Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 10:23 AM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default Water!!

Right now this is my biggest challenge, drinking more water. If I get down a glass during the whole day it is amazing. Also I don't drink much of anything else either so I am certain that I am retaining water and that is why the blasted scale isn't moving.

Okay so I'm starting this thread so that everyday I'll log in and post what I drank the previous day and maybe just maybe that will be enough incentive.

anyone and everyone is free to join in on this thread. Take care all.
Old 03-19-2002, 10:28 AM   #2  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Count me in!!!

Jen I totally agree that water is so important. My goal is 126 oz. a day. I managed to get that in yesterday. But I drank 32oz. of it right before bed, just so that I could meet my goal, I was in the potty all night. My goal for today is 126 oz., all before 8:30!
Old 03-19-2002, 09:52 PM   #3  

I carry an insulated water bottle everywhere I go. At night I fill it about 1/4 of the way full and freeze it. The next day I just keep filling it up. I have COLD water all day and there's nothing better to drink. If you don't like water try spicing it up a bit with a few drops of lemon or lime juice. It's great. I get at least 160 oz a day.
Carol
Old 03-20-2002, 07:02 AM   #4  
Jen

3/19 - drank 64 oz of water. Not as much as I'd like to be drinking overall but a good start all things considered. Aiming for at least that again today but would like to hit 76 oz if possible.
Old 03-20-2002, 11:23 AM   #5  
Long Time Member

I managed 126 oz. yesterday, not before 8:30 however, so I did have to make 1 potty break overnight.

I am shooting for at least 126 oz. again today!
Old 03-20-2002, 06:37 PM   #6  

From not a full glass to 64 oz is great Jen. Keep it up.

Carol
Old 03-21-2002, 09:31 AM   #7  
Jen

Thanks for your support Carol. If I could start drinking the water earlier in the day I would drink more but I get so busy with the baby during the day I don't think about it til later in the afternoon. Well I'll try to keep a water bottle close at hand all day and sip frequently.

3/20 - 64 oz
Old 03-21-2002, 09:34 AM   #8  
Long Time Member

I drank 140 oz. last night. I think that's an all time high, for me anyway!!

Jen, I know what you are going through. I have a much harder time drinking water at home than I do at work. At work I am always in the same place and it's always there. You doing great, keep on drinking!!!
Old 03-22-2002, 09:45 AM   #9  
Jen

My water intake yesterday was terrible in spite of all my good intentions.

Does anyone else get completely thrown off track when their routine is out of kilter? That is what happened to me yesterday. I haven't had my car since Tuesday and my husband had to work overtime then go out for dinner with the boss and some customers from the US then he went to play hockey so I didn't see him the entire day. On top of all that it was extremely cold here yesterday especially with the wind chill, it felt like -16 F which I thought was just a little too cold to take the baby out. So we were stuck inside all day and you would think I would get all kinds of stuff done but I just felt so out of kilter that I couldn't do anything including of course feeling focused enough to drink my water. Well today is another day, I'll just keep at it. Take care all. Hope everyone is doing better than me at least.

Last edited by Jen; 03-22-2002 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:58 AM   #10  
Long Time Member

Jen - I am the same way. Sometimes it's only my routine that saves me.

I had a good day, 152 oz.
Old 03-23-2002, 04:55 PM   #11  
Jen

Still not so good with the water. Yesterday I drank about 16 oz. I finally got my car back and spent the whole day doing the errands I couldn't do the previous 3 days. Today I am doing better, have already drank more today than the past 2 days. Here's hoping I'll have a good total to report tomorrow.
Old 03-23-2002, 05:39 PM   #12  

Hi,

I know I'm kinda jumping into your conversation but I to had the problem with my water. I was lucky to drink a glass a day. Then when I started to go to the gym I would manage to drink 64oz. in the two hours I was their. I would feel terribly bloated but it didn't matter, I still drank it. Now I can easily drink about 160oz a day. What I did was, I got a water bottle that holds 32oz. and drink one for breakfast , one for lunch, one for dinner, one in the evening, and try to fit another in throught the day. If I get hungry I try to drink first. If after I have had a few drinks of water, I'm still thirsty I'll get something to eat. I couldn't believe how much less I eat. It surprised me.

I hope your water intake gets better. I will post mine daily to support you. I to need the support.

Thanks,
Bella23

oh, i'm at 64oz and counting for the day
Old 03-24-2002, 02:03 AM   #13  

Well I'm back. It's very early in the morning, 2am, and i am still drinking my water, lol.

I have mannaged to drink about 144 +/- oz. today. And I didn't get to go to the gym. I'm very proud of myself.

I hope everyone else had a good water day.

Bella23
Old 03-24-2002, 09:34 AM   #14  
Jen

3/23 - 76 oz for me, a new record!!
Old 03-25-2002, 01:38 AM   #15  

GREAT JOB

It'll only get easier. Today wasn't a great day for me. I only drank 96 oz. and it felt like i haven't drank all day. But I will do better tomorrow.

bella23
Closed Thread