Old 10-18-2008, 07:02 AM   #31  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!

Lyn--I also be praying that your little one has improved!!! Now I feel a little silly for going on and on about my dog when you are dealing with something so very serious. I am really sorry. You are such a strong woman. I cannot imagine going through everything you are going through and the added stress of your husband. Keep us posted on how she is doing!!! And how you are doing too!!

cfmama--Those spices sound wonderful!!! And getting most of them free is even better! I have to say, I am getting lots of ideas from your menus! Thanks for sharing them!

So I have decided to start counting today (hopefully) as day one of being on plan again. I have REALLY taken a look at what I have been eating while on vacation and while it hasn't been terrible, we have eating out quite a bit and I haven't made the best choices. Certainly not the worst choices either, but not the best. We have walked A LOT, but most of it was while shopping, so not really get your heart-rate-up kind of walking (I don't think finding good bargains counts!). I have maintained so far this week, still hoping for a small loss, but it not it's ok.

I think I mentioned that I found a onederland reward...it is an awesome short sleeve sweater, dark burgundy (my favorite color). I WILL wear it soon!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:39 AM   #32  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for all of your encouragement. I really appreciate it.

mj- CONGRATS on getting to onederland. You are an inspiration.
cfmama - those spices look great!

I spent like 4 hours at the mall yesterday walking around, trying on clothes. Didn't eat much the whole day, but it's about what I SHOULD be eating (bowl of cereal, stir fry for lunch, skinny cow type generic ice cream bar & a chicken salad sandwich). The scale said 287.5 today, which is certainly a start.

I found a black dress at Lane Bryant... I was very happy about it, because I wasn't even looking at the tags and I found one that I really liked... turns out it was on clearance, and the clearance was 40% off, so in the end it was $17.99. Not bad! Now I just needs to get some shoes and a purse, and perhaps a little cover-up shawl or something. The event is this evening, so I better get dressed and get out there!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks...I stayed with my plan yesterday - I am grateful. (day 3 - yay ) My foot is very sore ...but, manageable. I'll keep icing it.

Today we have company coming over to watch the OSU/ MSU game. I've planned to put out some fresh strawberries, veggies & lite dip, and chips and salsa (for DH). We all decided we would get Chinese takeout at half time. I'll get some healthy steamed veggie dumplings with dipping sauce. (healthy) DH did buy a cherry pie in Michigan this week. So, I'll count in a taste of that.

log food
stretches
meditation
lots of water
ice/heat
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle with npnb, apple
lunch - black beans with lite cheese, salsa, green bean salad with lite vinegarette
snack - veggies and dip, strawberries
dinner - steamed veggie dumplings, tiny taste of cherry pie with a spoon of ice cream
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

Lyn - I hope your little one is improving. It’s hard to see a little one being poked and prodded. You are making progress - good job on your bike. Hang in there!

Rakel - Glad you found something on sale on clearance. That's great.

Cfmama - 21 days on plan is GREAT. That’s wonderful. All those free spice sound wonderful. I love using fun spices too. Good plans....always gives me a few ideas.

Mj - I am so glad the lump on your doggie is just a fatty cyst. Don’t ever apologize for loving or worrying about a pet - they are family too! Your onederland reward sounds great...it’s a wonderful incentive.

Bigcatmama - Welcome - so glad you are joining us!! Great job on getting those numbers down. It’s a great accomplishment.

Ginger - sorry to hear you had to miss out at the gym because of DH’s trip. Maybe have a back up plan...video or something at home. Do it with the kids!! Maybe dancing.

Shout out to Rhonda, Schmoodle and all. Have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 10-18-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #34  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone,

it's great to see so many of us around now!! I made it to the gym yesterday morning and I went again in the evening. No, I am not crazy. I usually have 2.5 hours in the mornings while kids are in preschool to go to the gym. I skipped out early to get some grocery shopping done, and I did it mainly because my head was killing me. I needed food and an advil and it was all due to poor planning on my part. I ended up at the grovery store, bought the bananas first, ate one, then went back to actually do the shopping. I was so hungry I was actually shaking. Why I thought it was okay to skip breakfast, and then hit the gym is beyond me. I was up at 630am with the kids, and I didn't get to the grocery store till almost 10:45am. Lesson learned. So I went back in the evening to catch up on some cardio and because hubby was home, I could go out.

Lyn- I read your blog, I know about your little girl I can't even imagine trying to lose weight and be under that kind of stress. I really feel for you but that said, I think you are doing just great! You remain a constant inspiration to me.

cfmama- 22 lbs in 21 days - WOW. You know, I haven't lost much weight, and I KNOW in my heart of hearts its related to what I am eating. It doesn't matter that I am kicking it at the gym. I see your posts, I know what you are eating and I need to do the same in order to see some results. I had a banana this morning a TWO chocolate chip cookies. There, I said it! It's hindering me and it's a shame to waste all my hard work at the gym.

Mj- I am with you! I have to actually start counting my calories or really paying attention to my portion sizes.

Beverly - yes, I do have a back-up plan - it's my treadmill. It's more of an inner anger thing...being forced to stay home with the kids and not getting the gym time I "deserve"...it's not real...it's just my schedule being changed without my consent type of thing. Also, he was only supposed to be gone one night and when it turned to two, internally for me it got ugly. It's more of a whiny 4 year old inside of me. <pout>. I am a big girl, I know I will get over it. And there are PLENTY of things I can do at home. I was just being a big fat whiner. The world doesn't revolve around me (of course it does!) and things change, and I need to learn to deal with it and make another plan. It's sort of like needing to get the job. I really don't want to go back to work, my health and the gym being my main priority. But if it means we can't keep our house, well then I'm am happy to get to work. My family needs this right now and in the long run I think it will work out great. I am a people person, I loved working before I had kids, and a big part of me feels missing because of that. But I didn't know how much I would LOVE being home with my kids too. Having triplets has been the hardest thing I have ever done, because it has challenged me emotionally, physically, and it's really a huge test in my life. It's changed me in so many ways. I guess as long as I can find the strength (and not find the excuses) to keep finding the gym time I will be okay.

Rakel- glad you found something you liked! I love your siggy- attempt #344565!! hahahaha.

Hi Bigcat mamma!!! Welcome! You are doing a great job!

Okay, I'm off,
Check out my new post on binge eating....on my website. I'd write about it here, but I don't want to re-write it all!!

Cheers,
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:36 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

cfmama ~ congrats on 21 days! Your meals look great.

mj ~ oh I love my dog too! I would be flipping if anything was wrong with him. Love is love Thanks for the well wishes for my sweetie.

Beverlyjoy ~ thanks also! I am glad you're doing well on your plan.

Ginger ~ wow, that's great that you are getting some "me time" at the gym. Sounds like you are getting your SELF back a bit... I know for the last 2 years I was kinda running in Mommy Mode all the time and it's tough to remember that we are someone BESIDES a mommy too. I'm glad you're able to take care of yourself... and I hope you're getting some sleep, too My daughter has been waking up every 2 hours saying "cover me up!" it's been colder at night and she kicks off her blanket. I am considering getting her a sleeping bag so I can get some rest!

Schmoodle and all you other wonderful folks: stay with it, be well, have a great weekend

I am making tacos tonight with groiund turkey if I have it... maybe half lean beef, depending on what's in the freezer. I got some of those high fiber, low carb flour tortillas by Mission. They have 110 cal and 11g fiber (!!!) each, and the kids don't know. They're soft and nice and everyone likes them!

Last edited by Lyn2007; 10-18-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:39 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, I'm back! Just wanted to pop in and say "hi." We got in late last night and I've been unpacking and doing laundry all day. It's nice to have the weekend to get settled back in before work or school. We had a fantastic time, I'll post some pix later when I get them downloaded. Or is it uploaded in this case?
Anyway, I am proud to say that I mostly behaved myself and just had a few treats here and there, but mostly made good choices. I was happy to find that it was possible to have good healthy food at WDW. I was a little worried I'd be eating Chicken Ceasars all week and the kids would be eating only nuggets, burgers, and french fries. With all the walking, I think I maintained. I weighed in this morning and the scale says the same as when I left, but I am hoping some of it is water because I had some salty stuff the last couple of days. I am pushing the water this weekend, and as soon as I grocery stop, it's back on Phase I SB to kick things back into gear. DH will be home in a few weeks, and I'd love to drop a few more lbs by then!
Well, I'll try to catch up as soon as I can. Anything exciting happen while I was gone? I see Rakel is back, hooray! And some new friends to meet, welcome!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:40 PM   #37  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hello Chickies!!!!

Thanks for all of the compliments ladies You make my heart smile

Tomorrow's menu:
B- 1 pc sprouted grain toast, 1 T pb (organic natural) 1 container yogurt
s- banana and 1/2 cup cottage cheese
L- field greens salad with cukes, mushrooms, red onions, 2/3 cup crab, 2 T red pepper and parm dressing and 1 serving Indian lentil soup
s- fruit sauce and 1/4 cup almonds
D- 1 soft taco with ww tortilla, 1/2 cup lean ground beef, 2 T sour cream, 2 T salsa, cucumbers and lettuce
S- 100 cal smart pop and 1 serving cheddar cheese

day 22 on plan today! Yayyy!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #38  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! So our vacation is winding down....I'm a little sad, but it's ok...gotta be able to pay the bills, right?! Plus, I need somewhere to wear those new clothes!

Rakel--Congrats on finding a dress and at such a bargain! How was the event? Thanks, but I am not at onderland, yet. Almost...

Beverlyjoy--Sounds like you have a great plan! Have fun w/ your company. Thanks...I love my 'girls' so much!!! Part of it is, my dad went w/ me to get Casey (the one w/ the lump) and he would always come up and visit the 'girls'--especially on Sunday mornings. We would have coffee and play. I miss those times so much.

ginger--Good for you for getting some healthy food and then finishing your grocery shopping. You WILL get the food part worked out--that's what did it for me, I stated to think about my workouts and the hard work I was putting in, eventually it all clicked. It is great seeing more activity around here, isn't it!

Lyn--Mm, tacos. That is great that you can 'sneak' in healthy stuff and the kids don't even know! Great job!!!

Schmoodle--Welcome back!!! Sounds like you had a great trip! I always like to have a day or two to get caught up on things before heading back to work after a vacation too...that way you don't feel like you need a vacation from your vacation! can't wait to see the pics! That's great that dh will be home soon!!! Hope he gets to be home for a while!

cfmama--day 22 is fantastic!

Rhonda--how are you?

Today is 'lazy day' for me and the dogs. Dh has a baseball card show he is going to, so we are going to just lounge...really, I need to rest my knee, but I plan on finding some movies and just relaxing for the day. The laundry is done, dinner is all set--just has to be cooked later, the house is as clean as it is going to get today...yep it's going to be a lazy day!

Later when dh gets home we are going to start making our shopping/gift lists for the holidays. Since I don't know when I will be having surgery, I want to start planning ahead. I will know more on the 27th (at least which procedure will be done). I know my knee surgery won't be before the end of the year, but the other surgery could be. Guess that means I will FINALLY have my shopping done early for once--I always say I am going to, but never do.

Ok, I need to get some breakfast...going for OP day #2 today!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #39  

Hi chicks! I made it thru yesterday mostly on plan. I am grateful. I ate about 150 extra calories - that’s not going to make a huge difference in the scheme of my world.

Today my mom is coming over for supper. I must pay the mid month bills and write and send a press release to the paper for my group’s next performance venue.

log food
lots of water
stretches
meditation
PMA
ice/heat

breakfast - pnb toast, boca bacon, strawberries
lunch - cheese omlette (egg whites & lite cheese) with brocolli, red peppers and onions, toast,
snack - smoothie - yogurt and ½ frozen banana
dinner - cup of chili, celery s stuffed with a bit of ff cream cheese
snack - cereal, milk, fruit

Ginger - you’re becoming a ‘gym rat’ - love it. It’s wonderful that you are able to fit it in and DH is good about watching the the triplets while you get your ‘me time’. Yes, take care of your blood sugar - I think a banana is good. I can’t imagine the energy it takes with triplets!

Lyn - your taco’s with turkey sound so good. I am so glad to see you here today. Yay!

Schmoodle - Welcome back! I am so glad you and the children had a good time in Mouse Town. It’s wonderful that you were able to find good stuff and not just eat salads. It’s a huge accomplishment to have a smiling scale after a vacation.
Good for you. It’s nice to hear that Dh is coming home soon.

Cfmama - your menu always sounds like a wonderful healthful array of tasty goodies. Sprouted grain bread sounds yummy. Day 22 rocks!

MJ - enjoy your last day of vacation. Getting the xmas shopping done ahead is good planning with your surgery ahead. I didn’t realize it would come so soon. Take care of that knee. Ya know - I use some cd’s with chair aerobics and chair dancing to do upper body sometimes. These can be done sitting in a chair.

Have a great day everyone.

Shout out to Rhonda, yoga, bigcatmamma, rakel, goodtolaugh and anyone else stopping by.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 10-19-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Welcome back Schmoodle!

It sounds like you guys are doing pretty well. I am, too (finally). I just made myself a HUGE omelette for breakfast, with Egg Beaters, 2 bacon (80 cal total), a big handful of mushrooms, onions, about 3c baby spinach, and an ounch of grated chedder. Had that with a small piece of wheat toast and iced pomegranate green tea and it was fantastic!!

Lunch is going to be baby leeks and asparagus (sauteed) and some homemade, low fat potato salad (just a small amount, I am craving it).

Dinner will be pot roast with light gravy and light mashed taters and petite green peas. YUM.

Snacks will *probably* be grapes, maybe a yogurt, maybe an apple.

Lots of water, 30 min on the bike, and strength training... that's my goal!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #41  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

mj5- what kind of dogs do you have? I wish you luck on getting the shopping done early!
Beverlyjoy-great job staying within 150 cals of your target! That's awesome!
Lyn2007- that omelet sounds amazing. Yum!

Well I've already done my menu for tomorrow as I spend a good portion of today sweeping and washing floors, scrubbing bathrooms, vacuuming, changing beds, washing daycare bedding and rags, bleaching toys, washing windows... lol! I'll get my workout

So menu for tomorrow is:
B- 1 pc sprouted grain bread, 1T pb and yogurt
s- banana and 1/4 cup almonds
L- 2 hard boiled eggs, 3 oz salmon fillet, raw carrots, cukes and mushrooms
s- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup thawed strawberries, 1 muesli crunch wasa
D- 13 steamed baby shrimp on one cup jasmine rice with 2T mandarin orange dressing on top, 1 cup steamed california veggies
s- 100 cal smart pop and 1 serving cheddar cheese

and for the record, my kids and hubby eat the same dinner and most of the same snacks that I eat every day. They all usually eat a banana and yogurt for breakfast and then the girls get soup or pasta packed for lunch with lots of fruits, veggies, cheese, grains.

It's strange. I've always fed my family SO healthfully. I'm an organic eating, granola crunching hippy so our days menu's for the kids have not changed... but I wouldn't eat until dinner somedays and then go out AFTER the kids in bed to get chips, chocolate, slurpies etc. My body and my pocketbook both feel SO MUCH BETTER.

And the cool thing? This does not effect the kids at all. Because they are already used to eating this way. Both my girls are dancers (ballet, jazz, song and dance) and slim slim slim (my 5 year old is 39 lbs and 44 inches tall and my 7 year old is 58 lbs and 54 inches.) Our little guy is very healthy as well.

Okay I'm rambling. I need to clean. Procrastinate much?
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #42  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

This is a quickie!

'gym rat'

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love you beverly....that's so sweet of you, you made my day!!!!

Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:53 AM   #43  

Hi Chickies! Happy Monday! I stayed with my plan yesterday - I am grateful. That five good days in a row. It feels so good.

Today I will go to the doctor and get my foot wrapped. I think I’ll have to do some rearranging of programs and reschedule the ones that I can to get over this latest flare up. I hate doing that - but, my foot won’t calm down unless I do this.

doctor's appointment - get my foot wrapped

log food
stretches
lots of water
heat/ice
meditation
PMA

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - cottage cheese, brocolli with parm, whole grain crackers
snack - cheese toast, apple
dinner - chili, celery
snack - cereal, strawberries, skim milk

Ginger - I am so glad that calling you a ‘gym rat’ tickled you so - and made you smile. You are very dedicated to your workout. It’s good.

Cfmama - it’s wonderful that you’ve brought your kids up on healthy foods and that you already like healthy food. It won’t be a transition for anyone. Great! I agree....cleaning IS exercise. (Do you have a childcare in your home?)

Lyn - Good plan! Go girl and be healthy.

Shout out to MJ, Schmoodle, Rhonda, Rakel, Yoga and anyone else that stops by.