Old 09-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #16  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Also...at midnight last night, because I couldn't fall asleep immediately, instead I got out of bed and tried on a bunch of clothes in my closet. The things that were too small for me are now just about right (in the range of size 18), and the things that were just right for me are now way too big (in the range of size 22). I put some pants on that actually were bagging off of me, and clearly, visually were just not -right-. I showed my husband; he thought the pants were funny, but he thought it was even funnier that I was up at midnight trying on clothes. ("That's such a girl thing," he declared.)

How exciting that stuff doesn't fit me anymore!

I'm still not going shopping, though. I hate shopping, never can find anything I like, don't really have the money for it anyways. I'll stick with my tried-and-true jeans and the few shirts I really like until they look ridiculous on me.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #17  
Turbo Girl!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

last night I wore a size MEDIUM addidas hoodie to my night class! And it wasnt overly snug
Lunabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #18  
aka Sarah

I'm full of NSVs today.

This past week my mom got her fasting blood sugar taken, and it was 108. Not good--though she hasn't been diagnosed with diabetes yet. (She probably weighs 100 pounds less than me, and she works out a pretty good bit.) So she's got a glucose tester and is checking her blood sugar herself. She's freaking out some because it's over 100 in the mornings, consistently, and after she eats her breakfast (oatmeal) it's shooting up to the 175 range. Very not good.

Anyways, she knows I've been off sugar for a few months now. We've talked about it, she's interested, but hasn't been able to make the change herself...yet. Last night she called me to consult on her blood sugar--she called ME. She is a nurse with a master's degree and knows a lot about nutrition, and she called ME to consult with HER on what to do about it.

So I advised her: For breakfast, no grains / no dairy / no fruit. Eggs, turkey bacon, and a bunch of veggies all scrambled up. None of those higher-GL items until her blood sugar is stabilized for the day, cut sugar out completely, frequent snacks.

She's ready to do it, and she thinks that the dietary changes will also fix her cholesterol issue (high LDL which she currently controls with medication).

I'm sure she and I will be talking more about this. I'm just so, so thrilled to be in a position to help her with it and support her.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:30 AM   #19  
FB

So... I LOVE baths. Or loved baths, before I gained weight. I have gobs of costly bath junk, I'm addicted. Sadly our current house, while lovely, has an awful shallow bathtub.

As some may know, shallow bathtubs and a fat girl equals cold body parts. You can only sink in so much, there's always stuff exposed. So for the last 3 years we've lived at our house I've taken showers. I've moaned and groaned, blaming the shallow bathtub, which is actually just a cheap standard bathtub and have been whining for a real antique clawfoot tub to no avail.

Last night for whatever reason I decided to take a bath. AND everything was submerged in water. Boobs, stomach, all. LOVELY, BLISS, HAPPINESS!!!!

AH!

I'm going to Aveda in a minute. I swear fitting properly into the bathtub is nicer than a bijillion new pairs of pants fitting.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:35 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I ate half a Hershey's miniature. Half. A friend brought one over to my desk, and I broke off a little piece of it. Ten minutes later, I had another little piece. No long after that, my friend tossed the rest, thinking it was just an empty wrapper. She felt really bad about it, but I didn't care. I didn't feel deprived or want more. It's going to sound silly, but it feels amazing that that little of chocolate had no power over me.

Lisa
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #21  
ZeusMeatball

S/C/G: 534/309/275

Height: 6'4''

While sitting n my wifes car I noticed that I can comfortably have my left arm on the arm rest in the door instead of out the window

another car nsv is that I noticed with the same car that before I lost any weight my belly would just hit the steering wheel and now there is enough room between my gut and the wheel that my wife could sit on my lap if so inclined!

the next one actually happened a few days before Sept, I bought a shirt in a non "Big and Tall" store! that one was HUGE for me as I can't remember the last time that was a possibility.

amazing what the loss of 145 pounds will do and the list goes on so I will leave it at that

As Ever
Me
Botzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:42 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Ok...so Im a nerd..I actually tear up reading some of these (happy tears)

I really like this thread. It's great to hear everyones accomplishments and it reminds to me look at other things in life besides the scale!

Congrats to everyone on their NSVs and hears hoping I have some myself soon.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:52 PM   #23  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Rock on, Botzz!

Last edited by twilit tera; 09-05-2008 at 02:54 PM.
twilit tera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 04:37 PM   #24  
aka Sarah

A coworker noticed and commented on my weight loss! She says I look great! Woohoo! She's this very sweet lady I don't see terribly often. I was so excited to get to tell her yes, I have lost 40 pounds...and to say it's all just because of quitting sugar and eating a lot of vegetables.

Hilariously...my husband STILL does not see a difference in me

But it's there! Yes indeed. It is there.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #25  

Wow, I see so many awesome NSVs here and mine feels like no big deal. Lol.

I was able to complete one mile on the treadmill today, without stopping, without decreasing my speed (did 2 mph) and even though my calves were screaming and burning (I've been very inactive before this, sitting in front of the computer for as much as 8 hours a day) I kept on. I've always given in very easily. This time I just went on. So.... I'm pretty happy about that
AmberShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #26  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

I bought new jeans over vacation and thought they were a mistake because they're lower rise thus irritating the heck out of me-just not my favorite fit. However, every time I wear them, including today, I get a complement.
Today, someone also working on losing weight, commented that my legs looked thin.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #27  
Fifty by Fifty!

S/C/G: 270.5/232.0/170

Height: 5'8

Talking

THis is a great thread, and one of my favourites.

I went back to work this week, and I ate breakfast EVERY DAY this week!

I am one of the " I never ate before lunch..but then I ate constantly from 6-bedime" types...so this is a huge huge huge accomplishment. And you know what? It is true(at least for me), if you eat breakfast, you are more in charge the rest of the day.

I find now I eat breakfast, a pretty substantial lunch, a morning and afternoon snack (usually fruit or yogurt) a sensible dinner, and I really don't want to eat at night anymore. if I do it is an apple or some mini-wheats (I count em out - 27 per serving, etc) THIS IS HUGE for me ...JUST HUGE!
mollymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:10 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

It is a big deal AmberShimmer!! When I first got on the elliptical I could barely do 5 minutes, now I'm usually on for an hour. Keep up the good work!!!!

As for my NSV... I am now officially a size 16 in pants and an XL in tops (in Macy's Style & Co. line, which I love and had to stop wearing cause I was too big for it!)

Last edited by foxxy511; 09-06-2008 at 12:10 AM.
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:43 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Every NSV is a great one!

I finally have my first NSV to share! Yay!

So even though I have had bronchitis, I finally felt well enough to exercise yesterday - 1st time in almost a week. I had to keep it S L O W but I still did 3/4 of a mile walk (with rests) and some low key swimming. Exercise is one of my biggest challenges so the fact that I did it while my chest wasn't up to it is huge! And I didn't over do it.

Last edited by S.A.S.H; 09-08-2008 at 10:43 AM.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #30  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Yippy for all of you! I love this thread!!!

WarMaiden, it seems unfair to me, but it's always the people who see us most who notice least. Their image of us changes gradually with our changes, so they don't realize the change is happening. The people who see us rarely hold on to their outdated images of us until WHAMMO they're confronted with the "new" us and have to modify it.
twilit tera is offline   Reply With Quote