Old 02-28-2008, 06:07 AM   #61  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! It's cold this am...4 degrees right now, but the snow has stopped YEA! To get the blood pumping I did a 2 mile watp dvd! Later I will go to the gym for more cardio--I don't have time for weights--have to get groceries tonight, but I really want to at least get back into my routine of getting to the gym!

bigtxmomma--Great job yesterday! If every day could only be that easy!!!

math puppy--Yea!!! Good for you for breaking it down! Whatever it takes!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Wow, you are up early! Awesome job yesterday! I am kind of doing the same thing...when I want to eat (or not exercise...) I think about NOT getting my sticker for the day and if it's really worth it. So far it hasn't been! Have fun at lunch today!

Rhonda--How is that project coming?

Purple--How are you doing?

Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:26 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Morning chicks, here's today:

B: open faced turkey sandwich with spinach, coffee with milk
S: string cheese, V8
L: Refried Bean Soup
S: Latte, LCLC on celery
D: leftover Italian Chicken Breasts, veggies
S: NSA hot chocolate, dried apricots

In the interest of accountability, the peanut M&Ms got me again yesterday afternoon. Today I am getting rid of any remaining sweets the kids have hanging around from Valentines.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:16 AM   #63  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Friends.

Woke up with a sinus headache today. Took something and went back to bed for a while. Now, I'm working madly to get my project finished by tomorrow. Feeling just a bit stressed.

Haven't been diligently tracking calories and no exercise, so the scales aren't moving down at all this week. Today, I'll track every single calorie that goes in my mouth and hopefully I can pull out another loss for Monday's weigh-in.

I have to get going on my project. I'll touch base later today if I get an opportunity. Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:58 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Those extra 5 lb. of who knows what are GONE today...in time for WI tomorrow, yay! Besides that, I have had a really rough morning. Cooked the kids breakfast and it took my son 45 minutes to eat At 7:35, when we should be walking out the door he was just getting up from the table, food all over his face in his underwear, not at all ready to go. We had to leave or my daughter would be tardy, so I threw a coat and shoes on him and planned to just come back home and get him ready for preschool after I dropped her. Open the front door and he starts screaming because DD gets out the screen door first. I tell him it doesn't matter who gets out first, just get in the van. That is when I realize the entire van is frozen, I had not even thought to warm it up early as I usually do.

Just as I was telling the kids to get back in the house while I dealt with the van, my daughter opens the sliding door and my son, in attempt to get in the van before she does, falls flat on his face in our gravel driveway. His head just barely missed the edge of the van by a fraction of an inch, he was half under the van screaming. I pick him up and rush him into the house, and now my daughter is crying as well. He was fine, just in a complete crying fit at this point.

I get him to calm down and tell my daughter it wasn't her fault, and she stops crying. I run out with two big cups of hot water and dump it over the windshield, get the kids in the car and we are leaving the driveway just as the tardy bell rings at the school. I felt like such a horrible, horrible mother dropping her off with no one else outside, after having such a horrible morning.

I manage to get my son to preschool before they leave the outside doors, but his teacher reminds me today was PJ day and all the other kids had worn theirs. So I run home and get his PJs, realizing i could have just left him in his and not been in such a rush this AM! Get to the preschool with PJs and he refuses to put them on!!!!! Everyone else is in them, even the teacher, but he refuses and I did it all for nothing. The teacher said he had already been crying two times in the 10 minutes since I'd dropped him off.

He was sick over the weekend and has just been rotten grumpy ever since. This concludes my morning to this point, but the rest of the day has to get better. Both kids have reward ceremonies to get trophies...both at 6PM tonight, so MIL is coming after work to take one of them which means I won't get pictures of them both. MIL will take pics but she never gives them to me...she shows me and keeps them, for some reason. Anyway, things have to looke up today or I will be bald by bedtime!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #65  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

Eeeps, purple, it sure sounds like your morning was hetic!!!

As for everyone, happy day, happy day! =) I weighed in at the center yesterday, lost 3.2 lbs since Monday!!!! I'm defnitely super-happy but I'm also worried that it might be too rapid, so we'll see how that pans out, I guess? =) I plan on exercising more (as much as I can with the crazy schedules!), and so far, so good. =)

Menu planning for today is nothing too fany....at least I GET some time to relax tonight!

B-fast - 1 whole wheat bagel with 1 tbs fat free cream cheese and an apple

AM Snack: LA Lite Bar, maybe some popcorn

Lunch: Bruschetta chicken (AGAIN), with a banana.

PM Snack: LA Lite Bar, with popcorn

Dinner: I'm playing around with the idea of simply cooking a veggie soup taht I have in my cupboard...trying to save money!!! Not too sure what else, might cook more veggies to boost my veggie intake, but other han that, I'm at a loss.
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #66  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

I woke up feeling dehydrated. It felt like a hangover and I have the smallest little headache. I'm drinking a big ole thing of ice water atm, did my neti pot to clean my sinuses, so hopefully it'll go away after breakfast. We have to replant some tomatoes, which DD is excited about. Probably will be a lazy day. I'm going to focus on strength exercises.

Food:
Eggs & Gimme Lean
Going to make patties from the leftover ginormous lima beans
Red lentil & veggie soup for dinner, I think
Smoothie after workout
Tomato/LFLC for snack

Beverly, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of meditation do you do? Hope you have another great day today!

mj, wow that's cold!!!! Yay for the gym!

Rhonda, hope your headache clears up. Sinus headaches are the worst.

Yay Purple! Grats that the 5 lbs disappeared. Wow, you had the worst morning on the planet. =( =( =( I hope things look up for the rest of the day. And get those photos from your MIL!

Grats on your loss, Starofsorrow!!! That's great news.

Schmoodle, foiled by M&Ms! =D

EVERYONE, HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #67  
Out of town

S/C/G: 138/115/113

Height: 5'5"

Purplefirefly - You can't think you're a horrible mother while I'm sitting here (and I'm sure others are too) thinking you're a MIRACLE WORKER to get those kids out the door at all this morning with everything that happened!!!! Wow! Makes me think I don't have the stamina to have kids
skinnyminnynow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:09 PM   #68  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

I'm having an okay day, but having trouble with the mindless eating. =/ I really need to work on not picking up random things to eat just because I see them. I did about 20 mins of Biggest Loser strength and sculpt. =/ I want to figure in some other kind of exercise. I'm feeling terribly unmotivated. =/
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:17 PM   #69  
mj5

Hi everyone! I am about to leave for the gym. Yes, you read that right...I am actually going to the gym!!! The sun is shining, but I know it is still really cold out there....it's ok, though maybe the cold air will help clear my head. I am SO happy, I got TONS of work done today. Tomorrow I can work on a project that I have been putting off b/c of no time...
Schmoodle--Those darn m&m's! good for you for getting rid of everything else!

Rhonda--Must be in the air...I have been fighting a sinus headache all day today too.

Purple--YEA missing the 5lbs!!! Oh no, not a good way to start the day. I know it will get better! I barely got myself out the door on time this morning, so you deserve lots of credit!!!

star--awesome!

bigtxmomma--Hope you are feeling better. I can't wait for Sunday...that's going to be my lazy day! The guy on the radio said today is 'freeze your nose hairs' cold...he wasn't kidding!

After the gym it's off to the grocery store for lots of healthy food, then home to snuggle w/ dh and the dogs.

Have a great night!
Old 02-28-2008, 04:18 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyminnynow View Post
Purplefirefly - You can't think you're a horrible mother while I'm sitting here (and I'm sure others are too) thinking you're a MIRACLE WORKER to get those kids out the door at all this morning with everything that happened!!!! Wow! Makes me think I don't have the stamina to have kids
Well, when things like this happen I always feel I should have been more prepared, gotten up early, etc. when I know there was no way for me to know that he would take that long to eat, throw so many fits, etc. I just feel it was a disaster, chaos, and my kids deserve better it has bothered me all day, even though I got some snuggle time with son and things have been better this afternoon.

Kids are a lot of stamina, but ya know before I had my daughter I thought could never do it, didn't want to have any and mess them up. But once they are there you love them so much and all this energy and determination just comes out of nowhere. My life changed overnight when I got pregnant, literally, and I cannot imagine where I would be today without them. It is scary and a huge task, but the feelings that go along with children are so out of this world you cannot describe or understand it untily you have them!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #71  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Aww, Purple...sounds like a typical aggravating kid morning!!! Thanks god not every day is like that!

I'm having some issues with my son lately. He turned 10 in November, and it seems to me..that puberty has hit this kid with all it's might!
He's got tiny pimples around his nose, he's getting a little bit of B.O. and he's an absolute emotional ROLLERCOASTER! He's been lashing out verbally, not swearing or anything, but definitely lashing out. So he'll spaz...take off to his room for a while and then we'll have a big talk about why this is happening and try to figure out ways to fix it...then he'll cry his little eyes out because he feels guilty! Poor baby...he's just such a little ball of hormones right now. And it is SO hard to know what to do!
He says he feels like there's a monster inside him...

HOW do you parent a "tween" correctly??? How do you deal with these outbursts...and all these feelings?
It's like it happened overnight!

On the weight front....I'm feeling a little whiny! I've been at 235 for days now, and I'm getting so sick of seeing that darn number! Especially on mornings like today, when I woke up "feeling" lighter....you know what I mean?

I KNOW it's preposterous to be feeling impatient after less than a week...I know I'm being a weenie...but I want my scale to move again!

I think all this is getting to me because I'm really tired, and adjusting to a much busier work schedule...and really, to working at all!
On Monday, I scrubbed my very disgusting bathroom for hours until it gleamed...on Tuesday, I scrubbed a client's disgusting bathroom till it gleamed, on Wednesday I scrubbed another client's REALLY disgusting house while they hacked up flu germs into the air...(this freaked me right out...4 of them sick...I just felt like escaping that one) Todays client had a very clean house, but lots of stairs and LOTS of vacuuming which hurt my back

Plus...after cleaning all these client's places...when I come home, it makes me 10 times more pissed off that my own house is a disaster area...

BLAHHHH!

Guess I'm a smidge irritable today, huh?
I think I'll lay down for an hour before I have to get the kids. And remind myself that I am HAPPY! I love my kids, I love my new job, and I'm GOING to see my scale move very soon!

Thanks for letting me have a never ending rant! Sorry to subject you to it...

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:28 PM   #72  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I had a hectic day! My partner called me at work to say she was having chest pains and I left work to drive her to the ER. After an hour they figured out it was not anything life threatening and released her… I was so relived. It was so scary for me to worry about here for hours and to see the scared look in her eyes.
Afterward we had dinner at red robin because nither of us had lunch. I had a 5alarm burger and steakfries! I was just so relived! I lost a little control of myself…well, no not control. I just didn’t care for a moment. I was just glad erin (my partner) was okay.

When I got home I looked up the calories online (surprisingly redrobin has the best nutrition facts page I have ever seen! You can customize anything!) I busted the calorie bank with that meal. But I was only 200 cals over limit. Which is better then my pre plan days I suppose. Well I gotta go be sweet to my honey. She needs a little love after an exhausting day!

Starofsorrow- hi and nice to meet you! 3.2 lbs wow! That’s will power!

Mj5- good job motivating yourself to get to the gym!

Darkblue- thanx for the congradulations, nice too meet you. Dinner is hard for me too

Bigtxmomma- my wifey has a neti pot and has always found it helpful. Ive never tried it. Mindless eating is a hard one, I have tried everything from throwing food on the floor and stepping on it the second I “wake up” to the fact im being midless to planning the heck out of my day. But you have lost 22 lbs! this is just another rut and I know you will be back on top in a day or two! You can do it because you are an incredible shrinking woman!

Beverlyjoy-I love it when I have a bunch of good days in a row, and seeing the results are so satisfying!

Schmoodle- oh no! m&ms! Hiss! Hiss! Good job getting them out of the house! 

Girlygirl- did you count all your calories today?

Purplefirefly- omg! What a morning! Maybe you can just ask for a copy of the pics?
Good luck, sounds like you might need it!

Skinnyminnynow-for sure!

Famograhm- don’t worry, if you don’t give up, the scale will move again soon!
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:01 AM   #73  
mj5

Good Morning! My knee is sore this am, so I only did a one mile watp dvd. I don't want to over-due and end up being benched again! I think I am going to try to get the house picked up and some light cleaning done tonight, so I can relax all weekend. I think I could use the time to rest my knee again....Dh has to work tonight until late, but works more 'reasonable' hours over the rest of the weekend.

Today I am calling for a hair appt, finally! At one point yesterday I looked in the mirror and it wasn't pretty!!! I am trying to grow my bangs out (still not sure why, my stylist just keeps telling me to trust him.....) and well, yea it's not pretty! So, it's time for a cut, hilight, eye brow wax--"the works". I can't wait! Hopefully he can get me in next week.

Last night I bought lots of groceries...I bought stuff to make trail mix...I love it as a snack, but end up picking out the stuff I don't like, so rather than wasting $ on things I don't like, I make my own. Then I package it is small portion sizes because if I am wanting to snack....I can eat way too much! Dh was too funny last night as we were putting stuff away....he kept saying "that will never make it into the trail mix...." (I bought some cashews which are his favorite....I better make it tonight or there won't be any left!)

Linda--Vent away! I'm sure it is especially hard after cleaning for other people to come home and feel like cleaning your own house!

Math puppy--What a scare! So glad your partner is ok!!!

Purple--How did it go w/ the mil?

Rhonda--Did you get your project done?

I am hoping to work on a project today...nothing major, just putting together some training information.

Ok, I better get ready for work. Have a great on plan day!

(9/9 w/ stickers!)
Old 02-29-2008, 06:59 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends...I am happy to say that I had another healthy food day yesterday. It feels good...I am grateful.

If I ever doubted my back pains come from wearing my foot/ankle brace - I don't now. I've been trying it again and it causes more pain. I have an appointment with the ortho next Friday. Someday they'll figure this out - soon would be to my liking.

Today is a cleaning day - office, files, letters, going to the grocery, etc.

meditation
water
journal food
stretches
PMA - positive mental attitude

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, ww toast with npnb, and strawberries,
snack - carrots
lunch - ff cottage cheese with banana, small sweet potatoe, speghetti squash with parm cheese
snack - yogurt, flax, crackers
dinner - vegetable beef soup, garlic toast
snack - cereal, skim milk, fruit

Personal a bit later!

Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-29-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:50 AM   #75  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning!

I've been working on my project since 6am. Still not finished yet, but plugging away. This evening, oldest DD is having a slumber party. Looks like I'll be very busy and not getting much sleep. But, at least this project will be complete and I'll be just a bit less stress. Of course, a group of giggling tweens in my house is not the most calming and peaceful atmosphere.

I've read and enjoyed all of your posts. Unfortunately, I only have time for a quick break right now. I'll be back later today to check in.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote