Old 02-12-2008, 07:58 AM   #31  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Friends!

to Missy, Kharaarahk and Souvenirdarling! So glad you all decided to post here. This is a great group of supportive and encouraging partners. I credit much of my success in weight loss to coming here and posting each day.

I didn't get around to working out yesterday. I had a presentation for work and ended up working late. Hubby strained his back on Sunday, so I was responsible for dinner. Have I mentioned how much I despise cooking? Then, I had to make a "Wallyworld" run and pick up a little something for my oldest DD. Today is her birthday. She turned 12 at 7:05 this morning. Today, we are taking the family to dinner to celebrate. She wants sushi. (yuck!) I'm not sure where we're going as we moved here last June and we've not found a sushi place for Hubby and DD yet. Wherever we go, I'm looking for something low calorie or as healthy as possible. And, I'm determined to get in a workout sometime today. Maybe at lunch.

Kharaarahk - I lose weight very slowly. I'm now 43 years old and I had a total hysterectomy in 2005. I fight hard for every single pound I lose. For me, the Southbeach plan worked very well. This plan taught me how to eat healthy whole foods. However, one word of advice....if you decide to follow this plan, please check out the recipes on the Southbeach chicks threads here at 3FC or invest in some Southbeach cookbooks. The foods can be quite delicious, however, the frozen meals don't taste that great. As of two weeks ago, I began calorie counting because my weight loss had stalled. I pretty much still eat Southbeach approved foods, however, I now track how many calories I'm eating each day. This has made me very aware of every single bite I eat and has been a real eye opener for me. I was eating way to much healthy foods to lose weight. For the majority of people, losing weight really is all about calories in versus calories out. therefore, I've found that exercise is a must no matter what eating plan I follow. Without some sweat equity, the scales will not budge.

Ginger - 3 episodes of the flu within 3 weeks? Hmmmm....that doesn't really sound right. Maybe you haven't ever fully recovered from the first one and you're relapsing. Or, maybe its not the flu. I'm glad you've decided to go see the doctor.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-12-2008 at 07:59 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:40 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 279/237/175

Hello everyone.

Purple - CONGRATS on the 16's! That is awesome.

It is a bad scale week for me. I just got over 'that time of the month' and I am feeling all bloated. I did not even weigh myself on Friday. Hopefully this Friday will not be too bad.

I am back at work. It is nice getting out of the house, but I miss my baby girl!
Margaritachic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #33  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

I went on a walk yesterday with Kathleen. We walked to and from the shopping plaza across the street from our apartment complex. I didn't time it, but we walked the entire time (walking in 2 stores was a little slower, of course) but I'd say all and all we got about 30 minutes in. She got to sweating a little. I didn't sweat, but my legs were all tingly all over when we got home.

Food: not that great. I need to get back into my food journal. I've been having trouble sticking to it... writing down 2 to 3 days, then missing 2 to 3 days, etc.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #34  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! I officially overdid it yesterday and my knee is really sore today. I put the word out first thing this am at work today that MJ is in the office and if you want anything, you come to me!
bigtxmomma--Great job! That's what we are here for!

missymckibben--Welcome!!

kissingginer--Oh, I am so sorry to hear that you ended up so sick! Good for you for coming up w/ a plan and a goal for next year!

kharaarahk--Hang in there! I go in spurts...I'll lose, then maintain for a while. You can do this! What works for me is making healthy food choices--I figure I am making life time changes--not just a diet, so I have to do something I can live w/ forever. Nothing is forbidden, just watch portions. I workout at home (dvd's) and go to a gym. I am 'benched' right now w/ and injury and even when I am healthy I struggle w/ exercise, but I had been doing better. Drinking lots of water is key too.

mathpuppy--I injured it (and re-injured it) a long time ago and had multiple surgeries. Unfortunately, it's never been the same since. There is one more surgery looming, but we are trying to push that as far away as possible!

Beverlyjoy--1/2 is better than all! It's ok to treat yourself once in a while! I love your statement about treating yourself...I think we often forget to take care of ourselves!

souvenirdarling--Welcome!

Rhonda--Sorry to hear yesterday was so busy! Happy bday to dd. Sushi, yea, not a fan either. Good luck getting in a workout today. I know you can do it!

margaritachic--It's good to hear from you!

rakel--Great job on your walk!

So, my plan to try even some 'gentle' cardio by the end of the week may be a bit ambitious...still playing that by ear, but I will not overdo it!!!!

I have had one cup of de-caf tea and am going to go make another one. It's pretty cold in my office, so cold water just doesn't sound good right now! Plus lots of people are sick and I am hoping the tea will help me stay healthy!

Have a great day!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #35  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Just to write down my plan for today:

Light strength exercises because my muscles are feeling it
WATP 1 mile

That's all I can commit to for exercise today. I'm in a bad-ish mood. Hopefully it will improve after bfast.

For food:
Bowl of lentil soup & egg for bfast
lunch: smoothie
dinner: lentil soup?? If I go out and get some tomatoes, I'm going to make portabella "pizzas"
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:31 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Ginger--I was thinking you seem to have been sick a lot lately, but you have little ones so that is not entirely unheard of. Get checked, smart girl. I agree with you on the sadness of years lost. I have thought about that a lot and it's one thing that keeps me going as well. I am so glad you go that realization, it makes that trip and the flu worth it because it's one of those "aha moments" that stick with you. Just another reason to stay OP...don't waste another single day! YOu are NOT too big to do fun things. If I can roller skate at my daughter's birthday party in a couple weeks you can do those things as well i actually roller skated with them at my heaviest, 257

mj--rest the knee...but i do like to hear about you trying to do all you can and not letting it be an excuse. Take it easy now though.

rakel--even light workouts burn calories, good job! I don't know that I'd ever have any spare money if I lived across thes treet from a shopping plaza

margarita--the great thing about TOM gains is that it is only water and will go away soon enough...as long as it really is just TOM bloating. I tend to lose the same during TOM if I don't give into the intense cravings, so unfortunately my little TOM gains are usually not water but I correct it and it comes right back off, so no worries. Hang in there, it goes away.

Rhonda--glad to hear you still trying to work those workouts in...how is the calorie counting working? Sorry about hubby, baby him back to one piece.

Sounvenir--sounds like planning works for you! Keep at it, and welcome to the group.

Beverly--tell hubby you want things that smell good, not taste good (and not smells good as in food)! I told hubby that and he's done better about gifts now.

mathpup--I am a bit jealous of myself I did not expect to be in 16s at all, and would not have tried them had I not had a friend with me who made me do it. She said "don't look at the size, just put them on" and they FIT. Now, not all the 16s fit, some I was kinda in between where 16 was tight, 18 was loose. But I found 2 pair that fit perfect and they were both 16 and I bought them! I wore one yesterday and it's amazing how much better I feel in them, compared to the 20s I have been lugging around in. I always thought it better not to spend $$ on in between sizes I'd just shrink out of, but it does a lot for my confidence to wear something that fits so that opinion has changed! I can't wait to see what size I fit when I hit my 20% goal....20 more lbs to go for that.

Khara--The only thing that has worked for me long term, and that I feel I can keep up for life, is calorie counting. It's simple, easly to follow, and when I feel I want a treat or have to eat out I don't have all the guilt, long as it works into the calories. I do try to limit fat and keep about half from protein because I feel better when I do that...but when things get tough I just require msyelf to stay in my calories no matter what I eat, and it works for me. I can also adjust calories for one day depending on circumstances, so just feels very natural and not stressful for me. Everyone is different though, and it took me awhile to put together what worked best for me. It will take time, but you'll find things that work, put them together and have your own little plan.

missy--welcome to the group

Sorry if i didn't go far enough back to completely catch up, but I have to run out the door now...just missed you guys and wanted to see how you all are doing I'll be back later.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #37  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone!

okay, so I have a fridge full of nothing to eat and now 2 sick kids with fevers. They got my flu. So I can't leave to go grocery shopping, so I am going to have to be creative.

today's plan:
b: crackers and PB, tea
s: oranges
L: eggs and ?? usually I would eat a veggie, but there are NONE. Agh!
S: oranges
D: beef stir fry (I do have enough cauliflower for the family. But beef and cauliflower and onions for a stir-fry? yikes...it'll be my worst one ever.

Purple: It was a huge AHA moment for me. I don't think I could possibly write about it, the way it felt. You are roller skating!! That's fab! No things shouldn't stop me from doing them just because I feel too big to do them, but the reality is, that some things just aren't very possible because of my weight. I can't rock-climb with hubby because they just don't make safety gear big enough for my size, and it's so hard to climb with all this extra weight. I totally get what you mean though. Oh and CONGRATS on the 16's!

mj: sorry to hear your knee is still bothering you. rest up!

Rhonda- I've seen your posts here and elsewhere and I just wanted to congratulate you on your losses - that calorie counting and fluctuating your numbers seem to be working.

beverly - how could he bring you brownies! good for you for only eating 1/2!

rakel: awesome going for a walk. I need to do more of that too when I get healthy.

bigmomma: sorry you are in a bad-ish mood...i was there last week, hang in there.

Margarita: tom comes and goes: hang in there and you'll see the scales drop next week

Cheers everyone!
Ginger
kissingginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #38  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

I screwed up, you guys. I have to tell you because I am accountable to you. But anyway, fast food is one of my weaknesses. I didn't each much until I met DH (I lived in Maine for most of my adult life, and you just don't eat fast food in Maine). DH was addicted to fast food when I met him (he hates cooking and worked weird shifts), and I got addicted, too. We pledged to stop eating fast food a couple months ago.

Then today DD and I were out shopping and I wanted a drink on the way home, but I don't like leaving her in the car while I go into a convenience store, and I don't like taking her in because she'll want something and then freak out if she can't get it. So I called DH and was like, "Ugghhh does it count if I just get a drink from Sonic?" and he said it was okay, so I went to Sonic and got a diet coke and asked for lime and cranberry juice for DD. Then DD was all, "Mommy, I want a burger." And we hadn't eaten lunch so we were both hungry but I said no way but I was definitely tempted.

Then I got the drinks and my diet coke was really sweet and as I'm driving away, I'm thinking, "Wow what if they put like a sugary flavor shot into this?" but I KEPT DRINKING IT ANYWAY!!! ?!??!?! I knew there was a 50/50 chance it was just lime or flavor shot (my ability to taste sugar is really warped now that I haven't eaten any sugar for two weeks). But it was like I almost wanted it to foil my plan so I could go back to eating junk again.

Anyway I got home and looked up nutrition facts and the fresh lime added to sodas is just fresh lime... 21 calories with like 3 grams of carbs or something, so it's not bad. And there are two pieces of lime in my drink. But on the way home, I kept thinking that I might as well binge as soon as I got home because what was the point, anyway.

But I didn't. But I almost did. I wanted to. I still want to. =/ =/ =/ =/

I have no willpower. DD is down for her nap and as soon as she wakes we're out of here to go get stuff for making Valentines to get my mind off it.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #39  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

Girly, happy birthday to your DD! I'm shocked that she likes sushi. Hope you were able to get in a workout.

Rakel, good job on the walk. That's good you were able to tie it in with something interesting, like shopping. =D

mj5, I'm glad you're taking it easy and resting on that knee. Yea, let them all come to you!!

Ginger, I think beef and cauliflower and onions make a good stir fry. =D Esp if you have some yummy seasonings.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:22 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 232/199/120ish

Height: 5'2"

Bigtxmomma, congrats on NOT going on a binge. It's so hard to stop wanting that junk food. For me, it's sweets. Anything sweet or carb-rich. I think the only thing that is keeping me on track is: I'm worried about my health. Back pain, diabetes, heart attack....I think it's great that you and dh are giving up fast food.

Missy
missymckibben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 232/199/120ish

Height: 5'2"

MJ, I hope your knee is better.

Ginger, we have all been sick at my house. I was out of the office pretty much all week last week. Now my kids are getting it. Hope they feel better soon.

There was a cake at my office today, chocolate, and I didn't eat it!!! I wanted to, but I'm going out for my b-day this weekend. So, I stayed away. No exercise today though, it's my long day at work, 8-8. Well I hope I'm out of here by 8.

Missy
missymckibben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #42  

[QUOTE=bigtxmomma;2051158]
But I didn't. But I almost did. I wanted to. I still want to. =/ =/ =/ =/

[QUOTE]

The only thing that is important here is the "BUT I DIDN'T." The almost did and wanted to don't matter...you DIDN'T do it That is awesome. You are going to go through these times and it is SO HARD, trust me I understand completely I've been there, but you have to just get through it and know that those cravings will go away in time. Give in and you are starting over from square one again, and then you'll still have to go through those hard moments again later...why not get them out of the way now? YOU CAN DO THIS! You proved that to yourself today. You can!
Old 02-12-2008, 10:29 PM   #43  

Ginger--Okay so there are some things you can't do, but never pass up trying things that don't require equipment, okay? I feel for ya on the empty fridge with sick little ones...I was there just a week or so ago, such a hard combo to get through.

I am happy to report I feel out of my dark mood today. I just woke up feeling better. It is also day two of TOM, so I think I just had a very bad PMS period, that always lightens when I actually start. It's early though, so I didn't think about it being that.

Tomorrow will be a challenging day for me. It's my daughter's sixth birthday and I'm feeling pretty sad over her turning another year older. I have to go to her school with adorable little mini cupcakes and a bunch of cookies...valentine decorated since it's about all I could find this time of year, and those little cupcakes have always been my favs. I will have extras, but plan to leave them with the teachers if they'll take them. As a back up, I might "forget" to take them when I leave

Night everyone...hope we are all doing well! I'll check back in the morning and then after her school party...whill need to stay accountable with those cupcakes
Old 02-12-2008, 11:00 PM   #44  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

You guys are awesome. Thank you for your support. I felt like ****, and seriously, if it wasn't for this board I probably would have binged. =/
Old 02-13-2008, 01:34 AM   #45  
gonna win the thin!

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

HEY GANG!
whoa, i just got an awsome workout. there is a particular teacher at my martial arts school that gives these intense warm ups combined with alot of leg work and sparring. omg it kills me, but somthing about getting all that cardio always makes me feel... clean.. i dont know how to explain it, but that the closest i can come to discribing it. i feel clean and aleart and "in the zone" to bad i wasnt more of a morning person, it would be an awsome way to start the day.

in other exciting news: i didnt go over my calories today!
now if i dont eat anything else tonight ill be a-ok

kharaarahk- i have found that calorie counting has worked best for me. also i concentrate on getting enough protien and veggies and low carb. working out is very important too!

purple- how did the cupcake caper go? did you leave them with the teacher?

beverlyjoy-dude, if some one gave me a brownie, i dont know if i have reached the point where i would only eat 1/2! will power!!

souvenierdarlnig- glad to help! keep up the good work

girlygirlsebas- did you sneak your work out in during lunch? thats always so hard for me, props to you for even thinking about luch time work outs.

rakel-i can be like that to (slacking on the journaling). but i got these really small compisition books that fit in my back pocket, and now i try not to leave the house without them. i kind of think of them as just as important as not forgeting my wallet. haveing them on hand has really helped my food journaling

mj5- even gental cardio can make you sweat!

bigtxmomma- portibella pizza?! okay, you have to tell me how you do that!! omg im drooling just thinking abut it! and also, you DO have will power! now repeat after me: "I HAVE THE POWER!" quick! now pose like he-man and pretend you are just as in shape as him. feel better? hee hee
(my biggest challange is bingeing too, its an up hill battle!)
math puppy is offline   Reply With Quote