Old 10-31-2007, 10:55 AM   #1  
No description available.

Default Halloween Showdown at the 3FC Corral

I mentioned on Sandi's blog that I would stay out of the Halloween candy if she would.

I do believe that many foods can be part of a sensible meal plan, but I also know that candy can be a trigger for some of us.

If a public declaration of your "candy intent" would be helpful, put it on this thread.

I declare that I will not have a single piece of Halloween candy tonight. I declare this because I want to exercise my control and restraint, because I am in charge of what goes in my mouth, and because I want to offer support to other 3FCers who may be choosing abstinence tonight.

If any of you would like to declare your intentions, please do. It may be zero candies, or five candies, but if a public declaration will help keep you in control of your consumption tonight, feel free to do so!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:02 AM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I will not have any Halloween candy today or tonight because the scale had moved down this morning and I dont want to jeopardize that! I am strong and can resist!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 314/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Candy Strike!!!!

I know I won't have a hard time in the beginning tonight. Last year I got the good candy to hand out. One for them two for me, one for them three for me. You know how it goes. The longer the gap between kids the more I ate. This year I only bought the kinds of candy I don't like. So that part will be easy. The hard part will be when my kids come home and they have the good stuff. They will dig out the kinds they don't like but know I do. They will try to give me those. I think I'll just put them in a container and make my husband take them to work with him. He's a stick boy, he can handle it. The kids will have to keep the rest of their candy in their rooms this year. I don't even want to see it. It's way too easy to grab a handful as I pass by.

Not one taste shall pass my lips tonight!!

Supersub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:20 AM   #4  
FatCat

S/C/G: 270/244/135

Height: 5'2

OH wow. I was just going to have 1 or 2.
NO NO NO I don't need any candy. I will be in charge!!!

I WILL NOT EAT A PIECE OF CANDY TONIGHT!!!
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:21 AM   #5  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

I am declaring to eat NO CANDY tonight! -- my scale was wavering between 238-237 this morning and I intend to see the lesser of the two in the next couple days!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

No candy for me. I only bought Almond Joys and I wouldn't have touched them even on my worst, most bingeful day.

My poor husband does keep wandering around looking for the little Hershey's bars. I told him to go buy himself a Hershey bar but he said it wasn't the same as the little miniature halloween ones. It appears I'm not the only one in the family with food issues.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:29 AM   #7  
No description available.

LOL! Almond Joys would be the one I would go for.....rooting through the kids' sacks of candy and having one....two.....three....oh, look, a Mounds....and a Twix....

Sneaky lil candy bars!!

I'm so glad you all are joining in this thread! And it doesn't have to be zero. If someone is planning 2 treats and that's it, that would be a fine declaration as well.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:41 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I am not having any either
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3''

My post is going to be somewhat of a strange declaration. I declair that I will eat one mini snickers. I hope I follow through. I started this change last year at the begining of October. I did not have any candy last year. So I want one piece this year, BUT I doubt I will. I want one, I haven't had any candy in a year. But some how I think it wont be worth it to eat it. I know that sound strange. We'll see what happens. Good luck and stregth tonight! Jelly
jellybelly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:45 AM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

I'm declaring my ONE candy bar limit. I've bought the candy bar, and I can't wait to savor it tonight for dessert. Oh, I'll just nibble on it all evening *^^* However, this is it. No leftover candy or extra candy shall I eat!

for everyone!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 236/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I FINALLY lost a pound as well, my first since July! That's pretty good incentive to keep me out of the treats.
ChrissyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:47 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin41 View Post
No candy for me. I only bought Almond Joys and I wouldn't have touched them even on my worst, most bingeful day.
I'm one of the few people who doesn't like coconut, so Almond Joys & Mars are what I'm handing out to the kids. The office is a whole other series of temptations. But I found I've gotten weirdly picky since I made changes. I might be tempted if I see a Reeses peanut butter cup (my favorite), but even then, since I didn't buy/bring them in, I'd moderate consumption because I don't want to be known around the office as Reeses Snarf Face. And even still, I saw a minigoal on the scale this am, which is some pretty powerful motivation.

Last edited by nylisa; 10-31-2007 at 11:48 AM.
nylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 11:58 AM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

No Halloween candy for me either!

It's just one of those things that I know if I get started, it won't stop. So I won't start.

Sweet Jacob told me this morning I could have any of my favorites out of his trick or treat bag. Too bad he doesn't know they are all my favorites!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:19 PM   #14  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I won't have any - for no other reason than 1 can turn into a bag for me LOL so it's easier to avoid all together.

And I've discovered I like to "spend" my calorie-bucks differently now - i'd rather have a little more FOOD at supper instead of paring off some calories for a candy bar -- woah, who AM i??? what the??? heheheheh

hmmm this time last year i had a chocolate moustache and was surrounded by the empty wrappers of about 40 pieces of mini snickers LOL
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:29 PM   #15  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I will allow myself 2 of the really small bite sized chocolates tonight--maybe a twix and a butterfinger?
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote