Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 11:35 PM   #46  
Zap
Fat Zappin' in Progress

Good Evening All

I want to thank everyone for the warm wishes on hubby finding a job, yes its a sure thing we are moving in with mom but it will all turn out for the best. I know this is only a temporary situation and once the economy kicks in again we will be fine

I also wanted to welcome all of the new ones to the boards, I'm a tad behind in all the conversation topics lol

My food choices lately havent been the greatest.. however I realized that I have been eating only 3 meals a day, and it has been in moderation, so I'm not going to get down on myself over it. My water has been fantasic and so have my activities, since my computer died I just keep moving. I don't want those idle hands.. they get me into to too much trouble (snackwise)

Jen - Congratulations on your 7 pounds.. I wish I could lose "only" 7 this week Way to go girl! Keep it up!

Velvet - 6lbs!! WOO HOO

PNG - Coming from the queen of tooth problems I surely hope you feel better soon.. I just got over the same thing recently.. I called my family doctor and just had him write me up a prescription for antibiotics.

Bella - Don't forget to schedule some relaxation time in your todo list.. your poopin me out just readin your posts

Have to run - will write more later

Take Care Everyone
Traci
Old 06-19-2002, 11:50 PM   #47  

Slimdown, Yes his is in the Army, and was deployed in October. He has been home for 2 weeks since he left, and I took my girls to see him once and went for a weekend once. So I can't wait till he comes home.

As far as my kids, they drive me crazy most of the time, lol. I get very little help from the MIL, so I have very little free time. But I get bye. I'll live.

So that is why I am so happy about him coming home from 10 days. As well as my girls. But when he comes home it's almost more stressfull then when he is away. O'well, I'm still happy!!!

Well that's all for tonight, lol

Bella23
Old 06-20-2002, 03:44 AM   #48  
gbo

I should like to cancel June for the rest of my life. I think a new system is in order. May, July A and then July B. That works for me!
My Uncle passed away tonight and it seems so surreal. Mom is still not eating. I have discovered hives for the first time in my life and kids I am an emotional mess which just is so unbelievable to me. I am barely functional. My mind is oatmeal but please know I have not forgotten any of you here. God , I will be glad when this month is over!
Pam
Old 06-20-2002, 08:14 AM   #49  
Old Cackler

oh pam, my heart goes out to you...

but i'd be very disappointed if june were cancelled... there are several family birthdays in june, and my cousin just had a baby boy on tuesday, so there ARE happy things going on. it's just that they're tempered by the sad things like you're experiencing.

please do something nice for yourself. it sounds like you need some time to breathe..
Old 06-20-2002, 09:17 AM   #50  

Oh, Happy Day!

Another OP day under my belt. I am starting Day 4 and I know I'll make it. The scale was so sweet to me again this morning. Isn't it really sad how those numbers can effect your mood? I am trying to break that way of thinking, but looking at my track record, I doubt it will ever happen. I am down .5 this morning from yesterday and I can FINALLY change my weight here without adding lbs! This is HUGE for me. As you all know I have struggled and struggled for months now. And now, I feel like am on the right path. I am clearing my head and putting myself 1st. Which we all know is very difficult. And hey, am not a Mother nor a wife anymore and I struggle to do it, so I could imagine how hard it is for those who play very important roles to other people. You know what I mean..

AND tonight, I get the key. I am a bit nervous and will be till I have that key in my hand and sign the lease. But I will just keep reminding myself that yes, good things do happen to me. They just haven't in a while. lol

Nasus..Thank you sweetie, that means alot to me. Now that I have returned to treating my "disorder" and not ignoring it, I think this will be a really good thing for me. keep me focused and determined even more.

Slimdown..YES!! That is amazing of what a hair cut can do. I would swear you were at least 20 lbs lighter in the "after" picture. Maybe I should move out west? It's a thought. I plan on purchasing something in about 2 years, so I will be moving out of NY most likely. I can't afford to live here, it's crazy. Houses are going for $400,000.00 and that's considered mid range! Where these ppl work and how much they make is beyond me. And I don't even live in a "rich" town. And it's going north too. Crazy. What's the Mothers & More meetings all about? Being busy does really helpy to stay on track.

Jennelle..Hmmmm, maybe I should move south. Like I told Dana, I will be relocating in a few years when am ready to purchase something. NY is just crazy to buy anything.

bella..Smaller size!!! WOOHOOOOOO chickie!! That is fabulous. You must have been dancing in the dressing room. And you should be. I have a 15 year old sister too. I love her so much, much more than just a sister-sister bond. Though she will be 16 in October, I still call her my baby sister. lol Glad to hear you'll be getting alot of help!

Jiffy..I completely agree with you. Bella's posts have made a 360 degree turn around. She is doing wonderful, and better than that, she is feeling wonderful.

Zap..You have such a good outlook on the future. Your right, things will work out for the best. And though it's difficult to understand now, things happen for certain reasons. That's what I believe anyways.

gbo..*HUGS* There you are! I am so sorry to hear about your loss, and the hard time your family is going through righ now. My thoughts are with you.

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful day. I plan on making this a really strong OP day with alot of excerise. I would love to make it to 214 by tomorrow morning. That's .5 away. It's possible. But if not, I'll still be delighted by my success these past 10 days.

Old 06-20-2002, 09:45 AM   #51  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Jennifer.. I just love your posts.. they are so long How do you remember everything? do you write it all down? lol congrats on getting your new place again. I remember my first apartment after my divorce from my first husband. I loved that place! It was all mine - I could do anything I wanted with it.. and I did! I painted the kitchen black and the cupboards silver. I was screaming my independence through my decorating..LOL. It was like therapy for me Enjoy your freedom.. because before you know it a handsome man will come along and take you off your feet

Pam.. I am so sorry for the loss of your uncle. I hope July is cheerful and only full of sunshine.

Last night I ended up using most of my banked points - but I was still OP! Why are some days a strugle and others not? weird how our mind plays tricks while dieting.

Off to take the car to the doctor - hope it doesn't cost too much.

Dana
Old 06-20-2002, 10:14 AM   #52  
JML
Success Story!!!

Bella - way to go!!!!! Isn't it a great feeling - not just to get something new - but to get it in a smaller size? That must feel great!

Jennifer - congrats on the 7 pounds? How do you do it, girl? Keep it up! And congrats on the new place too! I'm up in New Hampshire, and rents are pretty steep here too, though not as bad as NY. I actually live with my parents right now. At least for now, I'd rather save what I can from my meager income by living at home than spend ALL of it on rent, if I could even do that. Someday, I'd like to OWN something. . . someday. It's a bit challenging living at home since I'm 28 and have 6 siblings, all but one younger than I am. My youngest sisters are still in high school. The tough part is setting some boundaries, and realizing that I am the one who must do this.

Jenelle - losing 1/2 pound a week is just fine. It's very healthy. I've read that the slower you take off the weight, the more likely it is that you'll keep off the weight. Keep that in mind.

Pam - I will say a prayer for you and your family. When your sorrows are too big for your heart, when you're weighed down with sorrow, look up to your heavenly Father. He made your heart, He knows your sorrow, and He loves you and your family. It's ok to cry. It's ok to grieve. Take your time. It sounds like you have your hands full trying to help your mother through this time too. God bless you.

Slimdown - I love the new hairdo. I just got some layers put in mine a few weeks ago - and it's amazing what those few layers will do. They perk up the whole style. Your cut makes you look slimmer and younger too! I can tell that you like it!

I've been reading the summer-mini goals thread. I notice that alot of us have mini-goals that require huge losses (several pounds a week) in short time periods. Mine sound so wimpy in comparison. Ack, I feel like a wimp, but I set them purposely in such a way that I would only have to lose one pound a week to attain them. If I lose more than that, that's just gravy. I need to feel like a success to keep myself motivated.

Jeanne
250/201/145
Old 06-20-2002, 11:19 AM   #53  

JML, you are a great SUCCESS! With 49 pounds gone, you should have strong motivation. I'm looking forward to seeing that 199 for you (and some day for me).

Pam, my sympathy to you. It certainly is a difficult time for you. And I hope you'll find a moment or two to take care of you. It's so hard in your circumstances.

Bella, hang in there. You're doing so well and it's so great you're making a difficult time work so well for you. You're really making lemonade.

Good luck to all you "movers".

Pat on the back, Dana, for staying within your limits despite a munchie day. It is amazing that sometimes we are so able to stay OP and other days, it's so tough. You'll "bank" again.
Old 06-20-2002, 12:21 PM   #54  

Another day Op for me. And to make it better I lost another .75 lb. I know, it's not much, but it is a loss. I'm happy with any loss. Just as long as the scales go down and not up.

Thanks for all the support. I have been flying high since yesterday. And when I took my daughter to get her hair cut (my gym had a salon) the ladies at the counter in the gym said my new pants(the smaller ones) look great on me. That made my day. Someone else noticed.

I know, it's a bragging kind of day!!! Sorry, but I really need one of those days. And I hope I'll be able to get more of them, lol.

Talk to you all later,
Bella23
Old 06-20-2002, 01:27 PM   #55  
JML
Success Story!!!

You're not bragging. It perks me right up to hear about your .75 pound loss. --- and the one dress size gone.

Thanks for the smile!

Jeanne
250/201/145
Old 06-20-2002, 02:09 PM   #56  

You deserve to brag, Bella. Nobody handed you that .75 loss and smaller size. You WORKED them. Nice to get a compliment from those ladies.
Old 06-20-2002, 02:57 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello all,

I just thought I would pop in for a minute.

I agree with GBO on cancelling June. I have gained 3 pounds this week. I hope it's all that water I was drinking. I got my gallon in yesterday. Today I am on number 3 of 4 for a gallon. I don't know if I have been OP I am not really keeping track right now. My husband and I didn't go for our first meeting yesterday but it will be in 2 weeks. I decided to go somewhere where they can utilize all of our insurance plans. He has insurance I have insurance and we both have medical assistance. We should not have to pay for any of the appointments. Well I will talk to you all later. Take care and conrats to all you losers.
Old 06-21-2002, 12:05 PM   #58  

TGIF!

It's Friday, it's payday, it's beautiful out, I have the next 4 days off of work, I am moving into my cottage throughout the weekend, I feel good and I lost another 1.5 lbs, weighing 213 lbs this morning.

So, how much better could this Friday get? Not much. hahaha

Where is everyone?? Hope you all are doing well.

Icewoman...Nice to see you. You sound well. Glad you found somewhere that can help you with the costs of counseling. Nothing like adding stress to an already stressful situation. Wishing you the best.

Bella..Brag away girl! Inspires us all to keep going and stay strong.

JML..you are doing right by setting realistic mini goals. I always set myself up for failure. No more though. I will set reasonable goals and make them. Don't you dare feel like a wimp.

Slimdown..Sometimes I jot down a "key word" with someones name, just so their post comes back to mind when am posting. But that's only when I have alot of indiv to do. or I scroll down just to remind myself. Black kitchen? Wow. That must have been really interesting! LMAO Do you have pics??? You love my posts? ahahahaha I just babble on and on most of the time. heehee

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. I won't be back until Wednesday. The cable modem won't be installed until July 3rd in my new place. Argh. So, it's still just work pc for now. Think of me. Stay strong and smile. I hope to be down at least another lb or two before I return. No way in the world will I allow myself to gain. Though I want to celebrate, I will keep it to a minimum and only OP foods. I CAN do this. 4 days with no structure will be a bit hard. But am determined to get through this.

Old 06-21-2002, 01:14 PM   #59  
Losin It For GOOD!

Starting new thread...
Closed Thread