Old 01-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #31  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

• I have everything in my closet arranged into 3 sections--"fits", "too small" and "too big". Moving things from one section to another is ceremonial and satisfying.
  • I constantly move my wedding ring to my other fingers, now that I can. It's a reminder of how far I've come.
  • I measure things much, much too carefully--it really, truly doesn't matter if it's 74 or 75 or 76 grams of cereal, but being careful about it reminds me that this matters.
  • I forecast "ok, at this rate of change by Date X I will weigh Y and wear Z". These aren't really goals because they change all the time (as the rate shifts) and because I don't remember the numbers--it's the process of forecasting that makes me feel better.
  • I lurk internet forums and web pages on weight loss and exercise.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #32  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

Like Gracie, I work out to music. It's a trick I've just discovered. I've found Linda Ronstadt's music in particular to be totally compatible with my pace, and right now this minute I'm testing other CD's to see if they'll be as effective. Picking out songs I really like will help. Yesterday at the Y I noticed that the more I like the song, the faster I pedal. I was able to break 80 rpms on the bike, and since I've been doing the music, I'm keeping it up longer. Now I can last almost 30 minutes, as opposed to the 15 I started out with, and that's on a bad day.

I also post like crazy. I'm glad to have found this site; it's the best.

AND I have the calendar on my cell phone programmed to tell me when it's time to go to the Y.
LovebirdsFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:12 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 184/150/130

Height: 5'2

I know this sound really strange, but I watched Super Size me and Food Inc. recently and I think of all the gross things stuck in sodas and potato chips.
It makes me not want those extra chips from the machine during my break.
totsandfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #34  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Oh yes, totsandfries, that appeals to me too !
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:48 AM   #35  
wants that Louis Vuitton!

S/C/G: 300/203.4/170

Height: 5'5"

Shmead...I totally do the same thing! I look at my calendar and pencil in goal weights...and say "by x date I'll be y weight if i stay on track"
It's motivating to me because it puts a timeframe on a goal and makes it seem attainable.

I also can't wait to shop for clothes again. Everyone at my job is very well dressed, and I don't have nice clothes that fit right now (they're all too big!). I refuse to buy a nice suit, because I hope that when i buy a nice suit it is in a size 14, not 20. Buying a nice suit right now is something I cannot afford, and I don't want to succumb to this weight in any way. So I browse sites like Talbots and Ann Taylor ooh-ing and ahh-ing in my brain about all the nice clothes I will want to invest in when I reach my goal weight. I know it sounds crazy and materialistic, but I can't wait to waltz in somewhere and invest in some nice clothes. It will be like making an investment in my clothes is a committment to myself that I will stay at my goal size. Until then, old navy for me! =D
StellarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote