ice heat
write down food
try to stay positive

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - soup, carrots, garlic toast
snack - ff cottage cheese
dinner - chicken, rice, salad
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

I'll try really hard to have food sanity today...I must.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #17  
Getting healthy!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

For today

B- two mini-quiches, hot tea
S- none (eating B and L too close together)
L- turkey taco (3oz ground turkey with chili powder, 1 cup spinach, 1 cup romaine, 1/2 can of black beans)
S - 1/4 roasted almonds
D- another serving of turkey taco
S- carrot and almond butter (if I'm hungry)

So that plan didn't happen. My turkey didn't thaw out so no turkey taco. Revised menu:

B- mini-quiches
S- none
L- spinach and romaine salad with a can of tuna
S- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
D- Spinach and romaine salad with a can of tuna (yes, same as lunch)
S- carrot and almond butter

exercise- hitting the hiking trail in just a few minutes.

Had a great 5k hike!

Last edited by enchantedonyx; 03-18-2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: plan changed!
enchantedonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #18  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! This is the first chance I have had to pop in here today! TOO busy! Not only did I go to the gym yesterday, but I took the dogs for a walk too! YIPPEE! Of course, my knee really hurts today, but such is life. I did call for an ortho appt, but can't get in for 3 weeks. Hopefully by then I will know something about my surgery!

The scale is still moving in my favor, which is always a good thing!

Tonight's plan is to go to the gym right after work!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:33 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks....I am hanging in there. I am trying to stay positive and cheerful for DH and his looking for a new job - but, deep down I am feeling so, so down. I must at least try to control my food. Here's my plan:

breakfast - ff cottage cheese with banana, pnb toast
lunch - egg and cheese sandwich, steamed carrots
snack - yogurt, fruit
dinner - chicken, brown rice, salad
snack -cinn. toast, applesauce

Have agreat day, folks.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:35 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

Anyone here feel good when they are NEEDED? Great, thought so! So I want to make your day! I need you! I need your prayers, I need encouraging words, I need a swift kick in the butt!

I need to pull it all together. I am at that point where I have to move forward or fall behind. And I am thankful for being able to recognize where I am before it is too late.

So I am not a 'sweets' person so much, but for the last three nights I have had sweets, what the heck? where did that come from? Other than that my eating has been good, but I need to focus more on packing lunches for work. AND the biggie is that I need to get my butt in motion--WHY is that so hard?

Speaking of butts.....anyone else feel extra flabby as they start to lose weight? I feel like my boobs are saggey, my butt is flabby and my belly is like jello....Hopefully that is a good thing, some fat is moving out and making things less firm??? anyone else or am I just a freak of nature?

Today:
B Coffee and string cheese and a Nutrigrain bar
L--did not pack it, will have some almonds green tea and ?
D Tuna sammich on the run
S WATER--no sweets, no empty calories!

Every try roasting cauliflower? I did last night, roasts much quicker than I though, and it is fantastic! completely different taste than raw or steamed! I seasoned it with a blend of curry, cinnamon, red pepper, thyme etc.... kids had it with garlic and EVOO---both ways were fantastic
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, I am on a self-discipline kick lately and my challenge to myself this week has been to stay off the internet during the day. I check my email and facebook and stuff before 9 and then after work (yeah, I'm a little early today). It's made a big difference in my productivity and I was getting a little lax about that. When you work from home you really need to keep an eye on these things. If the folks at the office start thinking you are slacking, well, that's not good!

I have missed you ladies though! Although I am still working my plan I decided to do the self-discipline focus rather than focusing on the diet, because in all the areas where I want to improve - diet, exercise, work productivity, and getting things done around the house, the root issue seems to be self-discipline. I am going to have weekly challenges because I understand it's like a muscle and if you work it, it will grow stronger!

So anyway, I am still here, and want to get back to posting my daily menus soon, but for now, I am just doing the best I can do. I actually had a really good day yesterday, but today I was in the mood to snack and ate more than I'd planned to.

redflame, I feel like I am in that same place. I don't seem to be able to lose weight right now, so I feel like I could start regaining what I've lost, or I can just try to maintain, and work on some of my issues in preparation for taking off the last bit. About the flab, it's definitely not just you. It does get better. Things aren't looking quite as saggy as they did last summer. And I LOVE roasted cauliflower. It shrinks up so much, I can eat a whole head in one sitting.

Oops, my time is up, I will come back tonight and finish my personals. Until then I wish you all a happy Thursday evening.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:03 PM   #22  
mj5

Hellllooooo! It's getting quiet around here again. Where is everyone? Do I need to start singing again????

Beverlyjoy--It's ok to feel down. You can't control dh being in the situation he is in. How is the job hunt coming? You CAN control your food plan. I know you can do it!!!

Redflame--I work in human services...of course I feel good when I am needed (don't we all???) Get moving girlfriend! You can do this!!!! (I am saying this over and over in my head to convince myself too!) Nope, not a freak of nature!!!! I think I read on here that you will start to feel more flabby and it is a good thing! I LOVE roasted cauliflower! Actually, I roast just about any veggie now w/ evoo and garlic....dh's favorite combo is cauli and broccoli--I actually cut it all up and separate it in bags, so when I get home from work, all I have to do is press some garlic cloves, add some evoo, seal the bag, shake it up and dump it on the cookie sheet and put it in the oven. NOTHING is faster than that!!!!

Today was super hectic and had to deal w/ some 'political' stuff...I hate that stuff....whatever! The good news is, I have a nice long weekend....I am off Friday and Monday. Tomorrow I am going shopping, wedding shower on sat, lunch w/ a friend on sun, and relaxing on mon. I'm sure I'll be popping in here lots! Gotta keep my focus!!!!

Have a great OP evening!
Old 03-20-2009, 04:43 AM   #23  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hi everyone!

Yup, it's been very quiet here, and I'm just as guilty as everyone else. This is going to be a quick drive by post and I'll have a proper update tomorrow.

Anyway, I've been MIA for the last couple of days because I had some bad news on Wednesday. A friend of mine committed suicide on Tuesday night and to be honest, this has been the last thing on my mind. I'm pretty angry and sad and sick, and my eating has been out of control since. I'll get through this, but yeah. It's been a tough few days.

I will come back tomorrow, but tonight I'm absolutely shattered. Went out with another friend tonight and we've kind of talked things through and I'm feeling a little better about things than I was. Talk to you all tomorrow.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:00 AM   #24  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Ladies. Happy Spring! We can think of this as a day of new beginnings. It sounds like several of us are struggling.

Nicolen - I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend. Suicide is so very horrible, especially to those of us who are left behind.

Redflame - getting mushy like jello is a good thing. This happens when we start losing the connective fat that sort of holds everything together. Now, your body will start to lose the remaining fat and you'll see that you tighten up again. Of course, any loose skin may or may not tighten up. I've heard that loose skin does get bit better for some.

Schmoodle - I also work from home and must battle the desire to log onto3FC Facebook and Plurk to chat during the day.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:20 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Just a quick pop-in chicks, I don't want to lose touch, but it is 9:14 so I am breaking my own rule right now!

But I wanted to send to nicolen, I'm so sorry about your friend. I never have understood how people can get so down that they actually see death as a release. It must be so difficult for their friends and family to deal with afterwards. I'm glad your friends are helping you get through this. Don't stop taking care of you!

And BeverlyJoy, I hope you had a good day yesterday and are feeling positive and happy today. Good luck to hubby finding something quickly!

Hello to Rhonda and mj, redflame and all the rest. I see we have some newbies, and I feel badly I haven't been able to take the time to "meet" you all yet. But I will!
I don't even know what I'm going to have for breakfast, so I'd better get on it before the day gets away from me. Happy Friday all!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:09 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

Nicolen, that is really hard news to digest, I too would be very angry. I have been in that position before, the anger is hard to get over, it is such a betrayal to those loved ones left behind.

Rhonda, what is Plurk? never heard of it before. I am constantly online at work. in and out all day. but then again I am salary, I am at the office 9 hours a day, no breaks and I am on call 24/7, so I do not feel bad about my breaks here and there

SO I have been eating sweets 3 times this week, and I lost 2 pounds. what the heck????? apparently I burned alot of calories beating myself up.
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:12 AM   #27  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Thanks everyone.

It's so sad and going to that funeral is going to be the hardest thing I've ever had to do. There's had to be an autopsy of course, and because the Coroner is backed up, the body hasn't been released yet. Probably Monday and I guess the funeral will be about Wednesday or so. He grew up across the road from me, and I can't remember him not being in my life. Heck, he walked me to school every morning! It's so sweet remembering that - I'd forgotten all about that until today. We hadn't been as close in the last few years - his wife saw me as a threat, despite the fact that if there'd been any kind of attraction between us, we would have acted on it years ago, so I backed way off. I'm feeling a bit guilty about that and I think the if onlys are going to haunt me for a while.

The reality is that this is what he wanted and as much as I hate it, I have to respect his decision. He was a social worker, and his mother's a psychiatric nurse, so he had to know how to get help if he really wanted to. I don't understand it - even when I was at my lowest 3 years ago, I never came close to this. I just feel so sick when I think of his parents as it's the second child they've lost - his little sister was born with some genetic problem and died when she was about 8 or so. They're apparently devastated, of course...

Well, on the good side of things I did make it to the gym today. On the bad side, I bought chocolate and chippies at the supermarket. My eating has been slightly better today, but it's a long way from being perfect.

But I'll get there. Thanks so much, ladies, for letting me talk. It's been a huge comfort, and you're truly some of the most fantastic, generous and kind people it's my privilege to "know". Love you all.

Last edited by nicolen; 03-21-2009 at 02:12 AM.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #28  
mj5

Hi everyone. I have not disappeared! W not working you would think I would be less busy but not so much! All good stuff though. I went shopping yesterday and to a bridal shower today. Tomorrow spending time w a friend I haven't seen in a while, so that will be fun.

Nicolen I am so sorry about your friend. I work in the mental health field, have lived through my aunt's suicide and I will still never understand what pushes a person to that point. My thoughts are with you.

Last edited by mj5; 03-22-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #29  
mj5

Good Morning everyone! I am getting ready to go spend the day w/ my friend and her daughter. It should be fun. A little worried about food because I am not sure what we will end up doing today and my choices so far this weekend have not been great. I will take things as they come, however. I have had a good breakfast and I will have a healthy snack before I leave, which will help!

Have a great op day everyone!