Old 04-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #46  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends. I’ve got a horrible headache this morning and I’ve got tons upon tons of work to get through today and tomorrow. I’m on vacation next week. I slept in and am just now getting started on my day. The coffee is brewing. Hopefully, a cup will clear this fog from my head.

Hubby and I walked again yesterday....3 laps around the neighborhood and 1 1/2 hours of hills. The last lap was tough! Today, my legs feel a little wobbly, but the scales are smiling again....so, it's all good.

I’ll be back later to check in with everyone. Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #47  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

ok, I'm back to finish up....work thing, had to go quick...

txmomma--Fantastic job exercising twice in one day!!!

math puppy--How did you do last night? I hate those 'hungry days'!

beverlyjoy--Good for you!

Rhonda--Hope the headache is better soon! Great job on your walk!

Oh, I forgot yesterday....a big part of my on plan day is making sure I eat breakfast every day. I think I forgot b/c it has become such a habit now!

have a great on plan day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:20 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I love hearing about all this exercise everyone is getting in...keep it up ladies I spent the morning grocery shopping, the house is now filled with tons of good stuff and NO JUNK FOOD at all! I feel positive now that I am set up for more success...if I can get out of the store without the sugar, then when I get in the eating mood the worst I can do is a salad or yogurt

Beverly--I walked with my daughter's kindergarten class to the library last week and they had a storyteller for them, and i just LOVED her! I thought of you the whole time, thinking you get to do this fun stuff all the time, lucky you. She read a story about a girl who goes looking for a fishing hat and other people keep putting other things on it, until she can't hold it up and fall sin the water, next day goes back and buys the plain hat she liked from the beginning. The storyteller put all the items on a hat she had, and was wearing it with everything dangling off and the kids were just laughing and laughing, it was a really fun time. So much different from the usual storytime there where the lady just sits in a chair and reads, this lady didn't even look in the book, she had it memorized, and just passed it around at the end for the kids to look at. Anyway, it made me think of you!

Rhonda--That is one heck of a workout on the hills...the scale better be more than smiling, it should be beaming rays of sunshine at you.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:24 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 267.2/254/150

Height: 5'6

Wink

Yesterday was a okay day. I stayed in calorie range just not on the healthiest of choices. Scale is happy though but I am back on track today! I exercised for 1 hour or so! Today good food and good exercise!!!!
ThatsSpify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #50  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Hey ladies!

I'm trying to calorie count today. I think I'm going to have a big margin of error. I'm sort of organizationally disinclined. =/

I was in a bad mood. DD isn't feeling well, and should have slept longer than she did (she stayed up wayyyyy too late last night -- she had a hard time going to sleep). So DH came home for lunch and we had time to hang out, which was nice. Gonna go the Y later.

Be back later to catch up on personals.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:02 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

What do you all do when you just want to throw in the towel and just EAT? I'm so tired of being hungry and limiting myself. Tonight with dinner I wanted to bake a can of Pillsbury crescent rolls and eat half of them with butter and jam. I am craving Mexican food or Italian food, or a huge walnut-stuffed chocolate brownie. *sighs* I'm being good, but it's about to drive me mad. I can see the scale moving, but when I'm starving I wonder if it's worth it.
[/end rant]
------------------------------

Breakfast--Kashi Autumn harvest cereal, 2C skim milk, 1C tangerine juice, 2 pieces low-cal bacon (35 cal total), hot tea
Lunch--salmon cup with one tbs cream cheese and 1 tbs chopped green olives, All-Bran crackers, 1C black grapes, 1/2 tub Fage Greek yogurt, water
Dinner--ham, steamed broccoli, baked sweet potato with cinnamon, tiny amount of mac-and-cheese, unsweetened iced tea

1600 k/cal, 22g fiber, 1/2 L water

------------------------------

Txmomma--wow, two rounds of exercise and swimming today is great!

Beverly--spending $1200 at a bookstore sounds wonderful! Need help?

GirlyGirl--hope your headache goes away.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:33 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblue View Post
What do you all do when you just want to throw in the towel and just EAT? I'm so tired of being hungry and limiting myself. Tonight with dinner I wanted to bake a can of Pillsbury crescent rolls and eat half of them with butter and jam. I am craving Mexican food or Italian food, or a huge walnut-stuffed chocolate brownie. *sighs* I'm being good, but it's about to drive me mad. I can see the scale moving, but when I'm starving I wonder if it's worth it.
[/end rant]
NO, it is not worth it. If you are starving, it's not going to work in the long run. If you fee legitimate hunger you should eat something, you sound like you're not eating enough. Everyone has cravings, they are going to happen, but if you are really feeling like you're starving, then you need to add in some more food. It is not worth starving, your body will stop losing and start to hold onto what it has if you keep starving. if it is legit hunger, then you need more! If it's just cravings...then I like to find healthier alternatives, or sometimes just give myself a treat. I'd rather eat one little thing off plan then starve myself into a huge binge, if that makes sense.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:17 AM   #53  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone.

The very first week that Hubby and I decided to start walking just happens to be the week of the highest pollen counts for my area. This morning, I feel absolutely rotten. This feels like a sinus infection or a really bad cold, but I have my fingers crossed that it’s allergies. Next week, I’m on vacation and I have no time to be sick! I haven’t decided if I’m going walking today or not. Am I crazy for even thinking of walking outside today? I really don’t want to take a break from walking with Hubby as I know how easy it is for me to just quit exercising. I’m on a roll and I want to go with it! Maybe I’ll go pick up some allergy medicine at Wallworld today and see what happens.The Benadryl and Neti pot just aren’t doing the job. The good news is that the scales are continuing to smile for me and I’m looking forward to my “official” weigh-in on Monday. I’m going to give it 100% effort to stay on-plan this weekend.

Mathpuppy – Okay…you knew we would ask…..Did you snack the night away? I hope you didn’t.
Beverly – What do you do for the literacy program? Do you teach adults to read?
MJ – So, tell me more about the pedometer. Do you just clip it on yourself in the morning and see what happens? Are you finding yourself looking for more ways to add steps in your day?
Scoobie – Walking is great, huh? Hope the weather clears up for you.
Purple – So glad you have a house full of healthy food options…and, no junk! The ‘no junk’ rule really does help me to stay on-plan.
Spify – Congratulations on getting an hour of exercise and staying within your calorie range! Sometimes, I find myself not eating the healthiest foods. Veggies are my most difficult food group. What types of foods are you lacking in your day?
Momma – Are you using a calorie counting site? I’m not a very organized person either. I’ve found that tracking my calories on a spreadsheet works well for me, but I am looking into the PC version of Fitday.
Darkblue – Are you feeling real hunger? The kind that makes your stomach rumble? Or, are you having the “head” hunger where you’re feeling deprived? Please remember that you don’t have to feel real hunger to lose weight. Are you eating enough calories each day? Are you eating plenty of lean protein and healthy fats? These will keep you from feeling hungry and, as long as you’re within a good calorie range for your body, you can still lose weight. If you’re feeling the head hunger, that is something we all fight periodically. After so many years of using food for reasons other than hunger, most of us have to work hard to find replacement habits. I’ve found that a warm bath with a yummy book is a great release for me. Also, watching some TV, playing a free game on Pogo or reading through the threads here on 3FC is a great motivator. Have you checked out the Goals thread or the Maintainers thread? Hang in there. The initial couple of weeks on-plan are the toughest.

Looks like a busy Friday workday for me, so I better get working. Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. I'll check in again later.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 04-04-2008 at 08:19 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Height: 5'4"

Ok.....so last night I did not get to go for my walk because it was way too cold to take my son outside!!!! I also did not get to do any excercises because my son decided to stay up late last night. But today it is going to get to 62 so we will go for a 3 mile walk!! I feel good today. If I could leave work now to go walking, I would!
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:39 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

PT
water, water, water
journal/log food
stretches
meditation
PMA

Hi friends -
Need to vent -

DH pissed me off so much at dinner last night. We went out with Mom and Aunt Mackie last night to a restaurant - I ordered grilled salmon plain with no butter/lemon sauce. (note - the waiter didn't speak good English) It came with the sauce, I was going to send it back and Murray just looked at me and "Just scrape it off. You're not going to send it back. That's ridiculous." I was so taken aback and suprised by his comments that I didn't send it back. He is usually very supportive of what and how I eat. But, I didn't really enjoy it and the whole time I wished it didn't have the sauce. I felt bullied. He's never reacted or said anything like that before. But, I was mad at him for saying it.

Then - the way my screwed up brain sometimes work. When I got home - I over ate cereal and some bread and low fat butter. Some habits die hard.

Good grief, it's just one peice of fish. with lemon butter sauce. But - it just messed up my plan & was was flustered, in a way. It ruined the enjoyment of the dinner.

I am fine now...I've planned for a healthy day and I will carry on.

Just needed to vent.

PS...I think I will talk to DH and tell him how I feel. Need to. I just emailed him.

taxes
office work

breakfast - egg white scramble, toast with npnb, 1/2 banana
lunch - wrap with black beans, cheese, salsa, spaghetti squash
snack - yogurt with all bran cereal
dinner - crock pot chicken with onions, red pepper, & chicken broth
snack - cereal, flax, fruit, skim milk

I'll be back to do the personals...I need to run off to PT.

Carry on...

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-04-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:43 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Beverlyjoy -- sorry to hear about your experience. I would be mad too. I hope that next time you guys go out that he will be understanding and let you send it back if it is not the way it ordered it.
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:04 AM   #57  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I'll get caught up w/ p's tonight, just wanted to pop in and say hi! I have another super hectic day today--NOT good for a Friday, but it's ok, I can do this!!!

I did not walk this am, I was really tired, so I slept in..'til 6am. SO glad the weekend is almost here! I'll still be up early (old habits die hard), but at least no alarm clock!

Have a great on plan day! Today I AM going to the gym--legs/back workout and some cardio!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #58  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Morning, ladies!

I was totally in a foul mood yesterday. Again. I think I've kicked it, though. I worked out, did about 30 mins on the treadmill, and about 10 mins on the exercise bike but then some creepy guy came and sat next to me even though there were a million empty bikes, and he kept talking. AND I HAD MY IPOD! Reminds me of that girl who kept talking to you, mj. Are people really that dumb? I have no idea. And he looked like he had hair plugs. I was grossed out. Normally I wouldn't bring up hair plugs, but ewwwwwww.

Beverly, I'd be seething if my DH did something like that, too. Because statements like that do catch you off guard, and generally in politeness you'd oblige before you think about how you really feel. =/ I can see how you would end up overeating afterwards, too. We're spending so much time taking control of our food instead of letting it control us, and when we don't get to control what we eat, it messes with our heads. =/ I'm glad you emailed DH.

mj, yay for the gym! I can't believe waking up at 6 am is sleeping in. =/ I'm glad you're eating breakfast. =D Does wearing your pedometer make you walk more?

scoobie, I'm glad the weather is nice for a walk!!!!! =D

Rhonda, you poor thing. Allergies are awful. Is that why you woke up with the bad headache yesterday? =( I'm kind of using About.com's calorie counting site. But I'm not logging my food there anymore because I log it on my 3fc blog. And I don't think I have the enthusiasm to do it on both places. lol I'm just estimating from the package, and giving myself a 15% room for error. But I'm used the calorie counter site to calcuate and save recipes.

Math, how did yesterday go? Did you snack?

Dark, don't starve! If you starve, you'll fixate on all the food you aren't eating, and then it's going to be awful and you'll either give up or become a sado-masochist! One thing I've learned from all the meditation tapes I've been using is that you need to infuse yourself with good feelings about the choices you make with food. Right now, your brain is programmed to get those good feelings from overeating bad foods. So naturally it wants to eat more and more of them.

If you really want a brownie, I think you should go eat one, and work on savoring just a few bites of it. A brownie isn't going to make you fat. A pan of brownies will.

Good job, Spify! Did your day end well?

Purple, great work keeping your house filled with good foods! I love when the binge mood sets in and the only high cal food I have in the house is a small bags of walnuts.

Schmoodle, howzit going?
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends...back for some personals!!

patchy- GREAT job being 3 days on plan. That's wonderful.

ginger - sorry about your back...and yes, you can hurt your back when sick with the stomach flu. My BIL broke a rib once coughing! Feel better soon.

scoobie - thank you for your support. DH has usually been supportive and his comment really caught me off guard. Enjoy your walks.

Mj5 - I've been told that coffee (caffeine) is a mild diruretic!!! These folks need to get their facts straight! Pedometer...oo, you'll have to let us know if your going to wear and how it's going!

Dark Blue - glad to hear you've been on plan. You always have good plans. Sorry you are struggling with cravings. It's never worth it to cave into them. But, if your plan allows it...have some mexican or italian food. Keep some of the things you like in your plan to make it livable. Hang in there!

txmama- glad you've had some good food days and are going to the Y...that's great. Yes, DH made me really mad with his comments. He is usually so supportive. A talk is in order and will happen tonight. Thanks for your support

Math - hang in there, friend. Keep trying.

Rhonda - hope your headache is better. That's great...vacation is coming. Do you have any special plans? The walking is DH is great! The literacy program I do is with some other storytellers where work combine storytelling, language arts activities and free books to at risk low income children. It's grant funded and we've been doing it about 4 years now.

Purple - yes that's what I do, too - in my storytelling. It's storytelling in the oral tradition. I use no books at all - but, I use props, puppets, singing, my storyapron, participation and fun. I am so glad you enjoyed it!! Fun stuff.

spify - good job on your calorie range and exercise!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-04-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:29 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hi chicks, thanks for asking tex, I am okay, just had a couple of not-so-fun days. Work is very busy and stressful and DD seems to think her job these days is to create additional stress in my life. I am still mostly on plan and getting in my exercise, as a matter of fact, too stressed out to eat much, although I did have a little binge last night, so I am hanging in there... I hope to get caught up with everything and be in a better frame of mind and hang out with you chicks this weekend.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 04-04-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote