Old 10-31-2007, 12:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Trazey, you crack me up, what a picture!
I really want one, I would love to have just one Almond Joy. Or Snickers. Or Reeses...
That's the problem, one may turn into many more. I need to think this through or it will get ugly. I think the kids will have to keep their candy in their rooms this year. No more handy bowl in the kitchen that I can get into 20 times a day. I think I'll plan a NSA hot chocolate for myself when we get home from Tricks or Treats. And some other luxurious indulgence. I am going to try to tough it out. There, I said it!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:37 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

This is my fourth Halloween since I started my final weight loss journey. Like the previous three, I will not eat any Halloween candy. I will not eat Halloween candy for the following reasons:

1. Candy is a binge food for me, eat one, want 100
2. Really, mass produced, typical, bulk "Halloween candy" (Miniature hershey's, candy corn, etc) doesn't really taste that good anyway, it is not worth it

I did buy a really nice, dark chocolate chili bar. It is small, 200 calories for the whole bar (about 4" long). My boyfriend and I are going to split this tonight for our Halloween sweet fix. If I'm going to eat chocolate, it's going to be the decadent good stuff that is WORTH IT. I have also found that high quality dark chocolate doesn't set off my "sugar binge monster" the way a regular Hershey's kiss would (plus, it is a small quantity - not an open bag).

For trick or treaters, I am going to buy 1 bag of Almond Joys, I have always hated them, so no temptation there.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:38 PM   #18  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Ladies,
No candy for me, either! I lost 3.5 in the past 2 weeks and don't want to chance it!
I'm going to do face painting at the kid's Fall Festival tonight, so I won't be tempted to go around looking for goodies! My husband wanted candy to pass out at home, so we got a little bit...(I think it's to pass out to himself, cause we hardly get any kids down our street....)
I want my son to take the leftovers with him to work.....
Robin..Aren't husband's funny???
Jelly...I know what you mean, somehow it ISN'T worth it. It's like my taste buds have changed.....

PeggyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:48 PM   #19  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Ummmm.... I will say I will have NONE tonight.

BUT... I was an IDIOT yesterday....went and ate a WHOLE BAG of Milk Duds...and by "whole bag" I mean, there were these little boxes with 4 milk duds in them, and I ate all the little boxes. I do stuff like that, like it's a drug and I can't help it... I "sneak" it even though it's only me here... like who am I kidding??
And then who feels stupid when the 6 year old says "Where are the milk duds?" and you have to tell him you ate them...all...
So, hopefully, none tonight... I'll have to have the kids and hubby hide the candy.
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:50 PM   #20  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Sweet Jacob told me this morning I could have any of my favorites out of his trick or treat bag. Too bad he doesn't know they are all my favorites!
I am the same way! I can't tell you how many of the candies I bought are my favorites. I love my chocolate and especially choco and pb.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:55 PM   #21  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I declare that I will have ONE small bar tonight IF my calorie budget allows it. If not, no biggie.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:45 PM   #22  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

I live on a farm. Don't get any Halloweener's here. Don't have any small children. If I want candy I eat sugar free York Peppermint Patties or someother kind of sugar free candy you still need to watch calories . A small sugar free mini bar is something like 35 calories! But I will not eat candy tonight!!!

Last edited by Dumplin; 10-31-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:16 PM   #23  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I will have one fun size snickers - my parent tax - assuming the kids have one in their bag; they don't like them anyway. If there isn't a bite sized snickers in their bag, I'm giving myself 10 M&Ms.

I made a conscious effort to only buy things that I didn't like. It has worked well. The only tiny temptation has been what the kids brought home from church Sunday night. I have done very well at avoiding it. That's where the M&Ms came from by the way. I didn't purchase them!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:22 PM   #24  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

It always amazes me how many places have candy out on Halloween. Including...MY GYM!

Because its a really good idea to have a bowl full of chocolate at the front desk of the GYM.

They also have giant bagels and full fat cream cheese on Saturday mornings. I dunno - if you have to give away food at the gym, why not have a big basket of fruit to grab on your way out the door?
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

No candy for me! I bought Skittles, which I think kids like, but Skittles aren't chocolate or caramel so I have no interest in them.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:34 PM   #26  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
It always amazes me how many places have candy out on Halloween. Including...MY GYM!

Because its a really good idea to have a bowl full of chocolate at the front desk of the GYM.

Maybe it's just good business? If people take some they'll spend more time at the gym!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:16 PM   #27  
No description available.

The bagger at the grocery store was passing out Reese's cups.

No thanks, says I!

Can you see my halo shining?

Good luck tonight, everyone!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:56 PM   #28  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Faerie - they care less whether you GO and more whether you are still paying the dues!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:30 PM   #29  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Mandalinn, how ironic!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:40 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I'm going to have one pack of smarties, they are tangy and satisfy my sweet tooth. I also have the points for it so that works for me. I bought one bag of smarties hoping that I'd get kids that would come to my apartment, but nope, not 1. I'm even living in the residental part of town and not the college part. Hmmph.....4 years of college and i've had all of 5 trick or treaters the whole time. But anywho, I hate chocolate and caramel and all of that stuff, but I like tangy and sour. Thankfully though one works for me
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote