Old 04-04-2008, 01:39 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Schmoodle....don't worry about one little binge. Life happens. Carry on!!! Sorry to hear about the stress of work and life. Ugh. Glad you are hanging in there!!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 256/242.1/175

Height: 5'3"

Beverly, I have to say I love your avatar!

An Accountability thread is just what I need. I did lose 2 pounds the first week I was here. I weighed myself today and couldn't really tell if it moved a pound. But it should have been more! So I didn't change my ticker.

I cheat all the time. I'm great all day, stick to my plan, but at night I can't stop eating! Today is Friday, weekends are hard. So on Monday, I am going to come back here and post a plan for the week, and I'll stick to it.

See, I'm already not being accountable. I should post a plan for the weekend.

I need help!
avi0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:22 PM   #63  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

hey everyone,

Thanks for all the good wishes for my back. It was getting better, then yesterday the kids had swim and piano and we went on a field trip to the vet, so it was in and out of the van getting them into their carseats. Darn things are so complicated these days and while I am used to it and comply to all the safety, it RUINED my very fragile back. I don't have the easiest van to get in and out of and only 1 side sliding door so I have to jump in everytime. It just SUCKS. Sorry. I'm only a little mad.

As for today - I feel grumpy. That pretty much sums it up.

Okay, I'll leave now and say something positive later.
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #64  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Well, no sticker for me today. There was an incident at the end of the day at work which led to working late--NOT a good excuse for not going to the gym, but I was worn out by the time I could actually leave. Then I had some errands to run and it's now almost 8pm and I still haven't exercised. There is still time, just not sure I have any energy left. It's ok. One day is not going to hurt, as long as I am right back at it tomorrow! (My old bad habit is to miss a day and then before I know it I have missed many days).

I also want to make sure I put on my pedometer when I get up in the am--it will be interesting to see the difference on the weekends, unfortunately, I'm sure it will be quite a bit lower. I do find myself looking for ways to increase the # of steps I am taking each day, which is a good thing!

Purple--Congrats on no junk in the house!

spify--Keep it up!

darkblue--Rant if you need to, we all do, but YES it is worth it! If you are really hungry, maybe you aren't eating enough? Yea...what Purple said!

Rhonda--Oh no, not allergies too! Did you get some allergy meds? Yes, I just clip the pedometer on and go....I do find myself looking for ways to take more steps--walking down to a person's office, rather than e-mailing or calling--things like that.

scoobie--Did you get your walk in? I know, I wanted to keep going w/ my workout yesterday, but I had to get ready for work...

Beverlyjoy--Wow, you are much nicer than me, I would not have been able to hold my tongue w/ dh--even in public. Good for you for letting him know! Exactly, today is a new day and you will have a good day today!

txmomma--ewwwwwwww, I know, right?! Hello?! Listening to my own music, not paying attention to you....yea, some people just don't get it! Glad you are feeling better today! On work days, my alarm goes off at 4:45am--that gives me time to hit the snooze, take the dogs out and do a watp dvd before I have to get ready to leave. It is early, but I feel SO much better when I start my day like that...unlike today....

Schmoodle--Hang in there!

Avi--Welcome! Weekends are hard! Hopefully you can come up w/ a plan that will work for you.

Ginger--Take care of your back!

Well, the dogs need to go out, so I better go do that. I will be around tomorrow to let you know what I did for exercise--I will NOT go two days in a row w/ out! There, now I posted it, I have to do it!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #65  
mj5

Ok, so after I posted, I realized that it's just too easy for me to fall back into my old bad habits, so on our on-demand exercise tv, I found a short workout and did that. It wasn't very intense, but it was something....
Old 04-05-2008, 12:00 AM   #66  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Hey guys!

Anyone know how to use an elliptical? We tried them tonight. Honestly, we are like the biggest morons, but DH even more than me. He went on the elliptical and said he couldn't stop and went spinning out of control. He looked like a maniac. I was stuck between being mortified and having tears in my eyes from laughing so hard. Gah, he's such a doof when he's in showoff mode. He also dropped his ipod while jogging on the treadmill and got confused and tripped. Sigh. Next on "When Nerds Exercise."

But seriously, I finally got the hang of the elliptical. But ok, what are you supposed to do with the arms??? I was keeping a good pace -- it was sorta like jogging in mid-air. But there were two options about pushing/pulling? I didn't feel much resistance either way. I'll play more with it tomorrow, if we go to the gym. Bizarre machine, imo.

Okay, too tired for personals, but I'm thinking of you all!
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:08 AM   #67  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Schmoodle, glad you're able to stay mostly OP even though things are crazy. That's really great. =D I'm sorry your daughter is driving you nuts.

mj, GOOD FOR YOU FOR DOING THE SHORT EXERCISE VIDEO!!!! That's huge. Your motivation is inspiring. Except for the waking up at 4:45 am bit. =/

Welcome, avi! Post away! I look forward to seeing your plan on Monday.

Everyone else, have a good night!
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:26 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

*dashing in and out, as it's already late*

On plan, but high end again, 1600 k/cal, 22g fiber, 1L water, no exercise--was a busy day. thinking of you all, and thanks for the encouragement--I was down the other night, tired of fighting it.
--------------
Yestday's menu--
Breakfast--2 eggs scrambled, Pam spray, 2 whole wheat toast, tiny amount of jam, 1C milk, hot tea, 1C tangerine juice

Lunch--1C strawberries, YoPlus Yogurt, sandwich made from whole wheat bread, Provolone cheese slice (70 cal), lowfat mayo, deli thin ham--6 slices

Dinner--iced tea, whole wheat pasta, 4 meatballs, homemade marinara, 1/2C green peas
---------------

Last edited by Darkblue; 04-05-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:15 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

I managed to get a 3 mile walk in yesterday with my son!!! He fell asleep after a little over a mile and I kept on going. It felt so good!!! I am going to walk at least 3 more miles today. It is going to be almost 70 here today so I will take my son out at least 2 times on walks. I felt so good last night after the walk!!!
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:05 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks - SO GLAD I had an on plan day yesterday - I am grateful.

DH apoligized for interfering with my dinner at the restaurant that wasn't cooked the way I wanted. He was funny - He said, "You usually do what you want anyway, why did you listen to me this time???" I had to think about that - I think I was just taken aback by his comments.

For today:

Work on taxes!

stretches
water
meditation
journal/log food
PMA

breakfast - kashi waffle with npnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - egg white salad in a wrap, spaghetti squash
snack - apple & lite cheese
dinner - out with friends - grilled fish, salad with vinegar and oil, baked potato with salt and pepper
snack - cereal, flax, fruit, skim milk

Have a great day!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #71  
mj5

Good Morning!

txmomma--Oh no....is dh ok?! Ok, I am done laughing now...Being that I am most uncoordinated, I really dislike the elliptical, that and it really kicks my butt. That being said, it is really good for the legs and I am *supposed* do do at least a few mins each time I go to the gym to help w/ the muscles to support my knee...yea, haven't been doing that...I need to. For me, it's just not a natural motion. There should be a way to adjust the resistance, though. Yea, the 4:45 thing started quite a while ago--I just started waking up (no alarm), so I got into this 'routine'....it actually really works for me, so I have stuck w/ it. Are you ready...I think I can top your elliptical story, all I can say is thank goodness it was a saturday and there weren't many people in the gym.....This happened over a year ago...I was in the weight room, I pulled over an adjustable bench, adjusted it (or so I thought), set the bar to do some bench presses, put the weights on, went to lie down on the bench and apparantly I didn't make sure the pin was all the way "clicked"...so the top part of the bench tipped down----I slid down head first onto the floor, my feet were still on the bench....I was totally cracking up....the trainer came running over to see if I was ok, everyone stopped what they were doing--yea, it was GREAT!!!! Luckily no one made a really big deal about it, one of the "mucle guys" came over and said that the same thing happened to him not too long ago--not sure if that was supposed to make me feel better or not. Somehow I found the strength to go back to my workout, of course I giggled to myself for the rest of the time I was there!!!!

Darkblue--I think we have all been there before...sometimes it is SO hard, but always worth it. Sometimes the 'munchies' win, but the important thing is to keep plugging away.

scoobie--Fantastic! It's cold and rainy here today, so no outside walk for me...next week it is supposed to be upper 50's and sunny, so I am hoping to work in some outside time myself! Hope you have a great walk today!

How is everyone else today?

I am trying to motivate myself to get moving this am...todays plan is a walk slim dvd, then start some spring cleaning--ICK! My plan of attack is to try to tackle one room at a time each weekend (the upstairs is done, YEA). I am going to start w/ the bathroom--smallest room, so hopefully that will get me moving to work through the rest....Dh should be off next weekend, so hopefully I can make him help me w/ the next room...I'm thinking the dining room for next weekend.

I'm sure I'll be back later...I can only clean for so long....

Have a great on plan day!
Old 04-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #72  
mj5

In the weight loss support forum, there is a fun 5k being set up for next weekend...if you are interested, go check it out. If I did it right, this is the link....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138919
Old 04-05-2008, 11:28 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks. Sorry I haven't been around much the last couple of days. Very busy with work and dealing with stressful and annoying home issues. It hasn't been the greatest couple of days, and this weekend not much to look forward to except cleaning, laundry, and finishing taxes, budgeting, bookkeeping, etc. Oh, and groceries, woo-hoo. BUT on the up side, I have been visited this morning by the whoosh fairy! About time. I wonder if this is my pattern now - no loss for a while, then whoosh? Anybody else have this? I saw a 3 lb. difference since yesterday - and not TOM, or a lot of "fluid loss" involved. So anyway, may I say, hello 180's, it's been a looooong time since I've seen you! 10 years at least.

avi, hope you are making it through the weekend okay!
ginger, hope you are in better spirits and your back is better. But don't worry about being grumpy here - this is a great place to vent!
mj, great job with the exercise, and I'll be with you in the cleaning today! I am allowing myself four credits for non-exercise days during the month. I really try not to use them though, and even if I can get in a small thing, it counts!
bigtx, you are hysterical! But really we are in the same boat! Well, not DH, but me at least. I was on the stair stepper last week, and thought I was using the elliptical, until DH set me straight. So I haven't even attempted the elliptical yet. And all those gym rats are watching you like you are ******ed, right? But hey, at least I provide some entertainment for them during their workouts!
scoobie, walking is the best thing!
Beverly, glad you had an on-plan day and you and DH were able to talk about the restaurant incident. My DH doesn't like to send stuff back either, but I think you should get what you asked for!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:12 PM   #74  
mj5

Beverlyjoy--Great job w/ an on plan day yesterday! I am glad to hear dh apologized. I would love to hear one of your stories sometime...too bad we didn't live closer!

schmoodle--sorry to hear things are rough at your house...that is never fun. Hang in there! I'm trying to pack a lot of cleaning, etc into today, so tomorrow I can relax. YEA!!!!! 3lbs! You have been working so hard, it's about time!!!!

So, the bathroom is spic and span clean. Have I mentioned I am not a big fan of this kind of cleaning? LOL? I don't have a problem w/ the normal weekly cleaning sort of thing, but the pull everything off the walls kind of cleaning--that's too much like work! On the up side, however, while I was cleaning, the sun came out and it is gorgeous outside! Still a little cool, but warm enough to take the dogs for a walk. I am going to have some lunch and then head outside. Then I will make some mac and cheese for dinner--w/ lots of roasted veggies and a big tossed salad. Then I will sit down and relax a bit....

Hope you are having a great day!
Old 04-05-2008, 10:36 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

mj5--good for you to do even a small workout when tired! How well do pedometers work? Your bench story was funny!

Txmomma--you are too funny! "When Nerds Exercise" just cracked me up!

Schmoodle--the whoosh fairy dropped by here this week. I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in. Hope things get more sane at home soon.

---------------------------

Today--on plan, 1450 k/cal, 25g fiber, 1L water, exercise

Breakfast--
steel-cut oats with organic raisins, cinnamon, 1/2 tbs walnuts, brown sugar
1C milk, hot tea
Lunch--
whole wheat tortilla with beans, chicken, lettuce, picante sauce, dusting of cheese, a couple chopped black olives
iced tea
Snack--
1C strawberries
YoPlus vanilla yogurt (I love this stuff, tastes like vanilla pudding)
Dinner--Healthy Choice microwave meal with turkey, sweet potatos, cranberries, peaches, green beans/carrots
water

Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote