Old 07-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Beverlyjoy - thought of you often today & hoping you are able to find some peace about your upcoming surgery And hope everything went smoothly today with the colonoscopy!

TXMary - well, down .6 is a lot better than being up .6! Take the small victories where you can get them

mj5 - have FUN at zumba tomorrow!!

ANewCreation - glad you were able to have an OP week even during such a busy time. A block party sounds like so much fun! Hope your shoulder gets back to 100% soon!

As for me, today was the busiest day at work I've had in a long time. I'm on vacation all of next week so there was a lot to get ready for that & then it seemed just one thing after another imploded every time I turned around! Oh, well - it's over now & I got as much done as I could before my vacation. I'm not going to fret over it & just kick back & enjoy the next 9 work-free days!!

Got up & worked out this morning for 50 minutes of HIIT on the elliptical for 4.5 miles. Food has been good so far & I'm working to not fall back on the old "overeat on Friday because it was a long week & I'm stressed." It's 7:40pm, & so far so good. I HAVE to find another way than food to unwind after stressful days!

One thing I'm committing to doing while on vacation is check in here every day. I definitely don't want to fall into the mindset where I think "well, it's my vacation - I'll just eat whatever!" I'm going to keep up with the exercise & keep my calories on plan.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday evening
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:28 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chickies....the colonoscopy went well. Normal is good!!! Thanks so much for your good thoughts. When I got home I was willing to not overeat to make up for not eating the day before. I am grateful for that. This morning I saw 199 on the scale. Of course, it's NOT REAL - a leftover from the colonoscopy prep. But, it was so good to see that I really am wanting to get there even more.

I will be calling to schedule my surgery next week. Many components to think about. I have loads of questions. Also, I want to check out the fees of the various places. We don't have very good health insurance now. (it seems strange because we always have until now - a way for DH's company to save money)

My sore jaw is improving day by day. Aren't I a wreck....but, working on it. LOL

breakfast - oatmeal, blueberries, milk, pnb spoon

lunch - cottage cheese, 3-4 ou sweet potato, steamed cauliflower, lite margerine

snack - cereal, milk, asparagus

dinner - turkey polish sausage, corn on the cob, steamed parsnips

snack - cheese, applesauce,

I need to get back into my routine:

plan/log/measure/count calories
lots of water
fork down between bites
slow mindful eating
taste the food!!!
eat sitting only
stretches and strengthening

Mingle - thanks so much of thinking of me and wishing me well. Kudo’s for your great exercise. So nice to have a vacation coming up!!

MJ - thanks for the hug. I hope zumba was fun!!

anew creation - sorry to hear about your shoulder. I am glad you’ve found a way to work out without injuring further. Your neighborhood party sounds like fun!

Shout out to folks stopping by. Have a great, healthy weekend.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 07-03-2010 at 10:54 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #33  

Good afternoon, ladies Hope you are all having a wonderful holiday weekend!

Beverlyjoy - glad the results were normal yesterday! Good luck with scheduling your surgery

Having a good day so far. Went swimming at my mother-in-law's, got groceries & am getting ready to go workout. Will do a lower body interval workout & a upper body interval training for 50 minutes total. Food has been good so far.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!
Old 07-04-2010, 07:57 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks! Yesterday was a really good healthy day...I am so grateful. DH wanted to go out to dinner and I was able to switch gears to get something very healthy and have enough for today's lunch.

Cookout today with friends...It's also my Mom's birthday. It will be fun.

Have a GREAT day.

breakfast - cottage cheese, applesauce, bread and butter

lunch - steamed fish, brown rice, cabbage

snack - cereal, milk

dinner - morningstar garden burger, green bean salad, bun

snack - cheese, crackers, sf pudding

Mingle - I am so impress with your wonderful workouts. You rock.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:50 AM   #35  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Happy 4th of July!

Beverlyjoy--Happy bday to mom, too!!!

Not much planned today, hubby has to work, but he is getting out early, so we will cookout later.

No zumba yesterday...the instructor had a family emergency, BUT she left "free class" coupons on the door of the studio for anyone who showed up. I WILL be there next Saturday!!!!

Have a great OP day!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #36  

Happy 4th of July, ladies!

beverlyjoy - hope your mom had a great birthday

mj5 - bummer about zumba! Can't wait to hear about your class next Saturday!

As for me, I ate too much last night. It was stupid stuff, too. Sigh. Oh well, today has been great so far & at 9:51pm, I am getting ready to call it a night. I did a 25 minute bootcamp workout & a 25 minute total body interval training workout. We let all of our fireworks off last night with the neighbors & had a great time. Today has been very low-key & I've loved every minute of it!

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!