want to learn to scat: listen to lots of music! Vocalists, certainly, but also listen to the instrumentalists.

I need a piano player too, Irish! I guess a guitarist would do -- or there's a commercial on right now with a woman (a LARGE woman, BTW) singing with just a bass player!

Scooby-dwap-a-dwee-ah -- do woo!

Pen
Old 11-11-2002, 09:10 AM   #28  
Old Cackler

we can hope, pen.. but i DO have an advantage... one of the world's best college jazz programs is about 10 minutes from here.. and they've had sherill bentine [sp?] there as a guest instructor...
Old 12-04-2002, 04:34 PM   #29  

Default I am doing it because....

- I want to make love WITH the lights on (or at least a night light lol)
- It is the ultimate humiliation when I run into someone I have no seen in a while, and they get tongue-tied trying to avoid commenting on my weight
- I am having a breast reduction in the spring, as reconstructive surgery, and want to be as near to a normal weight as possible so that I heal well, and end up with the right proportions
- All those b***** that sneer at me (and the a******* as well) - I want to see them be the ones that are embarassed and uncomfortable!

So, some of my reasons are as petty as anyone else's....but those are the ones that give me a kick in the butt!
Old 12-04-2002, 04:49 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Default and me, i want to...

1. shop with people. i tend to only shop on my own cuz i don't want them to have to go to the "fat" stores and help me choose something that only looks "less bad" than the others.

2. weigh less than my boyfriend.

3. not have to worry about taking up too much room in bus seats or on benches.

4. sit on people's laps without crushing them.

5. like goddess jessica, i love dancing. swing dancing. and i want guys to ask ME to dance.

6. i want guys to flirt with me so i can shoot them down. heh. i have a wonderful guy who loves me for ME, not my body... but...

7. i want to look good for him. =)
Closed Thread