3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Help ... boys names (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/181391-help-boys-names.html)

LiL PiXiE 09-09-2009 08:27 PM

my fiancee name is Manuel Jovani, he didnt want a Jr, but wanted his son to have his name somewhere and he always liked the name Christian so my son is actually Kristian Manuel--and I LOVE it.

I also like Elijah and Isaiah.

Best of luck--and let us know what you pick!!

jenhai 09-09-2009 08:32 PM

I have two boys . I suggest having about three to five possibilities when you arrive at the hospital. Once the delivery is over, look at your baby, and decide what name fits best. I went in with girl AND boy names. Did not know the gender until we met them for the first time.

J

Gela 09-09-2009 10:43 PM

I have no boys but my choices would be David, Lucas, Logan, Robert, Adam, and Blake.

Windchime 09-09-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 2918042)
Watch out for names that can be either male or female, I know a married couple Gene and Jean, and I know two Chris and Chris couples.

Yeah, I know a couple named Traci and Tracy.

I like good, simple, solid names for boys. I named my boys Mark and Jeffrey (who goes by Jeff). I didn't want something with an unusual spelling that they were always having to explain; I have a common name but my mother left the "e" off the end and I am constantly having to spell it or correct how people pronounce it. My sister named her boy "Sean" and you would not believe how many people call him "seen".

Conversly, it kind of bugs me when people create really weird spellings for common names, just so their child will be different. It's just a pet peeve of mine. Like turning "Sheila" into "Chzeelaugh" or something.

Windchime 09-09-2009 11:08 PM

Yeah, I went into the hospital with good ideas of names. Our first boy we had it all figured out, but my second son went a couple of days before we finally agreed on a middle name (Mark Joseph).

I didn't mention--I really like the name Michael or Mike. I've never met a Mike/Michael that wasn't a really nice guy.

MissKoo 09-09-2009 11:23 PM

The best advice I've heard is just have five or six names you really like and then when you see that beautiful face looking at you - the right one will pop out of your mouth.

Of course, you have to be careful with this advice. If you have an extremely long labor or have a lot of meds you may end up looking at the baby and naming it "Meatball Sub" :oD

AR4life 09-09-2009 11:27 PM

Michael is my favourite boys name so when I had my little boy guess what I called him??...lol
For the first baby I had a boys and girls name picked out, the next 2 x I only picked out a girls name and I had 2 girls. Lucky I guess. :)

utgirl09 09-10-2009 12:08 AM

I like Peyton. Then again, I am a huge Peyton Manning fan! Seems like there are a lot of good names already suggested. Good Luck!

thistime140 09-10-2009 12:16 AM

I like Colton, Isiah, Camden, Cayden, Caleb, Ethan, Evan, Jaxon, Seth, Shawn, Brenden, Derek, Ian, Grant, Jayden.
Too bad I had a girl!!!
good luck with everything!
is that you in your Avatar?? Beautiful picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thistime140 09-10-2009 12:22 AM

and let me add that you are sooo lucky that your husband is even giving you a choice!!!
I know if the BF and I have a son together I will have no choice...his first/only son WILL be named after my bf's Father. No option.
oh well.....

JustSharing83 09-10-2009 04:19 AM

I don't have any kids, but Lathan is my absolute favorite name for a boy. My husband hates it. I think we agree on Caiden.

Best wishes for picking the perfect name!! :)

Mom2QJandT 09-10-2009 07:57 AM

I have two boys:

Quentin Zachary and Travis Riley

If my daughter would have been a boy she would have been Logan Riley (Riley was my ex-huxband's grandmother's maiden name).

I love Quentin's name, and, since it was already unusual, I spelled it in the most common way. However, I get so tired of it being spelled in 3,000 different ways that I named my next 2 names that are simple to spell and there aren't many varieties. When I was naming Quentin I got a lot of flack for it and one of my friends said "go to the back door and yell it outside a few times, if you still love it, then go for it". I felt silly, but I did, and I still loved it.

Another thing to think about are the nicknames for the names. I love Zachary, but our last name rhymes with Zach, so I didn't want to use that. Same with Jackson and Jack.

I loved the name Ethan, but my ex vetoed it. My son's name would have been Ethan Zachary, which, coincidentally, is Quentin's best friend's name, so I guess that worked out well.

I love the names Lance, Landon, Liam, and Lucas too. Just a coincidence that they are all L names.

Best of luck with your new bundle of joy! Let us know what you choose!

traci in training 09-10-2009 08:11 AM

Lori259 - our oldest daughter's roommate is Camila. I'd hever heard that name before, but I like it a lot! She is Cami, too.

I like some of the biblical names for boys. Malachi, Zachariah, Micah, Jonah, Obadiah, Ezekiel. They seem like strong, real names to me. Of course, we have girls with Irish men's names - Kelsey and Kourtney - so I guess my preferences have evolved with time. :-) I don't know that I would name them the same now (17 and 20 years later), but I can't imagine them named anything else!

Jldsgirl 09-10-2009 08:27 AM

Lots of wonderful suggestions here already. just wanted to throw in a few more from my family.
my son= Christian Lee
My nephews= Cody Lee, Chino, Ethan Embry, Jayden Ryan
And my Brothers= Larry David, and Elijah Cole
Also I love the name Alexander

Congrats!!