3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Menu/Accoutability/Planning - Week of October 13 -19. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/153931-menu-accoutability-planning-week-october-13-19-a.html)

Beverlyjoy 10-13-2008 05:47 AM

Menu/Accoutability/Planning - Week of October 13 -19.

Hi folks...do you need a place to put down your daily plans or menu? Is accountability helpful for you? Or..would you like a little bit of extra support? If so...please post here! :)

Beverlyjoy 10-13-2008 05:58 AM

Hi Chicks...yesterday was great and OP all day until bedtime. I was feeling alot of foot pain and I ate about 600 extra calories. It was sheer frustration and stress. I am so mad at myself for turning to food. Old habits die hard. In the last week - I've had three evening binges. This is not good. I will need to figure this out. The last thing I want to do is gain my weight back. I am angry at myself. I know that isn't productive - but, I will journal about it. I am glad that every day is a new beginning. I think fear of the unknown with this foot is creeping into my thoughts. Also, fear of a surgery that isn't always very successful and has a very long recovery - 5-6 months.

Today -
meditation
ice/heat
stretches - chi gong
journal food
PMA =I'll try
lots of water

breakfast - egg white omlette with salsa, pnb toast, strawberries
lunch - cottage cheese, lima beans, veggies and dip
snack - cereal, raisins, milk
dinner - pork chop, salad, noodles
snack - apple, pnb

I'll be back later for personals and my plan.

cfmama - I love the nursing marathon! I was a nursing mom 29 years ago - nursed mine till he was 2.5 too. Your plan looks good.

ginger - you are doing so well with your working out. I think once you get into a real routine and rhythm - the weight loss and food will fall into place more easily.

MJ - hope your knee is better! New glasses are fun. Enjoy this week of vacation!

Shout out to schmoodle, rhonda, yoga, lyn and everyone else.

Have a GREAT day.

mj5 10-13-2008 07:30 AM

Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--As always, thanks for starting us off! I am sorry to hear that you are struggling w/ binging at nighttime. I know you will get this figured out. The physical stuff is such a pain to deal with!!!! I wish there was better news for your foot! Keep working at it, you WILL get this figured out!

I am LOVING being on vacation! Not sure what we are doing today, but that's the whole point!

I am down 2lbs this week and I am very happy!

Oh, the dogs are barking to go out...I'll be back later!

goodtolaff 10-13-2008 10:09 AM

Hi Guys, I am new here and starting back today:) I have been on low carb and lost 20 lbs THEN Life got in the way and I have been eating like a normal person which just doesnt work for me. I have not been on the scale but I feel YUCKY!!!
So I am now off low carb and counting calories, coming to the Chicks website and reading everything..

cfmama 10-13-2008 01:55 PM

I'm a little sad that my nursing days are over... but I live vicariously through my mom's ;)

Menu for today (thanksgiving)

B- 1 pc orowheat sprouted grain toast, 1 T pb and medium banana
s- 1/2 cup cottage cheese and pickle
L- serving Indian Lentil soup and a spinach salad with red onion, tomato's, cukes and imitation crap (2/3 cup) and roasted red pepper and parm dressing
s- 2 muesli wasa bread and a fruit cup (unsweetened mango)
D- 2 medium slices turkey, 1 medium potato, 1/4 cup stuffing, 1 ww roll, 2 cups romaine salad with dressing, 1/8 cup gravy and 1 slice ham ;)
s-1/2 cup grapes and one bag 100 smart popcorn

kissingginger 10-13-2008 04:12 PM

Welcome goodtolaff!! You'll find lots of support here. Post to us whatever you are feeling or a menu or whatever! It's a great place 3FC and it helps me a lot.

Beverly, sorry you are still struggling. I know how hard it is.

MJ- I am so jealous of your holiday - sounds like fun, just not knowing what you are going to do...hope you are really enjoying it! And down 2lbs must feel good too.

Okay, so I am missing the gym a bit, and I would go today, but it's thanksgiving. Okay, maybe I will call in a bit and go. I don't know, I'm confused. I actually feel guilty calling just to see if they are open--what is wrong with me. Or maybe I am trying to talk myself out of it.

Ugh. In the meantime, I'm not losing huge amounts of weight, but my underwear are falling down. HA!

Cheers,
Ginger

kissingginger 10-13-2008 10:55 PM

Okay, I ended up at the gym. Why was I being so dumb about it? I called and she said they were open till 4pm. I get there, and there's lots of people there! Doh!

So I got a nice workout in, and then off to the inlaws for thanksgiving dinner which I really enjoyed. There was lots of choices and grandma is really good at making sure the veggies are just steamed and she offers sauces on the side. Plus she made a really nice spinach salad with kiwi. Yum. I did eat a fair bit, I definitely call it indulging, but I wasn't overstuffed. I felt normal and with peace with my decisions on what to eat/what not to eat.

Today at the gym I did legs - quads, hams, calves, and abs along with a nice amount of cardio. Everything hurts but my upper body.

So I think I have a new rule. If it hurts to walk up the stairs, I've had a good workout. Cause that seems to be the MO around here. Seriously, the weight is not coming off, but BOY are my clothes fitting differently.

Okay, off to rest and then to bed :)

Night, Ginger

cfmama 10-13-2008 11:56 PM

October 14

B- 1 slice sprouted grain toast with pb, unsweetened applesauce and cup of cup
s- 2 hardboiled eggs and 2 sesame wasa breads
L- large spinach salad with cukes, snap peas, red onions, baby tomato's, 2/3 cup fake crab and 1/4 cup peanuts. Topped with roasted red pepper and parm dressing
s- rice cake and 1/2 cup cottage cheese
D- 6 boiled perogies, 2 cups steamed california mix veggies (with celtic sea salt sprinkled) and sour cream
s- 100 cal smart pop (yes i love my popcorn!) and a large peach

mj5 10-14-2008 05:30 AM

Good Morning! How is everyone doing today? My knee was really sore yesterday, so I took it easy for the most part. I did finish going through my side of the closet and before I could think about it too much, I called my sister and sent over a big bag of clothes for her to go through. Anything she doesn't want isn't even coming back to my house.....it is going to my grandmother's for her garage sale. I am determined NOT to wear those sizes again, so no need to have them in the house!

Yesterday was OP day #9 for me--I don't have my next reward picked out, but we are going shopping on Thursday so hopefully I will find one then.

Today dh and I are going to the farmers market to see what yummy veggies we can find. Then we have a few errands to run. Not sure what else we will do. Thursday is 'retail therapy shopping day'....we are going to a really big mall near my sister and bil's house, then to their house for dinner. That should be fun.

Oh....I don't think I mentioned, I am not going to that conference at the fancy resort now. There are some staffing/coverage issues at work and while I REALLY want to go, I offered to stay back to cover. My supervisor is really impressed that I offered to cover (so is our Executive Director)--which will look MUCH better if we are able to restructure our programs (ie: hopefully a promotion for me!). That's not why I offered to stay back, but it certainly doesn't hurt!

goodtolaff--Welcome! This is a great site! Lots of info and support.

cfmama and kissinginger--Hope you had a very nice Thanksgiving!

kissinginger--Funny how we start to miss the gym, isn't it? Good for you for getting in a workout, even on a holiday. Keep up the good work! I know w/ weight training and cardio together, I see faster changes in my body. Good for you!!!! Yea for underwear falling down! ;) dh and I take this same week in October every year--our anniv is the 12th, and we just don't make any plans--just kind of play things by ear. I have to say, it's my favorite week off! Of course, fall is my absolute favorite time of year and we are getting lucky again this year--some gorgeous weather!

Ok, I really, really need some coffee!! Ok, maybe not need....

Hi to Beverlyjoy, Rhonda, Lyn, Schmoodle, and everyone else!

Beverlyjoy 10-14-2008 07:20 AM

Hi chicks....yesterday was better.

Today we get new carpet in the living room (spending that stimulus check).

ice/heat
log food
lots of water
journal meditate
stretches
PMA

breakfast - apple, pnb toast
lunch - black beans with lite cheese, salsa, red pepper strips
snack - fiber one bar, strawberries
dinner - chili
snack - oatmeal, 1/2 banana, cinn., almond butter, milk

MJ - CONGRATS of losing 2 more pounds. :carrot::carrot: You are doing fantastically. Go girl. Enjoy your vacation day.

cfmama - great plan! :)

ginger - glad you could get to the gym. Hooray for Grandma and her healthy veggies! :D

WELCOME goodtolaff - join right in here. Also, introduce yourself on a separate thread if you like - you'll get more welcomes. :)

Hi to Rhonda, Lyn, Schmoodle and everyone else.

mj5 10-14-2008 07:40 PM

Hi again!

Beverlyjoy--Yea for a better day! Hope you love the new carpet! We fixed part of our roof w/ our stimulus check...it definitely came in handly!

Today we ran some errands and went to lunch. Just had a fun day....I LOVE fall...we could smell the leaves and the colors are gorgeous.

Oh, I haven't given you the update on the weight loss group talk. I have decided not to do it, at least for now. The leader is pretty hard-core about couting calories (she thinks that is the ONLY way to lose weight)--and pretty much berates anyone who doesn't do it her way. I don't even know who to count calories, nor do I plan to learn. I am really surprised my SIL is participating in a group like that, doesn't sound terribly supportive to me, but whatever. Although....I would almost like to go and prove that it can be done w/ out counting cals...I'm just not in the mood for taking on someone else's drama right now.

Ok, I need to get ready to watch Biggest Loser.

I'll chat w/ you tomorrow.

Beverlyjoy 10-15-2008 06:58 AM

Yesterday was a struggle...I am determined to have a healthy sane day with food today.

The new carpet looks so nice! It just 'freshens up' the whole space.

programs this morning (please send 'good vibes' to my foot please - as it is so sore)

meditation
water
log food
stretches
ice/heat
PMA - I'll try

breakfast - pnb toast, egg white scramble with salsa, applesauce
lunch - tuna and mayo, toast, red pepper strips and dip
snack - cottage cheese, cereal, milk
dinner - pancake, boca, sfsyrup, green beans
snack - oatmeal, milk, raisins

MJ - sounds like you are enjoying your vacation. Glad to hear you've made a decision about the talk. Your reasoning makes perfect sense....especially because your plan isn't what the leader wants every one to do. I guess I don't even know what plan you do follow - what is your plan, anyway. It's a good one - because you are doing so, so well and you seem to live with it very well too.

Quiet here yesterday....shout out to ginger, cfmama, yoga, Rhonda, Lyn and Schmoodle (hope you're having fun in Mouse Town)

GirlyGirlSebas 10-15-2008 08:45 AM

Hi Friends,

I've been lurking, but I'm back in the saddle again. Today is on-plan day #1 and I'm on my way to Onederland.

Have a great on-plan day!

cfmama 10-15-2008 03:56 PM

I'm cheering you on Beverly!!! You CAN beat the nighttime... you can :)

Menu for today October 15 (day 19 op!)

B- 1 slice sprouted grain toast, 1 T pb and yogurt
s- banana and 2 muesli wasa
L- large field greens salad with tomato's, cukes, red onions, snap pea's, 1/4 cup peanuts and roasted red pepper/parm dressing (1T) and a broiled 3 oz pink salmon fillet with roasted garlic and herbs sprinkled over (omg so freaking good!!!)
s-cottage cheese and rice cake
D- 1 tuna melt on split english muffin with 1 T mayo and green onions. No cheese, 1 cup steamed carrots
s- assortment of raw veggies, four round wheat crackers, 1T cheese dip, 2T veggie dip, 1T salsa

*I'm holding a freaking epicure (foods and spices) party tonight that I agreed to do before starting my healthier me plan. So I have to plan for tasting (which I did) and work it into my calories (done as well) so I don't blow it. Grrrr....

mj5 10-15-2008 10:05 PM

Hi again! Shopping day tomorrow....I can't wait! Then Friday I have to take one of the dogs to the vet...she has a bump under one of her 'arms'. I hope it isn't anything serious. She certainly isn't bothered by it, so hopefully that is a good sign!

Beverlyjoy--How were your programs today? Was your foot nice to you? My plan is really more about lifestyle changes. When I decided that "this was it", I needed to make healthy chances I could live with forever, I knew I could not stick to something that really limited my food...I enjoy food WAY too much! LOL! Anyway, I talked to my doctor first and he was really supportive. So, long story short, I just try to make the best, healthy food choices I can--lots of fresh (or frozen) fruits and veggies, lean meats--which I either grill, broil, or bake, but honestly, I haven't eliminated anything. I pack my lunch for work, except for Fridays--that's order out day and I 'allow' myself to order whatever I want--within reason, of course. Now, I certainly have to watch portion control--espcially for 'certain' things. For those things, I either don't buy them, or I buy already individually packaged (like cheezits...wow, I can eat a whole box at once, but if I REALLy want some, I can be satisfied w/ a 100 cal pack). I also drink lots of water, no soda (don't like it), make sure I eat breakfast (something I still struggle with). Exercise is a big factor too. I know it is a lot different from what a lot of people are doing and I really have to be honest w/ myself when I am deciding if I had an "on plan" day or not. But for me, it works. I feel great and the weight is coming off.

Rhonda--Great to see you! Congrats for being on plan. I KNOW you can do this!!!

cfmama--How did the party go tonight? Good for you for planning it in! 19 days OP, that is fantastic!!!!

Ginger, Lyn, Schmoodle, and everyone else who pops in--Hi!!!!

My knee is kind of sore tonight. I am going to go rest it so I will be able to do lots of walking tomorrow! I am also going to wear "good" shoes.