Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 10:46 AM   #31  

Goodmorning everyone..I am a bit late this morning, as BA noticed. lol I decided to get some work done first before I posted. Work tends to get in the way at times. But now that am all caught up..here goes: lol

I am back to 215, and I feel like screaming it from the roof tops. Last Monday I weighed in at 222 lbs. Water weight, Coors Light weight, whatever you want to call it. But look at those 3 numbers. Just look at them. Only 7 lb difference BUT 215 sounds alot better than 222. I am really excited about 213. Not sure why, just am. lol So, from here on out, am going down, down down. Did I tell you am goin down? lol

BA.. Rent is very expensive here in New York too, and the chances of finding a single family home is near impossible too unless your willing to fork out over $2,000 a month, plus utilities. SO, when I found this place, I was estatic. It's a bit small, owned by the church in a town near by. It's $750 a month plus utilities. Living room, kitchen, tiny room where I'll put a desk and a bathroom and small bedroom. It's small, but clean, cute and everything I need. Except a bathtub though. But hey, I can garden and do whatever I want. And I don't have a landlord living on top of me. So, YES, I lucked out BIG TIME and I am so darn excited. A bit nervous that something will fall through, but am trying to stay positive. Tomorrow is the big day, key day. lol Your not the only one who needs occasional kickings. We all do. Glad you found your motivation again.

Slimdown.. I've spit it out too! Not often, but it has happened. What a feeling, like I just battled a bear or something. So happy you stayed the same after your tough weekend. Your going down from here on out!

JML.. WOOHOOO for reaching your mini goal. And early too! That is wonderful, your hard work is paying off.

Sundrop..Wouldn't it be fabulous if we could choose which spots the weight comes off? "Uhm, take 5 lbs off the face, take 10 lbs off the arms, take 15 lbs off the thighs, take a lb off the butt and take the whole stomach with you" That would be really nice. Guess we just have to go with what happens. Congrats on the 3 lbs!!

Anagram..How's your water going chickie?

IncasMommy..WOOOHOOOOO!!! You got it!!! Congrats! I know too well how excited and relieved you must feel! Are you moving this weekend or next?

Velvet..Well, well, well..look at what the cat drug in. Hehehehe Missed you sweetie. But you sound like your doing wonderful! 6 lbs!!! That is incredible!! Thankyou, I am adjusting to the meds pretty well. I go for more blood work tomorrow. But am feeling better. I have my moments, but they are getting fewer and fewer. Not sure about Boston yet, I really really want to. $ may get in the way. What are the dates again?

Bella..Busy busy busy! I don't know how you keep up! Hubby is coming home? You must be estatic!

PNG...Awwww. Just reading your post, makes my teeth hurt. I hope it's all over soon for you!

Jiffypop..Zone out..yup. I know exactly what you mean. I wouldn't exactly consider myself a binge eater, but I know the zone your talking about. That's why I always talk about focus. I have to make sure I am always focused on my weightloss. If not, I wil Zone out and eat and not think about until the damage is done.

2ofme..I am so sorry to hear about your friends loss. That is so sad. Glad they have a good friend like you to see them through this hard time. Baking is the worst thing I could possibly do. But I do love it. I eat before it goes in the oven and eat when they come out. Bad bad choice for me.

Hope everyone is doing well. I heard from Jacobsmommy, she is working her tail off but doing well.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Last edited by Jenniffer; 06-19-2002 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-19-2002, 12:50 PM   #32  

WOOOOO-HOOOOO, JENNIFER!!!! BUT...ONLY 7 lbs???? One cannot say 'just 7 lbs'!! That is so totally excellent! How excited you must be to have lost such a big chunk in a week!!! Doesn't it really give you the will to keep it up! ~ I think the Boston thing is 'sposed to be the last weekend in Sept. Sure hope you can make it, but I sure do understand the $$ thing!

WOW!! I know how rent is in CA, and now to know what it's like in NE, I now know why I live in Ohio!! (are there enough 'now's and 'know's in that sentence??)

BA, I'm so glad you got the kick you needed! Another victory for 3fc message boards! I thank God for this place. Give Oreo a hug for me, will ya? I sure miss having a pet. I really must change that. Are you still planning on Sept? Or do we need to wait and see if this can happen?

Annie, how devistating for you and your friend. I can't IMAGINE how heartbroken you must be! I'll keep you all in my prayers. You can't worry about something as trivial as weight when something so horrific happens. You'll get back to it when the time is right.

Bella, you're going to be an absolute whirlwind for a while. Well, busy is better than junk fooding!

Anagram, you are totally right on about feeling better! I move better, feel better, act better, everything better! Thanks.

Hi to everybody.

Love, Gayle
Old 06-19-2002, 12:52 PM   #33  

I can best describe how I'm doing on the water by saying that I went potty right before I left for an appt this am. By the time I got there (25 minutes later), I ran for the girls' room. By the time, I left an hour plus later, I stopped in again and by the time I got home, it was again my first stop. Am feeling much better as well. No doubt the water helps EVERYTHING! Had a good bit last night, a Slimfast and tea for breakfast and about 42 oz or so today. Heading to the kitchen now for another 16 or so.
Old 06-19-2002, 01:03 PM   #34  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Jenniffer - 7 pounds! Woo-hoo! Look how close you are to breaking 200!

PNG - I was thinking...if you don't have dental insurance but have regular health insurance, maybe it will pay for an antibiotic if the prescription comes from your regular doctor. Have your doctor call your dentist, or vice versa, and maybe they can work something out. Just don't let it go on, because you could get really, really sick. If the infection spreads, you're talking about time in the hospital!

Annie - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's baby. There is just nothing you can say or do to make that kind of pain go away, or to even help make "sense" of it all.

JML - Good job on reaching your first mini-goal! I am not sure about mine...I've been losing really slowly (about 1/2 lb. a week). I need to lose 11.5 lbs. in 3 weeks to meet my next mini-goal.

Everyone else - have a great OP day!

Jennelle
242.5/226.5/140

Next Mini-Goal: 215 by July 12
Old 06-19-2002, 02:01 PM   #35  
Old Cackler

7 pounds in a few days?????? jenniffer.... how fabulous!!!!! whatever you did, however you did it, keep it going!!!

i'll NEVER catch up to you. but bethanne had better watch out!!!

and bethanne... don't be fooled!!!!! wisdom = hard-learned lessons guidance = i learned something too late teaching = hoping that someone makes better choices than i did along the way!!!
Old 06-19-2002, 03:12 PM   #36  

Wouldn't we all agree that putting the word "only" and "7 pounds" in the same sentence is like putting "only" and "$500" in the same sentence?

{{{{{{{{{Good Job}}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks for all the inspiration that each of you provides me.

Love ya all

annie

PS Can I say that I just simply LOVE this board SO much more than the one at the WW.com site. Theirs seems SO impersonal and there is a new thread very time I turn around. One day can have over 4 pages that I have to sift through. Don't mean to bash, just voicing my opinion.
Old 06-19-2002, 03:18 PM   #37  

Jenniffer I am moving next weekend the 29th and 30th, like you I lucked out most house for rent here are from $700+ and mine is $535 and sounds like yours, everything but a tub....lol....got keys today

Kim
Old 06-19-2002, 04:47 PM   #38  

Okay, okay...stop throwing tomatoes at me! lmao...

I didn't mean "only 7 lbs"..hahhaa I meant that when I type 215 it feels so much better than 222. And when I say 215 it doesn't sound as bad as 222, thought it's only 7 lbs..not like 50 lbs. THAT's what I meant...lmao hahaha You all are awseome!

Kim..I changed my mind. I am coming down south to live., $535?!?!? You can't even get a room for that much. Congrats and have fun moving. I too will be moving next weekend!!

2ofme..I understand about other boards. Somethin about this place..just love it to bits.

jiffy..If I don't stay movin, you will catch up to me and pass me by. Your keepin me goin!!

Jennelle..I cannot wait to break 200. When I did it last time, I cried. Just to see 199 was such a reward. I'll be there soon!
Old 06-19-2002, 04:51 PM   #39  

Oh yeah!

3FC has asked me to be the Moderator for the PCOS Support area. Yay! Of course I said yes!! Come stop by and say hello sometime.
Old 06-19-2002, 05:02 PM   #40  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

WHOOO HOOO that is fantastic Jenniffer!!! You will be wonderful!!! Just peeking in on the 3FC ladies and 2 of them are diagnosed with PCOS recently. I am sure that you wilth your world of wisdome will do wonderful!!! (and here is anotehr tomato!!!) SPLATTT!!!!
Old 06-19-2002, 05:13 PM   #41  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

Jennifer congrats on your "only 7 lbs" lose! Way to go! Isn't it great when you see better numbers then what you expected?
BTW.. those pictures of me.. I was about the same weight in all of them! Amazing what a haircut can do, eh? (I had only been on my diet 2 weeks when I got it cut)

Out to my Mother's & More meeting tonight. Third night out in a row... I find I can handle the night time munchies when I'm out of the house!

Today is not going great - I am at 16 points so far today.. feeling a bit out of control- hate that feeling! I know that I will probably end up okay for the day but I hate feeling out of control. I'm NOT hungry.. but I have the munchies! Today for lunch I went to subway and got their new sweet onion chicken sandwich. It was really good.. but I don't think it filled me up enough.

Must get off this computer.. my daughter is being very two this afternoon!

btw.. I pay $800 for my new house here in Green Bay, WI - loving it! - especially the fire place. I wouldn't move from the midwest. Jim makes just as much money - no traffic - half price homes. With a bonus - I live in Packer land

Dana
Old 06-19-2002, 06:02 PM   #42  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, life is less expensive in the South. I own an older 3-bedroom, 2-bath house with a good sized backyard. Our mortgage is $555 a month. Even the new houses this size are only going for $90,000 or so - aboutr $675 a month. It's a huge change from California, where my mom paid $750 a month for a one bedroom duplex!

Jennelle
Old 06-19-2002, 08:46 PM   #43  

WAAAHOOOO, I got a pair of pants today in a size smaller then all my other clothings I have, I was so happy when I got home and tried them on and they fit great. With a little room to left, lol.

Today was a another day OP for me. I did great today. I got my girls a pool for the house and they had a blast today. I got the mower apart and that was about all.

Jen, yea my husband is coming home for 10 days. But we have plans for almost every day. So untill he goes back, we will be very busy!!!!!! But I will be getting some help. In a week my younger sister (almost 15) will be staying with me till the day before my hubby comes home. That will mean I can get everything done with out paying much attention to the kids. She just loves them as they do with her.

Sorry I'm not able to address everyone. With my kids up, it's to much of a hassle. It almost takes me a half hour to get this done. lol

I will say that where I live is cheep. My father pays $600 a month for a 3 bedroom 1 bath (full bath, lol) living room, kitchen, basement, dining room, and living room with fireplace. He is allowed all the animals he wants and has about 1.5acres of land. It's a really nice place. My father loves it. And it's about 15 miles away from Allentown.

Well I will give you an update tomorrow, I go to the doc for a weigh in. Hopefully it's a little loss.

Talk to you all then,
Bella23
Old 06-19-2002, 09:49 PM   #44  
Old Cackler

bella, it's soooo incredibly great to see you succeeding and so happy about it!!!

i remember how sad you were when you first started. i was very worried about you. the low carb seems to be working, and you just seem so much happier, and in control, and, well, it's a major life change.

your husband will be so proud of you!!!!! you ARE woman of the year!!!!
Old 06-19-2002, 11:12 PM   #45  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Height: 5'0"

Bella,
What does your husband do for a living? I am guessing he is in the military. How do you do it with the kids alone?
I am starting to go crazy with Sara - she's 2 1/2. Time for preschool for that girl!

Tonight I maxed out on my points.. plus maybe 1 or 2 over. I have 9 banked. My girlfriend is coming this weekend and I was hoping to drink all my banked points. One day at a time right. I HAVE THE MUNCHIES!!

Have a good night all.

Dana
Closed Thread