Old 02-25-2008, 05:57 PM   #31  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I didn't make it to the gym, but I did do a 2 mile watp dvd this am, so I did get a workout in. I WILL get to the gym on Tuesday.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:45 PM   #32  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

purple -- I know, I don't know where I'd be without them. They are awesome and definitely very loving! I couldn't be happier The pastor took up an offering for us last Sunday on a whim, I had no idea he would do that and I didn't even expect it. But he knows that we've been really struggling lately, so it's nice to get a break somewhere!

OK, I'm done with work (about 2 hrs ago now). John and I walked over to Publix to get some groceries and food to eat, and then we walked back. I count it as part of a workout because it is not easy carrying groceries back home. We don't live that far away, granted only 10minutes by foot, but things tend to get heavier the longer you carry them :P. I'll count the walk in my exercise, but I need to do some stretches and weights now!
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:53 PM   #33  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Right now, they aren't giving me much of a time-frame on the knee. I've already had 2 surgeries on it, as well as steroid injections in the joint, and numerous other procedures. The biggest problems are that honestly, I am missing about half of my knee joint, and I've done so much damage to ligaments in the past. Literally, you can press your fingers where the bottom of my knee is supposed to be, and all you feel is a dent and open space.

My ortho is telling me that the best thing I can do right now is stay completely off of it for as long as possible and let things settle down and start to heal, and then as the healing process continues, we'll just have to watch and see how it goes. He thinks that I can avoid another surgery if I am extra careful and extra diligent in staying off of the knee for as long as possible.

Boyfriend got here a little bit ago, and I already got him to throw me a huge salad together. He's a sweetie, for sure. Bless his heart, he carried me downstairs so I can actually lay in my own bed instead of that icky couch upstairs, and he's been running around getting me things and making me comfortable. Right now, I could definitely go for a nice, long snuggle.

I think I'll see if I can get that now.

I'll try to check in again later for personals. Have a great night everyone!
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:30 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

xtrisaratops, I hope you're feeling better! How did you damage your knee in the first place? That just sounds horribly painful.

I took myself to the grocery store tonight and did some healthy shopping--and not a single bit of junk fell into my cart, except for the cola my son asked for. I have some good stuff for lunch now...I just hope I can stay away from the chocolate at work. Stress eat? Me? Never...
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:48 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chickies!

Welcome to all the new accountilbity folks!!!

I had a great food day yesterday...I am so happy and grateful. I decided to get on the scale this morning (it's been a couple of weeks). I am happy to say I've lost one more pound. YAY! It's slow going for me now because I can't get much exercise at the moment. But, when I look back - it's seven pounds since January first...I am very happy with it.

My plans...

meditation - a GREAT way to get seratonin in your life!
more stretches
water, water, water
journal food
PMA

Storytelling this am - then taking mom to the doctor

breakfast - "fried rice" with egg white, 1/2 banana, pnb spoon
lunch - open face turkey and cheese sandwich on ww bread, carrots
snack - yogurt, flax, crackers
dinner - morning star veggie burger with lite cheese on lite bun, spagetti squash with parm
snack- cereal, milk

Rhonda - AWESOME on the weight loss! That's great.

Star - WELCOME - so glad you joined the accountability thread. As you change your routine to healthier things - they'll become more automatic and you won't forget.

Wondering - good job on the exercise! Staying the same weight can be OK too, sometimes.

Mj5 - so glad to hear that the dog is getting the stitches out...you'll ALL be happier! Take care of that knee - So sorry, it's always an issue. I truly understand!

Schmoodle - Good plan...the lentel and veggie stew sounds yummy.

NE sunshine - glad to see you...good plan!

Txmamma - did you buy a dress? I agree...good coffee is a treat. Your recipe sounds good...thanks. How many grandchildren do you have?

Sara - oh my goodness...so sorry to about your hospital stay and your knee! I am so glad your mom took you right to the ER. Take care of yourself and heal well. Your BF sounds like a sweetheart!

Purple - so glad you had a good day. I go thru the same thing with dinners sometimes...often it's hard to know whether to eat a portion of what the others are eating (and not feel deprived) or make something different. With me...sometimes, I still feel "deprived". - I struggle with that too.

Darkblue - great job at the grocery store. It helps to have the healthy food right there at home!

If I missed anyone....have a GREAT day.

Have a good day, friends. Remember to treat yourself as good as you would treat a good friend. self---> <-----self hugging self

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 02-26-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:14 AM   #36  
mj5

Good Morning! I was up a little early this am so I had time to do a 3 mile watp dvd...I may have pushed my knee a little too much, but I have already taken ibuprofen, have my 'good shoes' packed for work, and have an ice pack in the freezer at work in case I need it! I am planning on going to the gym tonight, but if I need to switch to upper body weights I will.

That is, unless the storm we are supposed to get really is as bad as it sounds....I hope not though! I didn't listen to the weather report yesterday (for today) or else I would have made more of an effort to get to the gym yesterday...it was just one of those out of work really late, had errands to run, kind of excuse days. Gotta stop those!!!

Rakel--That's awesome about people from your chuch helping w/ the wedding! I know w/ our wedding, a friend's mom offered to make our wedding cake as our wedding present...it was a HUGE savings and the cake was even more special b/c it was made by her!

Sara--I feel for you!!!! Stay off your knee and let your sweetie take care of you! He sounds like a great guy!!!

Darkblue--Great job grocery shopping!!! Good luck staying away from the chocolate! That is something I cannot do, so I work in small amounts as a treat.

Beverlyjoy--That is fantastic!

Have a great day everyone!

Almost forgot...I am 6/6 on stickers! (The only thing that saved me yesterday was working out in the am! Of course, if I hadn't, I probably would have made more of an effort to get to the gym!)

Last edited by mj5; 02-26-2008 at 06:15 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:45 AM   #37  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Friends!

This morning, I was greeted by nature's alarm clock... a big crash of thunder and lightning that felt like it was right there in my bedroom! I just heard on the news that 54,000 homes in the Atlanta area are now without electricity. Fortunately, our home is not one of them. I have too much work to be without power today. That project that has been driving me absolutely nuts is due this Friday and I'm stressing. I can't wait to complete it and get it off my desk!

Beverly - Congratulations on your pound loss!
MJ - Congratulations on getting 6 stickers!
Darkblue – Congratulations on a junk free grocery shopping experience!
Sara – So glad you get to see your BF, but wish it wasn’t under these circumstances. Hope the knee starts feeling better soon.
Rakel – So glad your church is helping you and John get over this rough patch. I’ll be praying that a job comes through for John.
Purple - Lasagna is a tough temptation! How is your son feeling today?
Momma- I love my “special” coffees, too. A few weeks ago, I decided to pamper myself by drinking freshly ground coffee each morning. This week, I’m drinking Foglifter. It’s pretty good.
Sunshine – Welcome back! You’ve been missed.
Star – Did you remember your vitamins and water?
Wandering – Congratulations on winning the daily battle with the big hill!

Yesterday was a 100% on-plan day with food, but no exercise again. I decided to put in extra time on my project as I'm running behind. This morning, I have a mammogram appointment, so I may end up working over again today to catch up.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. I'll be back later to check in.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-26-2008 at 07:46 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 09:37 AM   #38  
mj5

Rhonda--Good luck w/ your project! I know you will get it done!

So I couldn't resist getting on the scale even though TOM is here and I know I am bloated. I am only up 1 lb, which is surprising since 'normal' TOM gain is in the 3-5 lb range. So, once TOM leaves we'll see.....
Old 02-26-2008, 11:01 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 200/195/150

Height: 5'6"

I hope it's okay to join in here. I have been lurking and reading tons and trying to process all the wonderful information. I did lose 5 lbs from my start date which was Jan 20th. but then nothing. I did some more lurking and found out that menu planning is key. That sounds so easy. NOT! I have never menu planned and I also have a hard time with portion control. So how detailed do you guys get on your menu planning? I quit smoking 9 months ago and I have noticed that I am not really hungry when I grab a bit of food but I like something in my mouth. I have been having sugar free pudding, popcorn (a whole bag!), and such. I have made changes I no longer eat chocolate or chips or fried chicken. You know, the food that got me here in the first place. but but it seems like I have to have someting in my mouth at all times. Sorry for the whine but I know that without becoming active here it would be a longer harder struggle.
So far today I have had coffee (instant) with fat free french vanilla creamer and not just the serving size of 1 tablesoon. more like 3!
sunflower48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 11:22 AM   #40  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

Another morning, another day!

Here's what I have going on today, as far as food.

Breakfast: (I overslept, so I only grabbed a banana and water, and packed my lunch very fast) Banana, water, LA Lite.

Midmorning snack: I might just skip the snack and have lunch earlier....since I only ate a little over an hour ago.

Lunch: Bruschetta chicken leftovers (yes, LOTS of leftovers, goodness!), some yogurt, Wheat Thins (100 calorie pack), and diet pepsi (can).

Snack: LA Lite bar, and most likely more fruit, perhaps a salad when I get home.

Dinner: THis is still up in the air! I really need to get more protein and veggies in today, so I'm thinking I'll probably use frozen dinner again, since I need to print pictures in lab today and will be too tired to cook!

-------------------------------

Sara - Ouch! I'm sorry about your knee!!!! Hope you'll have a speedy recovery this time around!

Beverly - Thank you for the welcome! =) I'm enjoying it so far!

mj5 - Did you check out the chicken recipe? =)

Girly - Yes, amazingly enough! I even drank more than 8 ozs of water 8 times a day!!!
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 12:50 PM   #41  
mj5

star--no I haven't had a chance to check out the recipe yet, but I will.

sunflower--Welcome!!!!

I have accomplished a lot today, unfortunately....still lots to do! I am going to spend some time re-re-organizing--I need to adjust some priorities....w/ vacation coming up soon there are some things that MUST get done, others can wait.

I'll check back later if I can.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:55 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Sunflower--how detailed you get is up to your personaity, life, etc. whatever works for YOU. Everyone is different. You can plan each meal for a week or month, or just take it day by day. I don't plan what I am going to eat at all. I count calories and stick to my calorie limit for the day and now am watching fat grams as well. I do try to eat every 3-4 hours, which gives me consitent energy all day and I eat smaller portions to stretch out the calories. I try to leave more calories for the evening when I tend to want to eat more. Others have totally different plans, so you have to kind of experiment to find what will work best for you. Welcome to the group, you have come to the right place

I am calling this a rough day and just focusing on my very basic plan. I feel like it's that week before TOM though it's too early Scale is up like 4 lb. though I have done NOTHING to make that happen and my body doesn't feel at all like I have gained...and I'm tired, grumpy, don't wanna do anything, in that kinda PMSing mood. SO, I took a nap this morning instead of my usual cleaning routine and it didn't help at all. i actually feel a bit worse now.

Maybe because it's been storming all day? This is not a good week for this to happen! I'm not worrying about the scale being up though, I know it can't be fat gain. I ate a huge salad with a bunch of spinach and raw broccoli, so maybe that will help if I'm holding stuff in.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:13 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

This has been a crazy day and I'm only just now getting a chance to take a lunch break and pop in here!
Here's my plan for the day:
B: omelet with broccoli and cheese, coffee with milk
L: Lentil veggie stew, V8
S: Latte, LCLC on triscuits
D: Italian Chicken Breasts, veggies
S: Banana Pudding

Poor Sara, I'm sorry about the knee, but glad you're sweetie is there to take such good care of you.
Beverly, 7 lbs is wonderful! You are doing great. the lentil stew was a new recipe and it was quick, easy, and very yummy. I'm excited I get to have it again today! I'll post it if anyone is interested.
rakel, I'm sure your wedding will be extra special because of the participation of all your friends and family.
mj, sounds like you are gearing up for a great weigh in! I plan to weigh on Saturday and have high hopes of finally getting to move that ticker!
Rhonda, hope you get that project off your desk and have a great weekend as a reward!
bigtxmomma, I am a coffee hound too. Lately I've been experimenting with and really enjoying cold brew from my toddy. Great with a shot of sf flavored syrup for a latte!
Hi sunflower, what plan are you following? Are you doing calorie counting or a specific food plan? Yes, planning is what saves me, and plenty of veggies and lean protein. I plan dinners a week at a time, and each morning I take a few minutes to plan the rest of the day.
Nice to "meet" you starofsorrow!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:36 PM   #44  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Hi guys!

I'm off to a bad day. DD woke up in the middle of the night because I dressed her too warmly for bed, so she got hot because the a/c kinda kicked off in the middle of the night. Plus she slathers herself in blankets. So she woke up, I went in with her, opened the windows because it was in the 50s. Then I changed her diaper, and she was hungry, so I made her peanut butter toast, and then she was wide awake. =/ So we were up from like 3 am to 7 am. =/ Then we went back to sleep and woke up around 11. I'm all discombobulated.

I'll come back for personals.

My plan for today:

Midnight snack: 2 pieces of turkey deli meat, a tomato sliced up & layered with one thing of LFLC (oh my gosh, i love LFLC! Thank you guys for turning me onto it! Wow, so yummy!!!)
Breakfalunch: currrywurst (2 FF Hebrew Nationals, curry ketchup), tomato sliced up w/ one thing of LFLC
Snack: more tomato with LFLC!!!!!! I'm addicted now. Nuts.
Dinner: Crusted beans & kale

Exercise:
WATP
Biggest Loser
Maybe go for a walk, but I feel so sulky today. =/
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #45  
mj5

Hi again! Well, no gym today...we are getting the blizzard they 'promised' Yippee....At least the dogs and I had fun playing in the snow when I got home! Tomorrow I will work out in the am at home, but the gym is up in the air because of the weather.

Still eating veg beef soup here...good night for it! Hope everyone stays warm (or cool....depending on where you are!)