Old 06-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #1  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

Default when is enough, enough

i havent posted in forever, havent had internet in months, and have missed you all so much. glad to be back for sure

here is the thing, i have been living a "losing" life for so long, i'm not sure how or when to start maintaining, i cant tell anymore what is lose skin and what is
fat. the doc said i'm probably carrying 10 to 15 pounds of lose skin, and i've already exceeded my goal. but i dunno i'm scared (terrified actually) to quit losing and start maintaining. does anyone understand this madness and have any suggestions?

anyway...... have a great day all!
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:03 AM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I guess I would say that you need to take a good look in the mirror and decide if you are happy with yourself. Only you can decide when enough is enough. How much have you lost in the last six weeks?
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:07 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You're not alone! It's not at all uncommon for those who have been losing weight to feel scared about maintaining. I guess it's a fear of losing control. Suddenly one will be "struck fat"!

If you haven't been there already, here's a link to the 3FC maintainers forum, Living Maintenance subforum:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=170

Basically, in maintenance you'll be eating much like you are now, exercising, and tracking your foods. But, you can add more calories. I've seen the suggestion that you do this in increments--for example, by adding 100 calories a day for a week or two weeks (it has to be that long because weight may briefly fluctuate up--or down). If at the end of two weeks, your weight seems to be staying the same or still dropping, then add another 100 calories. And so one. At the point where your weight starts to increase, you drop back 50-100 calories. At the same time, you might decrease your exercise time or intensity by small amounts. 3-4 times a week should be all right for maintenance.

It's an ongoing experiment, but the idea is--carefully and slowly find a balance for you. It may be more or less than what works for someone else. And check in with your buddies here!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 06-17-2009 at 09:09 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:08 AM   #4  
Tiff

3lbs, but i've been holding now for the last 2 weeks.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #5  
Tiff

thanks jay, i have been playing with adding calories, but i've been doing sooooo much work around the house like shoveling 6 ton of rock off the back of a pick up for landscape, and busting up wood and hauling it out, (man work) so i keep gradually losing, but not on purpose, **** i even ate a double cheeseburger 2 weeks ago, and dominos pizza, but i think all the work i've been doing offset that train wreck!!! i wish i had a live in food and exercise coach to get me started maintaining the right way!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 09:30 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi and I definitely think it's time you come hang out in the Maintainer's Forum. So many of us feel exactly as you do. Oh and congratulations on the incredible life transforming weight loss!!

Quote:
i wish i had a live in food and exercise coach to get me started maintaining the right way!
Lots of us also like to stick to a maintenance range. As it's next to impossible to stick to one single number day after day, week after week.

Most of us Maintainers' keep the weight off the same exact way that we lost it. Nothing, nothing, NOTHING has changed. Well, almost nothing. For me it's a splurge meal added in every couple of weeks or so. For others, it's a couple of hundred extra calories per day. The exercise - we're still doing it. Some just as intense, others a bit less. I still plan out my meals, I still pack up foods and take them with me where ever I go, I still track my calories, I still avoid most temptation out there in the world, I still weigh frequently, I still eat "mostly clean", I still, I still, I still......

So may I ask you this - what method did you use to lose the weight? I think in there may lie the answer to your question as to how you can get started maintaining the "right way".

With a little experimenting and tweaking here and there, I'm sure you too will find the right maintenance formula.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #7  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Pipernoswiper,
Thank you for posting this. It is very encouraging for us to hear from someone who has been so successful. I think one of the main reasons 3 Fat Chicks is so helpful is because of all the maintainers that have stayed around and help all of us who are still working on the weight loss.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #8  
Tiff

i used ww, and i still go to the meetings, i've been a lifetime member for a few months now, but for some reason just am not ready to do maintenance. i mean they told me to add points, which is nothing more than calories i'm sure, but i truely am afraid i will lose control and gain. i think i will come check out the maintainers forum thanks for the invite. i sure can use all the help i can get.

and thank you time 2 lose, i love the support from this site.