Old 03-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 267.2/254/150

Height: 5'6

Default Another subforum to join!!!

HEHE I am having so much fun exploring this place. I think I found my home I think writing helps get me past my food cravings. My plan today is to go in the kitchen and have some special k. For lunch im thinking a lean cuisine or leftover chicken breast. and for dinner, I need to find a low cal recipe somewhere haha. I have to go to the store today AHHHH Im trying to avoid the dreaded bakery/cookie isle. Wish me luck!!!
ThatsSpify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:55 AM   #62  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

You guys are so sweet. <3 <3 I feel so much better knowing you guys are here. My gma is doing ok, or so that's what they tell me. She still can't swallow very well, so I have no idea what's going to happen. She is apparently getting some nourishment. =/

Today I'm getting back into the swing of things. Today should be a good day. I think I'll work out a bit after breakfast and see if my energy is boosted. I'm really operating without my usual enthusiasm. I think DD and I will go check out the YMCA down the road and see how much family membership costs. I think it would be fun. =D

I went grocery shopping this morning because we were out of eggs and coffee and my Gimme Lean. =/ I don't have a good day without eggs!!!!!

Exercise:
WATP with handweights

Food:
Lentil soup for lunch
Salmon w/ Napa cabbage for dinner

Schmoodle, a ph1 really does a good job, doesn't it? Holy cow, 2 mile walk, then 3 mile WATP, then 30 mins of yoga??!? I think you should get four stickers for that! That's incredible. And two twizzlers is a heck of a lot better than a bag of twizzlers. =D That really shows a lot of control. =D

mj, you better get to that gym tonight! You NEED that pedicure! =D Hope your day is less crazy today! I don't know how you manage to work out as much as you do when you're always so busy.

Purple, it is hard to know what to do. =/ I mean, his loyalty is paying off, which is good. And hopefully the price of diesel falls a bit. =/ I totally agree with Math, to encourage your DH to talk to his boss and let him know what he's been thinking about. Don't fret about the binge. Stress makes you do crazy things. Did you go walking around the field? I hope your weather is really lovely right now.

scoobie, surely there is a place for your treadmill! Winter is awful for exercising. =/ Hope you make it out tonight!

Rhonda, YAY FOR 13 HOURS OF SLEEP!!!! =D I'm glad you got your project done so you can unwind a little. Whoosh. That's so fascinating about the exercise. Wow. You know, I was watching that program with Paul McKenna about overeating, and they were talking about how people get addicted to overeating because the actual ACT of eating floods you instantly with super high levels of serotonin. So it becomes a rush, and you want more and more of that good feeling. I bet regular exercise provides a constant alternative source of serotonin.

Mama2, awesome exercise!!! And thanks for the heads up on the book. I was looking at all his prices, and they are RIDICULOUS. =/ His weight loss cds are $175. What was it Rhonda said? Making money off teh fatties? lol The putting down the fork works! I also started putting down the fork and taking a sip of my drink. It feels more natural that way at first. Did you get the crab cakes & oven fries??

Beverly, sounds like you had an awesome day yesterday! =D That sure makes up for the cruddy day before. Congrats!!! It's good to know that the bad days always go away. Have fun at dinner. I LOVE Greek food. I bet your labs will come out beautifully!!!!

Math, eye on the prize!!!! Three pounds!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You so can do this! And what's this about a rugrat?! =D =D And I'm seriously gonna tap that face if I get that crazy overeatin' feeling. Are you?? Please do. It will make me feel less ridiculous. lol

Everyone else, have a splendid day!!
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #63  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

Purple, it is so hard to stop grazing. =/ Stupid food. =/ Sounds like you're having a good and busy day. Good idea to pack lunches instead of getting tempted at McD's. =D

Hi, Spify! Welcome! Just say no to cookies!

12:15 edit: Ok, I just did my new Leslie Walk & Jog DVD. Why is jogging such good exercise? I really sweated! The Walk & Jog wasn't too bad -- about 2 minute jog intervals every five minutes. It was sort of annoying because most of those intervals were jog-kicks (=/), which totally threw me off so I just jogged in place. It was a good workout, though. I think I'm just going to do all my WATP DVDs in rotation. I think this one might be my oldest WATP.

Also, WHY DO I JIGGLE SO MUCH WHEN JOGGING??! Seriously I need a full-body bra. =/ The sad thing is I could keep up, but I felt like my rolls were going to wobble off. lol

=D

Last edited by bigtxmomma; 03-28-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtxmomma View Post
Also, WHY DO I JIGGLE SO MUCH WHEN JOGGING??! Seriously I need a full-body bra. =/ The sad thing is I could keep up, but I felt like my rolls were going to wobble off. lol

=D
the more you wobble, the less of you there will be to wobble get a good sports bra, and keep on.

txmomma--I hope you are having a great day, you deserve one! I am so glad she's doing better. I didn't walk around the field, but I played with the kids, doing everything they did! It was so fun! I raced them down slides, climbed up all sorts of ladders and even climbed over all the big rocks with them. It was a harder workout than walking would have been.

Spify! I have issues with the cookie aisle as well...and all the stuff they put out in the center aisles just kill me, I have to not look sometimes and hurry past. I just came back from the store and it was SO SO hard, but I got some Lean Pockets instead of the junk, they are like a treat I've allowed myself to get instead when cravings are intense. Also, I left my purse in the van, just took in a small amount of cash and my store card, so buying extra would have been impossible without ease of whipping out that card. YOU CAN DO IT...just go in with solid determination in your mind that you won't do it. I also like to think about myslef in shorts or a bathing suit as I ponder the bad stuff...that can change my mind real fast.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:59 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Spify and
3fc IS a fabulous place!

bigtx, just wanted to share that we recently joined the YMCA. Mostly for the pool because DD is addicted to her swimming, and the place she usually gets her fix in the winter closed down, so she was freaking out. But we have been having lots of fun with it. They offer lots of classes, which I haven't tried yet, but DH and I have used their fitness center, and the kids and I have messed around on the racquetball courts some. I'm really happy we did it.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Hey, they are signing up for the next Biggest Loser challenge over in the exercise forum...if anyone here doesn't know and might want to try it out. They have FAQ and rules, etc. up, you have to put a message in the sign up thread to join Now I really have to go...probable won't be back until late tonight.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #67  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Spiffy! I've seen you around here on the 100lb club. So glad you decided to post with us.

Momma - I could only wish I had gotten 13 hours of sleep last night...but, I had to settle for about 7. Unfortunately, I had 13 whole hours of so much fun (work) But, I plan on getting plenty of sleep this weekend. Also, I loved loved loved the YMCA. We had a membership for years while we lived in Florida. Hubby and I used the fitness center and the pool, they had great aerobics classes and the kiddos took gymnastics and swimming classes. We had to give up our membership when we moved here to Georgia as there aren't any Y's near us. Actually, the nearest workout center is at least 30 minutes away. I miss the weight machines and the aerobics classes most of all.

BTW, exercise does release serotonin. Runner's highs are like a big IV dose of the stuff! I really miss running. So, can someone tell me why I'm not busting my butt to become a runner again? Makes no sense at all.

Purple - thanks for reminding everyone here about the BL challenge. I think it would be so much fun for some of our accountability buddies to join us over there. Of course, you might not be a blueser anymore.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 03-28-2008 at 02:38 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:49 PM   #68  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

S/C/G: 236/194.6/135

Rhonda.... get off your butt and get running!!! Heck... I've been talking about going running for YEARS... and I have never done it till now

Well.... look at that. I was taking an off day because everything was hurting yesterday, but you know what? I'm having really really big problems staying on plan and nothing hurts as bad today, so I'm going to go to the gym instead of spending the afternoon sitting here chatting to you guys...

No offence! I figure if I can't eat well, I'm just going to have to run my arse off... so to speak.
MamaToTomAndAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #69  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

Wow Rhonda I totally misread that. I seriously read "13 hours of sleep" at LEAST five times. Maybe my mind was just connecting to super-wishful thinking. lol =D

Yea, so DD & I took the tour of the Y and we are now members! The one down the road is the largest YMCA in all of Texas, and it's 2 minutes away. It was pretty awesome. =D I'm excited. Twice a month they have a parents night out for $15. The facilities were really nice, and I signed up to meet with fitness people to talk about my goals, etc. =/ =/ Oy! Now DH & I can go workout together or play racquetball. I really wish I had done this earlier. We usually are so bored and never know what to do, and I think we're going to have a lot of fun with this.

(Esp if we can get a tiny break from DD. God bless her mischievous soul, but DH & I never have any time together.)

Wow, I'm so glad everyone has had such great experiences with the YMCA.

Is everyone signing up for the Biggest Loser challenge?
Old 03-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #70  
Former Quitter

Momma - Congratulations! I miss Parent's night out.*sigh* I'd forgotten about that benefit.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #71  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone!

Kerry--Wow, sounds like you need to give yourself a break! I'm the same way w/ cravings--I have to figure out a way to have it, or at least a healthier version. How did you make out w/ fish and chips? Good for you for going to the gym, instead of staying home and eating!

Beverlyjoy--Anytime! You have certainly listened to me vent enough! Have fun at the Greek restaurant. I love greek food. How are you feeling today?

Mathpuppy--Great idea about writing things down! CONGRATS on the weight loss! Great job! A baby soon? Do tell!

Purple--How are you holding up? I wish I could answer why getting back on track was so hard (or why let ourselves get off track in the first place)....It seems like shortly after I find my 'groove' I loose it again...

scoobie--Did you get to go on a walk today? I know what you mean about being too cold outside....I woke up to 5" of snow...ugh, I thought that was over for this year!

Rhonda--YEA for Friday! I am so glad you were able to sleep last night! Today was a little more relaxed, but it dragged....good news is--the weekend is here! Good for you for having some "me time" last night after getting your project done! I am drained tonight. I love your dad's quote! Good for you to get organized and make time!

Schmoodle--Yea for another sticker! I find the walk slim's to be more intense. There is some interval training in the walk slim series too, which I like and can sometimes do (sometimes not). I like having some different ones to mix up what I am doing. I am going to look at yard sales this summer (I usually go to some w/ my grandmother).

spify--How did you do grocery shopping?

txmomma--I am so glad you are feeling better! Congrats on the Y membership! I didn't get to the gym, but I did come straight home and did a 3 mile watp dvd, so that counts! Several of us from work left early to go to calling hours for a co-workers grandfather, so I just wasn't in the mood to go to the gym. OMG! I am totally cracking up....Don't worry, you aren't alone...I jiggle too!

I didn't go to the gym, but I came home and did a 3 mile watp dvd, so I am on target for sticker #11 tonight. txmomma is exactly right, I SO need a pedicure (have you been peaking at my icky looking feet?!).

I am going to go check out the biggest loser info.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #72  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone,

Another long hiatus from the board. I'm lurking and I'm not sure why. I'm not doing that great exercise wise and maybe deep down I feel guilty...along with a string of illnesses, I went to see my doctor yesterday to weigh in and discovered that the reason I may not be breathing very well lately (I have asthma) is allergies. Maybe I should have known itchy eyes and sneezing were allergy related but it came on strong right after a cold...so I kinda had no idea. Doh! Of course today it is snowing -(weird for this area!) and so the pollen's probably weak right now. So I've been barely hanging on with my inhalers and not able to exercise. Dr. has prescribed new medicine that should help and hopefully I will be back on track.

I know I've missed you a lot and I'm sorry I haven't been there for everyone. Also - Linda-- I am so sorry to hear of your mum -you must be totally stressed out.

I also had a really scary experience today that I will write about later. Right now it's too fresh and overwhelming to write about.

Also wanted to let you ladies know that I found the beauty of FITDAY and while I hadn't given it a proper shot --I now have the PC version and it's great!! I can't believe how much I was consuming - unbelievable. I truly believe it's the way to go - calories in/calories out as Jillian from TBL would say.

Cheers, Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:21 PM   #73  
Former Quitter

Ginger, I was just thinking about you earlier today. It's so good to hear from you! My allergies have also been horrible. Someone was telling me again today about the Neti (sp?) pot. Have you ever tried one? Dr Oz recommend it for allergies. I'm picking one up this weekend and giving it a shot. I'll let you know how it works out.

I'm sorry you had a scarey experience today. I hope you're okay. When you're ready to share, we're hear to listen and support you.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:29 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Rhonda, I have a Neti pot and it's very helpful (although nobody in the family likes to be around when I'm using it). I have always had terrible sinuses, although since I started SB they are SOOOO much better. I think it must be drinking enough water or maybe I had food allergies?

Hope you are okay Ginger!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 03-28-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:04 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

*dashes in and out*

Just back from yet another trip. I tried to be "good"--ate much less than I would have weeks ago, looked for healthier choices, did more walking. Maybe it wasn't too bad!

Hope everyone is well, happy, and healthy! I'll get caught up tomorrow with the threads.

Take care!

Last edited by Darkblue; 03-29-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote