Old 11-07-2010, 11:14 AM   #16  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I am having a lazy day today w/ the dogs!! Back to the gym tomorrow.

Hope you are all having a great OP day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Yesterday was a healthy food day...always grateful for that.

Today is some PT on my foot ( formerly known as the good foot) I am hoping for the best.

today:
breakfast - banana/pnb smoothie, morningstar bacon
snack - 1/2 peach
lunch - egg whites scramble with cheese, toast, veggies
snack - cereal, cottage cheese, apple
dinner - chicken & brown rice soup, veggies
snack - rice cake

shout out to MJ, Lottie, Slashnl, anewcreation, mychoiice2bfit, and anyone else that stops by.

Have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-08-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #18  
mj5

Good Morning! Back to reality today!

Beverlyjoy--How did the pt go?

I have my healthy lunch and snacks packed. My gym days this week are: Tues, Wed, and Fri. I am happy to report that I lost 2lbs last week! I was shocked when I stepped on the scale this am. I really tried while I was at the conference. I knew I wasn't perfectly OP, but I tried and I took some really nice long walks. I am very proud of myself.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 11-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #19  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. Well, I lost a couple of pounds over the past few weeks. I hadn't weighed in quite awhile. My vacation is going hunting, so there is a lot of walking. Good to see a loss. Need to get some more weight off!!!!

MJ - Congrats on the weight loss! Yay you!

Beverly - Hope you get to call your foot a "good" foot soon!

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I was off visiting my son this last week. Good fun and while I thought I was on plan I come home to find that my weight is up by 5#'s. I am freaking out in my head but I have a plan on paper that is going to get me back on track. I am hoping that this is water gain because while I managed my portions, we did eat out a lot. I was very active but I did have way too many carbs. Justified in my mind, because we were doing a lot of painting (new apt) and walking every where. My body just can not handle simple carbs, even if they are within my calorie count.

I am sick to death of coming here once a week, confessing my failures. Everything in me wants to avoid this thread because I fear everyone else is sick of me failing. Intellectually, I think this is not true. We all struggle. Many of you may even feel as I do. The important thing is to force myself back for accountability. So, in the past, I would have avoided this site, avoided this thread, gone back to my old ways and regained (+ a little more) and completely failed.

NOT ANYMORE. I am back. I remember the loathing and regret I would feel every time I regained. I got out one of my old cookbooks that I started using over 6 months ago. I have a menu plan written out and when I get off the computer I am off to the grocery store. I am going to have to eliminate eating out for a time. That's really going to be hard for me because I eat out a lot. I'm just going to have to do it. There just is no other way for me. Back to the basics that work. What works for me is following a low G.I. way of eating. Cooking my own food. Making time (and it takes time to make out a menu plan, shop and cook) because, I know it works. I like the food. The recipes are calorie conscious, healthy, and very filling.

Okay, confessional over. Thanks for listening and thanks ahead of time for any and all support. I'm outta here

Have a great day!

Last edited by ANewCreation; 11-08-2010 at 03:02 PM.
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:24 AM   #21  

Hi chicks - I stayed on my plan yesterday - I am grateful. Physical therapy is moving forward and I am hoping for the best. I am feeling very stressed and my stomach is reacting to that. So, I am eating in a way that will calm it down. I know it’s just plain stress. I must do more meditation. That should help.

I am starting to get calls for work this school year. It saddens me so much to still be saying no because of all this foot/ankle stuff. I just want to get my life back.

I am trying to stay/act positive with everyone. No need for everyone else to be a party to my frustration. It’s nice to have a place here at 3fc where I can just say how it is. I know that you all care about me despite all the ‘stuff’ going on and there’s no judgment. I feel the same way about you all and your ‘stuff’ too.

Today:
I WILL meditate
Plan, measure, log food
Do my exercises
No eating standing - I am getting sloppy with this again
No second helpings
Fork down between bites, slow down
More mindful eating
Journal food and feelings and tasks
Lots of water

breakfast - cottage cheese and banana, toast with pnb

snack - cucumber

lunch - mushroom soup, veggies, cheese on rice cake

snack - fiber muffin

dinner - salad with chicken and lite cheese, crutons, evoo/vinegar

snack - rice cake

MJ - I am doing a happy dance at your weight loss! You did better than you thought…wonderful!

Slashnl - weight loss for you too! This is so awesome. All that outside exercise is making it happen. Great!

anew creation - sorry the scale went up when you felt it should not have. It’s tough when you aren’t home. It may wooosh down being some water weight. Having a plan is key, I think. I agree it will be the planning that will bring it all back together. I am so glad you aren’t ‘running away’ from here. That’s what we all want to do. There’s no judgment, but, only hope and support the best we can. I LOVE that you are making time for you, planning and setting yourself up for success.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-09-2010 at 05:27 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:28 AM   #22  
Diane

Well.... I'm having trouble getting to the gym. It's amazing how many excuses I have. So, I didn't make it today. I will try tomorrow.

ANewCreation - There is no one who is "sick" of hearing from you, either with failures or successes. I know that I hate to admit the failures, too, but that's part of our accountability. I am having gym phobia lately, so that's my failure! Thanks for sharing your stories, too!

Beverly - I hope that you can move past the foot issues soon. Hang in there!
Old 11-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #23  

Beverlyjoy, Slashnl--thank you for your encouragement. Such kind words mean a lot to me right now. I am so grateful to be here in this thread. I was freaking out yesterday but I feel I'm back on solid ground.

mj5, Slashnl--congrats on the weight loss! I'm so happy for you!

Beverlyjoy, sounds like PT is working. I know it must be hard and uncomfortable at times. Please know that we're all wishing you the best as you move forward. I hope your stress levels are coming down and your stomach feels better soon.

I went out shopping yesterday, armed with my list of good healthy foods to prepare the awesome recipes I selected. I had an amazing lunch and an awesome dinner. My calorie total for the day was 1675. I was aiming for 1700 so I did good

This morning I had an interesting breakfast. I put it on the list as just something to try and wasn't sure if I would like it. It was low calorie, easy to fix and turns out to be a keeper! Pesto scrambled eggs on a bed of wilted lettuce with a bit of shredded parmesan on top. Very quick and easy to make. The recipe called for egg whites only (hence my hesitation) but, I've got to tell you that with the pesto mixed in I couldn't tell. Only 279c for a nice portion. Happy dance!

I'm hoping that each and everyone of you is having a great on plan day full of joy
Old 11-10-2010, 05:33 AM   #24  

Hi Chicks! Yesterday was a healthy day - I am grateful. I got on the scale today and am down two pounds from last week. I am so happy to see this. I did my exercises, planned/logged food, drank water, did my journal and did my meditation (yay).

Today is PT.

I am glad I did my meditation yesterday and I plan to do it today - it usually makes the day go better.

I am trying to not eat after dinner except something right before bed to go with my bedtime medications. This seems to be helping my acid reflux and heartburn. I am grateful.

breakfast - cottage cheese and banana, pnb toast

snack - cucumber slices

lunch - egg white scramble with lite cheese, toast, green beans

snack - fiber muffin

dinner - turkey burger with cheese, lite mayo, salad with evoo/vinegar, garlic toast

snack - dry cherrios

anewcreation - thanks to you for your kind support. So good that you have filled the cupboards and fridge with healthy foods. That is the first step to eating healthfully. I am glad you are feeling better. Pesto and eggs sound yummy - good idea.

slashnl -I hope you made it to the gym!!

mj - Hi...hope you are having a great day.

Friends...be kind to yourself.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:46 AM   #25  
mj5

Hi!! I'm here!!!! Oh goodness...yesterday was so busy, I kept trying to get here and just didn't. I had my weekly call w/ wellness coach last night and it was awesome to be able to tell him that I lost 2lbs while away. He is helping me change up my workout routine (I'm getting bored with it)--that's what we are working on for this week.

I went to the gym last night. Had a great workout. It feels SO good to say that. Gym again tonight.

Saturday my middle niece (she's 12) and I are getting mani/pedi to celebrate her being chosen for her volleyball team captain. She is SO excited!!!

Have a great OP day!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #26  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Hello ladies, hope everyone is doing well.

I have been On Plan for 22 days.

My first goal was 7

Then 30

I'm attempting to do a year with no cheating. If I want something it will have to fit into my cal allotment.

I'm having serious family stress right now. I avoided a bowl of pasta the other day because it's a trigger food and while I can have a bit sometimes, that was not the night to have it. I thought I would be okay by today but the bad news just keeps coming so I"m staying away. Bf will have to eat the leftovers. ha.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #27  
mj5

Hi!

lottie--You are doing awesome! Yikes, family stress is no fun. Good for you for avoiding the pasta...Thinking about you and hoping that things get better soon.

I didn't get to the gym last night. Ugh. Frustrated w/ myself. I got out of work late and just didn't go. I need to get back into my routine. It will happen, I have to make it happen.

Have a great OP day!!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:21 AM   #28  
Diane

Hi everyone. I MADE IT TO THE GYM! Finally. It was a really tough spin class, but I just kept telling myself that it is my fault that it was like that and that I just have to tough it out again for awhile. Now I just have to make it become a routine again. So, tomorrow I must make it to Body Pump class.

Lottie - I read your other post about the stress you are having. I am so sorry you have to go through this. I hope that everything works out for you. Hang in there.

MJ - How funny you talk about needing to be back in your routine. Gosh I know what you mean. Are we living the same life? Ha!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #29  

Good morning chickies!

Beverlyjoy--Congrats on a 2# loss!!!!
mj5--Congrats to you also on a 2# loss! Enjoy your manicure/pedicure with your niece!
lottie63--I'm sorry to hear about the family stress, but kudo's to you for resisting the pasta! Stay strong my friend, you can do this
Slashnl--Congrats on getting back to the gym. It's hard to get back on track but you're doing great!

This week has been going well. I guess it wasn't water weight because there has been no big drop but the good news is that I'm down about a pound. Staying on track with my food and still swimming.

I tried a new breakfast food this morning. Have you ever heard of quinoa flakes? Quinoa is very high in protein, and it's a whole grain. I have had it as a side dish before and always liked it. When I found it in the flaked form at the health food store I thought it would make a great quick breakfast. I put a little artificial sweetner in it and some light butter. It was fabulous! And filling.

Well, I'm off to the pool. Have a great OP day!
Old 11-11-2010, 01:04 PM   #30  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

So, the last few days have been **** around here.

all sorts of family drama, you guys are right and thanks for the kind words.

Things might be calming down, but honestly since august it's been like, I never know what will happen next.

I have stayed On Plan through it all though. So I feel really proud.

Today I have therapy, augh, thank whatever god is listening! :P

I dont know what lunch or dinner will be yet today but for breakfast I had a wheat bagel thin, half cup cottage cheese, 2 egg whites with 1 serv cheese and 1 cup of vanilla silk.

Also, LOVE the kinect! Oh man it is amazing! I played volleyball last night for my upper body workout and it was so great! It was fun and i could really feel it. This silly game is going to help my fibro so much. I can tell already!

Also tomorrow will be 30 days since my last binge, and it will also be about 1.5 months since I last ate at the chinese buffet (my downfall!)

Have a great On Plan day everyone! , and any of you trying to make it to the gym who have, congrats, and those that haven't, not only CAN you do it, but you SHOULD!

Last edited by lottie63; 11-11-2010 at 01:05 PM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote