Old 02-16-2008, 06:22 PM   #91  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi again! Just waiting for dinner to heat up. Ahhh, I love being lazy once in a while, although I cannot wait to get back to my routine! I am going to try the gym on Monday. I promise to take it easy, but I need to try sometime!

Hi everyone! Hope you had a great day!

Schmoodle--No problem! I actually find a lot of great recipes from that site--they have samples at the store and hand out the recipe--I'm sure most stores do, of course to get you to buy more groceries!!! have fun this weekend!

Beverlyjoy--Oh I am so sorry yesterday was a bad day. Great attitude!!! A new day, a new start!! Hope your foot feels better! Rest and do something nice for yourself.

Rhonda--So glad you are feeling better! I actually did pamper myself a bit. I gave myself a manicure while I was lounging today! Not as good as going out for a manicure, but MUCH cheaper!

mathpuppy--Great job!!! Just to let you know, you are the reason I gave myself a manicure today! It was my 'spa treatment' for myself! Now I have pretty pink nails!

I have been wanting to treat myself for a mani/pedi, but haven't wanted to spend the $ and probably couldn't sit for the pedi right now, so thanks to math puppy's suggestion for about a spa day...I touched up my toe nails and gave myself a mani. My nails are now a nice pretty pink color!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:25 PM   #92  
mj5

bigtxmomma--we must have been posting at the same time. I LOVE Wegmans too...it's my home away from home! I always find some excuse to go there! It's ok...everyone (even the dog) is getting better! Good for you!!! You are doing great!

Purple--Glad you popped in!
Old 02-16-2008, 09:58 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I'd like to murder hubby right now He has been off at his mom's all day working on a tractor with her hubby, and he has my 4 yo son, so I called at 6PM and asked if they would be coming home for supper. He said no, that grandma had my son and was fixing him something and they had McDs not long before. So I feed us, get all tucked in bed, halfway asleep and he calls..says they are on their way home and both are hungry. I was like "and you want me to cook, or what?" and he said "well, we're hungry."

So here it is almost 10PM and I am SO SO SO tired, debating on whether to start cooking or just call and tell him to pick something up or fix sandwiches for themselves when they get here. I know he's been working hard all day and is tired, but SO AM I,and very cranky to boot. I'll probably end up just cooking or making them sandwiches myself because that's what I always end up doing. Just needed to vent. Sorry guys!
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:33 AM   #94  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

Well, I think my knee decided it needed to be more sympathetic towards MJ's knee. I woke up this morning, rolled out of bed, stood up, and had to fall back into bed. For some reason, my kneecap felt the need to shift downwards and rotate in the socket. It's done this before, so I know how to handle it, but man, it really had bad timing.

Had mom take me to the doctor. He ordered MRIs to see if I re-injured my ACL and MCL. I really feel like the ACL is probably messed up again, but I'm managing. I've pretty much been on the couch upstairs for most of the day, zoned out on pain killers and snuggling with the dogs. The dogs really enjoyed it, but I wasn't too thrilled. Finally, I had my mom bring up my resistance bands; just because my knee is out of commission doesn't mean I can't do SOMETHING.

Food today could have been better, but it also could have been a lot worse. I was within my calorie range, but I was towards the upper end, which I try to stay out of as much as possible. It was mostly lean protein though, so it'll all work out. Rhonda and Purple have inspired me, so I think I'm going to commit to my own 365 days on plan challenge. With my knee so messed up, it's more important than ever for me to stay 100% on plan with my food and water intake.

So thank you girls for inspiring me
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:36 AM   #95  
mj5

Purple--Feel free to vent here anytime! Totally none of my business and if I am over-stepping here just say so, but...I would say he's an adult and can feed himself? Not your fault that he waited until 10:00 to come home.

Sara--I am so sorry! I hope you just need some rest, and it's not a re-injury! Too bad we aren't closer, we could lounge together! Mine ended up hurting yesterday too later in the day, so I hit the pain killers too....Snuggle w/ the dogs, they make everything better! What kind of dogs do you have?

Food was NOT great yesterday, not terrible, but not great. I did do awesome w/ water though.

How is everyone else? Today we are just hanging out again. Dh is feeling better, not great, but better. My knee is better, my shoulder started hurting again yesterday--I think that was from lifting and twisting w/ the laundry basket--No more of that! I made dh carry it up the stairs last night! Even the dog is better! Ahhh, maybe we can get a little closer to normal (whatever that is) around here this week!!!!

Have a great on plan day everyone!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:28 AM   #96  
mj5

I just got a new incentive....not only is dh in a wedding this summer and I want to buy a cute dress, BUT I just got an e-mail about my high school reunion. YIKES!!! The dreaded reunion! I still live in the town where I went to school, so I still see a lot of the people I went to school w/ but it's the thought of being out of school that long and well, I wanted to be in much better shape by now! I know it sounds totally cliche, but I want to look HOT at my reunion--if we go, if not, I want to look HOT anyway!
Old 02-17-2008, 11:01 AM   #97  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Argggggghhhhhhhhh is everyone committing to the 365 day challenge? Darn you, Rhonda! hahah

Okay. I'm doing it, too. You guys are inspiring. =/ Hey, if you foul up a day, do you have to start over, or do you deduct a day?
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #98  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Friends!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. I made it through day 3 of being on-plan. I do have to agree with Purple, it was tough! I ended up not cleaning and going shopping with the family. Hubby and I did the pre-planning thing before we went out. We looked up calories for our favorite restaurants. What an eye opening experience! My favorite place..Texas Roadhouse...doesn't have their calories listed anywhere. Guess that means they don't have anything remotely low calorie! We always thought that having turkey minis and the salad bar at Ruby Tuesdays was a relatively good option....NOT! There are 517 calories in two little minis...and that is before the salad bar. And, my favorite burger at Chilis...the Chipotle Bleu Cheese Bacon Burger without the fries...1090 calories! Anyways, to get back to the healthy low calories options...our best option turned out to be Applebees. We've never been big Applebees fans due to repeated poor service, however, we decided to try them again yesterday and we were pleasantly surprised. We had great service and great food and were able to stay on-plan. Of course, everyone got dessert except me. That was the hard part. But, I made it and am now on day 4!

MJ - You reunion sounds like a great incentive! How long do you have before the big day?
Sarah - So sorry your knee is hurting! Remember...pamper the princess!
Purple - Congratulations for making it through day 3!
Momma - Great job of hiding the cupcakes. This did make me smile. I remember....before starting my plan....I was the one hiding the cupcakes so that everyone else wouldn't eat them up before I got to them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by math puppy View Post
then i just logged on here. thanx guys for being a place i can turn to when i need it
this would be so much harder without you here!
This is what I love about posting here on the Accountability thread and having several accountability friends. When each of us are struggling, there is always someone here who can encourage us and help us stay on-track. So glad we were here for you when you needed us!

Today, I am definitely cleaning house. Not only does the house desperately need my attention, but tomorrow is my official weigh-in day and I want to move my tickers again.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-17-2008 at 11:23 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:27 AM   #99  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtxmomma View Post
Okay. I'm doing it, too. You guys are inspiring. =/ Hey, if you foul up a day, do you have to start over, or do you deduct a day?
Hey, Momma! We were posting at the same time. So glad that you and Sarah have decided to challenge yourself to 365 days! Purple and I were inspired by Selina, one of our teammates on the Biggest Loser challenge. She has lost a ton of weight and really made some changes in her life and we want the same thing. Since this is your challenge to yourself, you can decide what rules you want to follow. For me, I'm aiming for 365 consecutive days. I'm not sure what Selina's and Purple's rules are for themselves. If I think about it too much, I get a little bit panicky, but I'm a very goal oriented person, so I think it will work for me. I've been thinking about doing this for the last few months and I finally took the plunge. I hope it works well for you, too.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-17-2008 at 11:29 AM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:32 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks...I had a good food day yesterday and hoping for one today. I think the meds I am taking for my aches and pains are not agreeing with me. Ugh. One more thing to pile on. Oh well - I'll carry on.

Have a good day. I'll try and catch up with everyone later on.

journal food
plan meals
lots of water
stretches
PMA - positve mental attitude
meditation

Mom's coming over for dinner.

breakfast - cottage cheese, 1/2 banana, peanut butter on ww toast
snack - green beans
lunch - egg whites with lite cheese, toast, cauliflower
snack - apple, crackers
dinner - tuna noodle casserole, tomatoes
snack - cold cereal, flax, milk fruit
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #101  
baby steps

S/C/G: 285/285/healthy!

Height: 5'9"

MJ: Haha, I've 5 dogs right now, plus 2 who are "visiting", which basically means they're staying with my gramma. They make her feel safe, so it's fine.

The dogs we have here are....oh boy, long list coming......Sarge, a little min-pin mix, Keesha, who is a full-blood Schipperkee, Trooper, a straight-up mutt, Pepper, a long-hair chihuahua/papillion mix, and Gretta, a purebred Schnauzer.

Our two who are "visiting" are Skippy, our Schipperkee male, and Gracie, who is actually MY Pomeranian.

They certainly enjoy when I'm hurt, because that means more couch time with a human! I, on the other hand, don't enjoy it so much.

Freaking pain killer knocked me for a loop today, so I'm pretty out of it. I'll get around to eating when mom gets home and can bring me some food. My knee is so swollen today it looks like someone stuffed a softball in there! Ugh.
xtrisaratops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I have my full plan which is all the small things I try to stick to each day, that has kind of come together over the past year and it's my full "plan." But, I don't expect myself to be right on with all that every day, so I wrote down a "rough day cheat sheet" which is 4 very basic things that I MUST accomplish every day or I failed the challenge. For me, these are to get in my Jillian workout, some sort of cardio, stay within calorie limit, and get in 4 bottles of water. That is the bare minimum for me to consider it on plan.

You'll have to set your own rules, momma. I will consider it challenge failed if I miss any of those 4 things any given day, but I also have written in 1 completely free day a month where I don't have to count calories, exercise, do anything I don't wanna do, completely free day...but once a month only so I'll plan carefully. I do allow one day off exercise a week if I need it as well, so those won't count against me. You'll have to establish what your very basic plan is and hold yourself accountable to that each and every day. I haven't considered what happens if I don't meet those 4 things...it's not in my head to fail, I'm just going to do it every single day no matter what. No excuses.

Sara--sorry about the knee, hope it can be fixed quickly. We have 3 big dogs and they make me feel real safe when hubby is out on the road. Sierra is a 3 year old husky, outside dog who is SO gentle and precious to us but will bite if someone comes in that backyard, very protective of us. Bandit is a 1 yo pit bull mix, but actually looks nothing at all like a pit and is a big ol' wimp...someone could break into the house and we'd be lucky if he opened an eye to look he's taken to outdoors with Sierra lately. Fancy is my big baby, black lab house dog who doesn't like to be left in the backyard more than an hour at a time. She's my lap dog, and thinks she's small the way she lays on top of me I call her my blanket.

I had another black lab but someone shot her in our backyard about a year ago. I still cry sometimes over that, and Fancy looks almost exactly like her so that helps and doesn't help all at once.

I'm cooking supper so have to jump off again...but glad to have some new people taking the year challenge. WE CAN DO IT! I suggest just writing down your plan, the absolute minimum you have to accomplish to call each day a success, and then hold yourself to that.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:12 AM   #103  
KharaarahK

S/C/G: 220/214/160

Height: 5'5''

Hi everyone,

I’m still doing well and keeping control of my appetite. I was very good the other day and I am so proud that I want to share it with you. We were out and about doing some shopping and it was getting late. We were all hungry and my husband wanted to stop and get something to eat. I thought I’d be able to find something healthy pretty much anywhere, at least a salad, so I let him pick a place. Well he picked this burger place we really like… but nothing on the menu looked very healthy, even the salads are probably loaded with fat. So I ordered for him and my son and I didn’t get anything for myself. I ate a tuna sandwich at home on low carb bread instead. I was so proud! I proved to myself I have more willpower than I thought and now I know I can do this.

I really like the idea of the 365 plan but I’m afraid to make that kind of commitment because I think I would be setting myself up for disappointment. So far it has been working really well for me to just take it day by day, meal by meal. I tend to panic when I think in the long term and then I want to binge! I need baby steps J

TX Momma - Glad to see I’m not crazy about the whole diet coke thing… I think I am going to avoid it from now on! Splenda doesn’t seem to affect me much but aspartame I really try to avoid.

Girl girl - I’m glad you are feeling better. I’ve had bad experiences at Applebees as well, and actually know some people who will not eat there anymore for that same reason. However, it’s a shame they are just about the only chain restaurant that has healthy options. I prefer to the food there to go but then the food always has that plastic smell from their containers so no mater what you get it smells/tastes the same. It’s good you actually had a decent experience this time!

Puppy - If you ever feel like you need some emergency support just give me a call J

Sara - Sorry about your knee! That is a lot of dogs… I don’t think I could handle even one. I have a hard enough time with two kids I think a dog would put me over the edge!

Mj5 - Glad to hear you and your dog are better J High School reunion?? Oh I dread the day… I always pray I will not see anyone from my past when I go out in public. Hopefully by the time my reunion comes around I will be in great shape. I still have a while to go…

Firefly - I cannot believe someone shot your dog, that is HORRIBLE. L

Thank you all for being so inspiring - I hope you have a great day tomorrow and keep on your plan!

~Khara
KharaarahK is offline   Reply With Quote