Old 03-16-2009, 01:52 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Accountability/Menu/Planning 16 - 22 March

Hey everyone!

Yup, it's another week already. I'm starting to notice that the mornings and the evenings are starting to close in here - it's dark just after 8pm now, and I'm not looking forward to daylight savings ending on the first week of April. I hate winter - going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark etc. Fun times - not.

So anyway, I made it to the gym this morning, and yummy trainer should now be known as yummy trainer who's created a work out plan that kicks my backside. Wow, that was really challenging. It's the first time I've done the full plan, and it took me a full 45 minutes to do the whole thing. By the time I warmed up and cooled down there was no time for cardio. To me, the best thing is knowing that had I been given that workout a few weeks ago, I wouldn't have been able to do it.

We had a quiet Monday at work today, which for us is a bit of a contradiction in terms. Phones were very quiet, but I still managed to get a complaint from a guy who's lying through his teeth. He claims he's reversed into a concrete post which split in half and then damaged the front of his car as well. Sounds believeable, doesn't it?

Anyway, where is everyone. We've had a very quiet week last week - hopefully we'll get a bit more activity this week. Shout outs to everyone - MJ, Beverly, Tammy, Numina, Schmoodle, Rhonda, everyone I've missed, and the lurkers.

Enjoy your Monday, guys!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:58 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning! Nicolen, thanks for getting us started again. Yes, we have been a bit quiet.

Today was my official weigh-in day. Honestly, I've not felt much compelled to get on the scales during the week. This is really strange for an everyday weigher such as myself. I've not managed to get myself back on track yet. I wish I knew why, but I've not allowed myself to think about it too much. I've been allowing myself to linger in this sugar fog. Today, I have an 8 hour conference call, so I don't think overeating will be a problem.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Happy Monday Chicks...I had a good visit to Cleveland. It was so nice to get away and be with family. Foot is aching...but, I'll ice extra.

My plans for today:

breakfast - egg white scramble, ketchup, applesauce, pnb toast
lunch - cottage cheese and pineapple, toast, green beans
snack - yogurt
dinner - chicken, brown rice, veggie
snack - oatmeal, raisons, milk

Nicolen - love it...'yummy trainer' - great name!

Take care, friends.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:11 AM   #4  
Getting healthy!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

For today:

breakfast- two mini-quiches (without cheese) and hot tea
snack- salad
lunch- chili
snack- almonds
snack #2 (if needed before the gym) - more chili
dinner- chicken breast and baked sweet potato

going to the gym after work.

Have a great day everyone!
enchantedonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:18 AM   #5  
Just Starting Out

S/C/G: 303.4/252.6/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Can I join you guys?

I am officially getting back on track this week. I have strayed from menu planning to a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants style of eating. But I've decided that I really want to be at a healthy weight and its time to just get serious about this and do it! So, my menu plan for today...

B - granola and Lite n Fit yogurt
L - salmon salad on ww bun, blueberries
S - strawberries, 2 mandarin oranges (depending on hunger)
S - Pure Chewy Cashew bar
D - pork loin chops and baked yam w. brown sugar/honey
S - tea

Exercise - 20 min. walk or 1-Mile WATP
peachinabrownbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #6  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I am SO tired!!!! We had our big move today at work....I know I should go to the gym, but (there's always a but, isn't there??) my knee really hurts and I don't want to be in pain all week. I probably overdid it today during the move (up and down several flights of stairs carrying boxes....hey, maybe that counds on some exercise??? yea, ok I'm reaching!!!)

I am going to go home and have a healthy dinner and rest. I may even take some of the 'big' pain meds...yea, it hurts that bad....that's what is making me decide not to go to the gym. I know I *should* but at the same time, I don't want to end up hurting myself more. Dh has to work until late, so I will probably snooze w/ the dogs. My gym clothes are all packed and ready to go, so I WILL go to the gym tomorrow.

I am actually pretty much unpacked at work....now if I can just figure out how I want my desk and stuff...I have it set up now and it looks 'ok', I'm just not sure it's the way I want it yet.

Have a great OP evening!!!

Ok, I said it, now I MUST be accountable for going to the gym tomorrow.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 312/309/175

Height: 5'7

Lets see...
B- 24 Whole Grain mini-wheats (thats 1 serving) with FF milk. Also, a nonfat iced mocha. That seems to be the one thing I can't stop myself from having.
L- 1 turkey wrap with FF mayo and 1C romaine salad with 1/4c cheese. 12 oz green tea.
S- Yogurt
D- Grilled chicken breast with veggies.
S- Skinny cow bar.
faithsdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #8  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

B:
1/4 cup steel cut oats
1 pkg sf peaches

S:
1/8 cup soy nuts...I ran out or would have eaten more!

L:
Smart Ones Meal--pasta and veggies

S:
15 almonds

Supper:
I dont know....I am in a food rut! I hate food ruts...must get inspired by somebody soon!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

Hey girls, I am trying to get back into the swing of things. Luckily I have not been off track on my plan, I just need the accountability, food is not my enemy right now, it is the negative talking inside my head

Apparently I am needing some calcium; see by my meals so far today:
B cottage cheese
L yogurt and cheese stick and almonds
Dinner......I think pepper steak with rice, or teriaki steak with stir fry
and lots of green tea through the day.

I found a fantastic recipe on www.recipezaar.com put KALE SLAW into the search box.. This stuff is GREAT, it has a spicey bite to it, and takes a ton of different spices, although many times jsut 1/3 of a teaspoon. But we love it so much I just multiplied the spices by 6 and made a spice blend so now for 6 times I dont have to get each individual bottle out......like I said it has a spicey kick to it, but it is great and super healthy. I used part mayo and part plain yogurt and will probably use all yogurt next time.

Hope spring is trying to reach your neck of the woods, it is here with the sun, but the temps are still super low, in fact last week we had 13 degrees one morning.
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

I'm going to jump back into the forum if no one minds. Nursing school has taken it's toll and I've regained some pounds that I didn't want to. I want to get that weight off and finish the 100 pound project I started two years ago.

Food today -
B - 2 wasa with one piece cheese melted on top, coffee
S - 4 saltines with peanut butter after the gym
L - low fat muffin, orange
S - alfresco taco bell chicken taco
D - grilled chicken salad
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:07 AM   #11  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Hello lovelies!

I had a mixed day today. The workout was good, but the food was bad. My boss celebrated his 40 year anniversary working with the company today and we had a morning tea. And I indulged. Big time. I'm just about to give up on this week because I know I'm going out for dinner Thursday and Friday, but I'm determined to make good choices for the rest of the week.

Anyway, the gym was interesting. I got talking to someone when I was getting dressed - seriously, why do people insist on starting a conversation when you're naked. I'm not a complete prude, but I think looking at the person you're speaking to is important and it's kind of hard when you're both naked to stay looking at someone without...yeah, we'll leave that there! Anyway, she said I was turning up a lot and asked how I was going. I did say that I didn't think exercise would ever become natural to me. It's interesting - you see the same faces, but I don't recall seeing her before. Or at least paying her any attention before and she's obviously been noticing me!

The groceries have arrived, yay! I didn't order salmon this fortnight, so they couldn't forget it, but I have got some very nice pears. Yum!

Rhonda, you've got back on track before and I know you'll do it again! You've had a rough few weeks between your illness and your workload that you need to just give things time - you'll get there when the time is right!

Beverly, I'm thrilled you had a great visit. And he really is a yummy trainer! I know there's a photo of him on the gym's website, so I must post the link at some stage so you can all see what I mean!

Onyx, since I don't remember seeing you around before, welcome! And if I'm losing my mind and you've been a regular, hi!

Peach, welcome! That salmon salad sounds so nice! And the little girl in your avatar is such a cutie - is she your daughter?

MJ, how's the knee today? If you're feeling OK, get to that gym!

Daisy, welcome to you as well!

Mug, know what you mean about food ruts! You're a veggie, aren't you? Have you had a look for some recipes online to see if they're any good - I know the UK Vegetarian Society has some really good recipes, so it may be worth doing a bit of googling!

Red, good to have you back! Down here, the temperature's going the other way. Oh well...

Traci, I remember you! Welcome back!

So the menu today was:

B - porridge with dried apricots

S - boiled egg

S/L - deep fried mushrooms x 3, potato croquette, chocolate cake.

D - leftover curried chicken, vegies and rice

Told you it was bad. Tomorrow will be a fantastic, on-plan day!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:37 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Here I am! We had such a busy weekend and yesterday was catch-up day. I feel like I'm really getting started on my week today, so I am behind, but maybe I can convince myself that means only a 4-day week for me?
Happy St Paddy's day to the Irish-ish Americans. And Happy Feast Day to all the Catholic-ish Patricks out there (my DH is one).
I need to get my girl moving, but I will be back in a bit to chat and post the menu.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #13  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Hi guys! I'm going to join right in if that's okay

My plans for today:

Breakfast: Kashi Go Lean about 3/4 cup, vanilla almond milk, half a banana and some granola

Lunch: Whole wheat pita, hummus, fat free swiss, and some spinach. Probably a little spinach salad on the side.

Snack: Fiber one bar or some greek yogurt with granola and fresh fruit.

Supper: Leftover gumbo (1 cup) and brown rice (3/4 cup)

Have a great day all!
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #14  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Welcome to everyone who has decided to join us. I look forward to getting to know you.

I don't have time for personals this morning, but nicolen--THANK YOU!! My knee is a bit better, not great, but better. I am going to hit the gym right after work. There, I said it, so I must do it!

I have my gym clothes in the car, I just filled up my water bottle and I packed myself a healthy lunch and some snacks. I am good to go for today and to get back on track--for real! The scale seems to be moving in the right direction, not back to my ticker weight, yet, but that's ok...it will get there!

The one dress I ordered doesn't fit, yet. I didn't think it would--it's cut really straight. BUT, I have decided to keep it and use it as my goal dress. I told dh that as soon as it fits we are going to have a HOT date night!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #15  
Just Starting Out

S/C/G: 303.4/252.6/175

Height: 5'5"

Nicole - she's my niece and she is a cutie!

mj5 - girl, your HOT date is just around the corner!

I was POP yesterday , which was the first time in 6 weeks, so it was pretty empowering. I am in those early stages where the mere mention of fatty foods makes me want to chuck everything and pig out! Somehow, I have to move past that and continue on a healthier path.

Today, the plan is:

B - yogurt + granola

L- lean sirloin burger on ww bun + strawberries

S - Pure bar and/or fruit (depending on hunger)

D - salmon + rice + sugar snap peas (I may change my mind since I had salmon yesterday)

S - tea before bed

Oh, yeah, I exercised yesterday!

Believe me that's a rarity. I'm hoping to make it a regular thing. *Keep your fingers crossed for me!*
peachinabrownbag is offline   Reply With Quote