Old 11-13-2008, 02:37 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I tend to bounce on and off the scale myself. It used to make me a little neurotic, but not anymore. Now I just view it as entertainment. I am completely fascinated by how much my weight changes through the course of a day.
Me too! My scale is in the downstairs powder room and sometimes I get on it right after dinner just to see how much I ate.

I know ... that's weird. But I have learned so much about the way my body works by weighing myself regularly and then by doing so at odd times of the day and seeing how the results fluctuate.

I know that I will gain and lose up to 6lb a day, depending on what I eat or drink.
I know that I will not show a weight loss just by going to the bathroom.
I know that I will gain more weight 2 days after eating a lot of salty stuff (or 2 days after having sushi, which I will drown in soy and wasabi)
I know that I will gain 3-5 lbs right before my period and then will "whoosh" it all off on the 4th day.
I know that my lowest weight of the day is within 30 mins after I get up.
I know that my jeans weigh 1.2 lbs.

For me it's interesting and fun ... but if it makes you insane, then by all means, lock up the scale and make it harder to weigh yourself more than 1x per week. It's not worth anguishing over, that's for sure!

>
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:42 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm like photochick...on and off the scale at least twice a day...and often more.

Right now I love getting on the scale whatever it says. Only my "official Monday morning weight" counts...but the rest of the time I try to focus on how happy I am to see that number. (Wow, remember when it was 40 pounds higher!) Do what works...
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:11 AM   #18  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I say take your scale to your neighbors house and ask to borrow it once a week. I'm an obsessive/compulsive person. Being compulsive got me to 333 pounds. Being compulsive has also brought on many other harmful addictions that I've had to break over the years. Weighing yourself 3 times a day won't hurt you...but what happens when you find you gained 3 pounds after eating? Your standing in the bathroom feeling terrible because there is 3 more pounds on that damn scale. What do you do? Smile and walk away? Cry and walk away? Puke and weigh yourself again? Of course not every "scale addict" become bulimic, but every bulimic is a scale addict. To me, in my humble oppenion, weighing (several times) daily is setting yourself up for more harmful addictions.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 11-14-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote