Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 05:41 AM   #1  

Unhappy I need this group!! :(

I am in need of support! I have been very down on myself lately. I have a great deal of weight to loose and I have been feeling very alone. I am going to go to my first OA meeting tomorrow and I am very nervous about it.
I guess I am one of those people who has never experieced being a normal weight. I don't ever remember wearing below a size 20. I am currently a 24. I was so close to being below 250 last year, but then I hurt my knee and needed surgery. Now I weigh about 280. I still have to have another knee surgery, so exercising is really hard. I guess I need to focus on eating healthy for awhile.

Any and all support I can get is needed!

Please help!

Laura
Old 01-24-2002, 08:28 AM   #2  
hot mom wanna be!

Arrow hi Laura!

hey guess what? I am a Laura too! My log on here is Lorelei cause Laura was taken and I kind of like Lorelei, so anyway...

I can totally relate to you. I have always been overweight from slightly overweight in high school (size 14 or 16) to my highest adult size of 26. That was a year ago-those 26 regular waisted jeans were snug. Now the 24's are loose and I can almost get in the 22's. (my stomach is my problem area). I have lost 41 pounds since last January. I lost 30 in a few months and then just kept that off for 6 months or so. Just over a month ago I really got motivated again to lose more and now I am at 41 pounds. It's not easy but it can be done. Coming here is the best thing for me. I love being able to post how I am doing especially when I lose. It's also comforting knowing you arent the only one with a lot to lose.
Good luck with your surgery. Even if you cant exercise you can still lose weight. Just count your calories. Try not to go over 1800-2000 a day. Dont starve yourself-that never works. Just counting calories works for me. I wouldnt try the crazy 1200 a day-thats too low and eventually you will give up and binge or be really cranky!! Even if you can keep up an ultra low calorie amount like that you are forcing your body to adjust to that lower level so if you started eating more later (which you'd have to) it's easier to pick up the weight again. You really can lose weight on 1800 a day. Thats what I've done, it works for me.

Sorry for the novel!
take care-
laura aka lorelei!
313/272/160 goal
Old 01-24-2002, 10:40 AM   #3  
Keeping it simple...

Laura... welcome! You'll find a lot of support here... it's a great group! And, you're definitely not alone... all of us on this board are working toward (and struggling with) a significant weight-loss goal... so you're in good company.

Share your good and bad days... let off some steam... we're all in on this together. And post often.

Kath
Old 01-24-2002, 10:51 AM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Welcome laura glad you found this site!! I know I could not have come this far if it was not for the friends I have made here. join us and post daily it does help. pop in on any thread!
Old 01-24-2002, 06:32 PM   #5  

Hi Laura and Welcome! I am glad you found us! Please feel free to post lots! You can come here with just about anything, and find someone who can relate. Hang in there, and don't get down on yourself. You have already made the first step!

Nicole
Old 01-24-2002, 06:45 PM   #6  

Hi Laura I'm new too. I've been coming here for a week. I have 150 pounds to loose so don't ever feel like you are alone in this. These gals are great and very friendly. Since this is the end of my first week I weighed this morning and I am down 4 lbs. this week. You can do this. We're with you all the way.

Carol
Old 01-25-2002, 12:45 AM   #7  

Angry Thanks!

I just wanted to thank all of you. I think yesterday was just a very bad day for me. I went to the OA meeting tonight and no one was there. I thought it was a sign for awhile, but I am going to call and find out why is was cancelled. I am not going to give up that easily.
Today was a little better, but I get so hungry in the evening. I know what I have to do, but it is just so damn hard to start. Since my car wreck, I haven't been working much, so I stay up really late and I don't get up until afternoon. I eat dinner, but to me it is breakfast. I need to get up early and start eating 3 meals a day.
This is where I need advice. I am never hungry in the morning. What is a good light breakfast that I can force myself to eat. Thank God I was never into coffee!

Laura
Old 01-25-2002, 07:23 AM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Laura how about a TOTAL CHANGE??? try checking in with www.flylady.com she is my newest kick. and I love it. if anybody can help get you started on making good routines for your self then she can. what she is, is kind of coach for cleaning your house but it is much more than that. she gets you up and moving to clean your house and then you start to have pride inyour work and it carries over to your self. I love her. check it out and let me know what you think.

As for getting started with your new WOE do not think of it as a diet. if you do then when you have lost weight or have failed for a meal or day or whatever then you have this feeling of failure. that is not good. you need to aqccept that this way you can tcontinue on.if you do not start or think why should i do this is is going to be so hard, and do not start then where will you be next year? the same weight or bigger. if you do start and lose only 10 lbs where will you be next year??? 10 lbs smaller. so start but start small. start with trying to eliminate the sweets. if you get hungry eat but eat good foods. like fruit or vegies! do that for a few days. do you have any idea what diet you want to follow (I hate that word diet but WOE way of eating)?
Closed Thread