3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Help ... boys names (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/181391-help-boys-names.html)

Tuca125 09-09-2009 10:38 AM

Help ... boys names

I everyone .... I am 2 to 3 weeks from have my baby and I still thinking about names ....boys names I will like to see some options .

Thanks

Glory87 09-09-2009 10:44 AM

I like David :)

Please nothing spelled weird! Or anything in the overused Braden, Jayden, Aiden category!

Thighs Be Gone 09-09-2009 10:47 AM

My "boys" names were Ian and Owen. I had two girls though. LOL

Lori259 09-09-2009 10:47 AM

I can give you my sons names~
Daniel Allen
Christopher Neil

http://www.babycenter.com/baby-names This is a site to find name meanings~most popular names of the year.ect. ect.

GOODLUCK ~AND CONGRADULATIONS ON BEING A NEW MOM IN JUST A FEW WEEKS!!!

bargoo 09-09-2009 10:59 AM

Pick something that will go well with your last name. Pick something that is definetely a boys name ,not one that is sometimes used for girls,
How about David. Timothy, Brian for example.
Or
Eric, Michael or Larry.

belezura 09-09-2009 11:06 AM

I like different names. The ones you will not find millions of, so when you mention your boy people will actually know who you talking about, not like John (that has tons of it)

My favorites:
Philip, Lucas, Andrew and Patrick

Can you please let us know your pick??? :)

marbear24 09-09-2009 11:14 AM

My two "boy" choices are Tristan Matthew and Jacob Christopher.

sweetandspicy 09-09-2009 11:17 AM

I have 6 boys and I have always felt that a boy needs a good solid name and something that could not be for a boy or a girl- like Jamie,Riley, it can be very confusing when Daniel was in Kindergarten in his class there was a boy riley and a girl riley.

I like Joshua,Christopher,David,Daniel, Andrew and Joseph.

luvja 09-09-2009 11:21 AM

My favourite boys names are Zachary, Tanner, Owen, and Tyson :)

Rosinante 09-09-2009 11:24 AM

James.

Not Keanu or Jude.

Twilightwing 09-09-2009 11:25 AM

Ryan, Jordan, Joshua, Zachary, Nicholas, Tyler, Blake.... just a few off the top of my head lol

Beverlyjoy 09-09-2009 11:27 AM

My neighbor checked out this website to get ideas.

http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/

I like names that don't have to 'be explained' for pronouniation.

For instance - we have some Greek American friends that named their daughter, Anastasia. Most people look at this and say: an-na-stae- sha. But, my friends give it the
Greek pronunciation: Ann -nosta-see-a. Her entire life has been filled with her having to correct everyone who reads her name.

For me - growing up I would introduce myself at Bev and always folks would say Beth. Then I 'd say .... no, it's Beverly Ultimately, I ended up (as I got older) introducing myself as Beverly as have done so most of my life.

Aclai4067 09-09-2009 11:28 AM

I really like Alister (also spelled Allistair, or Allistar), Lauchlan, Liam and Tyler. I saw Owen listed a couple times, I like that one too.

salsa chip 09-09-2009 11:33 AM

Dominic or Benedict :)

UniquelyNormal 09-09-2009 11:39 AM

Our picks were

Finn Allen or
Nathaniel John

my husband also really liked Declan but it doesn't go with our last name AT ALL.

evilwomaniamshe 09-09-2009 11:41 AM

Devon, Dillen, Dalton, Chase, Ty would be my top picks!

Beverlyjoy 09-09-2009 11:51 AM

Very nice names!!

Judy Lynn 09-09-2009 11:53 AM

I named my two boys Brett & Justin. I also like Tristan.

TXJess 09-09-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glory87 (Post 2916969)
I like David :)

Please nothing spelled weird! Or anything in the overused Braden, Jayden, Aiden category!

We chose Aidan Andrew (proper spelling) for our first son having no clue how popular the name was. We were looking for a very traditional Irish name and were floored when we started a daycare and there was not one but two Aidens. :mad:

In our current daycare there is an Adyen (WTH?) and they pronounce it Aidan. :?:

If we have a 2nd boy someday he will also have a traditional Irish name, probably Seamus. Not for everyone though, but we like to honor my husband's heritage.

Basically, go with what you like, be it family heritage, sounds good with your last name etc. You can never predict a trend, only avoid the current ones if so inclined.

Glory87 09-09-2009 12:14 PM

Hey TXJess - I said that because I'm a Jennifer and I hated growing up with the most popular name. My moms swears that she only knew ONE Jennifer when I was born and she just loved the name.

I see a lot of Tyler suggestions above - in my immediate family:

Fiance's brother - Tyler
My brother Jesse's son - Tyler
My brother Mark's step son - Tyler

Don't do it!!! Ha :)

TXJess 09-09-2009 12:29 PM

I'm (obviously) a Jessica and had three others in my class at one point. And, I was almost a Jennifer. :D My mom was debating between the two. It didn't ever really bother me as I had a unique last name, not like Jessica Smith or something.

Same thing now, my son has my husband's unique last name and Aidan's name is so similiar to his uncle's (Aaron Andrew compared to Aidan Andrew). It just all worked for us so despite the popularity, I'd choose the name all over again.

I think if you really love a name you should pick it, despite how popular or unpopular it is. And if there is a story or family history behind the name even better in my eyes.

Smiling_Sara 09-09-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wfonseca3017 (Post 2916960)
I everyone .... I am 2 to 3 weeks from have my baby and I still thinking about names ....boys names I will like to see some options .

Thanks

favorite boy name:

Wyatt

I'm also a fan of Ian

Congrats!!

evieistrying09 09-09-2009 12:38 PM

I like old-school names. Like: Patrick, Jack, Charles (Charlie ;)) Jacob, hmm, I forgot the others. Thomas? Like Tommy? Or Tom? :shrug:

cinderpa 09-09-2009 12:40 PM

I like Shawn, Matthew or Jason. Please not Wayne like I was going to be named if I were a boy. :D
Whatever you choose I wise you and your new son health & happiness!

annie175 09-09-2009 12:52 PM

I like Wyatt, Levi, Elliot and call him Eli.

Nikki6kidsmom 09-09-2009 01:03 PM

My sons are: Logan William, Parker James, Collin (family name here in honor of grandfather) , Hudson Bennett

I am often told they are strong names with a more modern twist.I like odd last names too.

My Brother in Law and his wife prefer unique/different names. Their sons are Blaze and Rex.

My sons play sports and there are so many Tyler, Chase, Justin, Daniel,Chris, names thats its hard to keep them straight.

findingfawn 09-09-2009 01:25 PM

Let's see... I have a Garrett (updated version of Gary after my father), a Reagan (picked by my oldest to match up with his Irish Twin sister's name Rylee), and a Cameron (after hubby's grandpa and also his fav uncle who passed away.. there are 2 other Camerons in the family but one isn't even blood and the other is the uncles son).

Our girl would have been Xander, our youngest little guy could have been Carson, Wyatt, Rider, and oh gosh I forget what other names we had on the list. I had a hard time convincing hubby to use the name he had always wanted because his step brother named his first kid Cameron. I won :D

FromFat2Fit 09-09-2009 01:34 PM

Evan, Braxton, and Ethan.

We have two friends that named their sons something "unique" in my opinion. One is Crosby and the other is Jagger. At first I thought WTH are they thinking. Now I LOVE the names. Each of the boys has such a strong spirit, and their name suits them so.

AmberShimmer 09-09-2009 02:17 PM

How about Duncan, Caleb, Logan, Alexander, Calvin, Ryan, Austin, Adam, Alan, Blake, Cameron (love that name), Dalton, Cole, Darren (that one, too), Ethan, Holden, Joshua, Luke, Nathan, Trevor, Zachary, Colton?

I work at a tutoring center and all of them have been students here at some point.

Lori259 09-09-2009 02:31 PM

I just wanted to add~that my daughter has a unique name (camila Prounced like Pamela But with the c. ~her middle name is NYOKA ~So Camila Nyoka....We call her Cami for short.) Anyways She hated it until she got older now she adores how different her name is from others. Plus she likes anime and says her name could be a charater in an anime book)
Anyways ~Whatever you choose~I Wish your baby good health and you also.

(oh my boys names are Christopher Neil & Daniel Allen As I mentioned before.)

I agree with some of the others~PLEASE LET US KNOW THE NAME YOU PICK!!! I AM SOO CURIOUS NOW!

kiramira 09-09-2009 02:32 PM

Michael is a classic, although every Michael I've ever know goes by "Mike" and is a bike mechanic...go figure!

Kira

sophiebean 09-09-2009 02:49 PM

I like Patrick, Felix, Laurence, Leo, Milo, Louie, i also like my parnters name Liam. Boys name's are harder than girl's to choose i think!

hpnodat 09-09-2009 02:52 PM

I like Jason and Daniel (my hubby's name). And for middle names I sometimes like family last names, if it fits well.

GirlyGirlSebas 09-09-2009 03:21 PM

I've always liked the names Adam, David and Cole.

david 09-09-2009 03:28 PM

girly, david is a great name and its no longer overused

cfmama 09-09-2009 03:36 PM

My son is Phoenix.

I like Grayson, Griffin, Christopher, Logan, Blade, Joshua, Aiden etc.

Bonnie+J 09-09-2009 04:15 PM

my sons name is jake. i know its pretty popular in the states, but i live in ireland and i have yet to meet another!

our next son will be called harry.

i also really like the irish names fionn (fee-un) oisín (ush-een) reilt (ray-elt) and diarmuid (deer-mud) but dh was having none of it.

best of luck with the delivery!

lovemylabs 09-09-2009 04:20 PM

I love love love the name Adam!!!!!!

Adam Thomas
Adam Mitchell

Also Austin Thomas

I like names that can't be shortened.

Best wishes!!

Aclai4067 09-09-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glory87 (Post 2917148)
Hey TXJess - I said that because I'm a Jennifer and I hated growing up with the most popular name. My moms swears that she only knew ONE Jennifer when I was born and she just loved the name.

I see a lot of Tyler suggestions above - in my immediate family:

Fiance's brother - Tyler
My brother Jesse's son - Tyler
My brother Mark's step son - Tyler

Don't do it!!! Ha :)

My mom says the same thing about Ashley. I've always hated having a popular name. And worse, most people don't clearly annunciate when they say "actually" and they say it so it sounds like Ashley. ugh.

As far as Tyler, I knew a couple back when I was in school. I've been substitute teaching in a different class every day for a week now, haven't had a single Tyler on the role yet (could just be the area I live in, Tyler's more common as a caucasian name).

Oh, and to those above who mentioned Cameron. One of my friends is dating a Cameron, I really like that name too! I like Milo too but my sister refuses to have any nephew of hers get a cat name (like the movie Milo & Otis). She wants to name her boy (if she has one) Griffin, it's our mom's last name. (Lauchlan, from my previous list, is a family name as well. Lauchlan MacDougal. How awesomely scottish is that?!)

Momto2Ms 09-09-2009 05:31 PM

My son's name is Major. I love his name. If we ever have another son, I want him to be Mack (likely Malcolm, with the nickname Mack). All my children have/will have M names.