Old 11-23-2010, 09:56 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

When I was at Shul on Friday night (Synagogue) I had the very best salad EVER......I even HATE spinach but it was guess what??? A Spinach salad...

Spinach, almonds, soy sauce, splenda (instead of sugar), chow mein noodles

SO low in fat and calories....I made a whole bowl of it for this week to eat through out the week. SO FAR its been incredible!!!!!!!!!!

Love finding new stuff I never thought I would like and end up loving it

You can even substitute the Spinach for green leaf salad etc....it is awesome
readytobeme2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Good morning chickies! A big welcome to the new kids

This is a busy week. In addition to Thanksgiving, my son's birthday was yesterday. So, I'm going to be brief.

My weight is down another pound. Another 2 #'s to go and I will be at my ticker weight. I have upped the exercise. I am walking on the treadmill when I'm too busy to get to the pool. I am also really watching not only what I eat in terms of calories but also the kinds of foods I eat.

I am planning on eating turkey, 1/2 baked sweet potato, and lots of roasted veggies on the big day. I am also filling a custard cup with pumpkin pie filling so I can have a more healthy version of dessert. And some fat free whipped topping. Yummy!

I wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving! May we all stay on plan and enjoy our blessings surrounded by loved ones!

See everyone after the holiday
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:54 PM   #63  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

readytobeme2010--good for you!!! It's always great to find new yummy, healthy foods.

ANewCreation--busy busy!!!!

So..........I just got off the phone w/ my wellness coach. We were having a great chat and before I knew it, I had committed to going to a zumba class on Thanksgiving morning (yes, there is one)....yikes! Ok, I said I would do it, so I will. Maybe I can ask one of my nieces of they want to go too......
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #64  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

heya ladies, I had a hard night last night. Stayed On Plan, but didn't fall asleep until around 5, had to take a sleeping pill for that. I was just a weepy sobbing mess, and needed to calm down and sleep.

Which means I didn't wake up today until 4. ha. So since I havent eaten yet and I"m going to bed early, I have a bunch of cals I can use for lunch. I'm gonna get a laredo veggie burger (mexican style?) at rock bottom, my friend is treating. wooo!

Then I'll prolly just have pasta and veggies for dinner.

I didn't drink my water or excercise last night. boooo! I was just too upset to do much of anything.

Anyhow, I woke up to a whoosh! I lost 4 lbs!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:25 AM   #65  
unabashed

Today was better!

I did 30 mins of exercise all at the same time! Woooo!

I'm only 2 lbs from being in a new 'decade'....I can't wait!

We're doing Thanksgiving tomorrow here, excitement!
Old 11-24-2010, 05:48 AM   #66  
mj5

Good Morning!!!!

lottie--sorry to hear you had a bad night, but wow, what a recovery! Great job!!!!

My nails came out really pretty--the color is "cherries on top" a very pretty deep red. It was so nice to just sit and relax for a few mins!

One of my niece's just did zumba yesterday at school and loved it, so she jumped at the chance to go with me tomorrow morning. No backing out now! I'm glad too, this is a studio I have wanted to check out, they have lots of class times that are pretty convenient and Sat and Sun classes too.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 06:02 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends... checking in. My family from out of town is here. I've been making plans for healthful choices with a few tastes of traditional favorites.

Hope you alll have a GREAT time the next few days.

for today:
I will make healthfull choices today -

breakfast - pnb toast,apple

lunch - cottage cheese and 1/2 banan, toast

snack - fiber cereal, milk

dinner - Hong Kong Sea bass, bok choy, brown rice

snack - rice cake
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:52 AM   #68  
unabashed

hellloooo! Gotta run and get ready for work, but here is today:

b: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 pear
l: fresh mixed veggies with 1 cup brown rice
d: nut roast with light gravy, homemade mashed sweet potatoes, zucchini-yellow squash-carrot-seasoned side dish.
s: apple cinnamon, no cholesterol recipe of 1 fiber one muffin
Old 11-24-2010, 08:15 AM   #69  
unabashed

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I woke up and did my kinect zen game. (tai chi/yoga type stuff). I realized how nice and warm and stretched my muscles feel after a workout. I was just thinking that if I did the zen in the morning, since it's not anything hardcore, it might help my pain when I"m at work standing. I feel good now, so we shall see!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:30 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks...home my American friends had a nice Thanksgiving! The good news is I only took one helping/plate of food for supper. However, I was 'snacky' yesterday. Today I've planned for a healthy day:

- pnb toast, apple

- cottage cheese, asparagus, rice cakes

- fiber cereal, milk

- big veggie salad with turkey, lite cheese, evoo, b. vinegar, homemade crutons

- rice cakes.

Have a GREAT day, friends.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:42 AM   #71  
mj5

Hi everyone! I followed through and went to zumba yesterday morning! It was SO much fun. My nieces loved it too. It totally helped me stay on plan all day yesterday too. Today I will get groceries and visit w/ family. I would love to go to another zumba class, but I'm not sure my knee would be able to take it, so I am going to wait until next weekend before I attempt another one.

Have a great OP day!
Old 11-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #72  
unabashed

I couldn't sleep last night. fell 'asleep' around 5, but it was fitful at best. Then, I kept waking up thinking I was late for work, so I was like, screw this, and just got up a half a half an hour early. Today is going to suuuuuuuck at work.

Misery

b: 2 servings slim cottage cheese, 1 apple, 1 arnolds wheat thin, 1 cup homemade almond milk.

dunno what else yet.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:09 AM   #73  
mj5

lottie--I hope you survived work yesterday! My hubby's store was super busy....he was so tired when he came home last night.

Tonight we are going to my younger brother's for a game night. I am really looking forward to it. There will be lots of snacks, so I need to drink lots of water and pay attention to what I am eating.

Have a great day everyone!!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #74  
mj5

Hi everyone! Hope you are enjoying what is left of the weekend. I am feeling a bit icky today...fighting a cold. I am going to snuggle w/ the dogs and watch some movies. I am glad I did a bunch of cooking yesterday, so I just have to heat up dinner later! Hubby has to work, but at least he will be home to have dinner!!!

Have a great day!
Old 11-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Hello Chickies!

I survived! Weight is exactly the same today as it was the last time I weighed. Nothing lost but nothing gained! I feel like a winner I am proud to say I worked out everyday before Thanksgiving so I know that helped out a lot but I've been so busy hosting and visiting that I haven't worked out since then. Tomorrow I get right back to it

Here's wishing you all good health and sticking to the plan you have in the next month!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote