Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 12:50 PM   #1  

Default HElP !!!

I need help! I am basically house bound! I have a great support with my husband, as he gets home @3:00. everyday he asks what do you want do honey? I always reply nothing! I have posted afew times , but can't seem to locate them I get up and just do nothing but sit @ the computer. I used to love taking care of my home,but now I can't get moyivated. as all I want to do is sit and eat junk I weigh 250lbs, and I'm 5'2' I'm going to this lady in my town @ 4:00 that has a Goal Weight clinic. Never heard of it before and it's been in my town for 10 years and is only 2 miles from me You all sound so supportive Have a good day P.S. does anyone have a problem with urine leaking? Sorry to be so graphic Thanks for listening :
Old 10-16-2002, 02:11 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Default Welcome!

Hi! So glad you're here--you will get the support you need--and if you don't, speak up!

Quote:
I have a great support with my husband, as he gets home @3:00. everyday he asks what do you want do honey? I always reply nothing!
Tell him you want to go for a walk around the block! I'd love for someone to say that to me!

Quote:
I have posted afew times , but can't seem to locate them
Well, if you click on your profile, it will let you click another link to see all your posts. It will search them out for you.

Quote:
P.S. does anyone have a problem with urine leaking?
I will answer this question in a Private Message, as it's a very private matter, that I don't think anyone but you wants to hear about.

Anyway, welcome and good luck @ 4 today--let us know what this lady says.
Old 10-16-2002, 04:56 PM   #3  

Welcome!

I'm glad to hear that you are motivated to do something. Pretty face is right, you should tell your husband you want to go for a walk. If anything it will get you out in the fresh air and that should make you feel better. I know it always does for me.

I hope that you find the support that you need here. Post often, and remember that we are all struggling with the weight issues.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:35 PM   #4  

Default Re: Welcome!

Quote:
Originally posted by SuchAPrettyFace
Hi! So glad you're here--you will get the support you need--and if you don't, speak up!

Tell him you want to go for a walk around the block! I'd love for someone to say that to me!

Well, if you click on your profile, it will let you click another link to see all your posts. It will search them out for you.

I will answer this question in a Private Message, as it's a very private matter, that I don't think anyone but you wants to hear about.

Anyway, welcome and good luck @ 4 today--let us know what this lady says.
Old 10-16-2002, 07:30 PM   #5  
hot mom wanna be!

I just wanted to say welcome and post here as often as you want. It helps us all. The more we post -if we are doing well or not-the better we do!
good luck to you!
laura
Old 10-16-2002, 07:32 PM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Godschild - I really like your name. We are all God's children, and we all owe it to Him to take care of the earthly body he's given us.

So, on that note, welcome! I know you will find all the support you need here. Some of your things in your post lead me to think that maybe some of your weight problem is due to undiagnosed depression. (I know depression sure makes me eat!) Maybe you should see a therapist for a professional opinion.

Good luck!
Old 10-16-2002, 07:48 PM   #7  

Welcome, Godschild!! You've taken the first step by coming here. I'm fairly new myself and I've already received such great feedback, motivation, and inspiration. Good luck with your endeavors. I look forward to hearing from you about the health clinic. Take care.

Lainie
Old 10-16-2002, 08:43 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

Default oh honey...

here, dear. have a hug.... it'll be ok.

but what's going on with you? sounds like stress. depression. something is quite literally eating you!!!!!

now, instead of sitting at the computer all day, maybe you could start small. i'm not talking about walking a half mile just yet. just walking in place for 5 minutes at a time every hour. yes. just start SOMEWHERE.

how did the goal weight clinic appt go?

just stay and hang out with us. a bunch of great ladies. and very smart ones, too.
Old 10-16-2002, 10:45 PM   #9  

Thank you all When DH got home we went for a walk I put you all in my prayers and thanked God for you responding to me I'm not going back to look @ all of your names as I will learn them all soon I did not get in with the the weigh in lady as of yet, but I walked and ate everything healthy I know my depression is my weight and I have a daughter that is giving us fits and she is 29 years old Our DGD lives with her and she won't let us see her ,as DGD will tell us the drinking that goes on @ their apartment How do I get a personal message As , you were so kind to discuss the urinating I'm going to try to locate the profile , to enter! Thank you for your thoughtful messages
Love and blessings to all, Godschild
Old 10-16-2002, 11:40 PM   #10  
Catwoman

Dear Godschild,

Welcome to the site
If you want some info on leaking just do a seach at any pregancy site, One in three women have this problem at some stage and it can be treated, there are special exersizes you can do and hopefully will get completly better. It's a big problem with pregnancy so all big sites address it.
Good to hear your eating healthy and feeling more positive, Good luck

Kitty
Old 10-17-2002, 08:07 AM   #11  

I think Jenelle may be right about the depression ... I think a lot of us have probably been in your shoes. Even a little therapy can help. And exercise releases a natural anti-depressant (which I recommend you try before someone tries to put you on medication). Doing some light weight-lifting is a quick way to give you a boost -- at least it has been for me -- so you might want to explore some simple resistance exercises you can do, as well as the walking.

It must be wonderful to have such a supportive husband. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter giving you such trouble and heartache, and I hope your granddaughter is not in any danger ...

Oh, and another thing: you said you're housebound -- does that mean you can't go out or you choose not to go out? If you can go out, would it possible for you to get a part-time job or do some volunteering? This would get you out among people, another thing that would boost your psyche and get you a little busy. I imagine you belong to a church? They may be able to help you out in this respect. There's a woman at my church who is rather large and partially disabled who volunteers doing office work at the church.

I wish you the best! Stick around and keep us informed!
Pen
255/221/150ish
Old 10-17-2002, 09:47 AM   #12  

Welcome Godschild (I love your name, too!) It's tough, tough, tough getting started, but we HAVE to start somewhere. Start small & take it one day at a time... better yet, take it one minute at a time!

:grouphugs: We're all here whenever you need support!
Old 10-17-2002, 06:41 PM   #13  

Hello! Thank you! All of who wrote me! I did get out last night! I did not get to see the weight counselor , but I will I got up and got fully dressed , and I thank you all very much! Love and blessings to all of you, Godschild
Old 10-18-2002, 05:38 PM   #14  
Old Cackler

so, godschild. what's the scoop for today??? how did it go? any good weekend plans?
Old 10-18-2002, 10:19 PM   #15  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Welcome!!! I'm a little late, but I have been away.

I am so proud of you for getting out. Does that mean that you are housebound by choice?

This is a great group of women. If your looking for support and motivation then you have come to the right place!!

Again...WELCOME!!
Closed Thread