Old 03-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #46  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Hello, beautiful ladies! Thank you all for your words about my grandma. I really appreciate it. I'm feeling better today. No one's checked in on me about how she's doing, so I'll take that as a good sign. =/ Usually my sisters are spamming emails.

I had a good night last night. DH came home early yesterday because he knew I was freaking out, and he wanted to help me get my mind off my gma, so we went to the mall because I need some new shirts. I felt good because I've definitely gone down a couple sizes, and I'm smaller than my last weight loss attempt, which was a year ago. With some of the shirts, the 22/24 was too big, but I was too scared to try an 18/20. But I am smaller up top. I didn't try any pants, because I'll just wear a belt with my old ones. I usually need bigger pants because I'm rectangular, meaning my waist is the same size as my thighs, which means I need larger waisted pants but then the thighs gape out monstrously.

I watched an episode of Paul McKenna dealing with cravings. It's really a nutty show. Next time I have a craving, I'll start tapping my face the way he suggests. lol

I like the tactics for slowing down your eating. I'm such an unconscious food shoveler. The other night we went to the salad place for dinner, and usually I'll eat two big plates of salad, but I did the thing where you put your fork down after every bite, and I seriously was full halfway through the first plate. It's a good tactic, I think.

Today I will eat better. DD & I need to go shopping. We are out of raw eggs, but we have a plethora of hardboiled & dyed Easter eggs.

I hate being down. I haven't worked at all on my quilt. =/ My inspiration is totally gone for some reason. I feel like a manic depressive. I do go through creative bursts. It's also hard because my downtime during her nap is spent exercising now, and I can't work on the quilt with DD around because I get really distracted by her, and then when she goes to bed I'm tired and can't focus on doing it.

Wow I'm gonna shut up. I've written a book. Gonna do personals.
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:06 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

txmomma--that kind of stress will zap your motivation...give yourself time to see what happens and work through this, see what happens, etc. Do your best Oh, and what does this salad place do that makes them unhealthy? I always thought a lot of salad is better than pizza or something

We found out now hubby's boss did slide him some extra $$ this week because he heard about the other job offer. Now hubby won't be home until Saturday sometime because they are sending him back out again...so this is busier than normal even, and he is thinking it might be okay to stay. I seriously don't know what to do! He said all the other trucks are out this week, no one sitting home, and they even have extra loads their drivers can't cover, since some quit already. he thinks it was just a down time, like they always have, but never this long. I am no help to him, I am completely confused on what is going on. And he says he doubts the strike is giong to happen, it has been going around about every year and it never comes about.

I am taking the kids to the park today since it's such a beautiful, warm day I'm going to play with them some and walk some laps around the play area, it has a nice field around it. There are sure to be plenty kids there to entertain them while I get that done.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:41 PM   #48  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I am totally swamped at work today (story of my life, huh?!), but wanted to pop in and say hi!

I did a 2 mile Walk Slim dvd this am...it was really tough as my body is sore from the weight workout last night! It's all good, though, it's that good kind of sore!!!

I am not going to the gym tonight--too much to do after work.

I'll catch up w/ everyone as soon as I can!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #49  
mj5

Hi again!

ok, my last meeting was just cancelled, YEA! So I am going to try to do some p's....

Beverlyjoy--How are you holding up? Please do not apologize for venting--we all need to do it. Hang in there w/ the pt (do I sound like a broken record yet?!). I know for me, it would be two steps forward and one (or sometimes three) back....it can seem like painfully slow progress, but any progress IS progress!

Purple--YIKES! I don't know....I hope the time at the park helped you clear your head!

txmomma--Yea on new clothes! I really hope your gm is doing better. I totally missed that show last night...ugh! I need to set the dvr so it just automatically records!

Rhonda--Go out and walk! Even if you can't every night, what a great way to 'mix up' your exercise routine. How is the insomnia?

Dark Blue--Hang in there, one cookie will not take away all of your hard work! It is so hard to say no...I finally have my staff 'trained'...they either don't offer or they say "I know you'll say no, but..."--of course it's much easier to do that w/ adults!

Math Puppy--Yea for a good day. Wow, lots of exercise yesterday! Great job! Too funny....yea, my awesome skills...no, I think she was just bored--she was trying to talk to everyone...

Schmoodle--Good for you for getting right back on plan!

Ok, I am officially drawing a blank.....if I missed anyone, I apologize. I am off to the grocery store.

Have a great night!
Old 03-27-2008, 04:37 PM   #50  
Kerry ~ TBL Red Team!

S/C/G: 236/194.6/135

Height: 5'4"

After posting yesterday about joining you guys, I haven't actually managed to get online again until now. Argh!

So,.... I had Karate last night with the self defense and again at lunch time today. I'm in so much pain right now.... ... karate and running and my lower legs have taken a pounding this week. I'm going to give myself a break until Sunday or Monday I think... perhaps do some upper body stuff with my resistance band tomorrow. ...

As for eating. Not bad and not good. I had two and a half English Muffins this morning at McDonald's. I was intending on having one and a half, then I ended up eating most of my two year olds too. Then I had Subway Turkey Sub on Wheat for lunch which was great. I love that place .... and now I'm craving fish and chips.... ARGH! Soooo not good. I think I'm actually going to run to the store and pick up some Fresh Crab Cakes and some Oven Chips. I have to eat Fish and Chips or the craving will just intensify... so I figure I might as well do a healthy version, right???? I'm also going to try the Paul McKenna thing of putting down my fork between bites and savouring every bite in an attempt to control my portions. Fingers crossed!!

Purple.... I'd be climbing the walls if I were you. I hate more than anything sitting around waiting for someone else to make a decision that will ultimately affect MY life. *hugs* ... I'm thinking of you and I hope whatever decision he makes turns out to be the right one.

mj .... I totally hear you on that GOOD pain. for exercise!!!!!

Bigtx .... I have been reading Paul McKenna's stuff (see up!) ... and I've found that his tricks for eating slower really do help with me not guzzling everything in sight. Let me know if it keeps working for you... oh.. and if you ever decide to get his book... don't buy it in the US. I looked on Amazon and it was $58. What the heck!? I went to Amazon.co.uk and it's just under six pounds... which is $12.00 ... with $10.00 shipping to the US... so I ordered from them. It's nuts. Bleh!

Diva and Rhonda ....
Quote:
I think anytime we can get the hubby's to assume our responsibilities is a good thing.
Are you kidding me??? The second my husband offers to watch the kids for a while, I'm out that door so fast I leave skid marks, just in case he thinks he can change his mind! .... hahaha! .... Normally I head to Target for coffee, but exercise is good too

Hehe

Last edited by MamaToTomAndAlex; 03-27-2008 at 04:48 PM.
MamaToTomAndAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:33 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends....thanks to you all for your support and kindness offered as I vented about my bad days and health stuff. I appreciate your support alot.

Rhonda -So glad to hear you've been on plan. That's wonderful yay! I hope you can get past your insomnia...that's rough. I am going to have to try steal cut oats. You and so many folks rave about them. I'll put them on my list! I LOVE the idea of the walking with the neighborhood ladies. Go girl- whenever you can. This sounds great.

Scoobie - Hi and welcome! Great job on your walk.

Schmoodle - So glad to hear you made it through day 2. That bean and sausage soup sounds so good. Have you posted that recipe? Don't worry about the twizzlers....bump in the road. Carry on!

Purple - So sorry to hear about all the stress you are having now. The extra exercise will help you get thru it. I was surpised to hear that there's a downturn in the trucking industry. I thought it was the one thing that can't be out-sourced. (But, what do I really know about it...) I am so, so glad to hear that you all got the extra $ and your DH boss realizes how important your hubby is. However, it's hard when you are dealing with someone who doesn't do well with change.

Mj5 - Wieght training and cardio.....GREAT - plus a 2 mile walk. You are smokin'''. Thanks for this reminder. I will take your advice and try and be patient about my PT.

Bgtxmamma- so, so sorry about your Grandma. I am sending love to you and your family. Do the best you can.

MomtoT/A - Welcome!! Congrats on your wonderful weight loss. Terrific!. Great job on your exercise too. Karate sounds like fun.

Dark blue - boy, it's hard not to eat a cookie when it's in your hand from a little one. yikes.... Just carry on. You will be ok. You always have a good plan.

Thanks again folks, for caring.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-27-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:32 AM   #52  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hello, stayed on plan today or maybe I should say yesterday…, that makes 2days in a row! I didn’t make it to the gym because I went to kung fu again instead. It was fun.
I also wrote down some stuff in the back of my food journal (that I take everywhere with me) that I hope will keep me on track. I wrote down the benefits to staying on plan such as “a normal towel will wrap around me, knees wont hurt anymore, can shop at normal people clothing section, look hott!!, ect”. I’m hoping that during moments of temptation, I can just flip my book open and meditate for a second on why I’m doing this and how it will be all worth it later. Eyes on the prize baby, eyes on the prize

Girlygirlsebas- cool karate moves is what it is all about! hey, good job on day one, glad your getting some well earned sleep. I totally understand that whole fear about being the fat one that cant keep up. It’s not a fun position to be in, but it might be worth it asking what the pace is. You could end up with some exercise accountability buddies! Diva couldn’t of said it better!

Bevjoy- oh we all know that feeling! The important thing is you’re making a new plan and trying again. The binging will NOT get the better of you in the long run, because I know that it takes real willpower to lose 66 lbs. vent away!

Schmoodle- lifes a journey not a destination! Better luck tomorrow hon. Im rooting for you! Thanx for clearing up what ph1 meant.

Diva- you couldn’t of said it better!

Scoobie- great job! Having the running shoes out will be a good visual reminder

Purplefirefly- woah what a curve ball! I know that im scared of change too. My partner wants me to finish school, so I can bring home a bigger check and take some of the pressure off of her. Especial since we are having a kid soon. But I just don’t know how to manage putting it all together. Cause I don’t like change :P it sounds like he has a boss who is actually invested in his well being. So that makes him feel valuable, and in return loyal. Sigh, its so hard to know what to do in the situation. In cases like this, I just ask straight up questions. Example “how long do you think this shortage on runs will be? As a senior employee will I get the benefit of getting the larger amounts of runs, for how long?” or to the possible employer “The current job I have now isn’t giving me enough work so I was wondering what the average working day is here? “ ect. My prayers are with you.

Last edited by math puppy; 03-28-2008 at 05:34 AM.
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 05:53 AM   #53  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hey gang I think im on crack, I somehow missed page 4 so forgive me if my personals are not in response to the current post

oh and i forgot to mention, i hopped on the scale and im down 3lbs! ( i havent checked in a while!) exciting! i can wait to take my next progress picture at 250. then i can post the 10 lb diffrence( i didnt take a pic at 270) fun fun fun.

Here are personals for those I missed, ill go back and read the rest as well.

Bigtxmomma-omg I have the same problem with pants! Are you really goin to try tapping your face? Lol, I haven’t seen that part/episode (im having trouble figuring out if it’s a like a show or a special with just one episode ) but I figure if it works, no matter how nutty it is, then it is worth it. Cause I already tried all the normal things, and a lot of them didn’t pan out so well! Ha ha. It seems like you are doing pretty good for yourself dispite feeling down, you have been trying the tactics you leaned on the paul mckenna show and have found they work for you. You have excersise time seemingly everyday. You’ve lost 42 lbs. you are doing great. Cheer up kiddo. You are amazing. Youll feel it again in no time!

Mj- good job mj, I think its awesome that you do the dvd’s AND go to the gym most days. Ha ha I laughed out loud when I read about how she was just board and talking to everone.

Mamatotomandalex- yay for putting the fork down! Don’t feel bad about only getting a chance to check in once a day… I pretty much only check in at the end of my day. Life is busy!

Last edited by math puppy; 03-28-2008 at 05:57 AM.
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:43 AM   #54  

Math--loads are given out on Friday by a seniority list, and he is #2. This week all the trucks were back to working, actually he left out Sunday and I have not seen him this week, he'll be back late tomorrow night, so they are actually busier than usual this week. Problem is, knowing whether that is goign to last. His boss is not the kind you can get a straight answer from. He's not your typical boss I'll just say that much.

I went over calories yesterday because I had an extremely active day and was genuinely starving to death! But, then that turned into a binge and I HATE that I let that happen. I was so worried for so long, then suddenly we paid the mortgage and I went to the grocery store and I guess the happiness of at least momentarily being out of that panic mode brought on the emotional binge. I am hoping all the extra activity yesterday will eat most of that up
Old 03-28-2008, 06:52 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Friends....well, I made it thru yesterday. I had an on plan day - with about 1450 calories. I am so grateful. Thanks to you all for your support and caring...it really helped me get thru it.

Tonight we are going out for dinner with my Mom and Aunt to a Greek Restaurant. Should be fun.

Today-
PT
journal food - calories, fat, sat fat, cholesterol, carbs
stretches
meditation
lots of water
PMA - positive mental attitude

Breakfast - grits with 2% cheese, blueberries
lunch - ff cottage cheese, crackers, veggies
snack - yogurt, flax, apple
dinner - out - salmon, veggie, rice
snack - cereal, skim milk, fruit

Math - hoooray for you and your weight loss. That's wonderful!!! And staying with your plan. That's great. When is the baby coming to you and your partner? That's so exciting.

Everyone - have a GREAT day. Also treat YOURSELF as well as you'd treat a friend.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-28-2008 at 06:53 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:05 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 225/221/120

Last night, I did not get to go on my walk. The warmest part of the day happened right after I got to work and the temps just kept falling all day. By the time I got home it was only about 36 out and way too cold to take my son for a walk. I told my fiance that we really need to make room in the house for my treadmill or get the rebounder soon. Today is suppose to be almost 50 so hopefully we will make it out tonight.
scoobie74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:24 AM   #57  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Friends! And, TGIF!

Guess who slept well last night? Yep, me! I worked for 13 hours yesterday to get by project completed on time. I guess the pressure was off and the sleep kicked in. As Beverly says, I’m grateful!

Schmoodle – Did you get a sticker for yesterday? Sorry to hear that the Twizzlers ambushed you.
Momma – Congratulations on moving into smaller tops!
MJ – I hope today is a quieter work day for you. I’ve got my fingers crossed that I’ll have a nice relaxing day, too. After yesterday, I think we both deserve it.
Kerry – How are the muscles today? Regarding McDonald’s, I can’t go there at all anymore. McDonald’s is a trigger for me…so no drive thru for the kiddos. I steer away from that place!
Math – Congratulations on your 3 pound loss! And, please tell us more about your baby plans. How exciting!
Purple – It sounds like things might be okay for a while on the job front…hopefully, for a long time. I’m sorry that you fell into a binge yesterday, but it’s over now and time to move on and lose some more poundage, right?
Beverly – I love Greek food. Any idea what you’ll be ordering? I just found out that there is an annual Greek Festival that happens near us in May. Wonder how many calories are in a slice of Balava?
Scoobie - Hope the weather warms up for you walks this weekend.

Well, I didn’t go walking with the ladies last night. I didn’t get finished with my project until 8pm and I was exhausted. I took a nice relaxing bath and watched some TV instead.
Of course, my scales are showing me the results of no exercise. They haven’t moved much at all this week. My Dad’s favorite quote is “You make time for what’s important to you.” He’s right. I need to get more organized with my time and include the exercise. I was reading some things that Meg said about maintenance on their thread and one of the things was about exercise. Based upon information from the National Weight Control registry, the number one way that people are successful at maintaining their goal weight is daily exercise. I have to make this a priority! Today, I will sit down and make a schedule for myself.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 03-28-2008 at 08:25 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:00 AM   #58  
mj5

Hi everyone! Today should be a less busy day, but we'll see.....I did not do a watp dvd this am...I was really tired, so I just didn't...plus I had snow to deal w/! ICK! I MUST go to the gym tonight...I counted this am...I have 10 stickers in a row and I don't want to blow it today by not exercising! I can almost feel that pedicure now.....Ahhhhh.....

I'll catch up w/ everyone tonight.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:13 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chicks! I had a good no-cheat Ph1 day yesterday, so here's to another sticker! I had kinda forgotten how important a good, clean Ph1 is. I am already feeling stronger against the temptations and not having any cravings. It's good to feel back on track. I also got in an extra workout yesterday, so I did my regular 2 mile walk, a 2-mile and 1-mile WATP back to back, and then had time for 30 minutes of yoga before dinner. I am LOVING the yoga. I am up to 1100 minutes of exercise for the month. I think this is pretty good for an exercise hater!
Here's today:
B: Breakfast cheesecake, hardboiled egg, coffee with milk
S: Roasted asparagus dipped in Goddess dressing, tomato juice
L: Taco soup
S: latte, cup of roasted red pepper soup
D: More taco soup?, probably salad (pizza night at my mom's)
S: Greek yogurt

purple, I am glad you guys got the extra cash, it solves your immediate problem, but certainly makes your decision much harder.
Rhonda, hooray for sleep! Hope you and Scoobie can get your walks in today.
Beverlyjoy, I join you in being grateful for an on-plan yesterday. Have a fun dinner! The soup is very easy and yummy. It's not really mine - another from the SB recipe forum. It's got a sticky and it's called Fireside White Bean and Sausage Soup. I'll post a link. Those chicks have got the best recipes! You guys should check them out if you haven't. Lots of good stuff, and it's mostly good for any plan.
mathpuppy, I think we are on a roll this week! Well, except for the twizzlers, but it was only two! A kid! How exciting! When does he or she arrive? How old? This is your first right?
mj, how do the walkslims compare to the WATP? I want to buy some new ones and am trying to figure out which to get. There are so many!
Hi Have a great Friday!

TGIF!!! Fun weekends planned?
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:36 AM   #60  

I had a big salad full of healthy stuff, kinda late breakfast/early lunch, then walked with son's preschool class to the truck museum and back. Nice slow walk, starting to get hot already, and now I am home and have the urge to just EAT. I"m still pleasantly full, but not overstuffed, that good feeling, but I just want to eat for some reason. I am typing here instead. I'm taking son to eat lunch with daughter at "the big school" in an hour, and will pack them each a lunch instead of driving through McDs (which they are used to on our little lunch dates). I just can't trust myself today! I'm not hungry, so will NOT eat!

I really want to exercise, but can't get all sweaty and ick then go to the school, daughter would pretend not to know me I might just curl up with a book I got at the library a week ago and haven't cracked open yet.

Why does getting back on track have to be so hard? More to the point: why do I ever allow myself to get off track to begin with?