3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Help ... boys names (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/181391-help-boys-names.html)

kiramira 09-09-2009 02:32 PM

Michael is a classic, although every Michael I've ever know goes by "Mike" and is a bike mechanic...go figure!

Kira

sophiebean 09-09-2009 02:49 PM

I like Patrick, Felix, Laurence, Leo, Milo, Louie, i also like my parnters name Liam. Boys name's are harder than girl's to choose i think!

hpnodat 09-09-2009 02:52 PM

I like Jason and Daniel (my hubby's name). And for middle names I sometimes like family last names, if it fits well.

GirlyGirlSebas 09-09-2009 03:21 PM

I've always liked the names Adam, David and Cole.

david 09-09-2009 03:28 PM

girly, david is a great name and its no longer overused

cfmama 09-09-2009 03:36 PM

My son is Phoenix.

I like Grayson, Griffin, Christopher, Logan, Blade, Joshua, Aiden etc.

Bonnie+J 09-09-2009 04:15 PM

my sons name is jake. i know its pretty popular in the states, but i live in ireland and i have yet to meet another!

our next son will be called harry.

i also really like the irish names fionn (fee-un) oisín (ush-een) reilt (ray-elt) and diarmuid (deer-mud) but dh was having none of it.

best of luck with the delivery!

lovemylabs 09-09-2009 04:20 PM

I love love love the name Adam!!!!!!

Adam Thomas
Adam Mitchell

Also Austin Thomas

I like names that can't be shortened.

Best wishes!!

Aclai4067 09-09-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glory87 (Post 2917148)
Hey TXJess - I said that because I'm a Jennifer and I hated growing up with the most popular name. My moms swears that she only knew ONE Jennifer when I was born and she just loved the name.

I see a lot of Tyler suggestions above - in my immediate family:

Fiance's brother - Tyler
My brother Jesse's son - Tyler
My brother Mark's step son - Tyler

Don't do it!!! Ha :)

My mom says the same thing about Ashley. I've always hated having a popular name. And worse, most people don't clearly annunciate when they say "actually" and they say it so it sounds like Ashley. ugh.

As far as Tyler, I knew a couple back when I was in school. I've been substitute teaching in a different class every day for a week now, haven't had a single Tyler on the role yet (could just be the area I live in, Tyler's more common as a caucasian name).

Oh, and to those above who mentioned Cameron. One of my friends is dating a Cameron, I really like that name too! I like Milo too but my sister refuses to have any nephew of hers get a cat name (like the movie Milo & Otis). She wants to name her boy (if she has one) Griffin, it's our mom's last name. (Lauchlan, from my previous list, is a family name as well. Lauchlan MacDougal. How awesomely scottish is that?!)

Momto2Ms 09-09-2009 05:31 PM

My son's name is Major. I love his name. If we ever have another son, I want him to be Mack (likely Malcolm, with the nickname Mack). All my children have/will have M names.

Glory87 09-09-2009 05:37 PM

Hee but what if he joins the service? Major Major! Poor guy, he can be in the military!

Ryanne 09-09-2009 05:50 PM

A few that I have always loved are :

Shane, Blaine, Kerry,Kelly, and one not so popular that my daughter is thinking about that I have always loved, Jericho, I named my son Jeromiah. I love different spellings, too... My other son's name is Rilee, and my two daughters are Jessicah, (If she were a boy her name would have been Jesse, and my daughter, Jayme, if she were a boy, still Jayme.
I hope this helps. Naming babies is so fun!

dragonwoman64 09-09-2009 07:04 PM

congratulations! that's exciting.

I have traditional tastes in names, James, Patrick, William, Robert, Jonathan, Kevin, Christopher

you might have fun looking at what the names mean, it adds to the specialness. Jonathan means Gift of God, Patrick means noble, Robert, bright fame.

Tuca125 09-09-2009 08:13 PM

Thanks everyone i will make a list and show to my DH to see if we can find something.....

I will let everyone know what we chose..

bargoo 09-09-2009 08:17 PM

Watch out for names that can be either male or female, I know a married couple Gene and Jean, and I know two Chris and Chris couples.