Old 02-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Oops...forgot the last part of my post.

You were at the beginning of my list my dear Beverlyjoy, and I accidently missed it as I was writing it electronically. How could I forget you! Just wanted to say CONGRATS on the weight loss! Thanks so much for the kind words...You are such an inspiration.
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #17  

Hey Chicas,

Thanks all for the encouragement. I’m feeling a little better. Trying to fake it til I make it, at least. It’s just gonna be a struggle til it isn’t, I guess.

@brandijune44 – Thanks. I’m feeling a tiny bit better today. I’m just frustrated, I think.

@rakel – it’s so hard to reign it back in once you go off, isn’t it? With your next meal, see if you can do one healthy thing. Maybe that’ll get you back to that good feeling you had.

Morning
6 oz Strawberry nonfat 3
1 serving(s) Peanut Butter Cliff Bar 5

Midday
1/8 cup(s) Reduced fat mild cheddar shredded cheese 1
SF jello - 0
Chef Salad 5

Evening
2/3 Turkey Lasanga 6

Snacks/desserts
1 cup(s) grapes 1
2 serving(s) kettle corn sml bag 4
100 cal pack – 2
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #18  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. I’m happy today because I made it through spin class, and my knee didn’t explode. Always good when your knee is in one piece as you walk out of class. I’m going to try the yoga/pilates class again tomorrow, but I’ll need to watch what I do and take it easy. I don’t want to take a giant step backwards again. It is just irritating to have injuries. I’ll tell you, when I watch the Olympics… in particular the moguls skiing… I just can’t imagine how they have any knee function at all. Gosh, I feel sorry for them when they hit their 40’s!!

I wasn’t great on food yesterday. Well, I was good until I went home. I don’t know why my mind thinks I’m starving, but it did. My body is not starving, but my mind is convinced that I need to eat more than what is on plan.

MJ: Glad you had fun with “Girls Day”! Good stuff! Sounds like you have a good day at the gym planned!

Soulnik: I’m sorry you were feeling down. I hope you are feeling stronger today! I think you need to go check out some of the success stories and see the amazing things that others have done. You can totally do this!!! We all can! We just have to keep taking it day by day, step by step. Hang in there, we are behind you 100%!!

Brandi: You keep with it too. I think being sick can bring you down, so stay strong through it all! Might be a good idea to hide that scale!

Snowbound: How fun running around with your 8 year old. Fun exercise!

Rakel: Gosh I know how you feel. It can be hard controlling that sweet tooth. Try to talk yourself out of it each time. Stay strong!

dgramie: Hope your daughter was successful. How did it go for her?

Beverly: Sounds like you are doing great!! Yay you!

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

Yeah! Scale down to 306lb this morning.

Yesterday was an okay day.Lunch was grilled cheese, dinner was hamburger helper, no snacking all day and single servings. I had 2 lattes fro 70cal each and lot's of water. And NO Pepsi!!! Yay!

Today so far.

Breakfast: 1 slice toast with peanut butter, 1 latte 12oz.
Snack: 1 apple
Lunch: leftover hamburger helper
Dinner: will be chicken and salad.

Exercise today, I did 1 mile of the walk and punch WATP, all I had time for this morning and the 15 min recess with the boy kicking the soccer ball. We do it inside in the ancillary room (padded floor). We have fun.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

slash- my daughter wont know anything for about 6 weeks.In fact she will be just about ready to take her last test before she finds out about this one. So far she has passed both test before today.
brandi- boil chicken breast,shred, add seedless grapes ,Mircle whip light, I add a bit of plain yogurt if I have it. oh salt and pepper of course.
POP day for me...
spent the whole day sewing
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:03 AM   #21  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

My goal tomorrow: start with the basics. Record every morsel that hits my palette and own it! No more sneaking! And, for goodness sakse, just because you're moving doesn't mean you can throw out all exercise! DO IT GIRL!!!

Okay, now that I've given myself a good swift kick in the rear, I now need to get to bed!!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:36 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - yesterday was a healthy food day. I am very very grateful. I am having alot of foot pain. I wanted to eat off my plan yesterday - but, I was able to distract myself and talk myself out of overeating. I am grateful.

lots of water
no seconds
fork down between bites
eat only when seated
TASTE my food
log food
meditation
stretches and strengthening
remember WHY

breakfast - grits, cheese, clementine
lunch - egg white scramble, mushrooms, onions, lite cheese, toast, veggies
snack - yogurt, fiber bar
dinner - tomato soup, cheese toast, salad
snack - cereal, 1/2 banana, skim milk

Brandijune - I am glad you are feeling better and good enough to get to the gym. I totally can relate to wanting to back off from weighing often. It works for many people, but, not me. Sometimes that number can mess with your head. I like weighing once a week. I think we have to figure what works best for each of us.

mj - don't worry about water weight. I am so glad you are feelilng good enough to work out. I hope that means your knee is doing better.

rakel - I am sorry you are struggling so. It's in the past - start fresh and carry on. I like you attitude of DO IT.

dgrammie - I am dealing with lots of snow too. I am glad you are ready to hop back on your plan. Enjoy that new grandbaby! What are thinbuns.

soulnic - yes, fake it if you need too! You can do this. Keep working your plan and it will work.

snowboundchick - YAY = glad the scale went down and you are doing your workouts.

slash - It's good that you are figuring out how much exercise you can do and not injure yourself. It can be a tricky thing.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-17-2010 at 05:43 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:32 AM   #23  

Height: 5'7"

bev- thin buns are really thin flat buns...they have 100 calories. I am eating the harvest grain brand this week but I also have tried pepperidge farms.I love them with peanut butter or eggs or lunch meat. THey just really hit the spot for me and dont cause carb cravings like other bread does. I just heard snow and ice for the weekend for us...GRRRRR I WANT SPRING!!!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good morning!

Yesterday went pretty well. I was able to stick to my plan of a salmon burger and a huge salad for dinner. I'm trying to cut down my bread intake to one meal a day (preferably lunch). My hubby makes homemade 100 cal thin buns...so it's not the easiest to stay out of

So I admit...I'm an addict. I told myself that I was going to go home after the gym and put my scale in the closet and what did I do? I went home and stepped right on that scale! I put it away though so hopefully I can resist at least for a while.

soulnik - I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better. If you don't mind me asking, were you able to get your blood sugar checked at Walgreens? Perhaps getting that balanced would help soothe your body and mind. Just a thought though. Keep on plugging along. One step in front of the next. You are doing great!

slashnl - I do that same thing when I get home! My mind says "eat, eat, EAT!" I try to remind myself that "I am in control! I choose what I eat!" But easier said than done, right? Your exercise plan is so inspiring! Have fun at yoga today!

snowboundchick - Yay for the scale going down! Keep up the great work AND the fun with your son! How cool is that!

dgramie - Thanks so much for the recipe! I am so going to try that this weekend after I get some miracle whip lite. I love getting new exciting ideas!

rakel - Great job for getting back on track! Way to motivate yourself! Today is a new day. You will do great!

beverlyjoy - Hope your foot is feeling better! No fun! Great job at staying OP with food yesterday even when you didn't want to! Stay warm and have a great day!

My plan today:
b - apple, lite coconut milk, cereal - 4
s - yogurt, banana - 5
l - cottage cheese, pretzels - 5
s - orange - 1
d - large taco salad with ground turkey - 7
s - 4 whole grain cookies - 1

Exercise: 60 minutes elliptical
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #25  

Hey Chicas,

I am feeling better today. Food’s been good. Walked each day this week. My team at work has decided to do a healthy living competition called “The Game On Diet”. Don’t know a lot about it yet but it’s more about gaining points for healthy behaviors than about losing pounds. I like that better than the Biggest Loser challenge. I’m working out with my BL team tonight.

I’m giving up TV for Lent. My hope is that I’ll use the time I would have been watching TV to write more, read more, get more in touch with my Spirit, reflect on what really matters.

@Slashnl – Good for you making it through spin class! It’s so hard to do.
@SnowboundChick - Yay for no Pepsi!
@Beverlyjoy – glad you were able to distract yourself and not over eat.
@brandijune44 – I was able to get my diabetes screening. Blood sugar was normal so I don’t have it, thank God! Taco salad is a great idea. Think I’ll do that next week.

My food for today:
Morning
6 oz Strawberry nonfat 3
1 serving(s) Peanut Butter Cliff Bar 5
1/4 cup(s) fat-free skim milk 0.5

Midday
1/8 cup(s) Reduced fat mild cheddar shredded cheese 1
Chef Salad 5

Evening
2/3 Turkey Lasanga 6

Snacks/Desserts
1 cup(s) grapes 1
2 - 100 cal packs - 4
2 serving(s) kettle corn sml bag 4
3 small clementine 1
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:36 PM   #26  
Reluctant Adult

Cheers, chicks!!

Soulnik, I'm so sorry you've been feeling down. I hope you are giving yourself credit for working your way through a difficult time and staying on your plan -- that's really hard, but you DID it!! Glad also to hear your blood sugar is normal!!

brandijune, good luck with the scale addiction!! That's a tough one to kick. I've finally just accepted that I'm going to step on the scale every day... I just refuse to let the results influence my behavior if I know I've been good on my plan. You're doing so well -- keep going!!

dgramie, I hope your daughter does well with her exams. Sounds like you've been enjoying your snow days and have recommitted to your plan -- best to you!!

Beverlyjoy, sure sorry you're still suffering from the foot pain. It's so discouraging when you're trying to do good things for yourself but your body is sabotaging you... I hope it gives you some relief soon.

rakel, I've said it before but I'll say it again: I've noticed that the people who succeed at this weight loss gig are the folks who just continually recommit to their efforts. So kudos to you for doing just that!!

Snowboundchick, congrats on the loss!! You're doing fantastic, and providing excellent inspiration to us all!!

Slashnl, hope you can continue to keep that knee safe!! You're keeping up with the exercise, and that's outstanding. Food will improve again, and you'll be back on track!!

mj5, only .6 lbs? Don't let that scale upset your efforts. You're doing so well!! High fives!!

I'm doing ok... yesterday would have been my 8th wedding anniversary, and it's always a bit of a difficult time. I opened a bottle of one of our favorite wines and toasted my late husband's memory (probably a glass worth's too many times)... he was a wonderful, wonderful man, and I will miss him always.

Other than that, I should be putting my free time to better use but I'm not. Seem to be living mostly inside my head. I suppose it's not surprising given the time of year.

Handyman doesn't return for another week and a half... I appreciate that we speak daily on the phone, and he's lovely. But it's such a new relationship and was so unexpected, I feel a little shy... did this all really happen?? And what does it mean in my life? Am I READY to let someone back into my heart? And if I am, is he the right choice? I'm a famous one for saying to just let things unfold. Guess I should take my own advice. At least it's not causing me to overeat, so THAT'S something!!

Best to everyone, Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #27  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Thanks for all of the support everyone... and cheering me on

I still ate more sweets yesterday then I should have... they are just abundant right now, I guess because of Valentine's day. So I have not been as good as I should, but I have said no to a lot of them. I ordered a few boxes of Girl Scout cookies, and have eaten some of them... but thankfully, I have not binged on them and eaten half the box! A serving is just 2 cookies, so I've been trying to stick to that. I was tempted to eat a piece of cake last night, but I didn't. Today I was tempted to eat a donut because my boss brought them in, but I didn't.

I've already planned all of my food for the day and put it into Livestrong. I still have 200ish calories left over, but it looks like a lot of food to me so I doubt I'll still be hungry after I eat everything. If I am, then I can eat a small snack consisting of an apple and carrot sticks.

I don't usually post my meals here, but since I've been pretty poor at managing this lately I'm posting here for some extra accountability.

B: ensure chocolate shake & luna bar
S: 3 pieces of Dove Chocolate (tsk, tsk)
L: 1/2 tuna salad sandwich with a half slice of swiss cheese, 1 serving of baked lays, 1 serving of red grapefruit chunks, 1 jello chocolate mousse with 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter
S: smart pop kettle corn (mini bag)
D: chicken breast, rice, roasted veggies in olive oil (potato, onions, peppers, green beans)
S: (optional) 1 medium apple, 1 serving carrot sticks with ranch dressing

As expected, the amount of sugar is still too much. Fiber is a little low. Protein, carbs, fat, cholesterol and are acceptable. Sodium is a little high. To be quite honest, my breakfast has a lot of sugar in it, but I really like the portability aspect of it. I just grab it on the way out the door and go. Eventually I hope to get on a schedule where I get up earlier so I can maybe prepare some eggs for breakfast, which would still have a lot of protein, but less sugar obviously.

Last edited by rakel; 02-17-2010 at 12:57 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #28  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Oh do I feel good today! I was worried about doing the Body Flow (yoga/pilates) class today because the last time I did it was when my knee started hurting so badly. I think it went well and my knee seems to be ok. I had talked to the instructor before class and she told me what I could do to minimize stress to my knee. It still is a hard class and I am fighting the frustration of not being balanced/flexible enough to do it well, but I’ll stick with it. I guess I’ll improve? It just seems sooooo difficult. I’ll go to spin tomorrow and still take it easy on the knee.

I did much better with food yesterday, but I’m still fighting the “starving” feeling. I think it is just because I’m being more diligent lately. So now I’m deprived… not! I think my body is just protesting the lack of bad food.

Snowbound: Congrats on the weight loss!

dgramie: I’ll bet sewing was fun for you! I am not talented that way.

Rakel: Good plan. Keep being strict with yourself!

Beverly: I’m sorry you’re having foot pain. I hope it gets better!

Brandi: That’s good that you can admit you’re an addict. It is the first step to recovery!

Soulnik: I like the name of that… “The Game On Diet”. Sounds good to me!

Rae: That’s tough, with the anniversary coming and going. And, I think you should just let things unfold. Oh wait, YOU already said that.

Have a good day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #29  

Rakel – you can do it!! Sounds like you are getting it.

Beverly – I hope you foot feels better soon. I like your menu.

Brandi – salmon burger sounds good, is it homemade or store bought? Good for you for putting the scale away.

Soulnik – your whole post was inspiring, lucky to gave a workout group, love the give up TV, I need to do that and give up facebook! Great menu!

Rae – ((Rae))

I’m feeling pretty good, slept in this morning so no workout but walking today to recess with son and then walking back to have lunch with my middle boy, I do the kindie lunch every Wed.

Hubby made chicken and rice and mixed veggies for supper so no salad.

Today he made scrabbled eggs (no cheese on mine) and 3 small sausages for me.

I packed a salmon sandwich for lunch and my snacks are an apple and some healthy popcorn. Drinking water and had a hot chocolate. Tonight we are having pork chops with something.

I find I’m doing really good without the Pepsi, not craving sugar sweets and not overeating, Weird. I just have to get back to calorie counting now but taking the time right now to just concentrate on eating healthy and moving more.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #30  

OH God! I bombed. I ate my sandwich at 11am and then went to school for lunch with my sons class. But for some reason stopped at the store on the way home grabbing 1 slice of veggie pizza and 2 cookies (1 pb 1 sugar) and a V8 splash (220 cal bottle). I don't know what I was thinking. The rest of the day will be better.

I think for me when I have a big breakfast I eat more during the day. It's weird.