Old 03-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

everyone on 3FC :heart:

Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #17  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

1. The best one for me is to exercise first thing in the morning; any more throughout the day is now a bonus. This is a small change, but the best one I made.

2. Always had the rule ~ you eat what I make; my DH has never complained about our dinners. As he is up before me, he usually makes his own BF; lunch too, unless I'm around and make us both some soup.

3. One-pot dinners ~ I make these 2-3 times a week now; so easy. Put lean meat of choice in medium roaster, surround with piles of veggies, and sometimes small red or white new potatoes with skins on, and let the oven do the cooking. Sometimes, I make casseroles or cottage pies out of the leftovers for another dinner.

4. Roasted Veggies ~ everytime I roast beef, chicken, or turkey (any lean meat really), I also roast a bunch of different kind of veggies, and use the leftovers throughout the week. Sometimes, I sub sweet potatoes & cauliflower for variety.

5. I also buy premade & prewashed bags of salad, especially Coleslaw and baby carrots, tomatoes, etc. So EZ to grab as are fruit like bananas, apples, grapes (wash & put in fridge so easy to grab). I also buy romaine lettuce in 3-packs becuz it is so EZ to break some up in a bowl and serve; and you save lots of money too. I cut up celery and put in a small container for the week; the same for strawberries and put some in the freeze in serving sizes as soon as I get them home (this is a must or they can go bad).

6. For cooking, I buy frozen bags of baby carrots and other veggies when the fresh aren't available or are too expensive (esp in winter here); just toss them in the pan and cook, or bake.

7. Buy serving size yogurts, puddings, applesauce, and fruit cups for snacks to grab quickly. I freeze grapes, blueberries, and other berries and eat them that way right out of the freezer.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 12:46 AM   #18  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

My list:

Looking at the goal and mini-goal pictures here at 3 Fat Chicks
Looking at the success stories on Today show's Joy Fit Club
Frozen precooked chicken breast
Frozen veggies
Steamer bags
Water, water, and some more water
Being willing to try new foods
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 312/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Default my tips?

I have actually started eating at home - versus eating out.
I have two 32 oz bottles - one for home and one for work.
I joined a group weight loss class - 8 weeks, kicks my butt!
Plan, plan, plan - still my hardest, can only do 3 days at a time.
Working on not beating myself up!!!
Fishing Gal is offline   Reply With Quote